Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Angel Sanctuary (天使禁猟区; Tenshi Kinryouku)
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Manga > Let's discuss your fav manga series here!
Pages: 1, 2
Thievesvinegar
agreed.

dude, if uriel is the guardian, I wouldn't mind going to hell.

Dpes anyone know how long Viz takes in releasing the volumes?
Celestial Shadow
And if Kira is Satan then I wouldn't mind goin' either tongue.gif

Kihaku, you know the secret about Kira and Michael? ph34r.gif
Kihaku
QUOTE (Celestial Fangirl @ May 7 2005, 05:40 PM)
And if Kira is Satan then I wouldn't mind goin' either tongue.gif

Heh.. me too.. kind of...
Anyway.. why does it seem to me as if heaven is the "evil side" and hell the "good side" ???? The "good guys" are in hell? tongue.gif

Kihaku, you know the secret about Kira and Michael?  ph34r.gif

yeah wink.gif. that's why I thought it was interesting that they were your two favourite characters wink.gif.
I liked that about them.. That made the story veery interesting for me wink.gif.

Gosh.. I don't remember how long time ago it was when I read that... should get back to that soon...
Celestial Shadow
@Kihaku: I guess it's because she made the angels corrupt that they seem bad...and when you have an evil angel, and a demon trying to stop that evil angel, well suddenly the demon seems good.

And yeah, Michael and Kira were my faves before I knew the "secret". So when I did find out I was like " laugh.gif Awesome"
DarkWater Alchemist
QUOTE(Thievesvinegar @ May 7 2005, 04:17 AM)
dude, if uriel is the guardian, I wouldn't mind going to hell.
[snapback]167834[/snapback]

Word. Uriel is loverly ^^

I read vol 7 now, teee- Michael is funny, and I wanna see more of Raphael ^^ Kaori Yuki always surprises me with her art - it's so gorgeous ^^ I should be drawing more to get rid of my silly style *sniff*

Uhm, I buy them from an online bookstore, but one in my own counry... You should just try Amazon or some other online bookstore. I only know some Belgian and Dutch ones.
Kihaku
Hmm.. I think they're released in the middle of the month... but I suppose it depends.. some stores have them earlier, some later...

Heh.. there are many "secrets" in AS wink.gif.... some are surprising and some aren't...

Hmm.. good point about the demon thing.. although the "evil" angels are on the side of the demons, so they're demons then(kind of) right?

I like Raphael too wink.gif. he has also a more prominent role later.. I'm still thinking if I like Lucifer or not.. Hmm.. have to probably read further. tongue.gif (basically I should like him tongue.gif)
Celestial Shadow
I dunno about Lucifer myself...

About the angels thing, I would assume they could be counted as good angels...?
Thievesvinegar
I'm on chapter 16 and damn, it's getting good. My friends can't believe that I'm actually looking at a shojo, but this is hella good.
Kihaku
Wow, you otherwise don't like shoujo??? Interesting....
I really, reallly like shoujo... although it depends. AS is a little different in many ways....

Good angels, bad angels.... The fallen angels are supposed to be "evil" I guess... but it doesn't always seem that way. yeah, I suppose it depends on whose side one is on.. like in war.
MetalEncryptions
Oh...I love Angel Sanctuary! The drawings and the story are so vivid...they are wonderful. I only have Volume 1 but I have yet to get Volume 2.
Thievesvinegar
QUOTE (Kihaku @ May 17 2005, 10:57 AM)
Wow, you otherwise don't like shoujo??? Interesting....
I really, reallly like shoujo... although it depends. AS is a little different in many ways....

Good angels, bad angels.... The fallen angels are supposed to be "evil" I guess... but it doesn't always seem that way. yeah, I suppose it depends on whose side one is on.. like in war.

Not quite. I think AS does a good job in depeicting that both sides are the same, look at heaven when its supposed to be...all that is holy and good but you see Sevi, rape happening, raphael, an angel for gods sakes, going all jealous, michael and his baddassness that i love and tons of other unholy acts. Meaning that in any war, it doens't really matter what side you're on, its all subjective. Fuck war. It's all about power and the dead.

OT: Has anyone seen the anime of AS? Any good?
Kihaku
Um.. I think that's what I meant probably.. smile.gif Well, that the fallen angels are "evil" from the side of heaven.. but that bascially both sides are wrong and right.

