Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Test Your Sigs Here!
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fanworks
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32
seventh_sky
How could anything be worse than paint? XD

Oh, and just wondering, does anyone on here have any experience with digital coloring? I'm looking at some tutorials, but this looks really in depth, and I'm not sure if I have that much talent XD This is the image I'm feeling like re-coloring. I did a basic job on it, but I'm not happy with it....

If anyone could help me, that'd be great =D
ed_drink_your_milk
Saff- I think it's great!! The only thing I noticed was that the right side of his collar on the jacket seems to be missing. It could be my drawing ignorance showing, but is it supposed to be like that? unsure.gif
seventh_sky
QUOTE(ed_drink_your_milk @ Dec 21 2006, 08:29 PM) [snapback]487017[/snapback]
Saff- I think it's great!! The only thing I noticed was that the right side of his collar on the jacket seems to be missing. It could be my drawing ignorance showing, but is it supposed to be like that? unsure.gif

XD it's been so darn long since I drew the picture originally, I can't remember why it's like that. Uh...lemme look at the original drawing. Ah yes. It was cut off in the reference picture. XD BUT!!! I'ma try to fix that along with all my other mishaps X____x

EDIT: rawr. nobody goes here do they?

part of a Christmas present to a very good friend of mine...
Soujirou
Yesterday i made another siggie

ed_drink_your_milk

Saff
- It's really pretty!! The only thing is maybe you should make the girl (sorry, I can't tell who it is laugh.gif )and the words a little bit brighter so they stand out from the background a little more.(btw, who is the girl in the sig??)

Soujirou- A few things:
1) Try cutting the render a little better or at least giving it an outer glow to cover up the rougher edges.
2) Tha background is a little plain. Nice color choice, but try adding maybe another picture, or just mess around with some other brushes and possibly another color that goes with the blue.
3) The words are a little hard to read. They also look a little to stiff, in line. Try separating them into different layers so that you can move each line free of the other.
4) I can't tell if you have a border or not, so, if you do, make it thicker, and if you don't add one! biggrin.gif

Overall though, it's very nice. If you decide to try the things I suggested PLEASE put up the new version. I bet it will be great!!

---------------------------------------

I'm on vacation at the moment, and photoshop-less, but when I get home, I'll make a new one!
seventh_sky
QUOTE(ed_drink_your_milk @ Dec 25 2006, 09:04 PM) [snapback]488271[/snapback]

Saff
- It's really pretty!! The only thing is maybe you should make the girl (sorry, I can't tell who it is laugh.gif )and the words a little bit brighter so they stand out from the background a little more.(btw, who is the girl in the sig??)

I think she's Lamia from Super Robot Wars. Al, the guy I made it for, he's a huge fan. I know nothing aobut it...XD

^ The main singer from Thousand Foot Krutch. Words from their song "Phenomenon"...
ed_drink_your_milk
Ooooooh! Purdy. Nothing to comment on other than it's really good!!!
seventh_sky
^______^ thank you! it took me about 15 minutes to get the text right...

present to my "niece"...

Blitz
QUOTE(seventh_sky @ Dec 25 2006, 09:31 PM) [snapback]488282[/snapback]
present to my "niece"...

I like it! Of course, since Seventh made it. ^^

The only thing I see "wrong" is that the character's pixely.
MasterKris
This is a half-made sig I did long ago and I couldn't figure out what to do with the overall layout of it. I tried many different techniques but I just can't find the right style... any thoughts please?? T_T

Soujirou
QUOTE(ed_drink_your_milk @ Dec 25 2006, 08:04 PM) [snapback]488271[/snapback]
Soujirou- A few things:
1) Try cutting the render a little better or at least giving it an outer glow to cover up the rougher edges.
2) Tha background is a little plain. Nice color choice, but try adding maybe another picture, or just mess around with some other brushes and possibly another color that goes with the blue.
3) The words are a little hard to read. They also look a little to stiff, in line. Try separating them into different layers so that you can move each line free of the other.
4) I can't tell if you have a border or not, so, if you do, make it thicker, and if you don't add one! biggrin.gif

Overall though, it's very nice. If you decide to try the things I suggested PLEASE put up the new version. I bet it will be great!!

