Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rumiko Takahashi Manga Fans?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Manga
alchemistgirl zero
I like Rumiko Takahashi's manga. Not extremely flashy or shiny, but very good and the eyes aren't humongous. My favorite manga are Inu-Yasha, Ranma 1/2, Ursei Yatsura, and Mermaid series.
Victory_to_Battle
yeah I read Inuyasha, Ranma 1/2, and the mermaid series, I love her stuff, and her artwork is awsome
catnick-jam
Ive only read ranma 1/2 really love the series. Rumiko Takahashi is also my favurite manga-ka XD
Kirara
I am also a Rumiko Takahashi fan. I love Inuyasha, Ranma 1/2 and Maison Ikkoku.
Gashole
Her artwork is not exactly the best (see Ranma vol 1) but she's pretty creative and I like that she always creates awesome female characters.
Joy to suffering
I've only read InuYasha,(which I loved,) but if Victory has her way, I'll read Ranma soon enough.
Ryan227
I've read a lot of Ranma 1/2 and InuYasha and all (I think...) of the mermaid series. I like her art all her characters are cute even though they all look alike. There's a girl in one Ranma book I think one up in the 20s, one about the tribe that turned animals in to girls using the spring and she looks just like Kagome. Then again like I said they all kind of look alike...
alchemistgirl zero
Rumiko Takahashi's work kind of lies more on the storyline than the artwork. It's kind of oldfashioned 80s anime. happy.gif Yay, 80s!
Kihaku
Hmm.. I'm not either such a big fan of the art... Ranma 1/2 and Inu Yasha were one of the first manga serieses I read and loved! I still haven't read all of them though.. I love Ryouga and Sesshoumaru wink.gif
Hmm.. I've read Maison Ikkouku, which is one of the great examples how the art develops wink.gif I really liked that series, but if it hadn't been so hilarious I would have been tearing my hair out with the relationship problems wink.gif
I've also read a few volumes of one pound Gospel (nice wink.gif )
Mermaid Saga (scary, touching...)
Lum Urusei Yatsura (fun and hilarious wink.gif
and the Rumic World trilogy and Rumic theatre.. Hm... I hope I didn't foget anything... *thinks hard*
Altogether.. I really love the humour in her serieses wink.gif the art is plain and simple, and somehow different from other styles I've seen. Also it's hard to tell if her manga is shoujo or shonen.. Pretty much in between in my opinion wink.gif
alchemistgirl zero
Sesshoumaru fans, unite!!! happy.gif I have a Sesshoumaru chibi plushie.
alphonsethearmoredone
any yall know were i can read Ranma 1/2 online in english

i've never read any but im a big fan of inuyasha so i wood like to read some and if i like it mabe i'l more then likely buy some later
Kihaku
alchemistgirl zero: Sesshoumaru is adorable! wink.gif Way too adorable for an evil character.. and I sooo want a plushie of him...
alchemistgirl zero
kihaku: there IS a Sesshoumaru plushie! I bought one at media play! laugh.gif They're too cute!
*makes Sesshoumaru plushie dance*
Kihaku
Media play? What's that? huh.gif With my lcuk I'll never be able to get one...
alchemistgirl zero
It's a store that sells DVDs, CDs, and a lot of anime things. You can find the location of the one nearest to you at www.mediaplay.com cool.gif
Gashole
@Kihaku: Wow, that's a lot of wink.gif . ph34r.gif

What I like about her humor is that she takes it from an everyday life, which makes it more original and less predictable. I like that one scene from the Mermaid Saga when the girl is told to make tea and messes up and another scene from the Rumic Theater when one of the women on a diet goes eating a bag of potato chips. laugh.gif

