Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PS2 Vs XBOX Vs DaCube
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Game
Pages: 1, 2
hitokiri
which do you prefer and why?

i picked the xbox, cause mines modded w/ a 300 gb hd. only on an xbox can you save video. that and the fact i'm morally opposed to nintendo, i have no interest in a system whose target audience and titles are "family friendly"
Quistis88
I had to choose PS2 for this one. I've always been a bit of a Sony fangirl. XBox would come next though (I don't like GameCube). I originally opposed the XBox because it had these enormous controllers that I have great trouble fitting my hands around, but now that there are smaller controllers available . . .

Also, I enjoy playing RPGs, and the PS2 is compatible with a great deal many of them. Though I also like the occasional FPS . . .
Falling_Man
PS2. Lots of games made by Japan based companies.
Ex: CAPCOM, Square-Enix Also, psOne games are compatible.

xbox is a machine built for parties...
Omakase Shimasu
Where's the "All of 'em" option? >.>

With me, it's more about the games rather than the console. biggrin.gif;; And since I've got many games I like, all of them on different consoles... Hmm, but if I had to make a top three list it'd be: PS2 (same reasons as Quistis), Gamecube, then Xbox.
Slashrose1010
The gasoline and matches are mighty tempting... But I'll go with PS2. Just because there are sooooo many games only for PS2. It has all of my favorite series too: MGS, FF, Tekken, GTA, etc. The Xbox comes next. I don't mind the controller and Halo/2 rule. I'm gonna get Fable soon, too. I might get a Dead or Alive later on. I don't care much for Game3. Agreed. I don't like that the target consumers are kids.
LordGohan
none,Atari rules!
hitokiri
w....the can of gas is kickin xbox and gamecube's ass.... laugh.gif
Angel of Death
ps2 because it does hane more of the anime game [zone of the enders 2my fav] and there are certain games that only has gt and gta san andreas
Foolio
ps2...because it comes after ps1
darkangelslayer
i have 2 go with ps2. i have one and it not only is a great console it has great, amazing games with faboulous graphics. i cant wait for ps3.
also_cursed
PS2 for me, if only because I would waste away into a little rasin-girl if I didn't have my FF. tongue.gif
Of course, there are so many games that are only for Xbox (Fable/Halo... grrr mad.gif ).
Slashrose1010
X Box doesn't have nearly have as many games only for Xbox as PS2 does.. That's people's excuses. The only 2 they always name Halo and Fable. *Sigh* Hopefully I can get around to getting Fable already... toooo lazy.
love_me_destroyer
I said gas and matches. cuz those are the kind of toys I play with. biggrin.gif
Cloud28
i will go with ps2...just too much fun anime games laugh.gif
hitokiri
QUOTE(Slashrose1010 @ Jan 8 2005, 05:39 PM)
X Box doesn't have nearly have as many games only for Xbox as PS2 does.. That's people's excuses. The only 2 they always name Halo and Fable. *Sigh* Hopefully I can get around to getting Fable already... toooo lazy.

umm.... lets see... KOTOR 1/2, Brute Force, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Jet Set Radio Future, Ninja Gaiden, the MechAssault series.... do even need to mention the concept of broadband only network play, aka Xbox Live... i really don't need to go on do i? blink.gif
Slashrose1010
^Hito:I still prefer PS2 only games over Xbox only games. You have to pay for Xbox live though don't you? I don't think you have to for PS2 online play. But some of those games are pretty good. I still haven't gotten around to getting Fable sad.gif I promise I'll get off my ass tomarrow smile.gif
Animelova
i chose ps2 caues it's cool and i got too many games for ps1
so i got a ps2 got tha point dry.gif
Le Monkey
i chose gc cos i like rpgs and mario games

So shoot me! tongue.gif
Aka Hikari
PS2. Mainly because of the RPGs and the Devil May Cry series.
ἀρχή
I'll be the oddball who says Gamecube. It's because they've got the games that let me play with my daughter, so it's nice for me. If I were younger without a family, I'd probably have gone PS2. Of course, I can't pick more than one because my daughter eats up all my money, so I'm lucky I was able to save up to get the Gamecube.

I'm not a fan of the Xbox because I'd have to play it late at night after my daughter was asleep. I also hate FPS's - give me headaches.

I miss my Atari 800XL computer now.....There were some great games that came out during the late 80's early 90's for the home computers at the time smile.gif.
Cloud28
yeah the good old days when commader keen and wolfstein was popular! laugh.gif lolz
Haroken
PS2 all the way yo.
Askari0
Sorry I love my ps2 cause without it I couldnt play my MGS:Snake Eater
The Lucifer
Ps2. more games, more fun.
Phoenix_alchemist
PS2, cause most of square-enix's games are on it.

But GC is second, its a good party console.
Animelova
i'm caues ps2 is winning yay smile.gif
Nasser
PS2 for Final Fantasy XI

Xbox for Modded Xboxes that play PS1,N64,Super Nintendo, GBA game, plus burn any Xbox game onto its hard drive. (600 Dollars Well Spent)

Gamecube for ZELDA and RESIDENT EVIL!!!
Le Monkey
yeah, zelda is kik ass
white dragon knight
gamecube ofcourse, nintendo has the greatest games there are!
Quistis88
Unfortunately, things like "greatest" and "best" are only relative.
Kojiro
Personally, I think the PS2 is the best system. Sure, some of its games have long loading times dry.gif but the system has most of the best games. Xbox is ok but it won't survive without Halo. Gamecube has gret graphics but there are too little good games.
alchemist101
PS2 is the best game system ever because fullmetale-alchemist the game is only for the PS2. laugh.gif
Delete
Gamecube has lame games. They contiune games like mario party 6. Which I never heard of until I stepped into blockbuster. I rather choose ps2 anyday.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just another guest....
Ghost
When I want to game on a PC, I'll game on my PC. The X-Box has nothing I want aside from Panzer Dragoon Orta and Shenmue II.

