Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Test Your Sigs Here!
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fanworks
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32
MasterKris
@seventh_sky - Sorry sevvy!! >_< I wasn't feeling so well in the weekend... And gotz huge amounts of hw. (STINKIN' SPANISH PALS!) Okay... (SADISTIC POWA!!)

First off, the fonts. It's really not matching and the placement is terrible. The fonts really look like it's trying to get in the way of the sig and is really messing it up. What I would do is put the font layer back of the picture layer and make the fonts go behind the two figures making the letter the background rather then placing them in the front. Of course when you do that, you gotta make the fonts more lighter. The background is dirty and is really messy when it's blended with the main pictures. Blend it more less or rather don't blend it at all. Also, the sig is rather... yellow-ish... so when other colors come in they don't quite fit right. Take one of your two figures in your sig and make one the main guy and the other more slighty larger and fade it more. I would say the layout is terrible too. It's really not your best work but I do know that it's your first time so it's hard to make it right. Also, it would have been better if you kinda took time in making the border too. In my opinion, I would start over and practice more than do some more fixing to this sig.
seventh_sky
ahhh how I love sadistic feedback XDDD

I shall keep in mind your info =O

and the text was done after about 3 hours of struggling, so that's why it looks crappy XD

Edit:

IPB Image

^ sig for a friend, not quite done yet

http://www.ysforums.com/phy/uploader/files/3/kratos.jpg

^ wallpaper using fanart I found, lemme know if it's yours!
The wallie is VERY simple, but I rather like it this way XD
Blitz
^ I like the new siggie. But I have to say this..... SAVE AS PNG!!!!!!!!! PNG is your friend remember that, eh?

The character seems a little pixely and so does the ladybug. Due to lack of saving in PNG XD or maybe the quality already was pixely before?
I think you should bring out the character even more. She's really pretty so you could first put a "vibrant" coloring on her and then set her on the sig. Or if it was your intention to have the ladybug be more of the focus, do that to it. One last thing, the character looks squashed for some reason.... XD
seventh_sky
squashed...hrmm...yeah, I can see what you're saying XD

I shall take your advice and try to work on it, although there's a request I've been putting off for quite a while, so that'll get done first (I'll add it here when it gets done)

PNGs are evil XD I don't use them because one of my friends, the one who helped me get PS straightened out (back when I had PS) never used PNGs, so I got so used to JPEGs XD

^ I'm in love with this sig >_>

EDIT:

Request finished!

the pic on the top left was provided, so don't blame me if it looks icky >_> (I didn't put much effort into this sig)

I really love the way the second one came out ^^ They're both from the music video for Sooner or Later by Breaking Benjamin
Packy
I love the Breaking Benjamin sig o_o Its so pretty... As for the avatars, I like the 1st one, but the 2nd one seems a lil blurry. I almost thought it was M. Shadows from Avenged Sevenfold at first laugh.gif I wish I could make sigs as good as you can!
Le Monkey
test-ness
*~vachi~*
I like it, but it's so big dear!! laugh.gif But I love the idea and the lettering is good, I wished it was more match-alble, but then, it's all a combination =3
Blah! I'm a softyyy!!

MasterKris

A BIG TIME FAVORITE show of mine when I was little. Called Bakusou Kyoudai Let's & Go. Since it's a pretty old anime, good quality images were hard to find and this was the best I could get. I wanted to give it a good old fashion shonen look so I made it simple as possible. LETS~~ YOU'RE THE ONLY ONE THAT DRAWS MY EYES. (the red girlish one)

Kinda yellowish white background... sorry, I'll fix that soon.
Blitz
@ Hyo - If I remember correctly, this is the anime about little racing cars, right? I think I've seen it before.

The quality definitely is not the best.... >.O I don't think it works well as a siggie. Maybe you could expand the width of it, everything looks squashed.... XD And since the render is already "old" looking, maybe you could add scratchy film thingies like so:

Made by ani_art (The link goes to a tutorial on how to make the scratchy lines)
MasterKris
^Yep, it's about little racing cars. : D
Okay, I'll try expanding the width but I don't really wanna use the film effect. I don't want to give it an old feeling, I want to give it a shonen feeling. >.<
*~vachi~*
Ah! I totally agree with Blitzy!! A scratchy film feeling would be great, and maybe making it look darker will do better for my eyes for the quality and it'll definetely would look better, there is something about the fonts you used that annoys me badly, but I guess the old effect you wanted to give is there =3 A shame about the bad quality image though, it would've been so much better
Go doooown bad quality images! Go to hell!!
EDIT: OH PSH! You replied too fast, sorry!! Well, shonen feeling, it gots it, but way too bright even for that Hyo!
seventh_sky
Bad image quality just makes me want to kill someone >_>

I dunno, if you somehow improved the main render's quality, it'd look fine to me, tho the text kind of bothers me.

