Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sims?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Game
Pages: 1, 2
RolfKaese
with a nude patch, they do hentai-ish stuff.. biggrin.gif
wolfi1412
the Sims are based on everyday's life..

I wanna play it but.. I don't have the CD... and I don't have a PS2..
my cousin's been playing the Sims Bustin' Out... he played it on his cellphone!!
Fullmetal Alchemist Pr0
lol cool well my big bro got it on his comp and he used a crack so we don't have to need a cd *thank god for Cracks* lol
RolfKaese
Sims 2 is for PC, not PS2 wink.gif
Quistis88
I've been waiting for this game for a while now, but now that it has been released . . . it is so expensive! Not that I can't afford it, but 1) I probably should not spend that much money on just a game and 2) I probably would not have time to play it anyway.

And now to go finish the rest of my homework . . .
MJHermi
Ooooh! Now I know what to give my sister for her birthday gift this year. biggrin.gif It's about time Sims actually got a rehaul! How much different is it from the original in terms of gameplay?
Quistis88
Firstly, graphics are better. Sim interactions now have more variety and depth, and every scene/locale/corner can be surveyed from every possible angle (I do believe).

Children will actually mature, adults will grow old and die. Genetic inheritance will likely be more apparent (as opposed to the "random" faces you might see in the original Sims, as in the original, some of the adopted children look more like the parents than the biological children). Babies/children will have to be taught (or not taught) how to walk, go through potty-training, etc. However, the "progress" any Sim makes in any stage of their life will be up to the player.
MJHermi
Ooohh... I wonder what happens if you haven't potty trained the baby and he/she had already grown up to be a kid? laugh.gif

Thanks for answering my question. smile.gif I do have a couple more though... do they still speak in the old Sims language? Or have they also evolved in that aspect? (I've always found their gibberish talk funny everytime they converse)
Quistis88
I think they still retain their Sim lingo. It sounds like many languages mixed together, since you occasionally hear an English word (or think that you do . . .)! Perhaps in TheSims2, the jabber has more variety.
wolfi1412
well, who cares if they have more variety.. it's still gibberish..

anyways, The Sims2 was on PS2 and it costs money... I want one, but no hope of I will get one..

EDIT: visited the sims site.. it says PC not PS2
tainted_roses
my sister's ex-bf got it for us though he still has to send it here since he lives in the US=D ive seen couple of advertisement bout it and i just hope itll really be better=)
wolfi1412
is it for PC or PS2?
Girlie Alchemist
I played the siims2 it was great well i seen on tv that some of the sims u can play on ps2 like sims bustin out
Aqua_Alchemist
I played it at my crazy friend's (lol) house the other weekend. We created 'The Thins' where you make everyone as thin as possible, thus their child is even thinner, we then managed to get them set on fire etc. It was pretty funny, but it got boring after a while, since he refused to play it properly lol. We ended up playing RO, which was enjoyable since we caught a Drops *YAY* cool.gif .
wolfi1412
QUOTE(Aqua_Alchemist @ Sep 30 2004, 06:11 PM)
I played it at my crazy friend's (lol) house the other weekend. We created 'The Thins' where you make everyone as thin as possible, thus their child is even thinner, we then managed to get them set on fire etc. It was pretty funny, but it got boring after a while, since he refused to play it properly lol. We ended up playing RO, which was enjoyable since we caught a Drops *YAY*  cool.gif .

Haha.. I love making fun of the ppl.... I once make a guy who have 4 or 3 girlfriends!
Tashi
heh it took me about 30 seconds to find where to download a bootleg (several actually) so for those of you who are broke, its out there.
Gashole
Heh, the Sims. I played it when it first came out. I had a witch and Sailor Moon living in the same house. When Tuxedo Mask came over, the witch was all jealous and there was a confrontation. Someone else got burned when cooking and her ghost haunted the house. After a few weeks of intense soap opera and other things, I got bored and erased the whole data. It was a waste of time. tongue.gif
wolfi1412
what we're doing right now is a waste of time too... don't u realize that?
filimonovna
I'd love to play it! Actually The Sims get boring after some time, but I suppose, it'll be really funny for several days! ^__^
Gashole
Well, I guess now that we get to interact with other players it wouldn't be too boring and predictable. But I don't have time for games. Everytime I play a game I do nothing productive for several consecutive days. It actually makes me feel guilty.
wolfi1412
u somehow makes me guilty too.. I'm overflooding this forum for these few days.
Spectrum Alchemist
One of the best features in the game has to be the just huge amount of unusual looking people you can create. That feature has been greatly improved from the sims 1 so now you can customise your creations to make them look really bizzare in case you didn't know. Eg:

IPB Image

They are just disturbing i admit...
Riza Babe
LOL thats FREAKY!! ph34r.gif dam are they married? well i made a family with fma charators i made edward,al,roy,riza and me smile.gif

and my other family is Riza and roy smile.gif!! they work in the miltary
wolfi1412
that pic was freaky...
heretic
wolfi1412   Posted on Oct 10 2004, 06:54 AM
   that pic was freaky...

