definitely DS
Blitz
DS for me.
instantmirage
here comes DS lite
Blitz
QUOTE(instantmirage @ Feb 22 2006, 04:56 PM) [snapback]353355[/snapback]

here comes DS lite

Indeed. I'm planning on getting the light blue DS lite when it comes out.
edsgirl
I've had my PSP fpr a while now, and I'm justnow starting to use it, but it's pretty neat. I love watching movies while I'm supposed to be working.
lisa22k
I got a DS, because I think its an original idea for a handheld, and the game are way fun than they look on PSP, even though the graphics might be better than on PSP.
chrismariokart
Definitely the DS. I got one for Christmas and the touch screen is awesome. And
racing people around the world with Mariokart is the best.

My friend has a PSP, and the only great thing about it is being able to use the internet.
He uses the internet during every class and looks at you know what.

So, yeah, I like the DS is better.
FMA-Freak
Psp, because I don't even have a DS. But I like using the internet, music from computer, pics, and movies. The only thing through, is DS does have better games. I only have 1 game for it because I could't find any I liked. But PsP does have reeeeallly good graphics. biggrin.gif
Homunculi-Envy
PSP, cause you can do so much more wit it
Ronaldo Rodregez
QUOTE(Homunculi-Envy @ Mar 18 2006, 03:49 AM) [snapback]365033[/snapback]

PSP, cause you can do so much more wit it

A PSP can watch videos, play music, go on the internet, and play video games.

Within the next couple years, the DS will be able to browse the internet (even more functionally than a PSP due to the touch screen) along with net play, have the innovation of its microphone which'll allow you to TALK to other players, and be able to pick up TV signals. It already can play video games, be used as a communication device, uses touch screen technology, and if you buy a flash card (which is practically the same thing as a memory pack for the PSP), you can watch video files and emulate other games.

Indeed, SO much more.
Roy-Riz-fan
I choose the DS you can never betray nintendo laugh.gif
HybridAlchemist
Psp, it cood do so much more than the DS. Also because every year nintendo invents some kind of new crap that peepo cant keep up with. And because japan keeps all the good games for themselves so it kinda pointless buying a system with crappy games on it
+ i "Accidently" ripped my DS'es top screen off
Le Monkey
QUOTE(HybridAlchemist @ Mar 19 2006, 11:29 AM) [snapback]365706[/snapback]

Psp, it cood do so much more than the DS. Also because every year nintendo invents some kind of new crap that peepo cant keep up with. And because japan keeps all the good games for themselves so it kinda pointless buying a system with crappy games on it

O M G !!!

You are a spoiled brat who dosnt DESERVE most of the stuff you get...
You rip up a perfectly good system.. because you dont want it??
What the hell is wrong with you?
And with your parents apparent endless suply of money, why dont you get them to buy you a Japanesse version of the DS and the japanese games then? hmm?? and if you have a problem with the language.. Why dont you go and hire a japaneese translator while your at it so you can still play it..

Brat..
HybridAlchemist
QUOTE(le monkey @ Mar 19 2006, 04:43 PM) [snapback]365940[/snapback]

QUOTE(HybridAlchemist @ Mar 19 2006, 11:29 AM) [snapback]365706[/snapback]

O M G !!!

You are a spoiled brat who dosnt DESERVE most of the stuff you get...
You rip up a perfectly good system.. because you dont want it??
What the hell is wrong with you?
And with your parents apparent endless suply of money, why dont you get them to buy you a Japanesse version of the DS and the japanese games then? hmm?? and if you have a problem with the language.. Why dont you go and hire a japaneese translator while your at it so you can still play it..

Brat..

No, i ripped it off for several reasons
1. i was playing mario kart on Wi-Fi and i lost
2.I was angry at that guy who beat me
3.I dont like nintendo very much
4.I have anger issues
Kyros
The anger issues are definately obvious -__-; I went with psp cuz although the current titles aren't that impressive, I want one so I can get Suikoden I&II and Tales of Eternia (released as Tales of Destiny II for ps in US) when they come out for psp O.O
Smoke Alchemist
I have one...waves it in front of your face...what you gonna give me for it? tongue.gif
Le Monkey
QUOTE(HybridAlchemist @ Mar 19 2006, 06:45 PM) [snapback]365993[/snapback]

4.I have anger issues

1: you lost? awwww, but wait... Isnt that how you get better at a game, you find someone better than you then you work to beat them? If it was easy all the time.. where the fun in that then?
2: your anygry at a person for beating you on a game.. so you trashed £100 worth of stuff? you must really hate him eh?
3: Then why did you get your parents to buy you the new nintendo console? or was it a case of "Oh look, I got one too!"
4: Wow.. i never noticed..

dry.gif
PBalfredo
DS.

