Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Test Your Sigs Here!
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fanworks
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32
Galorfilinde
Pack Lackey, that sig is awesome! I love it happy.gif The only thing I don't like is the text, maybe try another font and color? And you could try to put it diagonally ( <-- if that's a word XD), instead of placing it over the picture. There's enough space on the left.
Anyway, It's beautiful! biggrin.gif
Reno
Thanks to Nil-Chan i know how to make gaps, so i made this fast sig

I used "Evanescence" Font and MasterKris advice of changing the font style
Packy
@Galor: If I could do that, I would but unfortunatly the psd file disappeared sad.gif

@Reno: Nice! Though the only thing I see wrong is that theres no little border thing on the inside. It's simple to do, really. If you still have the psd file, open it and use the wand tool in the space, then just add a border to it ^^ Oh, and the font colors seem a little outta place, but thats just my opinion.

new one I dont know if its right for the forum, so I put a link up instead. If theres anything I should fix up, please tell! Hopefully the psd file wont go poof on me
Tombow
Hi guys/ and ladies on this thread... I don't usually post here, but I like reading your posts!!
Do you guys like to have this thread moved out of Spam Central, and moved to Fanworks forum where Sig Shop threads are located??

I just thought that if the posters on the thread would like the thread in the Fanworks forum, I can move it... (I can leave the "trace/shadow" so that people will know where it got moved to.)
Or, if you like to stay in the Spam Central, that's fine with me, too... just thought of checking with your guys. ^^
MasterKris
^That would be great!! =D
This thread is just too awesome to be in Spam Central. XD Since this is also somewhat fanworks too like fanarts and fanfics, it would be perfect to move it to fanworks. ^^

@Reno -
- Background too crazy
- The Cloud pic should be brought out more than the background since he's the main subject in the sig
- Nice job with the fonts and gaps!! =D Only thing I would say is that red and green combination don't really fit. And the letters at the left should move a bit more to the right.
- There should be borders for all squares or at least small black lines around it since it feels out of place that way.
- Cloud pic is bad quality and it's not blended well.
- Overalll, very good improvement and good job with the gaps, fonts, and pop-up!! ^^ I would strongely suggest practicing with contrast and brightness when working with pics.
Reno
QUOTE(Tombow @ Feb 27 2007, 08:56 PM) [snapback]510523[/snapback]
Hi guys/ and ladies on this thread... I don't post here, but I like reading your posts!!
Do you guys like to have this thread moved out of Spam Central, and moved to Fanworks forum where Sig Shop threads are located??

I just thought that if the posters on the thread would like the thread in the Fanworks forum, I can move it...
(I can leave the "trace/shadow" here so that people will know where it moved to.)
Or, if you like to stay in the Spam Central, that's fine with me, too... just thought of checking with your guys. ^^

That's a nice idea biggrin.gif,

QUOTE(MasterKris)
@Reno -
- Background too crazy
- The Cloud pic should be brought out more than the background since he's the main subject in the sig
- Nice job with the fonts and gaps!! =D Only thing I would say is that red and green combination don't really fit. And the letters at the left should move a bit more to the right.
- There should be borders for all squares or at least small black lines around it since it feels out of place that way.
- Cloud pic is bad quality and it's not blended well.
- Overalll, very good improvement and good job with the gaps, fonts, and pop-up!! ^^ I would strongely suggest practicing with contrast and brightness when working with pics.

Thank you, but i do this sig in 5 minutes, i will put the "evolution" soon.

Thanks again and nice idea Tombow
Tombow
Ok then, I moved this thread from Spam Central forum to Fanworks forum. ^^
(If for some reason you guys gets the second thoughts, and would like to move it back, then let me know. I can do that also. biggrin.gif )

Please keep up with your awesome "sig talks." ^^
seventh_sky
Yay. Now I don't have to dig through 3 pages of spam to find this thread!!!

new sig! I likes it XD
edsgirl
I was wondering when this thread was going to get moved. Kudos to Tommyboy. biggrin.gif

Anyways, here's some new styles I was working on. Eh, these are just prototypes and I don't really plan on keeping them, but if anyone wants them, they can have them, except for Revy, that one's for Mr. Bacon.

The name on the last one can be changed, it was for someone who ended up not wanting it.
Reno
They're very good edsgirl i like the second one and the fourth one.

Today my photoshop died, no more photoshop, no more siggies sad.gif

Nil-chan
Edsgirl, those are excellent! I absolutely love them all! Oh wow, now I'm jealous of you! Great work!

@seventh sky: It's great, like all your other stuff. happy.gif Only one thing: her face looks kind of distorted and pixelated. It's a little distracting.
seventh_sky
*wails* Poor Rey got mistaken for a girl again!

