Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Test Your Sigs Here!
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fanworks
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32
seventh_sky
@Blitz: I think your new sig is lovely <3 It's so pretty and the bg is so shiny and the scan is great and you did a great job!!!! *steals* >_>
Le Monkey
Hows my new avi and sig?
Popogeejo
A bit big....
DarkHaze
10/10

I enjoyed the Nana's everyday life comics smile.gif
Demon-Dog
I made my siggy. smile.gif
Blitz
@ Demon-Dog - Okay, since Hyo is not here, I shall be the sadistic feedbacker in her stead. I'm not usually like this, sorry! >.<;;

The image quality is pretty bad. Notice how it's pixely? And so is the text. What did you use, MSPaint? Your sig's width is over the limit. Sigs are 300x500. I see you are not a newbie, so why is your sig over the limit? Half of the sig is just plain red. The other side has a crappy image. Not a good combo.

I feel so sadistic! XD
Popogeejo
QUOTE(DarkHaze @ Oct 15 2006, 11:39 PM) [snapback]460309[/snapback]

10/10

Psst, this isn't the rating thread wink.gif
DarkHaze
QUOTE(Popogeejo @ Oct 15 2006, 07:06 PM) [snapback]460325[/snapback]

QUOTE(DarkHaze @ Oct 15 2006, 11:39 PM) [snapback]460309[/snapback]

10/10

Psst, this isn't the rating thread wink.gif

Oh Sorry I mistook it for Rating topic sad.gif
Le Monkey
QUOTE(Popogeejo @ Oct 15 2006, 04:29 PM) [snapback]460115[/snapback]

A bit big....

Cr*p, its too tall by 100 pix. ><
*Wanders off to change it*
*~vachi~*
QUOTE(Blitz @ Oct 15 2006, 05:05 PM) [snapback]460324[/snapback]
@ Demon-Dog - Okay, since Hyo is not here, I shall be the sadistic feedbacker in her stead. I'm not usually like this, sorry! >.<;;

The image quality is pretty bad. Notice how it's pixely? And so is the text. What did you use, MSPaint? Your sig's width is over the limit. Sigs are 300x500. I see you are not a newbie, so why is your sig over the limit? Half of the sig is just plain red. The other side has a crappy image. Not a good combo.

I feel so sadistic! XD

ohmy.gif How on earth did I miss Blitzy being a sadistic feedbacker!? We need Hyo now...v_v

MasterKris
BACK TO THIS PLACE! JAIL SCHOOL LET ME SOME TIME!
*hugs everyone* (not you Mr. Pickle)

SADISTIC PO... oh wait, there's nothing to feedback. Blitz!! YOU GOT SOME 1ST CLASS SKILL! (your sigs are always eye-catching laugh.gif )

QUOTE(Blitz @ Oct 15 2006, 04:05 PM) [snapback]460324[/snapback]

I feel so sadistic! XD

Also, you forgot a very important thing in your feedback. YOU FORGOT TO SHOUT SADISTIC POWA!! I see you're still not ready. sleep.gif (caution: only shout out SADISTIC POWA! when you're really up for feedbacking, or you'll get cramps.)
DID YOU DO YOUR PROPER TRAINING? TO ACHIEVE THE PERFECT SADISIM IS TO ACHIEVE PERFECT TRAINING! Now go and write 1000000 times on your paper that you will now achieve perfect training to achieve perfect sadism and highfive your friend after that. (Make sure your friend saids congradulations. If he/she doesn't, drop a crab on in his t-shirt.) Also, write 5 gazillion times that you respect your sadistic teacher.

p.s. Ah yes, and don't mind the posts I made in this thread that did not contain the shout, SADISTIC POWA! (THAT'S EVERYSINGLE POST EXCEPT ONE!) I was young and careless... AND THE END. (I'M STILL FOURTEEN!)
Gold Alchemist
Hey, DarkHaze, nice avatar (the one with the girl with green long hair)
koohii_fiend
TEST. In theory there should be an image in my sig. *Braces self.* I never know if these things are going to show up or not... tongue.gif

Do not trust the Internet pixies, for they exist to mock us all with 404's and tags of broken-ness. XD
*~vachi~*
Confusing post, but I guess you're asking for your signature to be criticize and such xD For this thread is for that only purpose...you'd be spamming otherwise..>_o

Anyway! I think it's simple, but the colors are good and the lettering related to the "pimp" is good too, but I guess I like better if the manga is black and white or some sort of dark color, and not painted that way ph34r.gif But that's just me, all in all, is quite nice smile.gif
Packy
Aw, how long did this take? Maybe a little over an hour... I had nothing to do when the forums were down yesterday so I was goofing around with abstract grunge brushes and well... I came out with this.