It's sounds ridiculous but i don't know how to make borders in photoshop, can you teach me?

And thanks for the comments, i'm new in this of signature making, i only made two siggies that i like (Alphonse and Rei) the siggie of Saito was made in Paint (Yes PAINT) i'm learning how to use photoshop, i only know the basics, so i can't make good effects with the text or the image itself, i will put all my pledging in the future siggies
ed_drink_your_milk
QUOTE(seventh_sky @ Dec 25 2006, 07:31 PM) [snapback]488282[/snapback]
^______^ thank you! it took me about 15 minutes to get the text right...

present to my "niece"...

Saff- Once again, it's wonderful! And also, again, I just think that the words could stand out a little more. Meh, I don't know, you're much better at this than I am! biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Soujirou @ Dec 27 2006, 08:49 AM) [snapback]488607[/snapback]
It's sounds ridiculous but i don't know how to make borders in photoshop, can you teach me?

And thanks for the comments, i'm new in this of signature making, i only made two siggies that i like (Alphonse and Rei) the siggie of Saito was made in Paint (Yes PAINT) i'm learning how to use photoshop, i only know the basics, so i can't make good effects with the text or the image itself, i will put all my pledging in the future siggies

Hehe, that's ok, it took me a while to figure thigns out also. I still haven't figured it all out! laugh.gif

To make a border use the rectangular marquee (I apologize if I spelled that wrong, I'm horrible at spelling) and surround the whole sig, then right click inside the box you just made and then chose stroke off of the menu.
I think that's right. I hope it works out for you!

Ah Paint. Only the extremely skilled can make a decent sig using it, but it can be done...I guess...I've never made anything very good anyway, none the less using paint! tongue.gif
Soujirou
Thank you very much laugh.gif

Synth Alchemist
Soujirou: Your work is not bad. Just borders and ready, that sig of Alphonse was incredible biggrin.gif
seventh_sky
@Kris: If you could find another picture the same size to stick in the center, that'd look really cool but...as it is, I'd say you might want to try and remake it using those same pics, if that's what you want. Right now, it's kind of hard to see the characters, even though the overall sig is fairly large...

^ fanart from unknown artists used....I got the pictures off of photobucket, so I can't be sure whose they are...anyway, I do like this couple, Seth and Eirika from FE: Sacred Stones. The sig isn't very good tho XD
ed_drink_your_milk
QUOTE(seventh_sky @ Dec 28 2006, 07:08 PM) [snapback]489025[/snapback]

^ fanart from unknown artists used....I got the pictures off of photobucket, so I can't be sure whose they are...anyway, I do like this couple, Seth and Eirika from FE: Sacred Stones. The sig isn't very good tho XD

Saff- I really like it (and that is a good couple! tongue.gif). Just one thing. I think that the picture of them in the middle should stand out a little more. But that's it. Everything else is great!
Packy
Since I havent made a decent sig in awhile I figured I would start planning. It took me awhile to find the right render, but I think I finally found one.

I dont really like how the lighting came out on it though, but what do you all think?
ed_drink_your_milk
Pack Lackey- I don't think the lighting is bad. It looks fine. The only thing that bothers me is the font. Or maybe it's the text color. Something about the words doesn't seem right. Maybe...try a darker color on the inside and then put an outer glow on it? And maybe a sharper font. Something pointy!!! biggrin.gif

Ok, I finally made some more!

This was a slightly belated b-day present for Saff.
Packy
I love the top one! The head on the Roy one could be shrunk down just a tiny bit in my opinion though. The head looks a bit too big for the body if you know what I mean happy.gif

Made a Bleach siggy this time and came out with two possible outcomes here, (version 1) and here (version 2). I'm planning on changing my sig to one of those two, but I dont know which one. Although I kinda like the lighter one outta the two...
ed_drink_your_milk
Pack Lackey- I agree, I like the second one better as well. But really, they're both great! And yeah...his head is a little disproportional!! laugh.gif

I've been feeling very fluffy lately and making lots of strange mushy ones. tongue.gif

