Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Which Homunculus Has The Best Powers?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > FMA Character Discussions
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
TheBurningAlchemist
So....Vote For The One That You Think Has The Best Powers!

Here Is The Run-Down Of Their Powers (FMA-1).
Envy-Envy has the power to assume the form of any person and copy their voice.
Gluttony-His mouth is capable of eating anything, even dissolving the toughest metals.
Greed-He is the Ultimate Shield, as he is able to make himself impervious to harm by rearranging the bonds between the carbon atoms in his body.
Lust-Her fingers are razor sharp and she can extend them to use like a spear or sword in combat.
Pride-He has the Ultimate Eye ability, which allows him to dodge any attack.
Sloth-Her power is that her body is entirely water.
Wrath-The ability to perform alchemy. It is because of Ed's arm and leg.

Lust- she can extend her fingernails (not fingers) very quickly, and they can pierce through anything
Pride- his Ultimate Eye allows him to see any attack, regardless of speed, which is what enables him to dodge them...
Sloth- she can turn her entire body or part of it into water, which allows her to resist physical attacks, slip into rooms by dripping through cracks, etc.
Wrath- his actual power is fusing with anything nonhuman (the alchemy is just a little bonus he stole from Ed happy.gif )

<added more poll choices (FMA:Brotherhood/maga Homunculus), Feb. 28, 2011. ~ Board staff>
~FMAgurl~
i don't really like Envy that much...but his power is awesome!!...
actually, i like them all!
Elderberry
I voted for Envy, since he's the best at using his power to his advantage, and it is rather useful by itself...And I like Envy a lot, too. laugh.gif

Also, I'd like to add a couple of details/corrections to your descriptions...

Lust- she can extend her fingernails (not fingers) very quickly, and they can pierce through anything
Pride- his Ultimate Eye allows him to see any attack, regardless of speed, which is what enables him to dodge them...
Sloth- she can turn her entire body or part of it into water, which allows her to resist physical attacks, slip into rooms by dripping through cracks, etc.
Wrath- his actual power is fusing with anything nonhuman (the alchemy is just a little bonus he stole from Ed happy.gif)
full-blownidiot-alchemist
Props to the poll! I really thought about this one before hand while watching the series. I voted for Pride because he's just one stellar guy. Plus, if you really narrow it down, no body could really hit him since he would be able to avoid it. Big G is about as quick as my old computer, sloth can't really suffocate him, and well lust (she didn't get the lion's share in powers). Greed was more of a street fighter than an honorable fighter and wrath wouldn't know what to do.

Spoiler: (Click here to Display)
hitokiri
pride. i don't need to explain why do i? tongue.gif
Ailuro
Envy. He can gain the trust of anyone, they are unprepared and unaware, completely trusting of him. Then when they least expect it, he goes and kills them. Plus we already know he's killed many people so he must be doing something right. wink.gif
Zio
I vote for Greed's power. As long as you can't get hurt, everything is groovy. You can't get backstabed by someone in disguise, can't get impaled by fingernails, could get eaten or drown but you could run away like you would with Wrath and Pride. (If he can see every attack coming and dodge it, then why bother fighting? Or why would you let someone get close to you to fuse with your carbon?)
Fresh_Coffee
Envy he can use the power of everyone. Change himself to lust, sloth I don't think Pride though or Wrath.
Shou-chan
Envy. I'd love the idea of being able to change into anyone I want.
Ninie
Greed is my favorite, but I have to vote for Lust. I don't know why, I find her power very cool. Envy's are great, too, but I prefer Lust's.
TheBurningAlchemist
Thank You Elderberry for the corrections.....I was doing this at like 3:00 in the morning....I was half awake ^.^

I voted for lust - she is freaking awesome...
* Does She Paint Her Nails?...lol * Does she go to a Nail Place? Cause if she did...while her nails were extended...dam so much nail polish!?!....*.*
Queen of the dammed
That would be A LOT of polish... blink.gif
Dunno, all of thenm seem pretty danm good at killing people...(except Wrath, he's useless)
Fresh_Coffee
Well Wrath has alchemy.....
Full Flame Alchemist
I was planning on best power but'best' is too vague.
I think it's Envy(he's my fav. character).
Zio
I vote for Greed's power. Let me explain why I didn't vote for the other ones.

