Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Test Your Sigs Here!
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fanworks
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32
seventh_sky
Iunno...all that comes to mind is "Find the light" XD
ed_drink_your_milk
^That's cute!! Can I steal it for the sig?? XD
seventh_sky
XD Yeah sure...
JoshP1389
You kids and your Photoshop/Adobe Illustrators...
ed_drink_your_milk
^I'm sorry if this sounds rude, but what was the point of that post?? blink.gif

Ok, well...I made this one but I'm not crazy about it. There's something wrong with it, but I'm not sure how to fix it.
BLOOđ ┼LăHEM¤ST
QUOTE(ed_drink_your_milk @ Feb 9 2007, 08:36 AM) [snapback]502581[/snapback]
I think I like the old one better, just beacause this one is a little plain, but they're both really good! Oh, and, do you mean the glow on the text or the purple swoosh thing? (I don't know what to call it. XD)

I meant on the text lol, and yeah i went back to my other one cool.gif
Packy
Heres a new one I just finished making. I was browsing through some tutorials and I found one that was kinda interesting, but I dont think it went with the render right

Its just a test sig, but I was wondering what everyone else thought of it tongue.gif
seventh_sky
@Milky: OOOO I like it! Use it! Use it!

@Lackey: Hmmm, brighten the bg a little, and make the text darker. I like the feel to it, very dark and creeeeepeh XD
Packy
^Danke! biggrin.gif I'll fix the bg once photoshop stops trying to pick a fight with me laugh.gif It wont let me adjust the brightness properly for some reason...

On another note, I managed to get another one done biggrin.gif Out of the siggies i've made this year, this one is one of my favorites. It's also my first attempt at a rounded border!

BLOOđ ┼LăHEM¤ST
I'm not sure which one to use :/, but I'm thinking number 2, looks cooler to me.
Any tips/suggestions?

--==--
Colours in BG change slowly.

--==--
Light effect

--==--
ed_drink_your_milk
*gape* They're both amazing. Hmm...which one....I guess, I like the first one a little better because the light effect sort of takes away from the sig a bit. You notice the light effect mostly and forget about the pictures underneath. And I always like anything that changes colors. XD
BLOOđ ┼LăHEM¤ST
Arrrrgghh lol i cant decide >.< on which of these to use now lol HELP tongue.gif

Im leaning towards the first one unsure.gif
seventh_sky
@Lackey: Oooooo. Very nice, except it took me a while to read the text XD

@Bloody: (>_> Yay. Thee have been nicknamed.) I like the light effect, but like Milky said, it does kind of take away from the overall sig. And the top one for the second set is definitely the best. I am so finding out where you live and stealing your skillz.

Oh....here's a random sig I made. Yay. Bday...gift...thing...

ed_drink_your_milk
Bloody(Oooh! I new nickname!! tongue.gif)-I agree, the fully colored ed is the best one. happy.gif

Sensei-Is this for that friend you told me about?? And....I don't have any criticism. *gasp* It's great!! happy.gif

I finally fully figured out the art of animated sigs, so I'll be back later with a (hopefully) semi-decent animated sig!!! biggrin.gif
seventh_sky
XD Thankee. Um.

It's for one of the people on that nutso forum I frequent. I didn't even know it was his bday, but another member pmed me saying "MAKE HIM A SIG" so I did rofl
BLOOđ ┼LăHEM¤ST
QUOTE(seventh_sky @ Feb 12 2007, 10:09 AM) [snapback]504058[/snapback]
@Bloody: (>_> Yay. Thee have been nicknamed.) I like the light effect, but like Milky said, it does kind of take away from the overall sig. And the top one for the second set is definitely the best. I am so finding out where you live and stealing your skillz.

QUOTE(ed_drink_your_milk @ Feb 12 2007, 10:15 AM) [snapback]504063[/snapback]
Bloody(Oooh! I new nickname!! tongue.gif)-I agree, the fully colored ed is the best one. happy.gif

I finally fully figured out the art of animated sigs, so I'll be back later with a (hopefully) semi-decent animated sig!!! biggrin.gif

Thanks SS, and yeah I agree with both of ya I picked the topmost one cool.gif, although had to remove my animated one due to my sig being toooo big.. yeah right, I see plenty bigger then mine overall, oh well, must just be another one of them kinda people tongue.gif

And nice work SS, I like it smile.gif

And Ed I cant wait to see this animated one, should be cool.