I just love the games that have come out for it. Mario Kart DS is one of the best in the series and Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow is a triple A game. Phoenix Wright fun and charming and Kirby's Canvas Curse has outstanding gameplay. And you know Trauma Center: Under the Knife is a kick-awesome game when you find yourself sweating by the end of a daunting surgery. That's intense.

And there are many upcoming games that I'm really excited about as well. Children of Mana, New Super Mario Bros and especially the upcoming new Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles game. I loved that game on the 'cube and it will be perfect on the DS.

Looking at the PSP's library of games, I don't see anything to get excited about. Or at least excited enough to lay down over $200 to get. Almost everything for that system is either a remake or a port of an existing Playstion game. I already have a Playstation 2, so why pay for a portable version that plays games I already have? At least the Playstation Portable's name gets them bonus points for truth in advertising.
Venus Alchemist
DS, I have one and I'm not the least bit disapointed with it. Nintendo always makes great games!!
I got my DS when it first came out, so it's kinda in bad shape now, but that means I'm using it.
HybridAlchemist
QUOTE(le monkey @ Mar 20 2006, 03:09 PM) [snapback]366335[/snapback]

QUOTE(HybridAlchemist @ Mar 19 2006, 06:45 PM) [snapback]365993[/snapback]

4.I have anger issues

1: you lost? awwww, but wait... Isnt that how you get better at a game, you find someone better than you then you work to beat them? If it was easy all the time.. where the fun in that then?
2: your anygry at a person for beating you on a game.. so you trashed £100 worth of stuff? you must really hate him eh?
3: Then why did you get your parents to buy you the new nintendo console? or was it a case of "Oh look, I got one too!"
4: Wow.. i never noticed..

dry.gif

No, i got it because the PSP wasn't out yet and i beat all my gamecube games, And i just bought it beacause i felt like buying something biggrin.gif
Kyros
QUOTE(PBalfredo @ Mar 21 2006, 03:16 AM) [snapback]366582[/snapback]

DS.

I just love the games that have come out for it. Mario Kart DS is one of the best in the series and Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow is a triple A game. Phoenix Wright fun and charming and Kirby's Canvas Curse has outstanding gameplay. And you know Trauma Center: Under the Knife is a kick-awesome game when you find yourself sweating by the end of a daunting surgery. That's intense.

And there are many upcoming games that I'm really excited about as well. Children of Mana, New Super Mario Bros and especially the upcoming new Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles game. I loved that game on the 'cube and it will be perfect on the DS.

Looking at the PSP's library of games, I don't see anything to get excited about. Or at least excited enough to lay down over $200 to get. Almost everything for that system is either a remake or a port of an existing Playstion game. I already have a Playstation 2, so why pay for a portable version that plays games I already have? At least the Playstation Portable's name gets them bonus points for truth in advertising.

Did you noticed you criticized the psp for what you praised the ds for? O.o Last time I checked Mario Kart, Castlevania, FF, Mario Bros, and the Mana series have been around for a while. Those are all just "ports of original games" aren't they?
PBalfredo
Ports are not snynomous with sequels, silly.

Kyros
For the most part they are pretty much the same in this case though. Mario Kart for ds is just a cumulation of past ones with only a few new things and using a gameboy instead of a controller would suck. I doubt the mana series gameplay will be much different, and Mario Bros never takes long to master *shrugs*
Le Monkey
QUOTE(HybridAlchemist @ Mar 21 2006, 02:12 PM) [snapback]366811[/snapback]
And i just bought it beacause i felt like buying something biggrin.gif

O.o...
Show off brat
Vash_the_Gunslinger
I have a PSP, but my sister has a DS. I've played some of her games. They are so much more addicting than the PSP games.
Votom
I don't own either but I have played both systems and I have to choose the PSP over the DS based only their graphics. Both of them are very fun to play with the games available for each and they also have their own special features. I think it all came down to the beauty they could project on the screen and the PSP performed wondefully.
22-250
I own a PSP and personally, I like the games better than the ones on the DS. My brother owns the DS, so I play Kirby: Canvas Curse sometimes, but i like thae majority of the games on PSP better than the DS.
Ice Blizzard
Sony's PSP Beats the Nintendo's DS Period
Popogeejo
IPB Image

QUOTE(Ice Blizzard)
Sony's PSP Beats the Nintendo's DS Period

Well theres a balanced argument. dry.gif
gerkinman
ds's have more qurky thiungs u can do with it wen the psp's majority of umds are movies
Blitz
^ I did not understand that post at all.
Nepharski
Nintendo DS, definitely. When I want a full-fledged portable entertainment system, I'll tell you. In the mean time, I'm judging by games, and as such, the PSP has only 1 game that looks any good to me, whereas the DS has quite a few.

