Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Strange & Embarassing Moments
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Open Talk
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Goldfish
I don't remeber exactly when this was, but sometime early elementary. I was playing on the monkey bars and jungle gym with some friends with a bunch of other kids around. I got the most awesomest idea to tie a rope on the middle of the bars and proceed to swing across. Fun. Yeah until my like first grade knot tieing abilities showed up in full form.

It came undone halfway through a swing and I fell about 8 or 9 feet onto rocks. Not gravel. I don't who designed this playground. Someone who has it out for little kids im sure. Anyway, somehow gravity knew my weakness at the time, and I landed right on my tailbone. All the kids who had saw this started laughing their heads off. I was pretty embarrassed, so to shrug it off I started to laugh with them, you know, soften the mental blow.

Only I couldn't. First time the wind ever was knocked out of me, and I thought it was something more serious than it was. So I start walking off trying force laughter from lungs that didnt work. I barely got onto the grass and proceeded to pass out, and dreamt about fairies and unicorns and long walks on the moon. I think it may have been around five minutes.

Now the strange part is, I'm sure none of these kids have seen a dead kid DIEING before, as im sure they might have been thinking, but they had all aparantly gone on playing, including my friends. Now that's not all that bad, I'm not going to cry about that.

But when I got up and started home, I noticed one of the little angels had stolen one of my shoes.
Quistis88
Believe it or not, but the most embarassing accounts I have to share is that of me spilling something in public and having to clean it up. Other than that, I don't seem to have any embarassing moments at all. None that I can remember right now anyway, because if it was embarassing enough, I know I'd remember it.

Strange/eerie/creepy/stupid things happen a lot though. Especially back in Chinese school. A few years back during recess at said school, some boy came up to me and said, "Hi, babe!" I found that derogatory and proceeded to make some intimate contact between my boot and his shin. He never spoke to me again after he limped away.

Something painful that I do remember though, is the lingering scar on the back of my left knee, the result of a careless action on a motorbike. That's right, kids! Quistis on a motorbike! Bet you never expected that pseudonym and that noun in the same sentence!

But no, I wasn't doing the driving. Anyway, this happened when I was about 4 years old or so in China. My uncle, the owner of the bike, took my cousin and I out for a little ride. After it was over, he went to help my cousin off the bike.

Thinking that I could save him some time by getting off myself, I attempted to slide myself down slowly and the back of my knee touched the still-hot engine. I was then rushed to the hospital to get the burn treated. But I received free candy from my uncle because I didn't cry a tear. If I hadn't been wearing a dress that day, the burn probably might not have been as bad. This is also why the older me refuses to wear anything but pants, save for special occasions.
Goldfish
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Jan 9 2005, 07:52 PM)
A few years back during recess at said school, some boy came up to me and said, "Hi, babe!"  I found that derogatory and proceeded to make some intimate contact between my boot and his shin.  He never spoke to me again after he limped away.

Boy, you really are more evil than you let on!
Quistis88
QUOTE(Goldfish @ Jan 9 2005, 07:57 PM)

Haha, perhaps. biggrin.gif I only bring my wrath upon those who I deem worthy.
Animelova
when everybody at school found out who's my brother
it was so (can't find any words to compare)everybody
saw me blushing in a bad way
Slashrose1010
Can't really think of one in particular but I tend to say stupid things in public/with my friends. Everyone laughs and thinks I'm a dumb ass.
Victory_to_Battle
I really don't have a social life, so when it comes to guys that aren't really close pals, I suck. so there was this kid I had a mini crush on and I passed him in the cafeteria. we had a little chat and it was all fine, so I was walking back wards saying bye and........

fell backwards over a chair >.<

um, yeah. shit. so much for being smooth. dry.gif
hitokiri
um... theres another thread pretty much just like this one....

http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/forums/...?showtopic=1897
Goldfish
I suppose so, my apologies. Stupidest things would seem to be a part of embarassing things, but the main thing I was trying to get more than one sentence out of people.
i was at my friends birthday party once and they had 2 moonbounces and i was alone in one of them when both started deflating and i was trapped inside screaming my head off...i was rescued though whew...but everyone was laughing at me tongue.gif
eerabbit
shiet..that was me ^ whats the point of having the option to log in automatically when it doesnt work?
Joisu
(About 1 month ago) I was in the library with my friends and goofing around. When I left I took my backpack and was about to leave until someone stopped me and said it was his backpack. That guy was my crush and I couldn't believe I took his backpack. It seems that when I was goofing off he was sitting right next me. Thats how I took his backpack instead of mine.