Reno
HI

I'm new in this forum, and i wanna show my sigs here, i have photoshop since 3 months.

My actual siggie is the one i want to test

seventh_sky
@Reno: It's actually pretty good, you have the basics of sig making down pretty well. I don't like the text much though, the light rays kind of bother me XD

and for anyone else to comment on...

how's my new sig?
Reno
QUOTE(seventh_sky @ Feb 17 2007, 05:05 PM) [snapback]506259[/snapback]
@Reno: It's actually pretty good, you have the basics of sig making down pretty well. I don't like the text much though, the light rays kind of bother me XD

and for anyone else to comment on...

how's my new sig?

Thanks.
And your new sig is great biggrin.gif

What about this one

Packy
It looks great except for the text. It's really hard for me to read it...

@sky: Is that from Chrono Crusade? It looks great! Especially since it isnt very common to see ones with Chrono's demon self in it biggrin.gif
Reno
QUOTE(Pack Lackey @ Feb 18 2007, 12:22 PM) [snapback]506578[/snapback]
It looks great except for the text. It's really hard for me to read it...

Jeje I know, i wrote it with Gorillaz Font, but thank you very much
seventh_sky
@Reno: Yeah, I can't read the text at all XD and the picture on the far left looks like it could be of...better quality? Something about it just bugs me O_o

@Pack Lackey: Yes, it is happy.gif I do like Chrono's demon form...XD
Popogeejo
The following is a noob blowing his own horn
I decided to run head first into Photo Impact (poor man's Photoshop), that came free with my comp (I don' even think it's the full version sleep.gif), today. Previously all I had done was a bit of colouring of FMA manga pages,
Tonight I decided to change my CoF banner. Here's how it went.
Starting point;

Made by Le Monkey. Ain't he great?

Discovery of magic eraser (ZOMG!)

First fight with Lasso tool;

Winner: Lasso tool. Less learned: Use cleaner pics.

Round two and a new image;

Winner: Me, by a whisker. Lesson: Use layers next time...also work on image size. I can make the canvas bigger but as yet I don't know how to make it smaller... :S

Round three: Popo v Lasso AND Layers!;

Winner: I like to think we are all winner here. smile.gif

I realise this is basically a noob showing off now he can tie his shoe laces (while omitting several mistakes made on the way) but dammit, I'm pleased with what I did.

Big thanks to Aily for finding so many great pictures for me to use. I'll be playing around with the banner tomorrow.

If anyone has links to Photo Impact 10 tutorials I'd be rather pleased. Trial and error is fun but some times I just need a guiding hand.
Reno
Well, i'm not an expert but you learn so quickly, i started using the layers and the layers window one week after i downloaded photoshop XD
Popogeejo
QUOTE(Reno @ Feb 19 2007, 12:12 PM) [snapback]506833[/snapback]
Well, i'm not an expert but you learn so quickly, i started using the layers and the layers window one week after i downloaded photoshop XD

Thanks smile.gif
Hopefully I'll be able to do more than just glorified copy and pasting soon. laugh.gif
Keoni
Not bad for a first try Popo! *claps* And you have already discovered layers! That took me a month XD Just keep at it and I'm sure you'll improve in no time! happy.gif

It's been a while since I made something, so I bring you two somethings

Wanted to try my new brushes

I have no idea which anime this is rolleyes.gif

Comments/critcs anyone?
Bakka
like my new sig? and just to tell you the girl in my sig and avatar are the same person o.0 creepy? yes?
Blitz
It took me forever to even grasp the concept of layers.... laugh.gif

@ Popo - Very nice results for a person new to using editing software. The only thing I could do at first was to apply filters....

QUOTE(Keoni @ Feb 19 2007, 06:38 PM) [snapback]506984[/snapback]
It's been a while since I made something, so I bring you two somethings

Wanted to try my new brushes

I have no idea which anime this is rolleyes.gif

Comments/critcs anyone?

I like the second one, don't know where it's from, either....

