Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pleas Tell Me That This Isnt It...
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > Original Japanese episodes (with sub)
Pages: 1, 2
The Lucifer
I have allways been anime fan and cause i got groundet (dont ask wy) i started to watch this new anime serie Full Metal Alchemist..it was so great that i watched all 51eps. in 4days...and when i watched last eps. i got this eptynes...man is this it...is there new serie where ed is in "this" world and uses technology to get see al while al is training alchemy at other side of that gate?(im sorry if my text is hard to read english isnt my home laguange and im shocked right now )
Full Flame Alchemist
Yes,it is over.(Unless you include the movie.) The movie is out in Summer in Japan.It is set after episode 51. There is a trailer for it on the main page of this site.
The Lucifer
Jej thats better than nothing but we have to wate till ummer dry.gif ...
Sycia
Sorry to burst your bubble, but English fans will probably have to wait longer for the movie unless they come to Japan to watch it later this year...
Full Flame Alchemist
Is the movie coming out in the U.K?
(I hope it is)
Sycia
No news from that side of the world yet...
Full Flame Alchemist
There never is sad.gif
The Lucifer
I think it wont take so long to make subititles...I think...
Sycia
Well you see, to make a fansub of it, one would need a RAW file. How does one get a RAW of a movie when it only shows in theaters? I mean sure there are people who bring in video cams to record the whole thing, but you get get see people's heads and what not...
Full Flame Alchemist
It shows only in Theaters?
Sycia
o_O Well yeah... it's a MOVIE.
Full Flame Alchemist
I thought you meant it's not coming to DVD.(Silly me)
AliCat
QUOTE(Sycia @ Jan 9 2005, 01:13 PM)
Well you see, to make a fansub of it, one would need a RAW file. How does one get a RAW of a movie when it only shows in theaters? I mean sure there are people who bring in video cams to record the whole thing, but you get get see people's heads and what not...

Well, some are half decent, but most of the time, yes, you are going to see the back of someone's head and it's going to be a rather crappy quality. The other kick in the butt here is that it could take 6 months to a year or more for the DVD to come out over there. Now, once it comes out, the sub will be out rather quickly after that, in comparison anyway. It's just that agonizing wait for the DVD release unless someone manages to snag a decent quality copy before then.

As dumb as this is, sometimes I wish this stuff would get released at the same time everywhere. Be nice wouldn't it?

Yeah, in my dreams tongue.gif
Tashi
i might be in japan this summer, i hope my trip is around the time the movie comes out, even if i cant understand whats being said
Fresh_Coffee
Sycia your going to watch the movie right? Tell us how good the movie is when it comes out please
Sycia
Fresh Coffee: Yep. I'm coming back with a full summary of it (might have to watch it more than once though XD)

The DVD of it will be released of course, but usually in Japan, that's half a year after the movie closes....
AliCat
sad.gif Only figures I was born with little patience. Man I wish I understood Japanese.
Full Flame Alchemist
And if the movie does come out outside Japan (on DVD or not) it will probably have rubbish voices.
AliCat
QUOTE(Full Flame Alchemist @ Jan 10 2005, 10:04 AM)
And if the movie does come out outside Japan (on DVD or not) it will probably have rubbish voices.

Yeah...but at least we could understand it. wink.gif
Full Flame Alchemist
Yeah and if it does come out on DVD then it might have the option for Japanese with English subtitles.....
The Lucifer
Im absolutely sure that it has that option cause allmost all films hae options to change dub's and sub's. And in case of anime movie its sure.
Full Flame Alchemist
YAY!!
ZeeDeveel
Ugh. I hate myself for watching the show too quickly. I wish there were more episodes.

Well, not really. But I hate the fact that I finished the show. x_X
The Lucifer
ZeDeveel...I know absolutely how you feel... dry.gif
Le Monkey
at leat u got to finnish watchin the show, i got too 34 and my hard drive went all currupt on me, i saw 1-34 and thats it
Sycia
QUOTE(ZeeDeveel @ Jan 11 2005, 10:32 AM)
Ugh. I hate myself for watching the show too quickly. I wish there were more episodes.

Well, not really. But I hate the fact that I finished the show. x_X

Come to Japan and stalk the voice actresses. >:D
Le Monkey
dont tempt him biggrin.gif
Sycia
Haha, okay.

*Goes stalking them herself*
Le Monkey
have fun! biggrin.gif rolleyes.gif
The Lucifer
Come to Japan and stalk the voice actresses

Oh..if i just could i would come for sure sad.gif ...
blueices
Blue (with all her silly whimsy wink.gif ) decides to take Sycia suggestion seriously...
Step 1: Blue puts on pantsuit and creates a fake press pass...
Step 2: Proceeds to board plane to Japan determined to stalk FMA seiyuu (her parents yell their concern and confusion in the background but she can't hear them since she's blasting REWRITE too loudly on her ipod)
Step 3: Before stalking commencement, Blue takes short break to get tickets for this summer's movie and buy loads of merchandise...including those elusive fma shirts!!! (see Hagaren Merchandise Thread)
[bruhahahaha]
Jacen
damn... this is probably the best anime ive seen to date. I would really like to see another season or something. As long as funimation doesnt drag it on as long as dbz was, just seeing more fma after the movie would be great.
junkydave
im sorry if there is already a thread about the FMA movie that is coming out and sorry about this.

this has to do with the trailer and it may contain a spoiler for those that havent seen up to ep51

Spoiler: (Click here to Display)
Jacen
I've still got 3 episodes to go until the end. Im taking it slowly so I can enjoy these last eps as much as possible.

