Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Test Your Sigs Here!
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fanworks
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32
Precis
This one feels sorta unfinished to me. But I don't want to change it for fear of royally screwing it up D:

...Oh, four versions X_X
Kal Rommel
I agree about the unfinished part, Precis. But I just can't think of what you could do to bring it to completion ><;

As for me...well, after I requested my Cooro sig from Precis, I decided to make my own.
I almost went in the same color direction as she did, then it went ORANGE ><;
So...here is the result:
seventh_sky
I am so jealous of Precis. *steals pen tool skillz*

@Kal: that's cute =D

Yay for another MSN bg, this time of Luna from GSD =D
Precis
QUOTE(Kal Rommel @ Sep 1 2007, 07:45 AM) *
As for me...well, after I requested my Cooro sig from Precis, I decided to make my own.
I almost went in the same color direction as she did, then it went ORANGE ><;
So...here is the result:

Yours is a gajillion times better than mine tongue.gif Love the colours, nice and bright XD
You could try moving the text closer to the stock though... it looks odd sitting in the corner by itself wink.gif

[EDIT] Holy nosewarmers, I thought I got rid of all my old PSDs X_X
Apparently not, lookee what I dug up XD

Kal Rommel
QUOTE(Precis @ Sep 3 2007, 03:38 AM) *
Yours is a gajillion times better than mine tongue.gif Love the colours, nice and bright XD
You could try moving the text closer to the stock though... it looks odd sitting in the corner by itself wink.gif

[EDIT] Holy nosewarmers, I thought I got rid of all my old PSDs X_X
Apparently not, lookee what I dug up XD

Thanks...you're right oO; I never think of those things @_@

And to your nosewarming PSDs, I LOVE that Ed sig. Great use of yo' mad pen tool skillz.
-wishes she could steal them-
Beautiful work, as always <3
seventh_sky
my sig skills seem to have died. I think Precis ate them >_>

But yay. New avi.
Packy
New avatar made from the omake from Bleach 139 (was a rush job and I have no idea how imageready works so i'm hoping its okay)

Signature-wise, I think i'm starting to die out. I'm hoping it'll pick back up within a few days or weeks when school starts kicking me back into gear, but I was looking up tutorials on grunge/abstracts and I came across one I liked. This is my result, most likely not the best thing in the world but i'm happy with it.

Normal

Desurated Render
Precis
QUOTE(seventh_sky @ Sep 6 2007, 11:32 AM) *
my sig skills seem to have died. I think Precis ate them >_>

*burp*

...Sorry XD

Sooo, I went digging again and unearthed this unfinished whatever-it-is.

And finished it... or tried to. But I think I killed it T_T

seventh_sky
^ *steals*

actually, I like the text on the first one quite a lot =O
Kal Rommel
QUOTE(seventh_sky @ Sep 6 2007, 06:40 PM) *
^ *steals*

actually, I like the text on the first one quite a lot =O

As do I . The text is what got me. I like the Pride/Ed effect in the other ones, though. Creative.
-pines for teh pen tool skillz-

The thing I liked about the first one were the squiggles and accents around the text. I think that contrast in the color pulled off the sig.

In the other ones I like the alternating white and gold circles. Very cool.
Precis
Thank j00 guys *huggles* X3

Well, I managed to spew out half of something else. It's not finished yet, but I'm stuck and dunno what to do next D:

And because the text sucks, here it is without it.

Just practicing teh smudging :3
Packy
This is probably the most i've ever done on something like this, but out of the two I tried I prefered this one overall... I'd post the other, but I accidently forgot to save it before I shut photoshop down >_<

Nekokitty
O HAY GUYZ, Longtime no see. 8D
*coughs*

A quick sig done in GIMP. I haven't done one in a while. Whadday think?
Packy
^Looks pretty good imo. The only thing I can really point out due to my critic-abilties being crap is that the text is kinda hard to read, plus a border wouldn't hurt! ^^;
Kal Rommel

The first thing I've spewed out in nearly two weeks @_@ With school starting I just haven't had the drive.
And obviously I'm out of practice, because the sig is like...terrible.
But I had that render lying around, so I figured what the heck, I'd get some practice in ><;
Blitz
^ I like the color scheme and the abstract looking shapes in the background. Not bad for something spewed out in two weeks. I haven't made anything since my Persona 3 sig. >_>;; Hopefully I'll have some time soon.

This is an old one and some people might've seen this. Same render as Kal's.

I think I made this like a year ago. XD
Kal Rommel
^-gasps-
......-sob- A year ago...that's so awesome...My poor sig is put to shame....oh well. Great job. I love the background.

I pulled this out of nowhere...I had started this, with great intentions, then I stopped, because I got stuck. Any ideas on what to do for it?

Here's one failed attempt:
FailedxD
seventh_sky
*giggles at failed attempt*

I'd make the rest of the banner silver, make it a popout, and the silvery-grey shade would help bring out ed's eyes more...

Yay, I has a new avi. I like these avis, they're crazy. Oh, feel free to comment on my sig too ;D I didn't make it, but it is pretty cool XDDDDDDD
Packy
Wow... I realized I have absolutely NO talent what-so-ever with these vector brushes XD Though I do like the outcome of some of these o.o

That one took me about 20 minutes or so overall

And i'm torn between these options for this...