(someone gimme feedback on my Kratos sig =D I'm very proud of it XD)
*~vachi~*
QUOTE(seventh_sky @ Nov 1 2006, 06:59 PM) [snapback]469086[/snapback]

I dunno, if you somehow improved the main render's quality, it'd look fine to me, tho the text kind of bothers me.

Ah! I like it, though...I wish is had something like exciting into them!! Like a something that made "wow!" I think it's the colors, but I think it's actually great *___*

I think i'm getting rusty with siggy/avvi making...I'll try making something...some soon day...>_o
MasterKris
QUOTE(*~vachi~* @ Nov 1 2006, 06:02 PM) [snapback]469090[/snapback]

Ah! I like it, though...I wish is had something like exciting into them!! Like a something that made "wow!" I think it's the colors, but I think it's actually great *___*

I think i'm getting rusty with siggy/avvi making...I'll try making something...some soon day...>_o

You're not the only one getting rusty. o_<

DIE BAD QUALITY!!
Okay, so the fonts looks bad... yeah, I was having a pretty hard time getting that right. laugh.gif So reduce contrast/brightness, expand width, get rid of fonts, etc.
*~vachi~*
QUOTE(MasterKris @ Nov 1 2006, 07:08 PM) [snapback]469097[/snapback]
QUOTE(*~vachi~* @ Nov 1 2006, 06:02 PM) [snapback]469090[/snapback]

You're not the only one getting rusty. o_<

DIE BAD QUALITY!!
Okay, so the fonts looks bad... yeah, I was having a pretty hard time getting that right. laugh.gif So reduce contrast/brightness, expand width, get rid of fonts, etc.

You're far from being rusty, you sadistic lier...><
MasterKris
QUOTE(*~vachi~* @ Nov 1 2006, 06:43 PM) [snapback]469121[/snapback]
You're far from being rusty, you sadistic lier...><

D:

Fixed the si..IT'S TOO DIFFERENT NOW! IT'S REALLY DIFFERENT!! IT'S COMPLETELY DIFFERENT!!
I tried lowering the contrast/brightness of the picture but then that didn't really help much only making the white background go more grayer. ^^;;
seventh_sky
I love your current sig, Kris....it's so oddly...hilarious XD

The Let's and Go one still looks...odd though...

EDIT:

dont you love my....

random avatars!

Blitz
QUOTE(MasterKris @ Nov 1 2006, 09:06 PM) [snapback]469129[/snapback]

Fixed the si..IT'S TOO DIFFERENT NOW! IT'S REALLY DIFFERENT!! IT'S COMPLETELY DIFFERENT!!
I tried lowering the contrast/brightness of the picture but then that didn't really help much only making the white background go more grayer. ^^;;

Hmmm, the stars bother me. I don't think it's very "Shounen-y." I think you should take away the stripy lines covering up the left top corner of the picture, or maybe you could turn that into a strip of tape? Overall, it looks fine but I don't really like it that much.... T^T
seventh_sky
mwhar....more random graphics works...

^ love the game; the sig was done in about 5 minutes, no joke XD

^ yay for Kratos!

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y287/saff...ightanddayc.jpg
^ me being bored...that's Night on the left, and Day on the right...I drew them on notebook paper, outlined and colored in GIMP...ignore the really bad background, it's just thrown in there so it's not all white XD

EDIT:

^ made because I'm bored and kinda pissed cause it looks like my friend's ignoring me...
MasterKris
^First for the siggy, it looks really rushed. ^^;; the picture looks a bit messy and the fonts are bad. For the avvy, the texture on the picture is the flaw. I think it would look better without the square-y things. The picture you drew... ehehehehe. XP
The last one's pretty actually, but a white border might make it look better. biggrin.gif
Blitz
QUOTE(seventh_sky @ Nov 5 2006, 07:57 PM) [snapback]470421[/snapback]
EDIT:

^ made because I'm bored and kinda pissed cause it looks like my friend's ignoring me...

It's very pretty! Personally, I think it's one of your best sigs. ^^ Like Hyo said, it would look better if you change the border to white.
*~vachi~*
Ah...I have come back >_o
So um, some feedback ;P
@Seventh:
The "Regret" avatar looks fine to me, I really like it actually.
The "Power of Believe" signature looks messy, but the whole idea is ok I believe, just that the lettering is hard to read.
The "Lonely Angel" avatar looks to me like over done, but that's just because I like things neat and simple...sometimes, all in all is good, but I like the first one better.
The "Pure Light" signature looks really amazing, since it really matches a lot, the whole thing looks great, again, the lettering is hard to read, but maybe it's my eyes...>_o I would have to agree with Blitzy about being one of your best works! get pissed off more often Great job seventh!

