Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: More Movie News
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > FMA Conqueror of Shambala Movie
Sycia
In this month's Animage (Jpn), there was an article featuring Fullmetal Alchemist with a little news on the movie. I'll just pick out what's important (not translating the whole thing this time)

==============================

IPB Image

"Producer Mizushima hinted in last month's interview that while Edward AFTER the season finale will be drawn, there will be parts that showcase the Hagaren world, as well as sections that were never featured in the actual series itself."

"From the latest trailer of the movie, we see Huskinson (the guy in the mask) trying to prove his might through a battle with Edward, who retaliates with alchemy..."

==============================

This only opens up more questions to the fans, like who is Huskinson? What is he holding in the above picture?

Sources
Animage, Feb 2005 (Jpn) >> (link)
In other words, the whole movie is a ...

Hoenheim: So we should bond now more Ed. So tell me son, how were your adventures?
Ed: Well... there was this time in Shambala...
*fades....*
Ed:THIS IS OUR WORLD!!! blah blah blah
Al: Nee-san!!!
*70 minute flash back ends*
Ed: So that's it.
Hoenheim: Interesting.
Ed: Yep now all I'm going to do is to build this rocket and we can blast back through the ether into the wormhole, causing a space-time dimensional cross-flux that will push us through the 56th Dimensional barrier known by you old fogies as the Gate, and I'll be back to see Al!!!

---THE END--- (until the next movie)
Sycia
lol. Hard to say. I've not exactly read through all the interviews Mizushima has done. But there won't be another movie.

Ps: Nee-san means Big sister. o_O
lol at guest's prediction

QUOTE(Sycia @ Jan 10 2005, 12:44 AM)
"Producer Mizushima hinted in last month's interview that while Edward AFTER the season finale will be drawn,  there will be parts that showcase the Hagaren world, as well as sections that were never featured in the actual series itself."

Ok, so this is saying that there will be a part in the Hagaren world and a section that has never been seen. This new section can't be "our world" since we've seen it in the series. How many dimensions does this gate have?

Now I have a feeling that the movie is about Al and Ed reuniting only to have to chase Envy across the gate, which takes them to a different dimension every time. One of these dimensions being in the past, hense the teaser. Sounds kinda cool actually. ohmy.gif
Sycia
o_O That sounds like Sliders.

I don't think they'll be travelling worlds, because there's this island (Shambala) that I think the story's mostly based in...
KevLar
QUOTE(Guest @ Jan 10 2005, 04:30 AM)
lol at guest's prediction

QUOTE(Sycia @ Jan 10 2005, 12:44 AM)
"Producer Mizushima hinted in last month's interview that while Edward AFTER the season finale will be drawn,  there will be parts that showcase the Hagaren world, as well as sections that were never featured in the actual series itself."

Ok, so this is saying that there will be a part in the Hagaren world and a section that has never been seen. This new section can't be "our world" since we've seen it in the series. How many dimensions does this gate have?

Now I have a feeling that the movie is about Al and Ed reuniting only to have to chase Envy across the gate, which takes them to a different dimension every time. One of these dimensions being in the past, hense the teaser. Sounds kinda cool actually. ohmy.gif

forgot to sign in. dry.gif

Well i'm quite sure it'll be either a variation of my theory or the first guest's theory. Since Ed post-series is shown. Btw, why do I think that the movie "takes place 2 years after the series ends". Where did i get that info from? (bad memory) tongue.gif
Sycia
Two years after? Someone said it was from one of the Japanese magazines. I can't confirm it because I didn't get that particular magazine that month...

>_<' If Guest's prediction comes true, I'll be rounding up people to riot at BONE's studio... (which isn't too far from where I live hehe).