Actually, from what I've seen, Mitsuru Adachi kind of has the same humor/style as Takahashi's. Not sure if his work has been licensed or what, though.
xrninja
big fan of takahashi's work! i love ranma, inuyasha, and maison ikkoku, and rumic theatre too (although some of the stories are a little odd). urusei yatsura's okay, not as good as maison ikkoku and etc. takahashi's stuff really got me into manga, and then anime. happy.gif
alchemistgirl zero
Ursei Yatsura tends to only be funny if you get some of the Japanese culture and stuff. It's mostly inside Japanese jokes, kind of like in Excel Saga. tongue.gif Most people I find like Inu-Yasha though.
AutomailEd95
Inuyasha is by far my favorite manga or anime period. It is almost to the point that I obsess over it, so I guess you could say I love her work.
Kihaku
Gashole:
Yeah I kind of noticed... must be because of the topic wink.gif.

Hmm... yeah it's funny that most seem to like Inu Yasha.. I guess that's because it's her most recent work? I actually liked it more than Ranma 1/2 at first.. but it does drag a little and Ranma 1/2 works better as a longer series in my opinion. I guess that would be a my favourite from Takahashi's manga, although Inu Yasha was really close at becoming my favourite... I was enthusiastic about it right from the start (the great hype died down a little..) and Ranma 1/2 kind of grew on me...
alchemistgirl zero
The problem with Inu-Yasha now is that it's too popular and people think it's overrated. ^^;; Ah, how populartiy can take and bite you in the ass.
Zidan_chan
I really enjoyed reading Inu-Yasha s it was one of the first manga that I have read. There were so many volumes though and it seemed that the series would never end. I began reading Ranma 1/2, but I did not care for it as much as Inu Yasha. Maison Ikkouku was also a wonderful manga that relates more to realy life. All of the insane neighbours remind me of people I know. I still have to read Takahashi's Runic Theatre though. (Would anybody reccomend reading Urusei Yastura?)
the_lightning_alchemist10
Rumiko is the BEST!!!! I love Ranma and Inu Yasha. Inu Yasha was one of my first anime shows that I loved. I'm sorta obsessed with it, I admit it. I just got into Ranma 1/2 too, and I LOVE IT!!! It's too funny!!! If ya'll ask me, she's a genius.
animejunkie429800
Eh? I didn't post? . . . . . mellow.gif

Oh well. I like Rumiko's ideas though and her way of expressing things are great! Her plotlines are great too. happy.gif
MiyokoChan
YAAAY!! I love Rumiko Takahashi's work. She has such a great sense of humor and doesn't take everything so seriously. (However she is able to take seriously what needs to be taken seriously.) Ranma 1/2 is one of my all time favorites- I just think it's hilarious. I rarely literally laugh out loud when I read, but I do when I read that series. Plus it just blows me away at how long she was able to keep it going. Her casts are HUGE. It's hard to manage large casts, but she does it so well!! She's very inspiring to me. I really like all of her other work, InuYasha included- I really think it just has a good, solid story with strong characters. And just when it gets a bit soap-opera-y or melodramatic, there will always come a great moment of Takahashi wit to make it all better.
Willow
Rumiko's awesome! I love her series! Inuyasha and Ranma 1/2 are my favorite! ^^
POTOPHREAK
I love Takahashi's work too! Ranma 1/2 is one of my favorite manga series!
EdElricsGal93
My current favorites are Ranma 1/2 and Maison Ikkoku. Yotsuya is my all-time favorite character. biggrin.gif He's so cute. I'm also starting to take a liking to Yagami, who I used to hate.
Allegra
I like InuYasha and Ranma 1/2, I wish she wouldn't draw such.. beyond realiling stuff thouhg. I need my eyes to read FMA manga x_X I just find it unnecessary.
Jen_Elric
Takahashi-sensei is one of my fave manga-ka's!!! I'm reading Inuyasha, and have yet to start on Ramna 1/2 (which sounds so good!).

Gah, Inuyasha is so good, but sooo loong!!
the_lightning_alchemist10
Takahashi-sensei is one of my fave manga-ka's!!! I'm reading Inuyasha, and have yet to start on Ramna 1/2 (which sounds so good!).

