Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fma Dvd/bd (first Series) Discussions
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1)
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Maes-Hughes
QUOTE(Phyco girl @ May 26 2005, 11:36 AM)
I usually just get it at Bestbuy or the bookstore. I don't have to pay shipping and handling and sometimes it actually is faster unless you pay like $10 just for next day shipping. I have the 1st manga although I've read up to the 47th chapter online.
[snapback]179892[/snapback]

i rather read the individual manga's instead of goin online and readin cuz then ill have all manga of the set jus like im doin wit the dvds
AlphonseRules
QUOTE(Phyco girl @ May 26 2005, 02:36 PM)
I usually just get it at Bestbuy or the bookstore. I don't have to pay shipping and handling and sometimes it actually is faster unless you pay like $10 just for next day shipping. I have the 1st manga although I've read up to the 47th chapter online.
[snapback]179892[/snapback]

Plus they are always cheaper at Best Buy. All of the FMA DVDs so far have been $20 at Best Buy versus about $30 at most other places.
Suesoroshii Kouu
But of course, it gives me time to watch my favorite anime series. Whilst, also makes me not have to panic and be all, "When is this episode gonna air again?".

I tend to watch the Japanese with subtitles.. tongue.gif But that it gives you a choice is great!
Keos
Well, technically, mine are the Australian format (Region 4) of the US official DVDs, but yes I am currently collecting the set and plan to get all of them. The collectors tins are really sweet - well worth the money.

I was counting on the movie to have a happy ending to complete my great collection, but since that hasn't seemed to be possible, hopefully they will release something happier just to conclude the series on a happy note.... it will certainly make my money seem ever well spent on those DVDs....
Scars of love
I have Volumes 1-3 currently and getting Volume 4 tommorow.
Karo
I would get the dvd's myself,. but they cost too much for 3 episodes on 1 dvd. So I just get the fansubs. smile.gif
GS4Life
I have the first one, I'll probably buy the one with Words of Farwell and mabey the one with Scar vs Ed and AL too .
meg08
Eventually, yes
chocolate_eds_everywhere
i got them for 12 buck on dvdprice search.com and a bunch of other animes for like $9
hahahahaha mine were cheaper
sorry bout that i got carried away
ed's numbuh 1 fan
i have all the ones that came out so far smile.gif
Wyrd_Raven
Already pre-orderd Vol 2 Box set :3
The Mistakes Of A Teacher
... I want them all... but sadly im just a poor optamistic fool
Ladymercury
Vol. 6 boxset starter kit is smex.
The Fuzzy Alchemist
Give Me Them All!! And I Am Buying Them All!!
Master of Alchemists
As soon as they come out.Who wouldnt?
Fullmetal Fangirl
No. XD

Full stop.
Katrina Forest
Whenever I really like a series in fansub, I get the commerical release. Period. I don't think it's fair to do otherwise. Besides, fansubs do *not* make good AMV footage, and neither do the tapes I record on TV.
Demonhunter399
of course i will buy them. ill buy them all and that is b/c im an FMA fan. if i want then y would i say that.
Roi Moustang
What do you put if you have all of the japanese episodes and you also are going to buy them in english when they come out? I know good and well i will buy them because i like to compare the dialoge between the sub-titles and the actually english written dialoge... Come on now FMA Rules is every language... YOU KNOW THIS MAN!!!
hahahahaha
i realy want them but don't know how to get them i live in norway HELP HELP HELP
1st Lieutenant Fuzor Leogala
It better come out in Australia soon, but m only bying the box set, it takes to long buying single DVDs
Keoni
Actually I'm already the proud owner of 7 US version dvd's. biggrin.gif

I actually have the intire series (and movie) fansubbed, but I really like the English dub plus the quallity of the subs is better.
Besides if my computer crashes (no please don't !) I'm left with no eps at all (AAAAH!) sad.gif
Popogeejo
I'm waiting for the 6th DVD to come out for the UK.Damn PAL sad.gif
Still only 7 more days to go biggrin.gif
Jedi28
I already own all the ones that have been released. Now I'm waiting for the next one to come out in May!
FullmetalMagician
For me, if I don't find any fma in japanese w/ english subtitles for the next days, I'm going to buy the english dubbed ones!!
strong_arm1
Yes, I plan on buying all of them. Right now I have the first eight...
Suzume^
Actually, I first saw FMA on dvd, when I got the firs dvd in last christmas. It was European region, though. I had to buy the 2nd one, but soon after I had got that, I realized that I had no money. ;_; And dvd:s are SO expensive..... for my wallet. So, I decided to be a bad guy and downloaded the rest of the anime. Btw, I tried to listen the English dub in the first episode (after I had seen the whole dvd in Japanese). I couldn't stand more than 5 minutes. Ed's voice... was... so.. american! No! He's voice actor HAS to be woman! It just sounded so weird... that manly speaking.... No! *still gets chills* And Al's voice was... maybe it was almost okay, but still.. Uh, I dunno.
asunder
No,

I don't like FMA enough to want to rewatch it. I'd rather buy the eva boxset at the end of the month. I've also been eyeing the ranma boxsets.....My anime dvd collection yearns for it!!
Tombow
We had another FMA DVD thread with DVD informations, but I'm assuming it got deleted (?) so, I'm copying the FMA DVD (U.S. release) info on this thread again. smile.gif

Volume 1: The Curse (Episodes 1-4): Release Date: February 8, 2005
Official Price: $29.98 (Amazon Price $19.99)

Volume 2: Scarred Man of the East (Episodes 5-8): Release Date: April 5, 2005
Official Price: $29.98 (Amazon Price $26.99)