Soujirou
I'm practicing more and more, here's another siggie

Bakka
Thats lovely
edsgirl
Just wanted to try out a new style different from the anime based ones on this site.
seventh_sky
@edsgirl: It's really pretty! The effects and everything are great...(you must tell me how you do that stuff!) The only thing I would change is maybe make a more visible border?
patkk the dictator/ninja/fish
well mine isnt a pic or anything special but...

well you'll just have to find out yourself

go a head clich the dont click link it won't shoot a virus at your computer or anything
Popogeejo
well you'll just have to find out yourself

go a head clich the dont click link it won't shoot a virus at your computer or anything

I bet it's a dumb "I stoled ur soul" type link.
Bakka
i know my sig in not .....good but i did want to know oppinions
Zarpia
A 10 to your "lonely club" one laugh.gif
edsgirl
QUOTE(seventh_sky @ Jan 13 2007, 08:58 PM) [snapback]493904[/snapback]
@edsgirl: It's really pretty! The effects and everything are great...(you must tell me how you do that stuff!) The only thing I would change is maybe make a more visible border?

Ah, finally some love! Thank you 7th, and one of these days I'm going to write a tutorial. To be honest it's one of the easiest sigs I've made. And thanks about the border.

EDIT: Bakka, is that some of your own drawings or did you get it from somewhere?
Bakka
somewere else...edsgirl

okay so after watching death note...i had to change my sig to this ^^
BLOOđ ┼LăHEM¤ST
Made these ones today, off the top of my head.. lol could do better I guess, but the Scar one is animated so might have to wait a bit to see it all on a slow connection, like mine!!.. lol sucky speed.
Packy
^I have no words to describe your siggies ohmy.gif One thing is for sure, they're beautiful =D How long did it take you to make the animated one? It sure looks like it took awhile!

This is one I made last night and this one I just finished I cant help but feel that somethings outta place on the 1st one though.
ed_drink_your_milk
^Yes, I agree with Pack Lackey, they are really amazing. happy.gif

Pack Lackey-Those are both great. I only have one comment. On the second one, he is cut a little rougly, maybe you could just smooth out the edges a bit? And about the first, I don't think anythign is out of place. It looks great!

Ok, wow, now I feel extremely inferior after those amazing sigs, but here is my new one. XD
seventh_sky
My only thing would be to make the text more...spiffy? I don't really know, just...do something to it? *is not helping much*
ed_drink_your_milk
Saff- No, that's helpful! I was wondering if the text was, in your words, not 'spiffy' enough, and I guess it wasn't. I was just exicted because I found a new font on my computer that I never knew I had and I just really wanted to use it in something. laugh.gif (The font that the bigger words are in. The smaller words are just...plain...well...technically it's one of my hebrew fonts, but I just used it in english because it was nice and clean cut. happy.gif)
BLOOđ ┼LăHEM¤ST
QUOTE(Pack Lackey @ Feb 5 2007, 08:54 AM) [snapback]500976[/snapback]
^I have no words to describe your siggies ohmy.gif One thing is for sure, they're beautiful =D How long did it take you to make the animated one? It sure looks like it took awhile!

Thanks smile.gif, and the animated one hmmm, I just started off cutting out a scar pic and I couldnt stop evolving it into what you see now lol, even adding an tiny array on the far left border that lights up too heh, so like an hour to make I guess, im pretty used to fast tracking animated ones now though, not that they're really easy lol.
seventh_sky
QUOTE(BLOOđ ┼LăHEM¤ST @ Feb 4 2007, 10:27 PM) [snapback]501180[/snapback]
Thanks smile.gif, and the animated one hmmm, I just started off cutting out a scar pic and I couldnt stop evolving it into what you see now lol, even adding an tiny array on the far left border that lights up too heh, so like an hour to make I guess, im pretty used to fast tracking animated ones now though, not that they're really easy lol.

I demand you make us a tutorial XD

And also, I'm fishing for complaints/feedback on my current set. Yeah, OMG, I have a matching sig/avatar set! WHOOOO!
BLOOđ ┼LăHEM¤ST
QUOTE(seventh_sky @ Feb 6 2007, 11:38 AM) [snapback]501503[/snapback]
QUOTE(BLOOđ ┼LăHEM¤ST @ Feb 4 2007, 10:27 PM) [snapback]501180[/snapback]

I demand you make us a tutorial XD

And also, I'm fishing for complaints/feedback on my current set. Yeah, OMG, I have a matching sig/avatar set! WHOOOO!