'Cube's for kids? I guess you didn't play Eternal Darkness, or the awesome remake of Resident Evil. While it's true that the majority of the games on the 'Cube are family friendly, I don't see why that should automatically mark them as crap. Since when did entertainment and a parental advisory warning become the same thing? I wasn't aware that "family friendly" (meaning no boobs and blood) and "good game" (meaning a good game) were mutually exclusive.

However, though the Gamecube is graphically (slightly) superior to the PS2, and I have to say I prefer it due to games like Resident Evil, Wind Waker, Eternal Darkness, and MGS:Twin Snakes...AND the fact that, being a slightly old-school gamer (NES days) I still feel like SONY is a newcomer and earned its street cred more recently than any others (more recently than X-Box because in my opinion X-Box has yet to earn its street cred) - still I have to be honest and say that if they were to brawl to the death the PS2 would win due to its vastly superior game library (not fair, they had a HUGE headstart) and the fact that the Sony controller is the best controller in the history of gaming. Period.

The Cube would get KO'd in the first round. XBox wouldn't even make it to the ring, because it'd get winded in the stairwell, have a heart-attack and have to be rushed to the hospital because it's such a FAT, HEAVY BASTARD. Then, while scarfing down hospital food it would choke on its own greed and asphyxiate and die. PS2 would go to pay respects at the funeral and when his guard was down 'Cube would JUMP him with a knife! But he's such a feeble sonofabitch at this point that he'd probably just wound the PS2 and wind up getting arrested; but PS2 wouldn't press charges or nothin' 'cause he's cool like that and he understands what it must be like to go from champ to nobody and he kinda feels bad. But not so bad that he can't take advantage of that slut, SEGA, that's always hangin' around. Damn, ever since she got outta the console business she's so easy. But them's the breaks, y'know? It's tough being king.
psycho alchemist
i like all the consoles because they all do some games better than the other consoles. GC got the party games, Xbox has the FPS, and the PS2 does all the rest. If i had to pick one i'd have to go with PS2.
Ryuji1314
I think they all have their assets and their drawbacks, so I can't choose but I play my PS2 more than my Xbox and GC
Mike
PS2 because that's basically the only console I have.
Username05
The fire, that is always best!
I like to make little city and make a rivcer in the middle of it and then lite the stream on fire with the gas and matches!!! I put fire works in the houses to!
Ryuji1314
QUOTE(Username05 @ Feb 5 2005, 10:28 PM)
The fire, that is always best!
I like to make little city and make a rivcer in the middle of it and then lite the stream on fire with the gas and matches!!! I put fire works in the houses to!
[snapback]107489[/snapback]

nice job to be off the subject and random, Username
hitokiri
actually if you look at the poll choices, he just picked D... its on topic.
Ryuji1314
QUOTE(hitokiri @ Feb 6 2005, 11:05 AM)
actually if you look at the poll choices, he just picked D... its on topic.
[snapback]107812[/snapback]

yes I actually know that, but half of that stuff was really random... nvm let's just drop it, I don't feel like getting in an argument.
edsgirl
I had a X-box for a while, but I ended up selling it because most of the games for it sucked royally!! With the exception of DOA3 and Halo. I have a ps2 now, and it's awesome! I'm buying an gamecube, for the sole purpose of getting Resident Evil 4, which is getting rave reviews. I guess Nintendo finally realizes that they need more than family friendly games to survive. I think RE4 will do for gamecube what GTA did for Ps2.
HoboStabba
Xbox wins over all of them...playstation has cool games and all but definatly xbox wins...but if ur like me u buy all the game systems so u dont have to worry =D
Ryuji1314
QUOTE(HoboStabba @ Feb 7 2005, 06:27 PM)
Xbox wins over all of them...playstation has cool games and all but definatly xbox wins...but if ur like me u buy all the game systems so u dont have to worry =D
[snapback]108860[/snapback]

thats basically me too, I have all the good things
The Man Who Laughed
X-box has way better graphics but got the shaft when it comes to alot of games(namely that new Guilty Gear game and the FMA games)
Shirokage
My pick will be the PS2, because of its huge library of games.
Lyndsie_Elric
PS2 Because it has the most RPGs! ^.^ -stabs Xbox- May it burn in the deepest, firey pit of Hades! >:3
GS4Life
Indeed they must burn. I mean look- http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2002/...t_screen004.jpg

What the hell did they do to Joanna Dark? They're putting that on X Box 360?
Ugh Perfect Dark Should have been left to nintendo. Atleast X Box could have kept this look- http://www.nintendoclub.it/download/Joanna_Dark.jpg

Halo Fanboyism is also really annoying too. *Runs from Master Chief*
DarkBlade_Alchemist
I like the ps2 more but i have an xbox to. (but i voted for the gas and matches. shhhhhh1!!!!)
Internet Alchemist
I said PS2 just because of the huge selection of games it has, but i would have to say Xbox is a close second (mostly because mine is modded and it can play Xbox, Snes, Nes, N64, etc.) ph34r.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.