The worst part is that since he was sitting near us, he heard the conversation. I said I liked him for a long time now and I think he heard me. Soon after he became my boyfriend. But when I took his backpack was the worst/embrassing thing that has ever happened! blink.gif
hitokiri
QUOTE(Joisu @ Jan 12 2005, 12:49 AM)
(About 1 month ago) I was in the library with my friends and goofing around. When I left I took my backpack and was about to leave until someone stopped me and said it was his backpack. That guy was my crush and I couldn't believe I took his backpack. It seems that when I was goofing off he was sitting right next me.

The worst part is that since he was sitting near us, he heard the conversation. I said I liked him for a long time now and I think he herad me. Soon after he became my boyfriend. But when I took his backpack was the worst! blink.gif

moral of the story.... men dig kleptomaniacs.... laugh.gif
Joisu
hehe you got that right!
AliCat
I was just starting 9th grade, first day of school. I'd worn this dress that really was too short for me now that I look back on it but back then I loved this dress. Well, I was walking to my first class with a few friends and I had to cut through what was known as 'the pit', which was this two or three step ditch underneath the staircases where people (mostly my friends) congragated and sat and talked. I am not the most graceful person in the world, and my ankle twisted because of the shoes I was wearing and I went down, landed flat on my back, and flashed my underwear to the entire freshman class and a few upperclass men. I was mortified.
Bling_bling_Angel
sleep.gif Dang, once when I was 10, I was so tired... and the sun was so hot... and the clear glass wall was sooooooooo shiny and clean... I was so dazed that I thought there was no wall, and walked right smack into it...

I bounced off like a basketball and collapsed onto the floor... ph34r.gif It was sooooooo embarrassing... people had to help me up and ask if I needed to go to the clinic... dry.gif
Goldfish
Too bad you didn't just break through it, eh?
Bling_bling_Angel
happy.gif I'm juss human, not a humanoid... if I was, breaking through the glass would have been automatic...
Goldfish
And you would have saved yourself of having to deal with the embarassment.
Bling_bling_Angel
laugh.gif Ye~ap... since I wouldn't have feelings in the 1st place, either...
Goldfish
huh.gif you can have some of mine if you want, I think I have too many.
Bling_bling_Angel
unsure.gif Oh, thanks, but no thanks... I've got more thatI can put up with, really...
Goldfish
Just remembered a pretty strange story:

It was raining, but I had some place important to go, and didn't have the car. So I biked. I didn't really mind that, except that there was a ginormous hill I had to get over to get where I was going.

I had been sick for a while earlier, but I was feeling pretty much fine, and I gunned it for most of the hill. I was breathing pretty hard at the top, and turned onto another street. I started feeling really....well it's hard to explain. The exhaustion hit me all at once I think, my heart was pounding, and I felt so nauseous like I never had before. All I wanted to do, at that point was make it stop.

I stopped, and leaned over the handle bars, which seemed to help the slightest bit. I don't remember what happened then, but I woke up with the bike on top of me, and I was lying on the side of the road in a puddle. A car had pulled up beside me, and the man was asking if I was alright. My head seemed to all at once kick in and the "rest" having done me wonders of good, I tried to spare myself some embarassment. I quickly got up, and said "I'm fine, just a little tired, guess I over did it." He gave me an incredulous look, but said "take it easy, if you're going to lie down, maybe you should do it on the grass, this isn't very safe." and continued on.

I continued on, to no ill effects...

I suppose a combination of my having been seriously sick beforehand, and the stupidly high hill brought it on, but I really don't know to this day...
Le Monkey
he he, thats funny

Good that u were ok tho
Victory_to_Battle
ok, two things, one, every year there's a county fair and I brough my riding instructiors pony to do the horse games (racing around poles and stuff) and I've been riding a couple of years and doing great. so I was talking with my freinds all the times we fell off for stupid reasons when we started, and me being cocky said "hell after all that I'm never falling off again" famous last words...

the very next class I raced back towards the finishline and there were two ways to go: the gate whcich would mean smashing into the people leaning on it or the othe lide of the ring where I had time t oslow down. but my pony REALLY wanted to go towards the gate so he went right.. and I went straight, right into a fence post, in the mud. teh highlight of the fair sleep.gif

second time was on the same pony on a droup trailride. I was just talking with a few freinds in the back then all of a sudden tique (my pony) gallops off and throws me right into a tree. when I come to, there were two guys on the trail with us and everyone kept asking whether i was allright or not repeatedly I mean come on I HIT A BLOODY TREE FACE FIRSAT DO I LOOK ALLRIGHT TO YOU!?!?!
Askari0
Haha, perhaps. biggrin.gif I only bring my wrath upon those who I deem worthy.

