Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fma Dvd/bd (first Series) Discussions
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1)
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Tombow
@Toby - I'm going to merge your thread to FMA DVD thread. smile.gif
ETA: Thread merged.

BTW, you know that is not the official DVD set, right??
asunder
QUOTE(Toby @ Jan 31 2007, 02:39 AM) [snapback]499035[/snapback]
Its finaly come about on Ebay but the price is much more than what i payed for the first half. does anyone know some good online anime sites for the 3 disc set and not the individual "mangas". BTW what is manga other than a term to discribe Over priced japanamation before it comes in a set? I dont get it.

I think you should realize that FMA comes in two flavors : an anime and a manga. Manga is equivalent to a comic book/graphic novel, aka this is a book.

For good places to buy anime online I usually like http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/ and http://www.amazon.com ... I also used to use http://www.bestprices.com/ but i don't think the url works anymore.
Twilight Warrior Alchemist
well, no since I recorded the English dub onto DVD,
and since I downloaded most of the Japanese on
the 'net. *blushes*
Tombow
For a time being, I'm moving this from FMA Anime forum to FMA Anime American Audience sub-forum. smile.gif
(I'm trying to sort out all duplicate threads on FMA DVD. ^^)

ETA: Feb. 19
I'm temporarily going to pin this thread so that it's not going to get lost while I'm consolidating all DVD threads. Hope that's ok. ^^
Naivete
Not buying it because:
1. Too expensive (AUD$30 DD=)
2. I already have the subs on a disk; not the best quality but hey, good enough smile.gif
3. I'm not so obsessed that I must own every single FMA merchandise
PUKE
i have some of the anime dvds. but i stopped since i have the fansubs on a CD. great quality, so i am not complaining.
Broken Chouchou
Actually, I have a question. Does anybody know if you can buy the boxed sets of FMA (you know, season 1, season 2 etc) with the PAL system, labeled region 2?
Archiver
~ Fullmetal Alchemist -box Set Archives-, I got it!! ~

I looked around the forums, but I can't seem to find a topic on this, so I decided to give my post on it.

This is one of those reallyexclusivejapaneseboxsets. If you order it on Amazon, it is 47, 775 instead of the RRP.

What do you get for it (for those who might not have heard)? You get the entire series on DVD, the OVAs and CoS. CoS also comes on a Blu Ray with the English Dub and other features on it.

You get the main Original Soundtracks and the Song File Collection, a Chronicles Book, the postcard artwork with CoS Limited Edition and of course, the box.

Source:
http://www.hagaren.jp/box/boxinfo/index.html

<Merged the thread. May 23, 2009 ~ Tombow>
Munou_No_MustangTaisa
http://playlog.jp/hagaren_tv/blog/

I found this on the Hagaren staff blog:

BOX限定の特典ディスク、"SPECIAL DISC"は2枚あります。

"SPECIAL DISC 1":

こちらは、「第1、25、51話の英語吹替え版+オーディオコメンタリー」のDISC。

ここまでは告知されてましたが、コメンタリーのゲストもやっと判明しました。
水島精二監督、朴璐美さん、大川透さんによるコメンタリーです。

For those who knows Japanese, does this mean that in the boxset they have will a special disc with episodes 1, 25, 51 separately having English dubbed voices playing along with commentary voices from Mizushima, Paku san and Oka-san?

If so this would be awesome <3
Haven't heard Oka-san doing any commentary work before, this is sure a good seiyuu fan service merchandise.
Tombow
QUOTE (Munou_No_MustangTaisa @ Jan 15 2009, 02:02 PM) *
BOX限定の特典ディスク、"SPECIAL DISC"は2枚あります。

"SPECIAL DISC 1":

こちらは、「第1、25、51話の英語吹替え版+オーディオコメンタリー」のDISC。

ここまでは告知されてましたが、コメンタリーのゲストもやっと判明しました。
水島精二監督、朴璐美さん、大川透さんによるコメンタリーです。

For those who knows Japanese, does this mean that in the boxset they have will a special disc with episodes 1, 25, 51 separately having English dubbed voices playing along with commentary voices from Mizushima, Paku san and Oka-san?

