Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Test Your Sigs Here!
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fanworks
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32
MasterKris
Yeah! That's what I was talking about! laugh.gif
It looks better now! Very elegant. ^^
Blitz
Errr.... I just finished making this sig and I wanted feedback.

IPB Image
Chibi-Usa
It looks great! Man I gotta learn how to make a sig...
*~vachi~*
QUOTE(MasterKris @ Jul 29 2006, 09:43 AM) [snapback]427011[/snapback]
Yeah! That's what I was talking about! laugh.gif
It looks better now! Very elegant. ^^

Woooh!! yay!! Yeah, it does look better! Thank you so much Hyo! tongue.gif

-->Blitz, I like your style, thatīs a very good quality signature! Keep it up!

But perhaps itīs just me, but I think the character would look better if it was a little darker, but just the character xD Just a thought that cross my mind! cool.gif tongue.gif

MasterKris
QUOTE(Blitz @ Jul 29 2006, 01:57 PM) [snapback]427146[/snapback]

Errr.... I just finished making this sig and I wanted feedback.

IPB Image

D.GRAY-MAN!!!!!!!! ALLEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wub.gif

IT'S AWESOME! You're so skilled! I luv how you used the target patterns around! It symbolizes D.Gray so pefectly! A 10/10!!!!
*~vachi~*
I made this one a while ago, and I would like to see if there is anything wrong, Iīm sure there is a lot of things, and I would like to improve more and more!! Iīve been posting too much here I wasnīt sure about what to write on it, so, if you have any suggestions, it would be awesome too, so if the letteiring doesnīt make sense to you,you know why it is! xD

Here it is:
IPB Image
Blitz
Aw, I feel loved.... I made another one in the same style featuring Ashe from FFXII but I can't upload it since I'm using the laptop....

Vachi - I like! The background fits with Dark and I like the outerglow you put on the words.
*~vachi~*
tongue.gif Yay! Thank you very much Blitz, oh, and I canīt wait to see the other signature you made! smile.gif
Packy
Okay blink.gif I spent about an hour or 2 trying to figure everything out and all, but after enough patience with Photoshop I finally made something more advanced then I ever made before in my opinion!

IPB Image
MasterKris
^Dude, from what I seen with your sigs, I think you don't use the space in the siggy well enough. You show most of your background which dulls up the siggy and the guy at the right should be brought out more if you want him to be your main theme in your siggy. The guy is too much covered by the background so he doesn't stick out much. The font is kinda.... way sticking out so when a person first sees that siggy, he'll first see the letters, not the picture. Nice border, but I'll say that you are showing too much background. Cover it.
*~vachi~*
QUOTE(Pack Lackey @ Aug 2 2006, 07:30 AM) [snapback]428332[/snapback]
Okay blink.gif I spent about an hour or 2 trying to figure everything out and all, but after enough patience with Photoshop I finally made something more advanced then I ever made before in my opinion!

IPB Image

I like the background, but I have to agree with Hyo, itīs too much of a background and the picture of the character canīt be seen very well. The font you used doesnīt matches the signature at all, at least in my opinion, but Iīm sure youīll get better with practice! Also, I think itīs kind of empty, even if the background looks very good.

Just try looking around for different tutorials and look at other peopleīs work, it helps you a lot to have an idea of whatīs pretty and cool, and whatīs not. happy.gif I hope I can see more of your work soon, cause I can tell if you try harder youīll make awesome graphics. tongue.gif Oh, I almost forgot to say I like the border very much, keep it up! smile.gif

Packy
This one I used the same design tutorial, only I made it smaller then the FF one, and a diffrent render laugh.gif IPB Image

I have a feeling in my gut that somethings missing big-time, but I cant put my finger on it dry.gif
alchemist x
well, mabey you should try to fill your siggy with some text writing

and it looks way off balance, plus the solide purple on the top left corner, dry.gif

but i have no room to speak,
for I suck at siggy making

se?
IPB Image
Packy
Whoopsies laugh.gif I'll fix the purple thing tomarrow... Purple was the only color I could really think of for Ruouni Kenshin at the time...