@Hyo: Well...the first one looked more Shounen Hyo! And the stars bother me too, and I guess it's way too...lovely for shounen...><

Bad feedback? Blah, I don't know why, I really don't know why!

seventh_sky

man this thread just....dies...XD

anyway, I bought this new manga, Blood Alone, and I'm rather obsessed with it now....I'm not at all happy with the sig...I'll probably mess with it some more...

Blitz
^ It does, doesn't it? XD I was gonna make a sig but I just got too lazy and decided to stop. Never did finish cleaning that render of Raito.... I really wanted to use this quote in it - And Light said: "Let there be God" - lodrelhai

I like the siggie but it doesn't have much of a spark to it. Yes, mess with it some more~ XD

Hmmm, should I make a sig out of this pic: Gyakuten Meets Orchestra or this one: Allen Walker? But then again, I'd have to clean the Allen one....
Packy
Not one of my best works, but i'm kinda happy with the way it turned out.

Synth Alchemist
I didn't find something, and i put a good pair of words and a planet biggrin.gif laugh.gif
seventh_sky
@Pack Lackey: I don't know, the sig looks kind of...bland? Try some more contrast or brushing in the background...

rawr...Cam Ward (goalie for the Carolina Hurricanes) is teh cool....XD

@Blitz: I'd love to see what you could do with the Orchestra one XD
MasterKris
Been a while. Made two snow avvys.

Bakka
see my sig now? anyone think they can put some designs on and make it more interesting
Synth Alchemist
View my new siggie
MasterKris
@Pack Lackey - Eh, it's bad. The image doesn't blend with the background. When creating a sig, it's best to create a background that has somewhat the similar type of variation as the original picture. If not, it doesn't blend well. For example, you wouldn't use a bright green background with a picture you got from a scene with a moody sunset. Either that, or you can change the variation of the picture itself. I suggest lowering the contrast on the picture too and mabye doing something to the outline of the picture because that's one of the main reasons it's killing off the blending. The fonts are terrible, it's hard to see and I suggest getting rid of that type of style. Mabye making the fonts more bigger might help? The fonts are kinda misplaced too. Also, the layout of the sig is also really squished in my opinion, try expanding your width more. Overall, it's not the best. Try practicing more.

@sevvy - Very cool and swifty, but the texture is kinda making it messy so I think lowering the percentage will help it. I really like how you did with the left and right images but I think you should lower the contrast on the left image. The fonts are bad though, they don't fit. Espacially the top left one. Over all, the layout is very well done. (in truth, I would actually get rid of the top left words...)

@lone - All you did was take an image, chop it, and put it on. If you want some designs on it, I suggest going to the Fanworks section and asking sig shop owners.

@Johichiro Nishi - It's just a small image of a clock/bomb. <<
Synth Alchemist
A clock bomb ha! laugh.gif It's GANTZ for your information! laugh.gif if you like other siggie search me one! sssss....
Packy
^If you want a diff one, maybe ask someone in the sig shops around here? btw, you siggy of Roy is too big
Synth Alchemist
Oh, the comment of my siggie of the roy is big, thanks
laugh.gif
MasterKris
@Johichiro Nishi - Like Pack Lackey said, your sig's width is 150 pixels too long. And I don't know what GANTZ is and your current Roy sig is really not that good. sleep.gif
Synth Alchemist
Now is right?
seventh_sky
yeah

sig limits here are 500x300, which is generally big enough for most anything...

Um...I'm working on a sig, I'll stick it up here once it's edited, and the Ward one I have up needs to be redone at some point too...

EDIT:

just for the heck of it XD
Blitz
QUOTE(seventh_sky @ Nov 22 2006, 06:26 PM) [snapback]476909[/snapback]
EDIT:

just for the heck of it XD

I think since it's black and white, you should enhance it more. Kinda like going from

to

(Tutorial by grrliz HERE) It's for Photoshop but I'm sure you could transfer it.

And I finally got my ass in gear and made a sig. Feedback greatly appreciated. I haven't made a siggie in ages!

Packy
@Blitz: Thats a pretty one! Though it seems a little too bright-ish in the right-hand corner of it. But I love the way you cut Raito out smile.gif Very beautiful!

