Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Xenosaga
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Game
Pages: 1, 2
Askari0
Really awesome game also ep.2 is comin out soon and it looks amazing cept the chars models have been changed
K1ller0fs0uls
great game...i'm stuck on the last boss... the damn thing won't stop using that attack that does 1,500 to everyone...
Quistis88
I have yet to finish this game, but I'm quite close. I was at Proto Merkabah, last time I checked.

Wonderful soundtrack though. Yasunori Mitsuda is my hero. Too bad he didn't score Episode II, but Yuki Kajiura still did great.

The character designs for Episode II has changed, yes, and I think I like those ones better. Less anime-like, especially with the eyes of the main characters. Makes things a tiny bit more realistic, in a sense.
Mike
The battle thingys abit wierd...

im not really sure where abouts i am in the game i dont think that far....
im up to that dude how ur in the encephalon(i think thats what its called) and u go into the church and u see the zombies and that guy thats like jr.

Geez, I don't know if Aus has even released ep.1 but i got it from malaysia. It's 15th aniversery addition does that make it any different from the normal game?
Quistis88
Mike, please do not triple post. I have merged all of them.

THERE IS AN EDIT BUTTON. TO YOUR RIGHT. IT'S BLUE, BESIDE ALL THE OTHER BLUE BUTTONS.
Mike
:Derrr I didnt triple post..... as far as I know im only posting once. huh.gif
Chibi Viki
First of all, being a HUGE fan of Xenogears... the game where Xenosaga spawned from... this game was a HUGE disappointment. Everything that made Xenogears such an incredible adventure was gone. I felt no empathy for any of the characters and was not even excited by Citan-look-a-like character. The story was... wasn't as interesting.

FYI, Xenogears used to be from squaresoft and was made by the same guys behind Chrono Trigger. The rights were sold to Namco who made Xenosaga... the supposedly episode 1 of the Xenogears story (thus the term 'saga') that's why I was so concerned about its relation to xenogears.

I'm not looking forward to ep 2.
RolfKaese
offtopic: VIKI! you're still alive? <3
Chibi Viki
offtopic: VIKI! you're still alive? <3

what? you don't want me here? |:S

anyway, going back to the topic... i just heard that zenosaga has it's anime version. haven't seen it yet though, but i've seen available torrent downloads for ep 1 and 2.
Quistis88
I've seen the 2 episodes of the animated version. Follows very closely to the game, and I do mean VERY close (environments and fleet designs are exactly the same as the in-game ones). It's like a visualization of the entire plot. And the artwork . . . I don't like it at all. mellow.gif At least they still retained the seiyuus from the game and transferred them over to that animated version.
Chibi Viki
oh well... i would have died happy if i heard that XENOGEARS got animated instead. i played that game more than 3x already and I still want to play it... the battle mode is a bit tedious and gets boring though. but the story and characters are enough to keep me at the edge of my seat. If you are a religious fanatic or conservative, then this game isn't for you.
Quistis88
I've been looking for a copy of Xenogears ever since I heard that Square Enix apparently made a re-re-release. Haven't had much luck though. sad.gif
hitokiri
quis, here
Quistis88
Haha, I know I can get it off eBay, but I don't really (want to) use eBay. Thank you anyway though. smile.gif
hitokiri
eh... my personal philosophy is when can't find something to the place with the most random crap for sale. but i do understand that certain people don't trust ebay...
Quistis88
Well, for me, it's not really the trust factor. I have this friend who is eBay-crazy and he hasn't had any problems, so of course, I am also under the impression that it's rather safe.