@ your siggy nows; I cant even get a picture in the background to blend very well... The best blending I can get is in the siggy I have right now... *points to the Krausers*
*~vachi~*
QUOTE(Pack Lackey @ Aug 2 2006, 11:44 PM) [snapback]428575[/snapback]
This one I used the same design tutorial, only I made it smaller then the FF one, and a diffrent render laugh.gif IPB Image

I have a feeling in my gut that somethings missing big-time, but I cant put my finger on it dry.gif

Well, I think you need to have some lettering on your signatures. And yeah, you should fix the really purple-ish left top corner. I think you are really good at making the backgrounds, but Iīm sorry to say that sometimes they are a little bit too much. You can always center the image or something. A bigger image would help as well. I think this particular signature is kind of too bright for Ruroken, but it must be because I think the signature colors donīt match with Kenshin. Well, just trying to help here. All in all, itīs nice, but something is missing, and maybe a little lettering would make it look better. Try using less bright colors, blending too much and stuff can over make the signature. Well, just keep trying! =DD I know you can do more awesome graphics. tongue.gif

QUOTE(Alchey X @ Aug 3 2006, 12:33 AM) [snapback]428581[/snapback]
well, mabey you should try to fill your siggy with some text writing
and it looks way off balance, plus the solide purple on the top left corner, dry.gif
but i have no room to speak,
for I suck at siggy making

se?
IPB Image

I already told you what I thought about this siggy! =DD

laugh.gif

MasterKris
Just made a brief one here out of my fav character, Shiro-chan. laugh.gif

IPB Image
*~vachi~*
QUOTE(MasterKris @ Aug 5 2006, 04:22 PM) [snapback]429373[/snapback]
Just made a brief one here out of my fav character, Shiro-chan. laugh.gif

IPB Image

Aww, Iīm sorry to say this, but I think itīs not really something I like much. Though I like the picture and the little detail you made in the borders and I love your fonts, I have to say this isnīt one of your best works! sad.gif Maybe some brush, light effects might make it look better. smile.gif Where are the fairies siggies!?

Ichigo no Aku
QUOTE(xrninja @ Jan 22 2005, 12:07 PM)
is anyone going to attempt anything more ambitious than text on offical art/someone's fanart you nicked and cropped?
[snapback]94309[/snapback]

Well I think that some of that "unambitious" editing of art can be quite spectacular (and much more so than my sig here) and time-consuming. *looks above for evidence* ...uh yea

But anyways, here is one of my favorite scenes from Erementar Gerad recreated from scratch (don't steal, it took me forever @_@):
Packy
^Its cute! Though it could've had maybe a cloudy background or somethin'... Y'know, like she was on cloud 9? Meh. Who am I to judge siggies happy.gif
MasterKris
@Ichigo no Aku - Pretty nice animation siggy. In fact, Ren is one of my most fav female characters! tongue.gif

EDIT: I fixed my Shiro-chan siggy as *~vachi~* suggested, but I'm not very good at using brushes around like this in my siggy so it's bad. sad.gif

IPB Image
Packy
Aw, dont be so hard on yourself ~MasterKris~. You'll get better with the brushes ^^ Though for some reason to me the brushes dont really match with the picture. Keep practicing with the brushes and you'll get better at it!
MasterKris
^Thanks Pack Lackey! ^^

I'm on a ROW with Black Cat sigs! I made so many and I'm still on it~!! They're all turning out so well, I'm happy!! biggrin.gif
Here's one I made. For some reason, it reminds me of Kingdom Hearts... <<

IPB Image
*~vachi~*
=O Hyo, I HATE YOU!! I love the second one, though, maybe you could crop a little the image, so it looks smaller and smexier elegant. But I like it a lot!