OT: I saw the anime ages ago.. It was pretty.. but I don't remember much of it. Also it hardly covered anything of the manga.. I think it was the happening before enetering the "celestial world".
Thievesvinegar
Ah. Well, finally finished it. Kihaku, are you satisfied with the ending? There wasn't much of a boom in the end for me. But I just loved the mad hatter in her last scene. That was just too awsome.
Celestial Shadow
As far as I know, Kihaku didn't finish it did she? blink.gif And the ending seemed rather...normal and maybe boring? From what I read of it.

OT: My friend who introduced me to AS said the anime took away any humor in the show (which is good or bad, depending on what you like) and hardly covered anything. She also thought it was drawn alot worse than the manga but couldn't blame the animators, since the artists' style is so hard to imitate. But these are her opinions, not mine biggrin.gif
Kihaku
Oh gosh.. you guys finished it already?!!!?
Oh, I've read just 16 volumes... I'm still trying to finish it slowly slowly wink.gif.
There isn't much of a suprise ending then? i was expecting something.. but well.. I'll see when/if I finish it. smile.gif

OT: I liked the art in the anime smile.gif but well the manga is always something else.
Celestial Shadow
Oh no, I didn't finish it...The ending just got spoilerized for me. I think the ending could be a surprise, it's your own decision whether it's a good one or bad one though.
MetalEncryptions
Oh...I got Angel Sanctuary Vol. 2 yesterday! I'm almost done with it. Its very good so far...
Thievesvinegar
Thanks for answering my question, Omakase even if I still don't get it. The whole smaller size thing seems pointless.

QUOTE (MetalEncryptions @ May 22 2005, 06:50 PM) *
Oh...I got Angel Sanctuary Vol. 2 yesterday! I'm almost done with it. Its very good so far...

Really? I thought that the first 5 volumes blew. It got so bad for me that I almost stopped the whole series together. Thankfully, it got better later.

Anyways.........................have I not ranted about Belial yet? I swear, the Mad Hatter was what kept me going through the whole series. Well, her and Lucifer...and Michael. Isn't it such a pity, I wished Kaori Yuki gave her more scenes. What she represented was just admirable, pathetic, but still admirable. Being asexual, mad hatter was still hot. Goes to show you how demeanor accounts for more than the physical body.
DarkWater Alchemist
o_O Finished it already o_O I'm still going to wait for the VIZ pockets smile.gif There's enough to read anyway ^^

I never thought I would like shoujo either, but well... AS, YnM, Count Cain, Gravitation... all shoujo after all XD

OT: The anime tells the story of what happens in vols 1 to half in vol 4 - where it also says 'game over or continue'. Sadly, the anime ends there, and I can't find any other reasons than that they somehow had to stop the project. It doesn't look like it's supposed to be the end at all anyway.

Celestial Shadow
Rosiel should've been asexual if you ask me...
Kihaku
Yeah... definitely. He was probably the most feminine character in the series..
Anyways.. I thought angels in general are genderless.. I suppose it depends how one likes to think. *shrugs*
Celestial Shadow
QUOTE(Kihaku @ Jun 7 2005, 09:41 AM)
Yeah... definitely. He was probably the most feminine character in the series..
Anyways.. I thought angels in general are genderless.. I suppose it depends how one likes to think. *shrugs*
[snapback]186733[/snapback]

Yeah but you know what gender they at least seem, or claim to be...

And that cosplay seems like it'd be really hard blink.gif
MetalEncryptions
Today I just got Angel Sanctuary Vols. 4-6! I'm now reading Vol. 4! I'm sad. Cause Sara dies... I hope she comes back to life.
Kihaku
heh.. I finally finished this series.. a while ago.. but I might need to reread it later. There are a few things that had be confused and I can't decide if the ending was happy or not. tongue.gif *hits head*. At times I was in the story and at times I just forced my self to read on.. I guess reading on the comp can be a bit hard when I'm not that into what I'm reading. I recently read vol 1 as a book(not on the screen) and really liked it much better. It ws easier to enjoy and I feel like I appreciate the series more then. wink.gif.
DarkWater Alchemist
*wants to cosplay as Mad Hatter* laugh.gif

But her clothes are always different. I like these though: clicky

Is pocket size not just the original size? Like the VIZ vols. Ah whatever. Pocket is fine.

I am going to cosplay Mad Hatter at Abunai! The costume's almost finished - it's not a perfect fit, but well, I had to design everything myself. I'll post a pic later (remind me if I forget;) ) And I'll buy vol 8 and 9 there too smile.gif

*ordered vol 8* They didn't have it at the convention anymoooore, neither did they have Gravi 6 sad.gif Anyway, ordered that too XD

I've got cosplay pictures saved on my pc, but I still have to resize them and put them in my photobucket or something (can't even resize anything on this lame pc >_< ).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.