But it's just that I've been too lazy to start an account. biggrin.gif If I didn't start one then, might as well not start one now, so I don't even bother. Maybe someday I might. *shrugs*
Chibi Viki
what's the diff bet the rerelease and the original version?
Quistis88
No difference, I don't think. Only the cover of the game would have "SQUARE ENIX" instead of "SQUARESOFT." biggrin.gif
K1ller0fs0uls
I already beat xenogeras and trdade in at EB games... they gave me 40 dollars for it!
sence the last time i posted i tried to fight the last boss again and got my ass wopped 2ce... can someone help me?
Dancing Alchemist
Xenosaga is a very cool game. I dont have it though I just go over my cousin's house and play it.
Crimson_sacrificed_Alchemist
Xenosaga is my fav! game i'v beat it a few times i cant wait for the second one to come out!
Ryuji1314
I can't wait till Xenosaga 2, I've beaten 1 three times and I've already reserved 2,

ONLY 2 WEEKS LEFT PEOPLE AND THEN WE ARE GOING TO PLAY A HEAVENLY GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Crimson_sacrificed_Alchemist
QUOTE(Ryuji1314 @ Feb 5 2005, 12:17 PM)

ONLY 2 WEEKS LEFT PEOPLE AND THEN WE ARE GOING TO PLAY A HEAVENLY GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[snapback]107063[/snapback]

YAY!!!! I CANT WAIT IVE BEEN COUNTING DOWN THE DAYS SINCE LAST YEAR!!!
THE MOST HEAVENLY GAME IN THE WORLD (well i think it is at least)
I cant wait for it to come out!!! Yay laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Ryuji1314
I was mistaken,

WE HAVE ONE WEEK LEFT PEOPLE!!!!
anime geekO_o
QUOTE(Ryuji1314 @ Feb 6 2005, 02:53 PM)
I was mistaken,

WE HAVE ONE WEEK LEFT PEOPLE!!!!
[snapback]107921[/snapback]

yay! too bad i can't buy it ( i don't have any money to buy it) sad.gif
Celestial Shadow
QUOTE(K1ller0fs0uls @ Jan 18 2005, 09:00 AM)
great game...i'm stuck on the last boss... the damn thing won't stop using that attack that does 1,500 to everyone...
[snapback]89860[/snapback]

At least I'm not the only having this problem dry.gif
ed's numbuh 1 fan
QUOTE(K1ller0fs0uls @ Jan 26 2005, 05:51 PM)
I already beat xenogeras and trdade in at EB games... they gave me 40 dollars for it!
sence the last time i posted i tried to fight the last boss again and got my ass wopped 2ce... can someone help me?
[snapback]98045[/snapback]

i Was having problems too i would help you 'cause i beat both games(yay for me!!)but i used cheats on both of them rolleyes.gif;;

may i recamend Action Replay or Game shark? smile.gif
Popogeejo
ADV Films Licenses Xenosaga Anime
In an exclusive announcement on IGN.com, ADV Films has confirmed its license of Toei Animation's 12-episode adaptation of Xenosaga, the best-selling NAMCO Bandai role-playing game trilogy. The first of three DVDs for Xenosaga will be released on September 11, and IGN is now featuring an interview with Takao Yoshizawa, the producer of the series.
http://uk.dvd.ign.com/articles/797/797704p1.html
Triple Soul
Popo, you have my eternal love for reviving this. wub.gif [Though me and my short attention span didn't notice 'til now...]

That being said, the date of the first DVD release gets me. 9/11? That can't be good. blink.gif

I had heard it was relatively mediocre in comparison to your standard mecha anime...I still indeed am looking forward to finally seeing it, however. Though, I do hope the original VAs from the game take part. I'll be torn if that isn't the case. [if that IGN article says anything about it, I won't know, my computer is being screwy and I'm not about to try to open it up].

And now for something more [ir]relevant:

XENOSAGA FWEEEEEEEEEHDDFJKHKJFDSHAVHFJKFD <33

...That will be all.
Hanozo
Ed Numbuh 1 fan:*gasp* A true gamer never uses cheat devices until they beat the game tongue.gif

Anyways I was dissapointed in the ending of the Third game when there was orignally supposed to be 6 TT_TT
Also the 12 episodes can be easily watched at www.animeepisodes.net and some other animes as well happy.gif
Carnal Malefactor
laugh.gif

2nd day playing ep. 3, and the connections to Xenogears start smacking me in the face big-time.