like me?

on the other hand
My most embarasing moment was at my house week before new years. My father was outside smoking a cigar. I go out to see what he is doing. He puffs smoke in my face. I have an asthma attack. I begin to run for my inhaler. I forgot the fact that I closed the sliding glass door behind me. BAM!!! Like a bug on a windshield. Fourtunatly I didnt break the glass. By the time I hit the ground I was laughing so hard it made my asthma attack worse. I the went in poped a few tylenol. Used my inhaler and went to bed felling drunk(my inhaler's side effect)

Another strange story was when i was 3. I was playing on the playground. I missed a monkey bar and hit a rock with my chin. I busted it open. (BIG MyStErY) I did NOT cry.
Later thtat day I have to have 13 stitches. They hurt more the opening it in the first place. Three days later I picked the stitches out. I had to have 15 more stitches. Once again the stitches hurt more than opening it. WeIrD aInT iT?
alchemist x
Lets see,
When I was 10 I was showing off to some kiddies [4-5 yrs]
I was running then I jumped and landed straight on my back and I couldn't breath because I broke 2 ribs, the kids laught at me. sad.gif
Ail
^ Moral of the story: Don't try to impress someone when you're a clumsy fool.
alchemist x
Really I'm not all that clumzy just unlucky
I was running with a rope and it broke
Mike
This wan't really an embarassing moment cause i didnt know what I was doing. But some people hang it against me.

When I was about 3 everyone was looking at a hole at kreish and they all went back inside except me, I was hiding behind the slide. I don't know why I did this but I took all my clothes off, escaped through the hole and went running naked in the streets.
alchemist x
Mikes a nudest HAHAHA
Im kidding
atleast you didn't chase after a cricket trying to pee on it as you go in your nabours yard.
Evil Alchemist
QUOTE(Goldfish @ Jan 9 2005, 06:57 PM)
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Jan 9 2005, 07:52 PM)
A few years back during recess at said school, some boy came up to me and said, "Hi, babe!"  I found that derogatory and proceeded to make some intimate contact between my boot and his shin.  He never spoke to me again after he limped away.

[snapback]80375[/snapback]

I think that he deserved it. Good job.

Well, I was in this fancy restraunt called Benihana. And when nature called I went to the restroom and when I got back in got in my seat some really cute guy walks in the door and gets seated at the table next to us.
Well, when we were done and paid the bill we left. And all of a sudden, when my family and I were in the parking lot of Benihana, my mom pointed out something very embarressing. I had a piece of toilet paper stuck to the bottom of my shoe. blink.gif And now I'm a little careful when I walk out of the bathroom.

QUOTE(Bling_bling_Angel @ Jan 11 2005, 10:49 PM)
happy.gif I'm juss human, not a humanoid... if I was, breaking through the glass would have been automatic...
[snapback]81964[/snapback]

huh.gif Well, I did that once. But not through a glass wall. I went through a screen door, and the whole screen door popped out of place. I was playing cops and robbers with some little kids. And you guessed it, I was the robber, I guess they get caught sooner or later. tongue.gif
Mike
Evil alchemist please do not post more than once after you've posted.
There is an edit button, use it.
alchemist x
Common mike stop acting professional, just say

Hey don't dub post newby grrr

^simple Eh?
Ailuro
QUOTE(alchemist x @ Feb 5 2005, 11:18 PM)
Common mike stop acting professional, just say

Hey don't dub post newby grrr

^simple Eh?
[snapback]107510[/snapback]

I think he did a great job of informing Evil Alchemist. Your way seems like you're joking about it. I wouldn't take you seriously if you told me that way. I wouldn't even know what you were trying to tell me. =D
alchemist x
Oh, well, umm, ok?