Nice gfx set dude, crisp.

And well I can't go giving away all my secrets can I? tongue.gif, but I'll say one thing, I did not use Image ready to do my animations, I hate that program, and my normal pics I made them on Photoshop 8.
ed_drink_your_milk
^ happy.gif Secretive are we?? tongue.gif

Well...two new sigs of mine:

Demon x
I wonder if my new one looks good?
Popogeejo

For whoring Caveat Lector.
jefe
what about mine? if you dont like it the fuhrer will cut you
BLOOđ ┼LăHEM¤ST
QUOTE(ed_drink_your_milk @ Feb 7 2007, 06:49 AM) [snapback]501795[/snapback]
^ happy.gif Secretive are we?? tongue.gif

Well...two new sigs of mine:

Lol I just like to keep some techniques to myself.

They need some borders, but they look good dude, backgrounds are cool, download some new fonts and try some, but I see you have talent cool.gif just needs polishing.

Oh and anyone like my new blood splatter one? just a test really.
ed_drink_your_milk
^Great! Thanks! I'll try you suggestions. smile.gif

Demon X-It's really good! There's something missing, but I can't put my finger on it. Maybe...well...the left side seems a little empty, but maybe it's just me.

Popogeejo-It's good, but very very bland. The text and the scan are good, but there really isn't anything else to it. Maybe that's how you like though. I can't really think of anything I would do to it. I guess it's one of those sigs better left plain. happy.gif

Jefe-Well, that gives people motive to give criticism! laugh.gif Well, at the risk of being cut, I'm goign to say that it's a good quote and the scan is pretty good, but the sig as a whole is very very plain. I would add...well..I personally would add a lot to it. So, for starters, I would cut out his head and add a background, I would fancify the text, and I would add a full border. Hope that helps! happy.gif

Here's another one:

(And I just realized that it's another purple one. XD)

Demon x
@drink your milk :pretty impressive I'll say
@popogeejo: you continue to amaze me
ed_drink_your_milk
Demon X-Thanks! happy.gif Any suggestions as to how to make it better?
BLOOđ ┼LăHEM¤ST
QUOTE(ed_drink_your_milk @ Feb 8 2007, 10:35 AM) [snapback]502234[/snapback]
^Great! Thanks! I'll try you suggestions. smile.gif

Demon X-It's really good! There's something missing, but I can't put my finger on it. Maybe...well...the left side seems a little empty, but maybe it's just me.

Popogeejo-It's good, but very very bland. The text and the scan are good, but there really isn't anything else to it. Maybe that's how you like though. I can't really think of anything I would do to it. I guess it's one of those sigs better left plain. happy.gif

Jefe-Well, that gives people motive to give criticism! laugh.gif Well, at the risk of being cut, I'm goign to say that it's a good quote and the scan is pretty good, but the sig as a whole is very very plain. I would add...well..I personally would add a lot to it. So, for starters, I would cut out his head and add a background, I would fancify the text, and I would add a full border. Hope that helps! happy.gif

Here's another one:

(And I just realized that it's another purple one. XD)

There see how a border makes a diff lol, and I like the way you used the text creatively, although not sure on the glow, but yeah its a good job dude cool.gif

So what you think of my new one? or do you think my white one looked better?
ed_drink_your_milk
I think I like the old one better, just beacause this one is a little plain, but they're both really good! Oh, and, do you mean the glow on the text or the purple swoosh thing? (I don't know what to call it. XD)

laugh.gif Here's another one of mine:

And there's this one, which is obviously missing something, but I'm at a creative block as to what to add. Any suggestions?
seventh_sky
^I wub the bottom one but add some text...somewhere? O_o

to Blood Alchemist: Wauuuugh, I love them alllll <3
ed_drink_your_milk
^I can't think of anything to say. XD Any suggestions? I tried the obvious (her name, and some other easy phrases)but they all looked really dumb. XD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.