Abel is so adorable. XD
Triple Soul
Speaking of episode three...I'm real close to beating it. o_o Maybe about three hours worth of gameplay from beiting it...and yet, I've been slacking off...

*kicks Tales of the Abyss* D:< Your failt.

D: What Dimitri does to Abel later is sad. ;_; [Get your mind out of the gutter you freaking yaoi fangirls >_>]
Carnal Malefactor

I am UDO... what do you desire from the world?

XD
Triple Soul
What do I desire?

"I'd like a hamburger--no, I want a cheese burger. I want a hot dog, I want a milkshake, I want-"

"YOU'LL GET NOTHING AND LIKE IT!"

Okey, useless knowledge of movie quotes aside...

Speaking of, I need to get Xenogears lyk nao. Though it's nearly impossible to find now, though I vaugely remember seeing it at Gamestop a few years back...aah, those were the days...why on Earth I had minimal knowledge of the series then is beyond me. =/
Carnal Malefactor
I have a copy of Xenogears. Have had it since it was first released in '98. What's it worth to you? biggrin.gif
Triple Soul
...Crap, you got me.

Times like this I wish I had a job, lawl.

Well, if all else fails...eBay. Though with my luck I'd get lied to and someone send me some pirated pr0n disc or summat.

...Where do all these zany ideas in my head come from? I need to lay off the freaking soda. That or I just need to stop being paranoid.

I'll just stick with the Xenosaga trilogy until I magically sneeze myself a copy of Xenogears. >>
Carnal Malefactor
I was seriously considering putting mine on ebay... but heh... now I don't know. =3

I've played through it like 5 or 6 times, so I can't really get anything more out of it, ya know?
Triple Soul
Oh you tease me D:

I keep all my games. I value them all far too much, even if some of the old ones suck. ._. *oddball*
Carnal Malefactor
$45 and it's yours. Whaddya say? =3

It's in excellent condition. Even the original manual is still intact.
Triple Soul
...Foo, you're making it too tempting. D:

Well, the offer will be taken into consideration with my next allowance paycheck.
Ailuro
QUOTE(Triple Soul @ Jul 5 2007, 02:18 PM) [snapback]559173[/snapback]
...Foo, you're making it too tempting. D:

Well, the offer will be taken into consideration with my next allowance paycheck.

Do eet~! Roman hardly ever offers anything that good to anyone!
Triple Soul
I guess I should feel special. ._.

Seriously though, I'm broke laugh.gif Though I am considering it.
Carnal Malefactor
[rubs hands together in classic villanous manner]

e-e-e-e-e-e-excellent... biggrin.gif
Triple Soul
Oh God.

Don't blow it, now. D:
Ailuro
QUOTE(Abstruse Eulogy @ Jul 5 2007, 04:04 PM) [snapback]559205[/snapback]
[rubs hands together in classic villanous manner]

e-e-e-e-e-e-excellent... biggrin.gif

I said don't fail me! Stop scaring her! >0
Carnal Malefactor
What? It's just an innocent mannerism. My intentions are pure!
Triple Soul
THAT'S WHAT THEY ALL SAY!

D:<

...My, how we've gone off topic.

*on topic*

Ma Belle Peche. :D
Carnal Malefactor
It's ever-so-much fun trying to explain Albedo's wacky pseudopedophilic relationship with MOMO to those who don't know. XD
Triple Soul
*nods in agreement and shivers*

Me and a friend of mine dubbed him a "Pechephile". >.> Get it? Peche...phile...yeah. I THOUGHT IT WAS FUNNY D:
Carnal Malefactor
laugh.gif & Mai/Leupold

Gee, I wonder whose ancestors THEY are! XD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.