You should see the offspring of those two parents!! when you click on the add baby thing it will create one using the dna from the two parents so just imaging what the child will look like!! laugh.gif

This game is really addictive, i'm having trouble keeping my sisters off the pc because they alwasy play it. (plus i got to reinstal the game now and again because they make so many wierd families and ask me to change it back rolleyes.gif )

Its a really good game though, much better and not as boring as the first sims!

and my other family is Riza and roy smile.gif!! they work in the miltary

could you show us your Riza and roy family Riza babe? i'd like to see how well Riza and Roy can be recreated in the sims. apparently you can create lookalikes of a lot of celebs, there are thousands of posts on how to do that!! wink.gif
wolfi1412
yeah, actually I've been wondering on how to make characters like that?
Cloud28
lol, funny picture, wow the graphic for sims 2 is really good, wat are the system requirements??
wolfi1412
i'm not sure, but what i know it's going to take a lot of space..
Spectrum Alchemist
  i'm not sure, but what i know it's going to take a lot of space..

Roughly 4 gigs if i remember correctly.
wolfi1412
my friend said it's 2 mb
Cloud28
wa, 2mb????? thats like nothing.....are u sure?or u mean 2gb? biggrin.gif
wolfi1412
uhh.. not sure, but I think it's 2 something.. and I believe it should be big.. I guess 2 giga.. btw, how much a computer can hold up to? how big was the first one up to Unleashed?
Quistis88
I do believe it's 4 GB.
wolfi1412
blink.gif .. the first one was bigger than the third one?? I mean second.
Drakhaon
It's around 4 gigs on 4 cd's... I didn't like it that much it was too much like the first one which wasn't that fun after sometime. Plus you don't get as much stuff as you do in the first one which means more and more expansions will be coming out for the 2nd one I bet. Arg!! mad.gif
wolfi1412
I just played it!!! omg!! it's way cooler than the old one!! I love it!!!
Spectrum Alchemist
I now know that it is: 3.5 gigs accorging to the back of the package
wolfi1412
o.O....
Elderberry
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Sep 19 2004, 10:55 PM)
Genetic inheritance will likely be more apparent (as opposed to the "random" faces you might see in the original Sims, as in the original, some of the adopted children look more like the parents than the biological children).

Ahahah...one of my friends designed Sims that looked like Ranma and Akane (from Ranma1/2), and the child turned out to be this blonde Caucasian... blink.gif

Sims2 sounds like even more fun, except that my computer is exceedingly slow, and it probably would crash if I tried to run the game...happy.gif
alchemistgirl zero
Does anyone here play the Sims? I have: The Sims, The Sims Vacation, The Sims Unleashed, The Sims House Party, and The Sims 2. I have a bad habit of tending to ruin their lives. happy.gif I don't mean it...it just happens. Anyone else here play the games?
Carnal Malefactor
I've never played any of those games, but a friend of mine composed some of the music in them. True story.
K1ller0fs0uls
I got the first and the second sims on my playstation 2... really fun game I like to mae small houses with graveyards sorrowding them... don't ask me why.
Gashole
Addictive for the first two days.
K1ller0fs0uls
QUOTE(Gashole @ Jan 6 2005, 06:18 PM)
Addictive for the first two days.

you can say that again... I forgot my life while playing this game... I was worried more about my sims peeing then myself.
water_alchemist
addictive...tring to get off of it..i have the sims deluexe edition, the sims superstar, the sims unleashed, the sims vacation, and im getting the sims 2
K1ller0fs0uls
I don't know why playing god with people lives is so addictive... I just answered my qestion...
alchemistgirl zero
Believe me, it was fun to play God during the sims. I would often cry, "Worship me! Worship me! Your god demands a sacrafice of blood! Worship me!" at my computer screen while my sims screamed for food. laugh.gif
Whoa. Total Greek God moment. blink.gif
Riza Babe
YEAH!!! SIMS 2 OWNS!!!!!!!!!!! lol I want sims the urbs!!
Quistis88
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Jan 6 2005, 06:07 PM)
I've never played any of those games, but a friend of mine composed some of the music in them. True story.

Wow. Good for him, and I mean that. The music is great in that game, especially the piano compositions. Simply amazing. I still have trouble playing some of that relatively new age piano stuff.

The game is addictive for about a month or so (for me), then it just gets repetitive. But after a while, you go back to it and you get addicted again. I was a cruel SimGod, per se, and killed off people just so they'd come back and haunt the living. Fires are fun to start when you "neglect" to install a smoke detector.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.