It might be, but it could also be English dubbed episodes 1, 25, & 51, then some commentaries from the director Seihi Mizushima and Romi Paku san and Okawa san, but not necessarily on these episodes. I can't tell for sure from the posted Japanese blog entry alone. I hope it would be the former, as you described. Yeah, that would be nice!! biggrin.gif

BTW, I will merge this thread with the existing FMA DVD discussion thread later. For now, we can continue the discussion on the new box set here. smile.gif
Munou_No_MustangTaisa
QUOTE (Tombow @ Jan 15 2009, 01:39 PM) *
It might be, but it could also be English dubbed episodes 1, 25, & 51, then some commentaries from the director Seihi Mizushima and Romi Paku san and Okawa san, but not necessarily on these episodes. I can't tell for sure from the posted Japanese blog entry alone. I hope it would be the former, as you described. Yeah, that would be nice!! biggrin.gif

BTW, I will merge this thread with the existing FMA DVD discussion thread later. For now, we can continue the discussion on the new box set here. smile.gif

Hello Tombow XD

I also extremely hope that it will be as such~ *Jumps up and down with joy*
Thinking of Oka-san getting to do commentary for the show makes me so excited,
cause it's so rare he will ever get to do this kind of work.
To me Mizushima doesnt seem to like Roy, not that he has anything against Oka-san but he seemed to be butchering Roy's role, personality and Roy's relationship with Hawkeye Chuui. (Piff I am kinda pissed with him in some sort of way)

Since from the experience we see from The Gekijouban Conqueror of Shambala special, the iron circle of 3 for commentary will always most likely be Mizushima, Paku san and Kugimiya san.

I was surprise when I saw them put Oka-san's name on the blog.
But yea we will never know what will happen in the end when they do the final release.
Though on TOSTATION Oka-san's Official site they did put such info update on their site.
I just hope for the best any how~ XDD

Munou No Mustang Taisa
xXdark_angel_nekoXx
wow that is so cool. i so want it now. darn it i need a job. dry.gif dry.gif
Edward Cardinal Elric
I have had it preordered through amazon.co.jp for months and I am really looking forward to its release next week.

Archiver
I've pulled enough money together and have now ordered it. Looking forward to it.

----------

ETA: Jan 29, 2009

I Got The Box Set Archives!, Any questions you want answered

Howdy all,

I got the Box Set. The exclusive Japanese Fullmetal Alchemst Box Set Archives. Or FABSA (it seriously says that on the side of the box).

When I get my FMA site up at the start of March, I will post a feature on it. For now, ask any questions you want and I will answer to the best of my ability.

Pictures coming soon.

Thanks all,
Archiver

I Got The Box Set Archives!, Any questions you want answered

Howdy all,

I got the Box Set. The exclusive Japanese Fullmetal Alchemst Box Set Archives. Or FABSA (it seriously says that on the side of the box).

When I get my FMA site up at the start of March, I will post a feature on it. For now, ask any questions you want and I will answer to the best of my ability.

Pictures coming soon.

Thanks all,
Archiver
Tombow
@Archiver - Glad your box set has arrived to your address safely!! biggrin.gif

BTW, I combined your two threads about the FMA DVD box set, for now.
Eventually, as I stated before, this thread will be merged to an existing thread for discussing FMA DVDs. smile.gif
Edward Cardinal Elric
My 鋼の錬金術師 Box Set Archives shipment arrived today as well. I was glad to see that it was very well packaged inside of a specially fabricated protective box complete with carrying handle. I am very fond of the original artwork that adorns the DVD/CD cases as well as all of the extra goods and new video content. Unfortunately, the series DVDs that were included with this set apparently do not have English subtitles (I do not speak Japanese at all, so I am basically left staring at the screen and just enjoying the voices huh.gif ). Additionally, I am having some trouble in getting a few of the DVDs to work in my computer's DVD drive (no, I am not trying to play the Blu-ray disc in a DVD drive laugh.gif ). However, I am extremely glad overall that I decided to purchase this little gem (actually it is not really all that little and is rather weighty). I took a few preliminary pictures of everything and they can be seen below. I apologize in advance for my camera phone's very poor image quality.