: | Well... whatever it is, just hope they don't leave us hanging again. *Wonders how long the movie will be...*
Omakase Shimasu
Great going, Sycia-neechan~ Now you've got me even more confuzzled! @.@ Huskinson...? Husky... - hm, I'll be calling him Husky from now on - Husky is really someone from the Hagaren world then? Why the name Huskinson? tongue.gif And to repeat your earlier question: what is that thing Husky's holding? It looks like a bomb... kinda. Oooh, so this film will likely be something like a double-plot-plot. The flashbacks will be the basis for a new evil he has to face in London.. or something... -.- Buuu~ I don't know.

I guess the movie will be something like 100+ mins, since most movies are: Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust, Cowboy Bebop the Movie, X the Movie~ biggrin.gif
Sycia
Kaeshi-chan~ Hmm the article doesn't state where Huskinson comes from. That thing he's holding bothered me the moment I saw it. Why? Because it looks too similiar to something from Steamboy (an animated feature film released last year in Japan by the people who did Akira). Click here to see the original roundish thing.... I didn't watch Steamboy, so have no idea what that round thing is.

Most animated movies are about 80 minutes - 90 minutes long, but Cowboy Bebop spanned about 2 hours. :D I hope Hagaren gets 120 minutes too~
Henteilord
hi im new
Omakase Shimasu
@Sycia: ohmy.gif You're absolutely right, the similarities between the two are uncanny. Hopefully Husky won't turn out to be Steamboy... biggrin.gif;; But maybe Bones did 'steal' that 'device' from the Steamboat movie? It does look like something they might have used in one of the World Wars... (^^;; I can't remember my History lessons.. I'm pathetic)

ph34r.gif 80 minutes?? That'll never be enough. Let's pray for those 120 minutes together then!

@Henteilord: Nice to meet you, but this really isn't the thread for introductions. biggrin.gif;; (Create a new topic with your intro in Spam Central or post a reply in the Newcomers thread in Open Chat. wink.gif)
lialiakicks
Crap, if the movie is only 80-90 min long, I think we can suspect a rushed ending like episode 51! >_< Grrr....

And this "Husky" (lol) person is bothering me... WHO THE FUDGE IS HE?!?! Gah.... @_@
kyoribuki
ok.. lets see the facts:

Its supposed that the "center piece" of this movie is the fight between Ed and Husky right?, and in this fight we see Ed wearing his Suit from the Hagaren World, plus he recovered his arm. This means (at least thats what i think) that in some point before the middle of the movie Ed is gonna come back to the Hagaren World.

Then, Ed looses his leg because of transmutating his mother, as Al loose his body, and Ed loose his arm when he put Al's soul in the armor. SOOO.. theres a tiny lil chance that Ed in this trailer, Ed has his human leg and the metal arm, and the scenes that we see of Al like an armor are flashbacks.

Altough it might be possible that Ed has his metal arm and leg and Al is in the armor body again because Ed went to the Hagaern World, and as we saw: the only reason that saved Ed and put him into our world were these two brothers adventures (including the transmutation of Eds mom). So (i guess) that if Ed comes back to the Hagaren World the effects are gonna go backwards.

Husky must be from the Hagaren world, because in this world doesnt exist alchemy... well, who knows right? but thats why i think. plus.. you can see his cloths... that is defetnely not from our world..

That thing that Husky has in his hand is (i gues) either some kind of Bomb or another philosophal stone.

And a commentary about lialiakicks post: I dont think it was a rush ending. because i felt like the end began in chapter 49 actually. And if you are speaking about Eds scenes in our world.. i could say that these last few minutes are an introduction for the movie more than the animes end.
Kamui
was wondering if anyone knows how Al got back in his armor suit did they spoil that part anywere yet? im dying to know!
Sycia
Nope. No one knows. BONES hasn't released any info on it.
Kamui
lol i see thnx im dying to see the movie tongue.gif FMA is my favorite series well an X or X tv wat ever u wanna call it there best animes ever smile.gif
Wesley_hall
QUOTE(Kamui @ Jan 12 2005, 11:54 AM)
was wondering if anyone knows how Al got back in his armor suit did they spoil that part anywere yet? im dying to know!
[snapback]82204[/snapback]

Yeah! I was wondering that too.
Aqua_Alchemist
^^ *speculation* his suit was left in the gate, it's likely someone else is possesing it now. Or the old Al may have returned, we'll have to wait and see...
animejunkie429800
hey Sycia u no how u said that nee-san is Little Sister? well i asked my Japenese frend and she said its Older brother not little sister!