Plain:

Background-ish 1:

Background-ish 2:

I think i'm starting to get a little rusty font-wise, but i'm happy with how the blending came out :3
Precis
QUOTE(Packy)

Oh, I like this one. It's all blended together really nicely. :3

Aaand I made something. Or half of something anyway. It aint quite finished yet. XD

Twilightz
^I love your sigs, Precis. ;_;

Click to view attachment
Please comment.
seventh_sky
I like Packy's new sig =O

@Twilightz: The rendering on that picture is kinda iffy- I can still see bits of white on him =O
Twilightz
@seventh_sky - Oh, those are just outlines. Wait... There's a massive bit of white on his head! * erases it*

I've never done avis before, but here's my first shot.

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
seventh_sky
^ nice expression XD

what's the text say?

Part of my ongoing obsession with my friend's car

it's red. and shiny.
Meitantei Conan
Here is my New Sig thanks to Precis!
Kal Rommel
I haven't done anything in like...weeks.
So , after another Photoshop hiatus, this one lasting 2-3 weeks, I finally got around to spewing out a request from another board.

I actually like this one....any improvement suggestions are totally welcome.

-EDIT-
This is the remake of the sig. Same everything, just touched it up a bit.

In my opinion, it's slightly better ^^;
Packy
^Man, I really wish I could figure out backgrounds like that XD I tend to use the worst renders and I end up having to find different brushes, but they never fit with what I think it would go with...

Tried one last night from a show called 'Nu, Podogi'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qy_Ka5VKZnE

Kal Rommel
Actually, I just used a combination of brushes, that were a mix between spray paint splatters, fractals, and one other that I don't quite know how to describe ^^;
Overlays help too xD
seventh_sky
dwah, new sig.

It turned out...pretty nice, although it looks better against darker backgrounds =O
Blitz
^ New sig again? XD 'Tis nice. =3

@ Kal
- It's Aigis~ Yay for Persona 3. The render could have been extracted a bit cleaner, but otherwise, it looks very nice.
Kal Rommel
@Blitz , Gah...you're right. I really should've gone through and cloned a lot of spots. Oh well.
Thanks for the compliment, other than the terrifyingly obvious monstrous mistakes I made that are terribly noticeable.
Precis
Mucking around with new brushes...

Darker + sharper:

I dunno... is the red and yellow a bit too much? Maybe I should make those parts blue instead? huh.gif
Kal Rommel
Actually, they contrast really well. I think you should leave them. They give the sigs character and variety =D

Here are two sigs I made on request on another board. I'm happy with the outcomes happy.gif

+-=*GregZ*=-+
guess i need a sig lol...
Kal Rommel
The third sig request for that other user (Following the last two I posted) It was my first attempt at pen tool skillz, which I still need to steal from Precis.
But I'm quite happy with the way it turned out happy.gif

seventh_sky
^ not bad at all =D you make me want to try messing with the pen tool...
Kal Rommel
Thanks ^///^;

I guess it helps to have a pen tablet though O_O;
I haven't tried with a mouse yet....

But go for it! With your mad siggy skillz, I'll bet you'll have it in no time!!
Precis
^ Tablet?! ohmy.gif I wish I had a tablet... drawing with the mouse is pretty hard. >_>

So. Yeah. Request for someone on another forum...

Lulz. Splatters are the new pen tool. XD
seventh_sky
^ Omg kenshin! I love it! LOVE IT! DDD: *steals skills*
Blitz
I wanna eat Precis' pen skillz. >:D

As much as I love Persona 3, I need to make myself a new sig. XD
Precis
I've been meaning to make a new sig for myself for ages, but I haven't found a stock I like. T_T

Half finished thing:
MasterKris
^Very simple and nice! I love it!! I love the color balance and how you made your brushes and backgrounds work and the fonts are nicely done too. The right side of the sig could use more space though. So neat and great job!
Blueyedblonde
Man, I feel embarrassed posting my crap here. ;__;

Yours are so good, Precis !

This is my most recent :

The only problem I can really see thus far is.. The picture of Ed pointing his finger, I don't think I should have blurred the edges. =/
Precis
QUOTE(Blueyedblonde @ Oct 30 2007, 02:29 PM) *
The only problem I can really see thus far is.. The picture of Ed pointing his finger, I don't think I should have blurred the edges. =/

It looks pretty good to me. happy.gif But I generally try to steer clear of the Blur tool. If I want to blend something what I do is duplicate the layer and use a small circular brush, lower the strength to 60-70% and set it to scatter. Then use that to smudge it.

Also, two slight edits to that Cardcaptors one. Because I'm never happy with anything. XD

Nekokitty
HOMG, look I made a sig! ohmy.gif

Criticism? Tips? Ideas for text?
Btw, I used textures from this site.
seventh_sky
^ add text!

yay new sig! my first made in GIMP 2.4 =D
Precis
...Mel finally gets up off her lazy butt and makes something! *Final Fantasy victory fanfare plays*

I've been wanting to do an InuYasha sig for ages, but I never managed to find a nice stock until now. =/
xcamilax
clean and nice, good work, maybe is a bit simple but, it looks fine anyway.
inuyasha is cute x3 and the text goes well too biggrin.gif *is referenring to the 1st oepning right o_o?*

hm... i dont know too much about signatures, i was just playing with the PS effects... so dont be too rude, im just a rookie

seventh_sky
@Precis: I like =O

@Sombra29: pretty good for being new, although the effects are rather strong and kind of mess with the original image more than I like...but keep workin on it lol

Yay I finally got off my lazy butt and made something. Because I can use more cars on my desktop XD

and yeah, I have a matching sig/avi again too =O
LoMXD
I made only a few recently but can I get oppinions?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.