IPB Image
*~vachi~*
=O I wish you had used another more matching render though...>< because the background is great, really eye catching and nice colors too, but maybe more blueish would make it more...match-able, plus your name is so darn hard to see!! sad.gif But what bothers me is the bloody render it really doesn't looks well in such a good background!

Demon x
i had just had too much demon picturrs i said i had to use one
seventh_sky
IPB Image

ahh me and my random avatars. I think he's Ran from Weiss Kruz. This is what one of my friends said; I have no idea because I've never seen the show and haven't the first idea what it's about XD
alchemydude90
this sig is just something i was bored with smile.gif most fangirls luv it though
Blitz
^ Okay, once again, I shall fill in for Hyo.

The pic of Ed is too light, duplicate the original layer and set to multiply, then play around with the opacity. (If you're using Photoshop) Background is quite simple, just an alchemy symbol and a blue canvas. The border is pretty bad. On the left side, you can't even see it "ending". Use a better font, there's plenty at DaFont.com.

EDIT: One more thing, SAVE FILES AS PNG!

@ Hyo - SADISTIC POWA~!!!!!! Also, I have proclaimed myself the substitute sadistic feedbacker if that's alright with you. XD

I'm becoming more and more sadistic....
alchemydude90
here two that i actually worked hard on
IPB Image

IPB Image
*~vachi~*
QUOTE(seventh_sky @ Oct 21 2006, 05:58 PM) [snapback]462889[/snapback]
IPB Image

ahh me and my random avatars. I think he's Ran from Weiss Kruz. This is what one of my friends said; I have no idea because I've never seen the show and haven't the first idea what it's about XD

You and your avatars! Looks good, actually! thought it was female at first glance though...>_o though, I would've liked like something bright into it! tongue.gif

@alchemydude90: Dude, your work is progressing, but remember to use less brightness, brightness is quite a very good factor, but over-using it doesn't look good, but more like blinding! I know you're still learning lots and so am I, but try making your own backgrounds, like with brushes and playing with all the tools and effects around and you'll see something very original and cool will come out with time!

Also, I think your signature are too big, making them a little smaller, makes them have a better look too.

Try looking at other people's work so you can match better backgrounds and renders, but not using the same colors, try making things stand out, like in the Roy signature, it's waaay too dark, though it "matches" the render, it's not suppose to be the same color. And in the Edward and Alphone signature, it really doesn't match at all, and try using different fonts, as Blitzy commented before, dafont.com has lots of them! happy.gif

Just keep working hard and keep practicing! ;P Good luck! And hope to see more of your signature here! smile.gif

@Blitzy: ohmy.gif You're quite a good substitute! Didn't know you could be that sadistic...*shivers* tongue.gif Keep the sadism up! wink.gif

Demon x
here's a new one but i have no good avatar though sigh
Blitz
QUOTE(*~vachi~* @ Oct 22 2006, 01:07 AM) [snapback]463086[/snapback]

@Blitzy: ohmy.gif You're quite a good substitute! Didn't know you could be that sadistic...*shivers* tongue.gif Keep the sadism up! wink.gif

Heh, before you know it, you'll join Hyo and I, and we can be known as the Sadistic Feedbackers of Doom~~~ laugh.gif
*~vachi~*
@demon x: I think it's pretty simple, and daaark, and...I don't even know if you can call that a signature, since it's more like a cut picture from a scan or some picture online!

QUOTE(Blitz @ Oct 22 2006, 12:31 PM) [snapback]463299[/snapback]
QUOTE(*~vachi~* @ Oct 22 2006, 01:07 AM) [snapback]463086[/snapback]

Heh, before you know it, you'll join Hyo and I, and we can be known as the Sadistic Feedbackers of Doom~~~ laugh.gif

ohmy.gif That would be rather...sadistic... wink.gif I still have to learn your ways cool.gif

alchemydude90
here is the latest sig that i made, its smaller and i tried making my own background smile.gif
hope u like
IPB Image
*~vachi~*
QUOTE(alchemydude90 @ Oct 22 2006, 01:42 PM) [snapback]463341[/snapback]
here is the latest sig that i made, its smaller and i tried making my own background smile.gif
hope u like
IPB Image

ohmy.gif I like this one better than the last few, but why is the render so darn shiny? it's too bright for the background! Cause it looks weird when the render is so bright, cause tit just makes the background rather dull and boring! Also, you could put the layer of the render before the background one, so it doesn't look like the background is in the render. tongue.gif Keep it up, you're improving!