PS nee-CHAN is little sis.... mad.gif
Tobu Ishi
QUOTE(animejunkie429800 @ Feb 4 2005, 07:11 AM)
hey Sycia u no how u said that nee-san is Little Sister? well i asked my Japenese frend and she said its Older brother not little sister!

PS nee-CHAN is little sis....  mad.gif
[snapback]106431[/snapback]

Er...ahem. Here, as a fifth-year student of the Japanese language, lemme set you straight.

Oniisan (pronounced oh-NEE-sahn): older brother
(Variants: Niisan, niichan, ani, aniki, aniue. Al calls Ed "niisan"; he called him "niichan", the more childish-sounding equivalent, in flashbacks to their pre-metal youth. Nina called Ed "chicchai oniisan", or "little older brother", and Al "ookii oniisan", or "big older brother". Children in the series, such as the small girl on the train in episode 4, often refer to the brothers as "niisan" or some variant, because it is the custom in Japan to call young men older than yourself by the honorifics you would give to a brother.)

Oneesan (pronounced oh-NAY-sahn): older sister
(Variants: Neesan, neechan, ane, aneki, aneue. Elysia and other small children often call Winry by this title, for the same reasons that they refer to Ed and Al as "niisan". Ed and Al made a quick and desperate switch to this honorific after Izumi nearly killed them for calling her "obaasan", or "grandma" at their first meeting, a term more appropriate for Pinako.)

And, incidentally:

Otouto: little brother
(Since this is a lower position, older siblings generally call their otouto by their first names, without any kind of honorific, except sometimes the affectionate "-chan". Hence Ed calls Al simply "Al".)

Imouto: little sister
(Same rules as otouto.)

Somewhat off-topic, I know, but the mixups are bugging me to no end. Hope that made things a bit clearer.
Sycia
QUOTE(animejunkie429800 @ Feb 5 2005, 01:11 AM)

PS nee-CHAN is little sis....  :angry:
[snapback]106431[/snapback]

Excuse me, when did I say 'little sister'? I said older sister. Please refer back to my post and read carefully. And little sister is imouto.
Fullmetal Fangirl
hey is dis thread abt the movie? ....DOES ROY MARRY RIZA, DOES ROY MARRY RIZA, DOES HE DOES HE DOES HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE?!

http://www.square-enix.com/games/FMA/ : go to game features then cut-scenes, check out riza wif glasses...and roys so hot, even tho he looks the same, o well, hes still hot *faints*
Aqua_Alchemist
^^ Nah I reckon he'll have a fling (that terminology comes with reading catcher in the rye as a set text...beware!!) with her, get her pregnant, then leave her, that would mix the story up suffieciently (and cause a few suicides!!) I believe lol smile.gif

^^ How wil Roy where glasses though, he will have no need of one eye, he'll have to where an eye-glass!!
Chiyo
Well I certainly hope that doesn't happen.

Perhaps the advert (trailer) is a flashback or somesuch. Perhaps it's referring an episode we were never meant to see as it would confuse the series. Then the rest of the film comes up to date to explain events that happened and what is happeneing about them now.

Perhaps, but I'm not too good at predictions.
Aqua_Alchemist
Well I certainly hope that doesn't happen.

No, I disagree, I reckon FMA, needs something 'sucked' (lol Gashole) up, like EVA in the movie. Only joking, I hope it will keep up with the quality of the series though, and not let fame get to the heads of studio bones.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.