About the Shiro-chan signature, it looks weird...o.O But it looks a little better, in my opinion the one with the brush effect ish better. tongue.gif Keep them coming! smile.gif
MasterKris
^Got it. laugh.gif

Here's my second one! I made this siggy really simple and neat, and it turned out well for me. (crap, forgot to make a border... <<)

IPB Image
Packy
Oooh, I like it. Though maybe you could do something about the yellow lines in the lower right hand corner? Either way, keep it up!

IPB Image Heres one I was fooling around with the feather tool in photoshop with and a friend over AIM suggested I make a Sephiroth one, so theres my first Sephy sig. I know the left pic of him looks kinda smushed together, but PDVD was being a pain >_<
*~vachi~*
QUOTE(MasterKris @ Aug 8 2006, 06:22 AM) [snapback]430174[/snapback]
^Got it. laugh.gif

Here's my second one! I made this siggy really simple and neat, and it turned out well for me. (crap, forgot to make a border... <<)

IPB Image

Itīs simple and neat, and I like it...but somehow, the colors bother me...well anyway! I want a border! xD But Hyo, I just noticed your signatures are quite very big, well maybe if you make them a little smaller, they would abolutly look even better!! tongue.gif cool.gif

MasterKris
^The colors bother you?? laugh.gif
Yeah, for some reason I save them at 500 x 300 but they turn out big... I wonder why?

QUOTE(Pack Lackey @ Aug 8 2006, 04:17 PM) [snapback]430360[/snapback]

Oooh, I like it. Though maybe you could do something about the yellow lines in the lower right hand corner? Either way, keep it up!

I made those yellow lines on purpose. tongue.gif
*~vachi~*
QUOTE(MasterKris @ Aug 8 2006, 06:50 PM) [snapback]430415[/snapback]
^The colors bother you?? laugh.gif
Yeah, for some reason I save them at 500 x 300 but they turn out big... I wonder why?

I just dislike the combination of black and yellow! x_X and...I donīt know why!

MasterKris
^laugh.gif So you don't like bees either??

QUOTE(Pack Lackey @ Aug 8 2006, 04:17 PM) [snapback]430360[/snapback]

IPB Image Heres one I was fooling around with the feather tool in photoshop with and a friend over AIM suggested I make a Sephiroth one, so theres my first Sephy sig. I know the left pic of him looks kinda smushed together, but PDVD was being a pain >_<

Umm... let see, you still have the problem of leaving too much space behind.. ^^;;
Make the width smaller next time so you don't have leftover space. You should try using different borders cause I noticed you use the same ones over again and the fonts don't match and it's kinda not fitting with the siggy. Contrast your Sephiroth pictures more next time before you blend them together and bring out the right picture more so it sticks out like you want it too. That's enough of my rambling.
*~vachi~*
But I love the rambling!! *teary teary* xD

QUOTE(Pack Lackey @ Aug 8 2006, 05:17 PM) [snapback]430360[/snapback]

You should try playing with fonts more often who am I to say that!? WHO!!! so, they will match better and make your signature amazing! You can look for tutorials for different borders and stuff! Your background are really good...but you have to make it more matching with the character you are using! Plus play with less brilliant colors, sometimes, too flashy is...not very good! xD I would like to see more of your work, donīt you DARE to give up, did you hear me!! laugh.gif

QUOTE(MasterKris @ Aug 8 2006, 07:43 PM) [snapback]430437[/snapback]
^ laugh.gif So you don't like bees either??

Well...bees arenīt my friends either way
Packy
QUOTE(*~vachi~* @ Aug 8 2006, 11:15 PM) [snapback]430497[/snapback]

donīt you DARE to give up, did you hear me!! laugh.gif

laugh.gif I hear ya, Vachi! I'll keep trying ^^
MasterKris
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I FINISHED! I FINALLY FINISHED IT!!
This one took a h*ll of a long time to make... *sleepy & tired*
I made the background all by myself and I downloaded bunch of brushes for this siggy. Now finally I can wash up and sleep. *leaves*

EDIT: CRAP! I was suppose to type A Midsummer Night's Dream instead of, A Midnight Summer's Dream! *teary*

IPB Image
Blitz
^ I like! The outline of the poloroid looks a little grainy, though. Also, the background came out really nice!