xXdark_angel_nekoXx
wow that is so sweet. argh i need to get a job and get it.
Archiver
It's pretty big for a DVD boxset. You have no idea how big it is until it is in front of you.

For the curious, I originally thought with the cels they took a copy of CoS and for every copy cut up five cels, since it is limited edition. I have the exact same cels as Edward Cardinal Elric. I'll be comparing to the official FUNimation release to see if they have touched up the video (I watched Ep 1+2, and I don't think they did).

Definitely is an amazing boxset.
Tombo
~ Box Sets, Normal Vs Funimation ~

For those of us in England

As you all probably know there are set to be 4 box sets covering the FMA series. FMA Season One Part One etc.

There is also a funimation version each containing 25 episodes.

Is the funimation going to be EXACTLY the same as the original? Have funimation edited ANYTHING?

<Merged thread to FMA DVD discussion thread ~ Tombow>
Popogeejo
@Tombo - To my knowledge Funi didn't change anything.
Also, aren't all the DVDs by Funi unless you're importing the Japanese originals?
Tombo
QUOTE (Popogeejo @ Feb 9 2009, 09:53 PM) *
To my knowledge Funi didn't change anything.
Also, aren't all the DVDs by Funi unless you're importing the Japanese originals?

not sure, theres box sets produced by ' Studio: Revelation Films Ltd '
Ryoheii
It's great ^^ a pity thats price limit us to buy.

Sorry, one question, the box have some about FMA new series? I thought read something about that had a preview... Thanks!
edo little kid
Yaaaaaaaaaaay WONDERFUL!!!

crybaby.gif sorry.gif stretcher.gif <<<<< I want it, I want it. I want it
thecrimsonking
~ Episodes 26, 27, And 28?, HELP NEEDED!!! ~

I am sure this question has been asked already, but where are episodes 26, 27, and 28?

I bought the complete season 1 and part 1 of season two and I watched season 1 (AMAZING!!!!!)... but now I must watch season 2. However, it starts off with episode 29. D: WTF? Where are they? Am I missing something? How can I watch them? *dies*

Thankee in advance. biggrin.gif
Tombow
Hello thecrimsonking, welcome to the board!

I assume you bought official DVD/BD set of FMA anime (first series,) right?
Could you tell us little more info about the DVD set you bought? Is it the latest "Archive" set? Or, was it some other English subbed set for the U.S.?
More info will be appreciated. smile.gif
thecrimsonking
I'll just find them on youtube or something... The Complete season one box set we got has eps 1-25.

The Season 2 part 1 box set we got has eps 29-40.

WTF?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tombow
QUOTE (thecrimsonking @ Jun 7 2009, 11:56 PM) *
I'll just find them on youtube or something... The Complete season one box set we got has eps 1-25.

The Season 2 part 1 box set we got has eps 29-40.

WTF?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@thecrimsonking - You're not providing us with the information we need to help you out. Could you tell us more info about your DVD set?

Have you PURCHASED that DVD set?
If so, from who? Is it officially licensed DVD set? If so, is it Japanese DVD set? Or is it for U.S.? Or is it for Asian region? Or is it for other region? Is it in Japanese? Or is it in English dubbed? If so, by who? Or, is it Japanese with English dubb option? Over the years we had many differently packaged sets of officially licensed FMA DVD set, and we need more info from you for the particular set of DVDs you have, if you want us to help you out with your question.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.