Gah, Inuyasha is so good, but sooo loong!!

YOU SHOULD START RANMA 1/2!!!!!!!!! It's sooo funny I know even though a have read only up to #3 (I have yet to find even 1 copy of #4) so funny.
Femalchemist
[size=3]Yes I love Sesshomaru!!! Rumiko is really talented. I love the stories most of all I think. How she can come up with all these different situations for her characters. Ranma I buy for the laughs. Sometimes I won't read them right away and wait until I need a good laugh before reading them and boy is it worth the wait! tongue.gif [color=#FF0000]
Allegra
QUOTE(Femalchemist @ Nov 14 2005, 04:31 PM) [snapback]314635[/snapback]

[size=3]Yes I love Sesshomaru!!! Rumiko is really talented. I love the stories most of all I think. How she can come up with all these different situations for her characters. Ranma I buy for the laughs. Sometimes I won't read them right away and wait until I need a good laugh before reading them and boy is it worth the wait! tongue.gif [color=#FF0000]

Yeah, I just get those from the library. SESSHOMARU RULES!!! *bows down to the mighty over lord* I think we all know who should have REALLY gotten the cool sword tongue.gif
nakagos bunny
I like Inuyasha, that's the only one I've read.
No_One
I've read Ranma 1/2 up to ..............I want to say 6. But It's sooooooooooo funny! I couldn't stop laughing! laugh.gif Alot of my firends who into manga and anime feal the same way.
I've been wanting to read Inuyasha, mostly because I like the show, but I can't find #1. dry.gif
RoyalRoyai
I love Takahashi's works!
Ranma 1/2 is awesome. I was so addicted to it once upon a time. One of the funniest manga I've ever read!
InuYasha is really good too. Though it's so long! I read some of the manga, but I have all the eps and two movies ^__^.
YAY for Takahashi!
Venus Alchemist
I love Inu-Yasha and Ranma 1/2!!
Inu-Yasha is what got me into manga! I know they're long, but they're so damn funny!
Her works are so awesome, I couldn't live without them. I have 1-24 on Inu-Yasha and Ranma 1/2! laugh.gif
Fuu Hououji
RANAMA AHHAHA IM A HUGE FAN OR IT ^^ <3 it and Inuyasha!!!!
Venus Alchemist
I love your siggy, where did you get it? It's soooooo cool!
paca
Oh! has anyone read the last chapter of inu-yasha manga????????????????
asunder
Read Maison Ikkoku and Ranma 1/2 manga .....then you'll realize how recycled inuyasha is ~
paca
oh! really??? TT_______________TT.
I prefer to go on reading inu yasha than read that and realize that inu yasha is recycled...that will be sad for me.
joanne45
QUOTE(Kirara @ Jan 6 2005, 05:58 AM) [snapback]75979[/snapback]
I am also a Rumiko Takahashi fan. I love Inuyasha, Ranma 1/2 and Maison Ikkoku.

...don't forget Urasei Yatsura and The Mermaid Saga. They're all my favorites.
joanne45
QUOTE(RoyalRoyai @ Mar 24 2006, 08:50 PM) [snapback]368897[/snapback]
I love Takahashi's works!
Ranma 1/2 is awesome. I was so addicted to it once upon a time. One of the funniest manga I've ever read!
InuYasha is really good too. Though it's so long! I read some of the manga, but I have all the eps and two movies ^__^.
YAY for Takahashi!

I always read Ranma 1/2 and Urasei Yatsura since I was in mid twenties. It's a very addictive and very hysterical funniest mangas I've ever read.
Drakenzar
I love Inuyasha...but I had no idea that Rumiko Takahashi has also made Ranma 1/2
Fujihakama
I like Inuyasha and all, but isn't it dragging out a little too long? She started Inuyasha how many years ago? 11, 12 years ago? I can't believe she hasn't run out of ideas yet!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.