The first one, it's squished. When you resize an image, use transform and hold down the "enter" button while doing so. It'll keep the proportions even when downsizing. Otherwise, it's very nice! ^^
Keoni
QUOTE(Blitz @ Feb 20 2007, 02:22 PM) [snapback]507264[/snapback]
When you resize an image, use transform and hold down the "enter" button while doing so. It'll keep the proportions even when downsizing. Otherwise, it's very nice! ^^

Oh. My. God! That must be the greatest advise ever! biggrin.gif I never knew that! Thank you so much.
And thanks for the nice comments I'm rather pleased with the first one, too happy.gif
Reno
Hi!!

I made a new siggie and i wanna test it

it's my actual sig (again XD)

Packy
@Reno It looks great except to me the font seems a little pixely, but thats probably just the style of it smile.gif Oh, and I can kinda see a white line or something going up across Reno's face in the piccy to the right.

Okay... I was a bit nervous on doing these before, but I think I did okay for a first try on a pop-out siggy biggrin.gif

version one (no overlay)

version 2 (overlay)

The font and text color probably looks crappy but it was just a test. Plus I couldnt really find any other font to go with Berserk.
MasterKris
^First one's better.

@Keoni - Second pic is from anime called Air. It's really good.
Reno
Masterkris have all the reason the first one is better

Reno It looks great except to me the font seems a little pixely, but thats probably just the style of it smile.gif Oh, and I can kinda see a white line or something going up across Reno's face in the piccy to the right.

Correction coming soon....

And i wanna test this siggies

The first one doesn't have any border (dunno why not...)
TheSnig
testing to make sure the link is working...
MasterKris
@Reno - First one: Bad fonts, they're too pixely and big. Get rid of the transparent alchemy circle and the Ed picture, they're too messy. Give a white or black border.

Second one: Once again bad fonts. Do you use Photoshop? When you put words, at the top left corner you'll see after the font size the font style. There are sharp, crisp, strong, and smooth. Use any of them as you wish. It'll help the fonts blend. And don't place the words too close to the subject picture and don't use drop shadow for the words on this kind of sig. The border is kinda messy and the color blue is kinda a bad choice to use. Use only one or two transparent background picture, too much will ruin the overall sig. I think the two pictures at the way left and right aren't necessary. Move the main girl picture a little bit to the right.
Popogeejo
Popo messes about with effects.
I slapped this together nice and sharpish (based on Bamboo leaf rhapsody)

A bland dish of Copy and and Pasta.
Made mostly to test the arty effects and came up with:
Alpha;

Beta;

I think I went overboard on the soft edge for Yuki on Beta but I like how Alpha turned out...kind of.

Usual critique and abuse welcome. No sugar coating please, It's the only I'll learn.
MasterKris
^All three of them are terrible.

First one: the pic of Yuki is badly resized, and too pixely. It doesn't blend well with the overall background picture. In fact, the pic of Yuki and the background doesn't fit together at all. It's because the background picture isn't a very good choice to be made into one. And it's better if you bring out Yuki more and push back Kon. I suggest using a different background. And Yuki is way too the left. No border so it feels unfinished and the fonts should not overlap Yuki since she's the main subject. Overall sig is badly done.

Second one: Do NOT use texture for this kind of sig, but if you really desire to do so, don't use it on Yuki.

Third one: Get rid of the white border line around Yuki. Doesn't help anything.
Popogeejo
Thanks.

EDIT
Finding even semi decent Kyon pics is near impossible...Off I go to search again.
ed_drink_your_milk
Master Kris-Someone's feeling very sadistic today, although, I guess that's to be expected. laugh.gif

Popo
-I forget, what program are you working with to make these? Anywho, yeah, they all need borders and different backgrounds. Somtimes using the origional background of the picture works, but for this, it doesn't. You need to cut out both pictures and make a background. Also, again, she's to pixley, and he needs to be brought up more, unless you want him as a background pic, in which case push him back more. And the font needs to be changed. Basically, to anything less...what it is. I like the idea and the pictures are nice, but it needs some work! I hope that if you go back and fix it you'll post the new one here!!

Well, as soon as I got ym new computer, my laptop immediately crashed and I haven't been able to get onto in since, but Photoshop is on my laptop!! *gasp* dry.gif So, no sig makign for me until I can get the darn laptop fixed enough to uninstall PS and put it on the new computer.
Popogeejo
I forget, what program are you working with to make these?