Just out of random boredom, I tried my hand at making a Death Note siggy too.
I cant help but think that theres something... wrong with it though.
Meitantei Conan
hey Packey can u plz make me a Sig plz mine suck i need a better one srry for spam
Blitz
QUOTE(Pack Lackey @ Nov 22 2006, 11:19 PM) [snapback]476967[/snapback]
@Blitz: Thats a pretty one! Though it seems a little too bright-ish in the right-hand corner of it. But I love the way you cut Raito out smile.gif Very beautiful!

Just out of random boredom, I tried my hand at making a Death Note siggy too.
I cant help but think that theres something... wrong with it though.

Thanks. Now that I look at it, it's REALLY bright in the right corner. Didn't notice that when I made the background.... A good way to extract images is by using the ploygonal lasso tool. Very useful thing. <3

For the L sig, I think you should brighten him up some. When preparing a render, I usually sharpen it once, then duplicate it two times so there's three copies. Leave the botton one on "Normal", the middle one on "multiply" and the top most layer on "screen". Then you can play around with the opacity a bit. Sometimes I'll throw in an extra "soft light" layer on top. After that, merge the layers. I think you should use a more visible color that doesn't blend with the background for stroking your name. The left side of the siggie looks a bit empty to me.
MasterKris
Can anyone feedback my two avvys on the previous page?

@seventh_sky - LIke Blitz said, I think you should enhance it more too but not on the background. I think the fonts are a bit misplaced and There's too much texture on the middle figure. It's really not your best work though. The background doesn't really seem to fit the gray-ish color well.

@Blitz - Man that's bright. Making my eyes go numb... @_@
Very beautiful and well done, your sigs always amaze me. XD When you lower the brightness of Raito, make sure you do the same for the background too. Cover the little box's corner at the bottom with Raito instead of using that tape-like thingy. For some reason it doesn't look right with it being in front of Raito... Also, for some reason it kinda feels a tiny bit of squished in the middle. It would be better if the width was expanded a bit more at the left and then moving the top box to the left also. Overall, very nice with the background, etc.

@Pack Lackey - I think brightening up L more is necessary too. Put a white stroke around the fonts. You should move the Death Note font to the left side and make it bigger so the left side won't feel as empty. Very nice with the background by the way.

@The Fullninja Alchemist - Please type in FULL grammer/punctuation please. It's in the rules.
seventh_sky

^ three hours after I started...no, make that like four

this thing took forever, but I rather like it. Yeah...it'll get put up once any fixes people recommend get made, and if I get tired of my Harbringer one >_>

^ minisig for my radio station, I'll put up the link and stuff in my sig right after this...
Blitz
QUOTE(Hyo) [snapback]477196[/snapback]
@Blitz - Man that's bright. Making my eyes go numb... @_@

I think I have a tendency to make my sigs very bright.... XD
Meitantei Conan
Hey Check this i just remade it to a better size so ya what do u think????

-New Size

- old size
seventh_sky
@Fullninja: It's so squished I can't even tell what it is or what the text is...
MasterKris
@seventh sky - Very cool but it would be better if the texture didn't cover the left image so much. I think a white border would make it look prettier. I think you should bring up the left image a bit more and overall, it looks nice.

A siggy I made. Used tons of brushes here, feedback appreciated. smile.gif

seventh_sky
White border, eh?

Yeah, I'll try that. There's a white spot on his shoulder I need to fix too...and I'll see if I can make him stand out any more....rawr

I like your sig muchly, Kris, but the border looks really big O_o Also, I'm not sure if it's just me, but the pic looks sorta low quality...*squints* Could just be my monitor.

EDIT:

took Kris's advice XD

too bad the border is barely visible...
*~vachi~*
*hugs thread*
@Hyo: I would have to agree about the image quality, but maybe it's because it's a manga style thingy siggy?^^ I like it very much though, but the colors kill my brain...>_O
QUOTE(seventh_sky @ Nov 24 2006, 05:53 PM) [snapback]477477[/snapback]

took Kris's advice XD

too bad the border is barely visible...

I'm kind of lazy right now, so I'm not bothering to look the other one...teheheh...I actually like this one a lot! Good colors, texture and concept, though, maybe a different font will make it more eye catching, and also less dull =3 But it looks amazing!
Blitz
QUOTE(MasterKris @ Nov 24 2006, 06:43 PM) [snapback]477476[/snapback]
A siggy I made. Used tons of brushes here, feedback appreciated. smile.gif

It looks too wide. Looks more like a banner than a siggie. I like your use of the brushes. Nicely placed. ^^ Instead of stroking Allen and Tim black, I think you should have used an outer glow or something to distinguish them from the background. They also look somewhat squished. And like other peeps have said, the border's slightly too big. Hope that helped some. happy.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.