Lust: Not a big fan of just having the power to impale people with fingertips.
Envy: I considered taking this one, but decided against it since who needs disguises when you have the ultimate shield.
Sloth: Turning into water sounds very lame to me.
Gluttony: Eating people and metal doesn't sound very appetizing.
Wrath: Fusing with nonliving things and having second rate alchemy? That's not very impressive. And how can a whiny little brat like him get the title of Wrath?
Pride: Oooh, abilty to dodge every atttack, eh? Well, no one ever said that your opponent can dodge YOUR attacks or not.
Des
Gluttony EATS PEOPLE. And that's spiffy.
Full Flame Alchemist
Envy rules!!!!!!!!!!
Toby-Chan
Dude, if you could turn into water, you could, like, make people drink you, then burst out of their stomachs in a really gross macabre display. happy.gif

Anywho. I say Envy. Shapeshifting is cool, plus, it looks like he has some pretty wicked hand-to-hand combat skills.
hagane_no_tokage
i voted envy...for basically the same reasons toby listed. how cool would it be to be able to be *anybody*? XD
Full Flame Alchemist
Go Envy!He's the best!
hitokiri
QUOTE(Fresh_Coffee @ Jan 10 2005, 09:04 AM)

yeah busted ass ghetto walmart alchemy....oooo i can fuse...big deal....
hitokiri
argh another duplicate thread..... go here

http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/forums/...?showtopic=2394
Kihaku
ooh... I voted for Pride because of his cool eye and awesome combat skills tongue.gif (sword fighting is fasinating)
But maybe Envy's powers are "the most useful". He's not a bad fighter and his power of changing into anyone is a great art of deception tongue.gif
Full Flame Alchemist
Mine is coolest power not best and he says that the best powers kill people.
I don't.
hitokiri
dude just because he has a stupid intro sentence and you dont it doesnt make your thread unique, inherently they are the same thing....
Omakase Shimasu
Gluttony for sure. cool.gif He can eat anything and everything. And he will. When Lust backs off, that is and Dante has caressed his tongue. tongue.gif
Fresh_Coffee
QUOTE(hitokiri @ Jan 10 2005, 12:51 PM)
QUOTE(Fresh_Coffee @ Jan 10 2005, 09:04 AM)

yeah busted ass ghetto walmart alchemy....oooo i can fuse...big deal....

I'm just saying, that he can actually DO something. Yah his powers suck though. Don't take this as an offense comment hitokiri.
Full Flame Alchemist
Fine,you win but I didn't know.
ed_rulez
envy is the best!
Life to the Dead
Envy has the best powers, hands down. messed up my vote though and clicked the wrong person)
TheBurningAlchemist
its true that wrath has crappy powers because he can just fuse..hooray!...but he is still just a kid....a puny shorty kid...(lol just like ed but i think ed is taller)..^.^ and u can see that nobody voted for wrath anyways.. biggrin.gif
I guess people really like envy cause of his power,(the first time I saw him, I thought he was a she ..*.*)
DarkWater Alchemist
Voted for Envy... it somehow is the best ability for a reason I can't get explained biggrin.gif

Next would come... Greed, Pride, Sloth, Gluttony, Lust and Wrath.
Yes, in that order I think... Poor little Wrath.
Des
I said it once and I'll say it again - Gluttony. >D He eats people and that's shibby.
Le Monkey
yeah gluttony is kick ass, he can eat every thing

go him
Nemu
ENVY! n_n He's awesome.

Plus, he's pointing a gun at my brains as we speak.
Le Monkey
ah, i understand ur choice then
Elderberry
Ahaha, you're not alone, TheBurningAlchemist-san! laugh.gif Rest assured, over 85% of this forum probably thought the same. I also thought Envy was female when I first saw him in the manga, but by the time I got to the anime, I figured that he was perfectly male (I think it was the evil smirks...).