Back on topic

What about you ailuro?
Ailuro
Nope. Never had a truly embarrassing experience. I did bust open my eyebrow when I was three, but I'm not embarrased by it. It just.. hurt. o_o

Perhaps I just don't get embarrassed as easily? >>
Username05
My imbarassing moment...
I was trying to scare this person and I ran up behind them, I tripped smashed my face on the cement, and looked like a freak the rest of the week... I busted my eyebrow, bashed my knee, my chin had a huge scab on it, and my hand was all messed up... lucky that I didn't break any thing, no concussions, not even a stitch.
The thing that realy sucked was It was the cement with the rocks in it... so I had small impressions on my face also.... dry.gif
alchemist x
oh

well,

When I was about 5 My dog was chasing me arount the back yard
I ran by a tree and a branch was low and snagged my pants and ripped them clean off

the other day I was playing basketball with my uncle and his friends an I got knocked down and the ball hit me in the jewels and I threw up.
Elderberry
Hm.....well, a while back, I went into my room to check on something. On the way out, I tripped on one of numerous piles of paper cluttering my carpet, and stuck a hand out to prevent myself from crashing into the wall. I then took another step, tripped over my backpack, lost my balance and gave a shriek as I landed in a scrunched blob outside my bedroom door.

No one else was actually present at the time, but I started cracking up, thinking of what a baka I must have looked like...rolleyes.gif
The RZA
after i saw the lion king i climbed up my grandma's cement stairs, fell down and busted my head open
Sirya
embarassing moments.. don't really remember any or I've just blocked them out tongue.gif

But I do remember one time at school when we had P.E, we played basketball for once, and I had the ball and was running towards the goal - and I just out of the blue blanked out thinking about horses in the middle of things (yes I was crazy in them) and next I heard was the whistle blow, I stopped and looked at the teacher and saw the entire class just looked at me laughing.

My friend came laughing towards me and explained that I started "galopping" instead of running with the ball - I really had no memories of that.. I just blanked out.. it was really.. weird... blink.gif
Alchemist_Sami
I embarress myself all the time lolz but here are a few i find funny when i look back on them:

When i was about 5 i got a pretend hoover for my Christmas. It has all the hoses and everything and when you plugged it in it had a wee suction bit in it. I put one of the pipes on my toungue and it got stuck so i had to go to hospital and they had to pull it off with these plyer things. The doctors were even laughing at me!

And when i was 6 i swallowed a lego car and everytime I breathed in you could hear the sound of the little horn on it! I eventually had surgery and got it out, but man was it funny!!!!
Lyndsie_Elric
XD I've had several in my very short lifetime... But I'll give you one I remember the most! ^-^;;;

Not even a year ago my parents and I went to the mall, my mom split up from me and my dad (I always stay with my dad for some reason... o_O') And when we were looking for her I stepped on a piece of bubble rap and if soundes like a ripped one off. >_<;;; My dad was laughing at me and two old ladies behind us were just staring at me. After about a half hour we found my mom and where we were getting ready to leave, I stepped on it again! XD
Elderberry
Ara...why the heck was there bubble wrap lying on the floor? laugh.gif||
Lyndsie_Elric
Because God put it there...!
animejunkie429800
I was on the phone with my friend when her mom was going to talk to my mom, and my mom was in the shower. Then, I thought my friend was still on the line and I said, "Dude, hey!" And her mom was like, "I'm not a dude." I was embarrased, but I started cracking up too. tongue.gif

Also, I was going outside to get the mail, I was wearing heels about 1/2 inch tall (You couldn't even tell that there were heels, unless you got the shoe and turned it over), and I tripped in them. mellow.gif

That was my bad expirience with heels. They are evil I say! >D

I have plenty more, but you guys can share. biggrin.gif
Xalchemist105
Well I had a classical awkward anime moment, if you know what I mean*rewinds personal FMA tape to Psiren episode*

Anyway, I was sparing with my friend(keep in mind that my friends a girl and I'm a guy) cause we like to fight a lot. So we got got tangled up and we tripped over our feet and well, you get the picture . . .
animejunkie429800
QUOTE(Xalchemist105 @ Sep 8 2005, 06:08 PM)
Well I had a classical awkward anime moment, if you know what I mean*rewinds personal FMA tape to Psiren episode*

Anyway, I was sparing with my friend(keep in mind that my friends a girl and I'm a guy) cause we like to fight a lot. So we got got tangled up and we tripped over our feet and well, you get the picture . . .
[right][snapback]278560[/snapback][/right]

Something happened like that happened to me too. ph34r.gif

Then, the rest of the day, I called him ecchii. laugh.gif
habitual_heaven
One of the strangest moments was when my water broke when it was time to deliever my daughter. Imagine sitting on a lukewarm water balloon and then having it suddenly burst. Yeah, I was just glad I was at home when it happened!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.