MasterKris
QUOTE(alchemydude90 @ Oct 22 2006, 12:42 PM) [snapback]463341[/snapback]

hope u like
IPB Image

Like Vachi said, the image is way too bright. It's hurting my eyes. How are you gonna pay for my eye sight? Credit cards? Also, no border and the back ground is dull and the fonts are huge. Also, it seems that the sig is kinda pixely. But the blending of Ed and the background was nice. But a little too much to show up and disturb a bit of Ed's left side and making it way too dark on his right side.
seventh_sky
IPB Image

Request for a friend...I tried very hard, but it wouldn't listen!!!
Keoni

IPB Image

I Like this one a lot better than your pervious ones (This one doesn't burn my eyes biggrin.gif)
However, I think you changed the layermode of Ed into lighten.. (just guessing) Don't. Now I can see the BG through his arms, which looks a bit weird. You'd have a nicer result with a gradient, or maybe just add a drop-shadow?

QUOTE(seventh_sky @ Oct 22 2006, 05:58 PM) [snapback]463651[/snapback]

IPB Image

Oh! Blocks and stars! biggrin.gif Me likes. Is that a face in the background? Cool!
I would do something about the group picture in the upper right corner though. It doesn't seem to match the rest of it..

My turn, my stoopid manga-bases avatars need feedback dry.gif
IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
*~vachi~*
QUOTE(seventh_sky @ Oct 22 2006, 06:58 PM) [snapback]463651[/snapback]
IPB Image

Request for a friend...I tried very hard, but it wouldn't listen!!!

I would have to agree with Keoni, about the group picture...it really doens't match, and looks rather pixely too, I actually think it's really good! And...please tell me again how to do the box thingyyyy!! *teary eyes*

QUOTE(Keoni @ Oct 23 2006, 11:07 AM) [snapback]463939[/snapback]

ohmy.gif Never stupid! I love manga based avatars better than anime ones! laugh.gif I like the first one the best! It just looks so goooood!!

About the second one, I find it a little pixely...maybe something wrong with my eyes, or I don't know, but the idea is great! tongue.gif And perhaps a thin black border would reaaally make it look even better cool.gif

About the last one, I guess I see pixely render again >_< And I think you should try putting the lettering better, since you can barely see the "p", I would say a little brightness on the Winry one would do great too, but that's just me! laugh.gif Great avatars really! happy.gif

Keoni
Thanks for the feedback *~vachi~*! *takes notes* I'll try that!
About the boxthingy's, I don't know if you use photoshop, but if you do, here's how I do boxes:
- Select a part of your graphic you want to be a boxy-thing.
- copy and paste it into a new document.
- Create a new layer.
- Select the new layer. (I always use the Ctrl+A)
- Go to Edit and select Stroke
- Choose a color and set width to 1 px, Location Center (leave the rest as it is) and confirm
- Now press Ctrl+E to merge the layers
- Copy and paste it back into your original graphic
Tadaa box thingy. laugh.gif now you can repeat the process untill you are satisfided. Then just delete the original layer and you're all set. happy.gif
*~vachi~*
QUOTE(Keoni @ Oct 23 2006, 03:59 PM) [snapback]464069[/snapback]
Thanks for the feedback *~vachi~*! *takes notes* I'll try that!
About the boxthingy's, I don't know if you use photoshop, but if you do, here's how I do boxes:
- Select a part of your graphic you want to be a boxy-thing.
- copy and paste it into a new document.
- Create a new layer.
- Select the new layer. (I always use the Ctrl+A)
- Go to Edit and select Stroke
- Choose a color and set width to 1 px, Location Center (leave the rest as it is) and confirm
- Now press Ctrl+E to merge the layers
- Copy and paste it back into your original graphic
Tadaa box thingy. laugh.gif now you can repeat the process untill you are satisfided. Then just delete the original layer and you're all set. happy.gif

Ah! Thank you so much! Yes, I use Photoshop too, thank you very much Keoni! tongue.gif

seventh_sky
Thanks, Keoni for explaining it, cause I'm not quite sure how the process works in Photoshop >_> And the pictures were supplied, so I couldn't really do anything about them XD
Keoni
You're both very welcome happy.gif (oh my god, I explained something! And it made sense! *is shocked* XDD )

@ seventh_sky: I see. *laughs* Well then, I'll scratch my unmatching pic comment and stand by the statement that I like it a lot biggrin.gif
seventh_sky
Oh since I think I forgot to ask this here before, what's everyone think about my Circle of Friends banner? The dark part above his head is his helmet's edge, that's why it looks weird, it's not a pic cut-off XD