I'm using a free version of PhotoImpact 10.

I did try cutting Kyon out but I couldn't separate his hair from the darkest shadows.

(I'd also note that Sadistic means taking pleasure in inflicting pain on others, as such if MK's feed back is to feed this "sadism" it kind of makes it hard to take seriously...Just saying.)
ed_drink_your_milk
About sadism, I know what it means, but:
QUOTE(MasterKris)
Known as the Sadistic Feedbacker

'Twas a joke. happy.gif

And about erasing, did you try the 'eraser points' technique? (no, it's not a feature, just a handy technique. Well, wait, first, you zoom in when you erase, no?
Popogeejo
Don't worry about it. The sig was mostly just to test the features out.
I'm still not up to making any serious attempts at a sig.
MasterKris
QUOTE(Popogeejo @ Feb 24 2007, 02:27 PM) [snapback]509007[/snapback]
I forget, what program are you working with to make these?

I'm using a free version of PhotoImpact 10.

I did try cutting Kyon out but I couldn't separate his hair from the darkest shadows.

(I'd also note that Sadistic means taking pleasure in inflicting pain on others, as such if MK's feed back is to feed this "sadism" it kind of makes it hard to take seriously...Just saying.)

I got that name when Vachi asked me to do a sig review and to be sadistic about it. So I did and thus vuala!
ed_drink_your_milk
Popo-Ok, if you don't want to try it, that's fine. But, if you really get into sig making I can show you. happy.gif
Popogeejo
QUOTE(ed_drink_your_milk @ Feb 24 2007, 09:52 PM) [snapback]509013[/snapback]
Popo-Ok, if you don't want to try it, that's fine. But, if you really get into sig making I can show you. happy.gif

That's okay, I'm going to kick around DevArt and look up some tutorials.

I got that name when Vachi asked me to do a sig review and to be sadistic about it. So I did and thus vuala!

I remember that... laugh.gif You can be meaner than I can, and that's just scary. wink.gif
MasterKris
QUOTE(Popogeejo @ Feb 24 2007, 02:56 PM) [snapback]509016[/snapback]
QUOTE(ed_drink_your_milk @ Feb 24 2007, 09:52 PM) [snapback]509013[/snapback]

I remember that... laugh.gif You can be meaner than I can, and that's just scary. wink.gif

New Year resolution: be nicer. (not including sig feedbacking)
Reno
QUOTE(MasterKris @ Feb 24 2007, 10:28 AM) [snapback]508952[/snapback]
@Reno - First one: Bad fonts, they're too pixely and big. Get rid of the transparent alchemy circle and the Ed picture, they're too messy. Give a white or black border.

Second one: Once again bad fonts. Do you use Photoshop? When you put words, at the top left corner you'll see after the font size the font style. There are sharp, crisp, strong, and smooth. Use any of them as you wish. It'll help the fonts blend. And don't place the words too close to the subject picture and don't use drop shadow for the words on this kind of sig. The border is kinda messy and the color blue is kinda a bad choice to use. Use only one or two transparent background picture, too much will ruin the overall sig. I think the two pictures at the way left and right aren't necessary. Move the main girl picture a little bit to the right.

Thanks, i know what's bad on this siggies, i will do my best and follow your advices on the next sig i test

Oh and yes i use photoshop, i use Photoshop CS,

Thanks again

QUOTE(Popo)

Searching tutorials?, www.rnel.net they have a lot, including signature effects, special effects (you can search them in PhotoImpact Tutorials)

MasterKris
^Your welcome.

Finally created a sig after a longggggggggggg time. It's been ages. It's right now my current sig. Any feedback, comments, or critique please.
seventh_sky
^ I like yours =D

tis pretty.

and I'm too lazy to look back and see what else has been put up >_>

If I make a new one, I'll edit my post and whap it up XD
Packy
I found a picture that I found interesting from a game called Enzai: Falsely Accused on a japanese site when I was looking at stuff for the new house when I move in a year or two. With no school and a picture, I had no choice but to cut it out and make a siggy out of it... I think the text is a little out of place, but other then that i'm happy with it tongue.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.