I know this is a sig thread but I took my first stab at iPod icons so please tell me what you think!

IPB Image
Colonel_Sarcasm
simple, kinda blurry, but its my sig and I like it!
Popogeejo
QUOTE(Blitz @ Aug 11 2006, 01:22 AM) [snapback]430975[/snapback]

^ I like! The outline of the poloroid looks a little grainy, though. Also, the background came out really nice!

I know this is a sig thread but I took my first stab at iPod icons so please tell me what you think!

IPB Image

Shouldn't that be "iNovate" or "iInovate" or is iInvocate some new word?
Blitz
Colonel Sarcasam - I think your sig could use a border and the picture of Mustang seems to be pixely. Also, the text would be much easier on the eyes if you added an outer glow or maybe add the stroke style to it.

Popo - Invocate means : A prayer or other formula used in invoking, as at the opening of a religious service. Taken from Dictionary.com
MasterKris
QUOTE(Blitz @ Aug 10 2006, 05:22 PM) [snapback]430975[/snapback]

IPB Image

Yeah, it's my first time doing a poloroid siggy. >_<
Thanks though! (the background wasn't easy xD)

OMG!! An Allen ipod avvy~!! wub.gif
It's really good, I think you should post that at the D.Gray lj. tongue.gif
(though I think it's contrasted too much...)
Blitz
^ Thanks for the feedback. I was a little confused since it was my first one. I'll make a few more and see how they turn out. *goes to find pics of Linalee and Kanda*
MasterKris
^You better post those Rinali & Kanda ones right after you make them. biggrin.gif
*~vachi~*
QUOTE(MasterKris @ Aug 9 2006, 08:07 PM) [snapback]430742[/snapback]
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I FINISHED! I FINALLY FINISHED IT!!
This one took a h*ll of a long time to make... *sleepy & tired*
I made the background all by myself and I downloaded bunch of brushes for this siggy. Now finally I can wash up and sleep. *leaves*

EDIT: CRAP! I was suppose to type A Midsummer Night's Dream instead of, A Midnight Summer's Dream! *teary*

IPB Image

As I promised! Iīm going to give you my "wise" crappy feedback xD

I absolutly love your fonts and the background is really beautifully detailed and elegant! But...Iīm afraid the characterīs picture looks a little weird. Like...you made it smaller or something so, it doesnīt looks like...it should, but I love the background...I DONīT CARE ABOUT THE PICTURE!! XDDD

I would like to see moooooore!! *Hyoīs siggies thirst* laugh.gif

ed_drink_your_milk
IPB Image
I know that this is really bad (only my third one), but since this is the place to test it, I thought I'd put it up anyway. please, i need all the criticism i can get!!!! also, where should I put the words? (because I couldn't decide so I sort of just left them there! tongue.gif )
*~vachi~*
QUOTE(ed_drink_your_milk @ Aug 11 2006, 02:41 PM) [snapback]431416[/snapback]
IPB Image
I know that this is really bad (only my third one), but since this is the place to test it, I thought I'd put it up anyway. please, i need all the criticism i can get!!!! also, where should I put the words? (because I couldn't decide so I sort of just left them there! tongue.gif )

Well, the place were you decide to put the lettering is, quite your personal taste! With time it will be easier, I personally think the border is a little bit too thick, maybe a thin border would make it look better! =D If you want to know more about the letterings, you can take a look at other peopleīs graphics, sometimes this helps you a lot! tongue.gif I hope I can see more of your work, you have a lot of potencial!! smile.gif Just keep trying!