Yeah, that's a guy...XD

Mmmm I can see what you're saying about his face, but it doesn't look that bad to me XD

top is for a SOTW contest, middle is just for fun, bottom is of my favorite car <3
Nil-chan
It's a guy? ... oops. mellow.gif;;

I like these ones. The colors and renders blend really well, and the text is perty. happy.gif
Blitz
Whoa, when did this thread get moved? o_O I feel so clueless. XD Anyway, thank you Tombow for moving it!

@ Edsgirl - Amazing sigs. Love the third one and its subtle use of brushes. ^^

I haven't made a siggie since December.... Gyabo!~ I'll try to get something in this weekend....
ed_drink_your_milk
edsgirl-Those are amazing!

Sensei-happy.gif I love the second one, and the Rey one! I thought Rey was a girl too. XD
Blitz
Hey, peeps. I finally made a sig after three months.... Feedback appreciated!

It looks a little bland. ><;;
seventh_sky
It'd look so much nicer if you just made it smaller =D cut off all that white stuff on the sides XD
MasterKris
^Another awesome animated avvy you got there ay? XD

@Blitz - A nice, simplistic siggy with well used colors, designs and background! ^^ However, like sevvy said, the whole white looks bland. Overall very pretty and neat. You're really have a natural talent when it comes to using and organizing colors. happy.gif

An animation sig I did. (barnicles, it's faster than it originally was... <<)

Blitz
I'll try to make it smaller sometime in the next few days. I wanted to keep it simple since I have all the Abyss characters in the animation. Thanks for the feedback! ^^

@ Hyo
- It's nice to have our Sadistic Feedbacker again. XD
Anyway, like you mentioned, the animation's a tad too fast. How many layers did you use? I
hate having to reset the time on each frame when there's a lot of layers.... >_<;; Oh, and I think
it could use a small border, maybe a white one.
Packy
@Kris: I still cant figure out how to get animations into siggies... It's even harder to try it because I have a spanish version of photoshop laugh.gif

This one I was just goofing around with backgrounds, so its not one of my best works. Also, theres a bit of a green glow where the transparancy is supposed to be but I cant seem to get rid of it >_<
edsgirl
@Blitz: I like this one alot, but I would either crop some of the white out or just get rid of it and use it as a userbar or tag.
@Kris: Nice! But just slow down the animation. It's pretty cool though. biggrin.gif
@Packy: The render is cut off at the top of the popout. Either make the sig smaller so you have enough room for his head to stick out, or if the head was already cut off in the original picture, then use another pic. His hair being chopped off kinda ruins it.

You can talk about the one in my current siggie. I just put it there to get rid of the St. Paddy's day one.
MasterKris
^Thanks! ^^
Pretty good but the dude in the front don't really seem to fit into the picture...;;

@ Hyo - It's nice to have our Sadistic Feedbacker again. XD
Anyway, like you mentioned, the animation's a tad too fast. How many layers did you use? I
hate having to reset the time on each frame when there's a lot of layers.... >_<;; Oh, and I think
it could use a small border, maybe a white one.

It's been long!! xDD
Actually the animation was a lot slower in my files but when I uploaded onto the internet, it got faster... <<;;
There's an easier way to reset the time. There's a small, blue arrow in a light blue circle in the far right side at the top of animation window and click on it. Look for Select All Frames. After selecting all frames, you can reset them all at once. Hope that helps. ^^
Also, there's isn't a border on the animation... O_O;; (I was too lazy to make it XD)

@Pack Lackey - The animation making is actually done in the Image Ready, not in Photoshop. ^^;;
Also, your sig taught me that Grimmjow and Ulquiorra should never be in the same picture in color. They don't match AT ALL... o_0
Keoni
Wow, so this thread was moved here huh? Sweet happy.gif

@ Pack Lacey: Other than what edsgirl said, there kis some strange line on the bottom of your sig, about 20 px down from the box. I think it's due to the layer blend you used. It looks kinda odd smile.gif

No sigs today, just some avs happy.gif

Any thoughts?
seventh_sky
Wooow so many people to comment to...XD

@Kris: I just wub Kratos >_> I made a gif of every time he shows up in the TOS OVA trailer =D And that sig is so cute!!! XD

@Lackey: I like the pop-up style, tho the background is a tad chaotic...

@edsgirl: Hahahaha, owned. hehehehehe

@Keoni: Those are so pretty! Nice job!
MasterKris
^Thanks!! ^^ Also, there's gonna be a TOS OVA??? O_O
Blitz
QUOTE(MasterKris @ Mar 24 2007, 12:13 PM) [snapback]521378[/snapback]
^Thanks!! ^^ Also, there's gonna be a TOS OVA??? O_O

Yup. ^^ The first is gonna be release on June 20th. I think there's supposed to be four in all.
seventh_sky
I want to see the OVA so badly....*wails*

but till then...I made a new avatar XD

lookie!

