Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fma Movie Staff Interview Vid
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > FMA Conqueror of Shambala Movie
Pages: 1, 2
KevLar
QUOTE(Ghost @ Jan 14 2005, 06:07 PM)
My assumption about the "pain" comment was merely that they hope to create intense drama in the film.

It's in keeping with the rest of the series: So-and-so dies. They're back to life! They're dead again. This guy's happier than he's ever been; his wife dies. Small children playing in the street -DEAD! Little birdy flies abou-DEAD! KITTENS! DEAD KITTENS! So-and-so is stricken blind, then wanders into the river and drowns. Then is eaten by alligators. Then the alligator dies from poisoning. Boy meets girl. Boy and girl fall in love. Girl turns out to be animated corpse of best friend's sister, murdered last year by psychopath. Long lost love of main character's life runs around corner into character's loving arms AND EXPLODES INTO A GORY MESS!!

Obviously, these aren't specific examples. These are just examples of things that wouldn't seem out of place happening in Hagaren. Seriously it's one of the most 'painful' shows I've ever seen. So in that respect, I assume they're just trying to match the kind of gutwrenching, heart-stomping drama we've all come to expect.

It's called angst. tongue.gif
Barako
T_T It won't let me save the trailer! Damnit... and it doesn't play right otherwise...
Aileon
Barako: Press the right button of your mouse and click "save as" ^^ Anyways, if you prefer, I can zip the file and upload again ;D
Ghost
QUOTE(KevLar @ Jan 15 2005, 03:06 AM)
It's called angst. tongue.gif

Quite.

My friends and I have running jokes about how relentlessly sad this show is. You have to start laughing or else you'll start crying.
...Hey that makes a good quote! (I'm so humble)
Asa
Thanks for uploading the trailer and wow, I can't wait for the movie. Also I basically like all of the songs, though my fav out of all of the FMA songs is "Brothers".

And yay for Paku Romi still voicing Ed!!!!!!!!!!!! ^^

Ah, and the whole "pain" comment....the angst we've seen so far is going to be worse, I take it? Youch. ^^U
Ghost
Bet it makes me cry. (I never cry)

Except in the first five minutes of Oliver & Co. but that's because the little sad kitten almost drowns and thinks that nobody loves him. For some reason I weep every time. I'm unable to build emotional callouses when it comes to baby kitties, it would seem. Even animated ones.

Oh and, more recently, the Lord of the Rings movies. But only on, like, my fifth or so time seeing them. Before that they were just decent movies. But one day I watched them by myself and noticed, for the first time, how incredibly depressing that story is.

One episode of Wolf's Rain almost made me cry, but didn't. The movie God and Monsters made me weep like a baby, but only the second time I saw it. And once, a long time ago, some retarded kids movie about a panda. I cried in that, and I honestly couldn't tell you why. Maybe I was PMSing.

But that's it. Over the course of my entire life, that's all the fiction I've gotten weepy over. Five things. Ever. But I bet, if anyone could do it, it'd be FMA.

Fullmetal Alchemist: "Aspiring to be the saddest goddamn thing ever."
Sycia
It may be sad, but seeing the main characters move forth the way they do really makes you admire them as they grow up~
bryantq
QUOTE(Omakase Shimasu @ Jan 13 2005, 01:29 PM)
@Quistis: Elysia~ biggrin.gif Before I say anymore, how old is she at the end of the series again? (It could happen if she's not a toddler anymore - just have to wait a few years)

@bryantq: o.o Were you referring to Quistis' post or mine? (I'm praying it was mine X3) laugh.gif And what pray tell is so bad about being an Edward fanboy? (Inwardly I'm rejoicing tongue.gif)
[snapback]83112[/snapback]

Responding to yours wink.gif LOL sigh...
Omakase Shimasu
OK, so, you know, I've died and like, gone to shonen-ai heaven. XDDD

Seriously, what were you smoking when you said that? tongue.gif
Whoa, Kase when did you go spec-ops? Is that new or did I just not notice?
Ghost
Oops, that was me.

Edit: Oh dammit, now I've gone over the next page.
Omakase Shimasu
biggrin.gif bryant just added the title. Isn't it spiffy? ^^
aeva
If the movie was to take place between eps, then isn't the wording of the trailer a bit off? For Ed to say "Was the pain of our seperation the price for something?" seems to imply, at least to me, that it takes place after the series finale. Then again, I don't understand how he's able to use alchemy. Soo. Am I totally missing something??
Omakase Shimasu
You're as 'in the dark' about it as we are, unfortunately. -.- The interview didn't let mcuh slip either. >_>
Dark State
I appreciate the translations....so wow, a sequel biggrin.gif fantastic news

or is he just pulling our legs?

I geuss we will have to wait and see laugh.gif
Guest_RABiD SeSShY_*
Wow. I'm glad I can now be sure that there most deffently IS going to be a movie. I'm really happy with the tranclations you've done. Very spiffy. But, the directer and producer seemed a little tence with the interview. But thats just me talking biggrin.gif :]
Its really nice to have people work hard for the other people on this website, and know its not just the moderators ph34r.gif
*Thinks to self* I might be mistaten, but I dunno if you're a Moderator unsure.gif blink.gif x.x;;
mitigated
sad.gif omfg, i just finished watching every episoded from 1-51

does this movie bring ed back from beyond the 'gate' ..

will they start making new episodes?

i dont think i can a prequel
Sycia
QUOTE(Guest_RABiD SeSShY_* @ Feb 9 2005, 12:21 AM)
Wow. I'm glad I can now be sure that there most deffently IS going to be a movie. I'm really happy with the tranclations you've done. Very spiffy. But, the directer and producer seemed a little tence with the interview. But thats just me talking :D :]
Its really nice to have people work hard for the other people on this website, and know its not just the moderators :ph34r:
*Thinks to self* I might be mistaten, but I dunno if you're a Moderator :unsure: :blink: x.x;;
[snapback]109093[/snapback]

I'd be happier with the translations if the staff (of FMA) actually let anything out. :|

PS: I'm not a moderator, just someone who reports the news (though I suppose you could count me in with the staff?)~
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.