I have almost every Zechs picture in existence...I love using him in banners
Keoni
Sparkly, clear, pretty, Zechs.. I love it biggrin.gif And the pic matches the rest perfectly. Great job!
What's this Circle of Friends thing btw? I've seen more and more banners of that lately *is curious beyond believe* happy.gif
seventh_sky
It's some member team thing Zarpia started up, I'm not sure the point of it, but we get to choose colors and claim an anime character to use in our banners XD
Keoni
*laughs* Alright.. And ofcourse you claimed Zechs XD

I made this siggy because I wanted to do a Kakashi one (fangirl.. rolleyes.gif) but I dunno...
IPB Image
seventh_sky
Of course, I'm only like the biggest Zechs fangirl in the world XD

and I like your Kakashi sig! The 'icy' feel to it is great, but you might want to make the render of him a little more...teal-colored? hmm...Naw, I like it this way XD It's pretty!
Jato
Mine is one I made very fast and I'm working on a better one...
*~vachi~*
@Keoni: I think it looks good, though I think it's pixely/grainy...or my eyes are like blah today...o.O And there is something about the lettering effect that bothers me, but I guess I just dislike that effect...>_o lol, but it's reaaaally good! biggrin.gif

@Seventh: =O I like it very much, your banner is really good looking and the colors are very nice too! tongue.gif

@Jato: Aw, I'm sorry to say this, but I think it's way too plain and simple, though, with some practice you'll do amazing graphics! Can't wait to see the siggy you're making! smile.gif

Oh! I would like to have some feedback on my horrible banner too! Thanks!

MasterKris
I'll do it!

SADISTIC POWA! O_O

Sig: First, I would say it's not your best work. sleep.gif
It's really plain and overall, not very eye appealing and interesting. It gives off a dull feeling and and the fonts are not very fitting... I think you should make it lower case instead.

Banner: It's good but... the figure at the left is too... pixely? And kinda rough. The fonts are good but the all caps are kinda... making it look weird. Overall, it's really nice but not the best.
*~vachi~*
laugh.gif Thankies! =3 I know, I just reaaally thought I had to use the color you had chosen on your signature, nothing else came to my mind but that! xD I'll try making something more eye catching though laugh.gif Thanks thanks Hyo!
Keoni
oh my god! I just started using Firefox and I'm seeing everything quite differently! laugh.gif Like your banner *~vachi~* I never knew the background was see-through XD Anyway, I like the text, but the image seems a bit "fuzzy" smile.gif

Thanks for the feedback on my siggy biggrin.gif How this?
IPB Image
seventh_sky
I <3 Vachi's banner. Looks very artsy XD

@Keoni: I liked the first version better >_> But that's just me XD

IPB Image

^ made for a SOTW entry on the theme of "best couple" or thereabouts...

The one on the left is a girl, right is a guy. They're Shuro and Kei from Ayashi no Ceres, if anyone wants to know.

In case you want to see how much I changed, the original scan can be seen here.

My first time doing a sig like this...gimme feedback, please!
*~vachi~*
QUOTE(Keoni @ Oct 24 2006, 04:10 PM) [snapback]464678[/snapback]
oh my god! I just started using Firefox and I'm seeing everything quite differently! laugh.gif Like your banner *~vachi~* I never knew the background was see-through XD Anyway, I like the text, but the image seems a bit "fuzzy" smile.gif

Thanks for the feedback on my siggy biggrin.gif How this?
IPB Image

I don't know what happened with the fuzzy-ness!! It was ALRIGHT befooore...>< PSH!

About your siggy, I like it SO MUCH better now, but...still font kills my brain, and...the renders quality suddenly POOF! dropped badly, I dunno why >< Though I like it, but not enough as I should v_v

tongue.gif

QUOTE(seventh_sky @ Oct 24 2006, 07:16 PM) [snapback]464840[/snapback]
I <3 Vachi's banner. Looks very artsy XD

@Keoni: I liked the first version better >_> But that's just me XD

IPB Image

Why, thank you very much! smile.gif

Now now, your siggy..looks so good for scans! But the blending kills my brain a little...>_o I don't know why I'm being so picky this days...>< but there is something about the blending and background that isn't good enough for you, seventh! I would say it's good...but it isn't as good as it should be!! It's...acceptable! smile.gif Keep it up though, scans are hard to do well! cool.gif

Demon x
vachi:colorless but valueba
alchemydude90

hope u like
IPB Image

i made some slight improvements smile.gif
IPB Image
Packy
@alchemydude90: It looks better then before, but like Vachi and MasterK said before, bring the render out from the background. With the render behind the BG, it looks kinda... icky? Also, a border would help too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.