XD

The text says "Before it's all over" on the top, and then "Shine"
Blitz
^ Is that Kratos? I have the sudden urge to play ToS.... I might as well start a new file since spring break's coming up but I still have to beat Tales of the Abyss.

The text is a little too light. Maybe you could up the opacity a little? That's my only suggestion since you make such awesome avatars. ^^
seventh_sky
ToS is awesome XD

Kratos is my fave character by far...Tho I just realize that my avatars and siggie are kind of...spoilerish.

Oopsh.

Anyway, I have a new avatar XD I tried to make the text on this one more readable >_>

and you can see a wallpaper I made too =D (artist unknown, sorry =( )

Nekokitty
Erm, I made a sig in GIMP.

Is there anything I can do to improve in sig making?
Criticism & tips are fine. smile.gif

And yeah, my current signature was made by me too.....
Zarpia
All I can say is that is to clear, maybe a little bit more color will be better, but non the less, i like it.

I made this banner for sela:

Thos is not a sig XD
Reno
Pretty good Zarpia

Nekokitty I like the siggie, i wanna GIMP ^___^
Elise Elric
Nekokitty Good job. That came out very well. happy.gif
seventh_sky

The random avatar maker strikes again...If I do manage to make a sig, I'll just edit this post...
GraySource
Wow! Nice sigs! Really like to see more from you guys.
seventh_sky
Meh.

Request from another forum...

miracle_flame_alchemist147
Please tell me if this sig I made is fine!! happy.gif It's the first one I made in Photoshop after my friend taught me how!! happy.gif

Please tell me how I can improve it!! happy.gif Any kind of comments are fine!! happy.gif
seventh_sky
^ pretty good for your first sig =D

try using some brushes other than the default ones tho XD

You can find them on DeviantArt and such...

EDIT: Whoopee, new sig. Check it out.
miracle_flame_alchemist147
Thanks for the advice!! happy.gif Greatly appreciated!! happy.gif But how do I get other brushes..?
ed_drink_your_milk
Heh, you'll have to talk to sensei about brushes. (I just fudge it with mine and make my own. XD)

BUT, I have some additionally advice for you.

1) Add a border.
2) Use a different font, this one doesn't really fit with the rest of the sig.
3) Try putting some sort of effect on the words, they're a little unnoticable.
4) Try adding more to the backgroudn to make the pistuer pop more instead of having all the focus on the leaves in the front. If you tone down the effects in front and add more the back, it will look better overall and the picture will be the main focus.

Well, I hope that helped some. happy.gif
Nekokitty
^ Thanks, that helped me as well. ^^
Another sig by me.

I feel that this one's better than the previous one I posted here.
Reno
I made this one yesterday

The text is strange, so maybe will be difficult to read

And this one is only to test the background XD

ed_drink_your_milk
Nekokitty-happy.gif I agree, this one is nice. But, as always, I have a few suggestions.

1) Take out the fading in white border, it's not really necessary and it makes the sig look a bit messy.
2) Some sigs look good sort of fuzzy and faded, but this would be SO much better if it were sharp and clear.
3) Great background, but I wouldn't make it so grainy, it would be great sharp.

Reno-They're both great and I only really see two noticable things.
1) There seems to be an out of place, very pixley shape down at the bottom of the second one.
2) For the white spaces in the second, if you're going to do them, great, but don't put a border on top of the whole thing. Put a border around each section individually instead.
seventh_sky
^ just follow what she said =D

*is lazy*

but yeah...brushes...

I totally don't remember how to put in new ones on Photoshop. Uh.

You can download them here. And...since I don't know how to put them in, some of the nice people who make brushes can tell you, or you can try Googling it?

Reno
Milky Thanks, i think that the Aang sig is very crappy, i exchanged the order of all the things, (first gaps, border, text, blablablabal YES BAL) the next sig with gaps will be in order XD
Zexion
The first sig I ever made, I used Gimp for this. I use to be proud of it, but it looks... Meh... unsure.gif
seventh_sky
Hey that's actually pretty good for a first sig XD

make your text clearer, tho, it's kinda fuzzy...and work on making more complicated backgrounds as you get more comfortable with the software =D
Popogeejo
and work on making more complicated backgrounds as you get more comfortable with the software =D

Complex doesn't mean anything. If used right a blank/simple background can be very nice. smile.gif
seventh_sky
but plain white is so boring sometimes =D

just spice it up occasionally XD
PaperGhost
I'm having a hard time desiding between two pictures that I made for my siggy.

The blue on is already in my siggy.

and heres the other one.

Which to just make things easy can be called the purple one.

I like them both and worked really hard, so I would like honest opinions please.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.