As for Lust's fingernails...Well, I'm not sure...it would be a lot of nail polish, though...happy.gif

Wrath's power seems pointless, but that also has to do with the fact that he hasn't really had time to learn how to take advantage of his fusing abilities. If they gave him another century or so, he'd be a lot more dangerous...laugh.gif
Kitoky
I think Envy's the most dangerous because he can take anyone's form and kill someone.
Chain Alchemist
Define "Best Power" please.

Best power as in for what? espionage? combat? everyday life? etc.?

Espionage: Envy, for obvious reasons.

Combat: Pride: if you can read your opponent, his/her attacks/defenses are utterly worthless unless they completely overwhelm you.

Assassination: Lust. The silent blade kills best.

Defense: Greed. Nough said.

Everyday life: Wrath-alchemy comes in handy.

Avoiding cavities: Gluttony. No more dentists!
sevter
I don't really like Envy but I think that his power is one of the coolest I've ever seen. I won't mind having that kind of power. biggrin.gif

Besides, I really don't like Wrath. mad.gif
Phoenix_alchemist
I'll say that Envy is the best since his power allows him to change into anyone and maybe anything? (Can he do that?) Afterall, you can't kill someone when you don't know where he is.

I would have said pride was pretty good, but he can get old and die.
Omakase Shimasu
biggrin.gif;; I thought this poll was about best powers to kill off people. It said so in the description of the poll in any case.
The Lucifer
I dont get it why you say such things about wrath? A) He can use alchemy an whit that ability his able to kill other homoculus more easyli and B ) he can "become one" whit everything. Like in one episode he walks trough wall and one he tooked weapons to his arm...Think what else he could do cause now hes just a kid and he already killed one homoculus...
Phoenix_alchemist
Hummmm.. but you can't kill people if you die first.
Queen of the dammed
Finaly I've choosen LUSTOOOOOOOO for her nails... laugh.gif
Summoner Yuna
Another vote for Envy!! he can spy, decieve anyone, or use the other's emotions to get advantage in the combat, or even transform his limbs into somekind of weapon (he did that in chp 50, right?)

For a long time I didn't knew what to think about his gender because a friend is convinced that he is clearly a girl and she's allways refusing that he is male and saying I'm wrong xD. now I just don't listen to her laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif C'mon! he is a guy!

P.D.: I just couldn't stand Wrath LoL I'm not the only one?

P.D.2: right now I'm imagining Lust painting her looong looong nails blink.gif she have to be patient.... blink.gif
Omakase Shimasu
Moving~
Omakase Shimasu
biggrin.gif;; He wasn't supposed to be able to transform his arm in ep.50 that way, I think... Looked far too much like alchemy to my liking, which he shouldn't be capable of.

Aaaw, poor Wrath. I just can't understand why so many people despise him. smile.gif He's cool (and God forbid, adorable) in his own right.
Kitoky
QUOTE(Kitoky @ Jan 11 2005, 05:56 PM)
I think Envy's the most dangerous because he can take anyone's form and kill someone.

Wrath is a little whiney cry baby that wants Sloth back to baby him and tuck him to bed in which he can trasmute himself into. tongue.gif
TheBurningAlchemist
you COPIED ME!!!! you bitch.....lol just joking....and my intro sentence about
good power= killing people......i really didn't know what to write...and anyways...all of the homunculii can kill... : p
lust-with her fingernails....
gluttony-with his mouth.....(ewwww drool)
envy-uhhh...uses a gun...while he decieves you with his transforming powers, he shoots you laugh.gif
pride-uses his sword skillz
sloth-can drown you...i guess??
wrath-little midget...attacking you(reminds me of ed)
well i voted for envy...w00t w00t envy.will stab you with nails....that sucks u got killed by fingernails....hopefully they were painted nails....LOL tongue.gif

PS....i had my poll before you did ;p....lol and you copied me with my name....we both have fire things in our names....lol BURN BABY BURN!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.