MasterKris
QUOTE(*~vachi~* @ Aug 11 2006, 01:17 PM) [snapback]431406[/snapback]

As I promised! Iīm going to give you my "wise" crappy feedback xD

I absolutly love your fonts and the background is really beautifully detailed and elegant! But...Iīm afraid the characterīs picture looks a little weird. Like...you made it smaller or something so, it doesnīt looks like...it should, but I love the background...I DONīT CARE ABOUT THE PICTURE!! XDDD

I would like to see moooooore!! *Hyoīs siggies thirst* laugh.gif

Yeah, the picture didn't turn out so well. happy.gif
It was very high resolutions from the beginning and it is my first time doing in this kind of style. tongue.gif

@ed_drink_your_milk - Hi, I'm MasterKris and I'm very sadistic about siggy feedbacks. Hope this helps. ^^
First of all, your font style sucks. Try not to use styles that makes the fonts look 3-D or make it bulge out because most of the time, it'll make the sig look crappy. When applying styles, shadow drop, outerglow, or stroke is the the best choices you can have. Also, download bunch of fonts from this site and use any font you think it fits with the sig.
Second, learn to contrast. It'll make any sig look fine quality and you'll use it a lot than you expect. (but don't contrast it too much)
Third: like *~vachi~* said, make the border thinner. It'll look better.
Fourth, go to book stores or the internet and look at tutorials. They'll be a major help to photoshopping and it'll better your skills.
*~vachi~*
You are so sadistic! laugh.gif

Well, I made this for a friend, thatīs why itīs sign Takiri, but I would like to have some feedback! Thank you! =DD

IPB Image

Yeah! Itīs...Winnie The Pooh! laugh.gif

Blitz
^ Pooh! Um, here's my thoughts on it. I really, REALLY don't like the font. It's a little too flourishy and kinda hard to read, also, the layer style for the text is a bit out of place in my eyes.... The layout is nice but nothing like "WHOA"! Overall, I like it but I think you could do better..... I'm not exactly in the right place to say this since I suck at sig making
*~vachi~*
QUOTE(Blitz @ Aug 11 2006, 07:24 PM) [snapback]431535[/snapback]
^ Pooh! Um, here's my thoughts on it. I really, REALLY don't like the font. It's a little too flourishy and kinda hard to read, also, the layer style for the text is a bit out of place in my eyes.... The layout is nice but nothing like "WHOA"! Overall, I like it but I think you could do better..... I'm not exactly in the right place to say this since I suck at sig making

Nooo, itīs alright! This one hasnīt been(uh?) the best work I have done, itīs pretty simple, and...I have no idea about the layer style, I donīt know what happened with it xDD Shoot me!! Iīll try better, for suuure! =DD Thank you for your feedback Blitz! But I think you are an awesome siggy maker!

MasterKris
Not feeling well, been peeling potatoes all day. Just briefly did a siggy. Not really proud of it, but eh.

IPB Image
*~vachi~*
QUOTE(MasterKris @ Aug 12 2006, 01:49 PM) [snapback]431860[/snapback]
Not feeling well, been peeling potatoes all day. Just briefly did a siggy. Not really proud of it, but eh.

IPB Image

Hikaru!!!! =OOO But...kind of plain! ;__; Peeling potatoes doesnīt help Hyo!! *teary* But I like the border!! did the picture had the butterfly already? unsure.gif Anyway, I like the dots and the leaves you put on it! Nice brush effect! =DD
MasterKris
QUOTE(*~vachi~* @ Aug 12 2006, 01:25 PM) [snapback]431870[/snapback]

Hikaru!!!! =OOO But...kind of plain! ;__; Peeling potatoes doesnīt help Hyo!! *teary* But I like the border!! did the picture had the butterfly already? unsure.gif Anyway, I like the dots and the leaves you put on it! Nice brush effect! =DD

Thanks *~vachi~*. ^^
No, I put in the butterfly using a brush. Yeah, it's kinda of plain... but oh well.
*~vachi~*
QUOTE(MasterKris @ Aug 12 2006, 02:32 PM) [snapback]431872[/snapback]
QUOTE(*~vachi~* @ Aug 12 2006, 01:25 PM) [snapback]431870[/snapback]

Thanks *~vachi~*. ^^
No, I put in the butterfly using a brush. Yeah, it's kinda of plain... but oh well.

Yeah, but itīs not bad, just pretty darn plain. laugh.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.