And Popogeejo now has my undying respect for posting that VGCats.
Soujirou
I like more the Nintendo DS, PSP is not as good as DS
esrz22
DS all the way. Great library, excellent multiplayer.
Fushi
DS.

As much as I love Playstation, the PSP is disappointing. there's only been like...2 games I would actually want for it (Darkstalkers - since the original is like impossible to find- and LocoRoco)...where as the DS has TONS of games I want to play, and I really mean tons. O.o;;;
Hugh the Hit Man
The DS is definetely better. The games are better and the multiplayer feature is awesome.
Hellfire
Wow, it is closer than I thought...

DS has two-screens, which is amazing innovation on their part. While the PSP has five areas to enjoy, a console is used to play games and even those areas of enjoyment, I felt, seemed to be mostly filler to tr and make their product more enjoyable.. DS, in many ways, finishes out on top.
Amol
I have played both DS and PSP . I find that psp is better than psp in graphics comparison.
I havent played much on either of them but i'd prefer psp.
Le Monkey
QUOTE(Amol @ Nov 15 2006, 09:19 AM) [snapback]473656[/snapback]
I find that psp is better than psp in graphics comparison.

blink.gif

I prefer the DS, multiplayer and awesome games..
PSP, yes, good graphics but if I want good graphics, I will play on my PC, there is like 1 or 2 decent games. >< and why would you want to watch a film on a 2inch screen? if you want to watch DVD on the move get a portable dvd player and a DS for entertainment. all for less than a PSP. and also the film things for the PSP are normally more exspensive than the actually DVD anyways..
Amol
QUOTE(Le Monkey @ Nov 15 2006, 07:45 PM) [snapback]473709[/snapback]
QUOTE(Amol @ Nov 15 2006, 09:19 AM) [snapback]473656[/snapback]
I find that psp is better than psp in graphics comparison.

blink.gif

I prefer the DS, multiplayer and awesome games..
PSP, yes, good graphics but if I want good graphics, I will play on my PC, there is like 1 or 2 decent games. >< and why would you want to watch a film on a 2inch screen? if you want to watch DVD on the move get a portable dvd player and a DS for entertainment. all for less than a PSP. and also the film things for the PSP are normally more exspensive than the actually DVD anyways..

I dont want to watch a movie on the psp.
I just pointed out that the graphics are better.
I dont know much about the multi-player gaming in both the systems. sad.gif

I'll go and see the multi-player gaming in both.
esrz22
DS has wireless built in, and some games have free (if you have wireless internet. If not, they sell a usb plug in thing) online multiplayer.
Amol
QUOTE(esrz22 @ Nov 16 2006, 05:34 PM) [snapback]474188[/snapback]
DS has wireless built in, and some games have free (if you have wireless internet. If not, they sell a usb plug in thing) online multiplayer.

Is this feature not available in psp ?
esrz22
QUOTE(Amol @ Nov 16 2006, 08:48 AM) [snapback]474212[/snapback]

I don't actually know. It probably has wireless, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't have the wifi play.
Amol
QUOTE(esrz22 @ Nov 16 2006, 08:26 PM) [snapback]474229[/snapback]

I don't actually know. It probably has wireless, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't have the wifi play.

It has the wireless play.
Le Monkey
QUOTE(Amol @ Nov 17 2006, 02:47 PM) [snapback]474758[/snapback]
QUOTE(esrz22 @ Nov 16 2006, 08:26 PM) [snapback]474229[/snapback]

It has the wireless play.

it hasnt got the online gaming side as far as I can tell.
DS connects to the net and then from there connects to thousands of other players from around the world, liek this morning I got my ass handed to me by some korean mario cart players, while still laying in bed, tongue.gif
As far as I know the PSP has mainly single player games and also is only wireless not wireless to net, if you know what I mean..
Funderful
Ds.

Why?

Wi-Fi Connection, not quite as complicated >>, reasonably cheaper, and the new FMA game is coming out on it this month! -Dances-
pawnedbyme
I like psp.
Reno
I hate Nintendo, but my vote goes with the DS
Popogeejo
QUOTE(Reno @ Feb 18 2007, 07:22 PM) [snapback]506577[/snapback]
I hate Nintendo

Why?
Keoni
I actually own both a PSP and a DS. Both work just fine for me and they both have their pro“s and cons

The DS has loads of cool games that are both easy to play and fun. But that“s about all you can do with it, play games. (though I did hear they“re releasing some mp3 player thingy for it.. )

I bought my PSP for the extra options, I can listen to music and watch video“s on it, too, which I think is really cool. And, like the DS, it has an online multi player option.
Though I hardly ever use it to play games. laugh.gif
The downside is the lack of onboard memory and it“s friggin expensive..

I really can“t choose between the two of them, I like them equally tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.