And if I ever went to Japan (which I do want to once Im 18) I would definitly buy lots of hagaren stuff biggrin.gif
AliCat
QUOTE(junkydave @ Jan 12 2005, 07:19 PM)

In the trailer al has the armour again and al doenst look young but why do people say that its set after episode 51 i am conused abiot by these accusations

sorry if this question has been asked already

Rena Elric
I want to se the movie!
Jacen
id rather see 51 more fma episodes than a movie... but thats being a bit greedy, at least we have something to look forward to.
Cbibi_chibi
Oh, there are so many problems with the movie coming out =(
I just wish, that the quality of the movie, recorded in a theater would be not that bad.
QUOTE(AliCat @ Jan 15 2005, 05:39 PM)
QUOTE(junkydave @ Jan 12 2005, 07:19 PM)
<!--SPOILER BEGIN--><div onClick="openClose('c2f419161ccd5a4170e49c5d357040e2')">Spoiler: (Click here to Display)</div><div class="spoiler"><div id="c2f419161ccd5a4170e49c5d357040e2" style="display:none"><!--SPOILER END-->

In the trailer al has the armour again and al doenst look young but why do people say that its set after episode 51 i am conused abiot by these accusations

sorry if this question has been asked already

<!--SPOILER BEGIN--><div onClick="openClose('6f9cca10ee6e0e3240e57eb839157a0c')">Spoiler: (Click here to Display)</div><div class="spoiler"><div id="6f9cca10ee6e0e3240e57eb839157a0c" style="display:none"><!--SPOILER END-->Because its a teaser trailer, or at least I think thats what it is. It's a trailer designed to get people talking. That and they aren't exactly done with production yet, or so I understand. If I'm wrong, someone correct me.<!--SPOILER DIV--></div></div><!--SPOILER DIV-->
[snapback]86065[/snapback]

maybe they just put that in the piss everyone off and make them confused
Dark State
QUOTE(Sycia @ Jan 9 2005, 12:09 PM)
Sorry to burst your bubble, but English fans will probably have to wait longer for the movie unless they come to Japan to watch it later this year...
[snapback]79735[/snapback]

Looooooooooooooooong quote, but anyway, you'd be surprised about how quickly someone can pirate a copy and fansub it. But it may be a better idea to wait, cuz the quality will be better, and subs will be profesional
phoenix dying
QUOTE(Dark State @ Feb 11 2005, 09:19 PM)
QUOTE(Sycia @ Jan 9 2005, 12:09 PM)
[snapback]79735[/snapback]

Looooooooooooooooong quote, but anyway, you'd be surprised about how quickly someone can pirate a copy and fansub it. But it may be a better idea to wait, cuz the quality will be better, and subs will be profesional
[snapback]112135[/snapback]

Woot to video pirates. I am one of these types of people, that how i got FMA.
Its not really hard. I am a pirate *AARRRRR* *hic*
Greensky
Yeah, someone will most likely make subs soon after the movie is released in Japan. It doesn't even have to be a RAR file, they can add it in seperately... I just don't know how to work seperate sub files with the video file dry.gif dry.gif

I just finished watching all the episodes today, and I was also left with an empty kind of feeling... but mostly because...

[spoiler]
Al DOESN'T REMEMBER ANYTHING!?!?!?

Is this really true? He went through all that and he came back looking like a 10 year old kid with no memory of his journey? Please tell me that I misunderstood that part... that would SUCK!!! So many friends, lessons and experiences would have been lost. That would seriously make me sad sad.gif

[/spoiler]
dchen_24
QUOTE(Jacen @ Jan 16 2005, 07:00 PM)
id rather see 51 more fma episodes than a movie... but thats being a bit greedy, at least we have something to look forward to.
[snapback]87719[/snapback]

totally...are they planning to make more fma series?or is it over over after the movie><?
Fullmetal Fangirl
LOL! the problem with movies is, that they have to cram all the crap into about 2-3 hours...so they kind of have to rush it all a bit...

yeah, needs more eps..LIKE NARUTO!! i dont watch that but ...no wait, 200s too many eps...but i wanna see more ROYAI evidence!!!!

Gaaah! *runs creaming into a brick wall*
dchen_24
you think naruto has to much eps?then i bet u have never heard of dectective conan= =+
anyways...ur right about the 2~3hours thingy and come to think of it doesnt anime movie...usually only lasts around 1.5 hrs><?I really hope the movie is longer than that...if there planning to end it...
silver bg
i want movie movie now
ling*
They're definitely not going to make more series of FMA.
They said that in an interviw of the 2nd official fanbook (hk edition).
His answer was: No. Definitely not. We haven't think about it at all.

I knew 1.5-3 hours are just TOO little time to put in all the stuffs
but we'll just have to wait till the movie's out rolleyes.gif
BUT THERE JUST NEED TO BE MORE ROYAI ROAYI RAYAI *screaming* ! ! !
BellatrixAngelofKyo
To Greensky: No, you didn't misunderstand what happens to Al at all, as sad and sucky as it is, Al does not remember anything that happened after he and Ed tryed to resurect there mother. I thought that was really awefull too... they went through so much together... but in some ways, it's probably better that Alphonse doesnt remember some of the stuff that happend to them, like Martel's death, Nina's Death, etc.

Are you serious *Ling? They really should extend the series! I think that they should make more FMA episodes, on the terms that they don't stretch it out to thin, make it full of fillers, and wait until more of the Anime has been released perhaps too. I'm dying to see the movie, but god would I love to see more Ep's afterward. I can't get enough of Fullmetal. happy.gif
SNOOGY
I can't really think of a good story that could come after the series. blink.gif
x10
If the series brings in alot of money, then I am sure that they will make more of the series, or perhaps two movies, or more videogames.

After all, they say they'll stop it now, but MONEY will motivate them to make more. Greed will rule in the end. Who does not want to bring in another couple million.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.