Volume 3: Equivalent Exchange (Episodes 9-12): Release Date: May 31, 2005

Volume 4: The Fall of Ishbal (Episodes 13-16): Release Date: July 26, 2005

Volume 5: The Cost of Living (Episodes 17-20):Release Date: September 20, 2005

Volume 6: Captured Souls (Episodes 21-24): Release Date: November 15, 2005

Volume 7: Reunion on Yock Island (Episodes 25-28): Release Date: January 10, 2006

Volume 8: The Altar of Stone (Episodes 29-32): Release Date: March 7, 2006

Volume 9: Pain and Lust (Episodes 33-36): Release Date: May 2, 2006
Official Price: $29.98 (Amazon Price $21.99)

Volume 10: Journey To Ishbal (Episodes 37-40): Release Date: June 27, 2006

Volume 11: Becoming the Stone (Episodes 41-44): Release Date: August 1, 2006

Volume 12: Truth Behind Truths (Episodes 45-48): Release Date: September 5, 2006
Official Price: $29.98 (Amazon Price $20.99)

Volume 13: Brotherhood (Episodes 49-51): Release Date: September 12, 2006
Official Price: $29.98 (Amazon Price $15.76)

(Release dtates may not be completely accurate. sleep.gif)

Volume 13. release came earlier to accomodate the FMA "Shambara.." movie DVD release.
For FMA movie DVD release discussions, please go to FMA moviie DVD release thread in our
FMA movie sub-forum. smile.gif
VincentProxy
Its only $20 in our store, so its cheaper then amazon because we dont have to pay for S&H lol!

each one is $20 I mean XD

I plan on buying it, when I have about $250 of random cash that I dont need LOL.
FMA4ever
I have every DVD (including the movie), except the last 3 DVD's. They're already out I just need money. happy.gif
juggalo
HELL NO!!!!!! there just trying to rip you off, 4 episodes for $30, WTF?, ive already got all 51 downloaded and onto a cd anyway
Ratzenheich FMA Super fan
I'm still thinking about it but the prices... oh crap. I'd only buy it if there are at least some extras such as collectibles or anything of significant value to a fan. $30 for 4 episodes is overpriced. I pre-ordered the Limited Edition US version FMA movie for only $25 from Amazon. It's got collectibles and extras besides the movie itself, and I can't wait to see that 64 page book that comes along with it! So I think it's a steal. But $30 for 4 episodes and no extras... oh... that's quite overpriced.

@ Suzume

I think the voices of the English version are better than the Japanese. And the Al voice for the English version... OMG. I wish my voice is exactly like that. Yeah, yeah, my voice is kinda like that but it not the same... there an Al kinda cuteness to it. And I already heard the real voice of Al's voice actor... he sounds EXACTLY like Al in the anime... ohmy.gif I should have that voice... my name is Alphonse anyway! wink.gif Lucky voice actor, all those girls adore him. dry.gif Anyway, it odd though, Aaron Dismuke, Al's voice actor is REALLY tall for his age. He's like 5"11 and he's 14 years old now. ohmy.gif
Toby
Ive looked all around and i can't find the second half of the english dubbed series. Ive stumbled upon this site wich just keeps saying coming soon but this is what im looking for.

http://www.animegod.com/test/program.php?m...nfo&id=2744

Threads merged.
Nepharski
I'm holding volume 11 (Episodes 41-44) in my hand right now. Check Amazon.
Wyrd_Raven
Yeah its out on DVD I have all 13 volumes released by Funimation plus the movie.
Tombow
^^ Haha, I thought it's a post by Toby-chan and I was like, "??" laugh.gif

Yap, all the FMA anime series DVDs are out.
I posted info on "Are you gonna buy FMA DVD??" thread. smile.gif
Toby
QUOTE(Nepharski @ Oct 12 2006, 09:32 AM) [snapback]458813[/snapback]

I'm holding volume 11 (Episodes 41-44) in my hand right now. Check Amazon.

Yea ive checked those out and i must say they are way overpriced here for $24 for 4 eps.
The link i gave was to the DVD box set

First dvd box set came with eps 1-26 and cost me about $28 altogether
Now im seeking the second DVD boxset english dubbed wich also like the first has 3 disks
Tombow
QUOTE(Toby @ Oct 13 2006, 12:07 AM) [snapback]459098[/snapback]
First dvd box set came with eps 1-26 and cost me about $28 altogether
Now im seeking the second DVD boxset english dubbed wich also like the first has 3 disks
Looks nice, but, is this the official set?? (Just curious. biggrin.gif)

Oh, and if we continue dicussions on FMA DVD, please continue the discussion on existing
"Are you gonna buy FMA DVD??" thread. smile.gif
Toby
Well what do you think? Ive provided the link so you tell me what you make of it.
Real or a bootleg. But i guess maybe ill just have to keep checking for the boxset.
Toby
QUOTE(juggalo @ Oct 10 2006, 04:54 AM) [snapback]457762[/snapback]

HELL NO!!!!!! there just trying to rip you off, 4 episodes for $30, WTF?, ive already got all 51 downloaded and onto a cd anyway

I agree 30 dollars or even 26 dollars for only 4 episodes is retarded but apparently people are paying it.
My suggestion to you is to check Ebay. I was very satisfied with the price I payed for the # of episodes i got. To say the least it looked like the real deal biggrin.gif

QUOTE(VincentProxy @ Oct 7 2006, 10:43 AM) [snapback]456211[/snapback]

Its only $20 in our store, so its cheaper then amazon because we dont have to pay for S&H lol!

each one is $20 I mean XD

I plan on buying it, when I have about $250 of random cash that I dont need LOL.

Pardon my double post but what store is this you pay only $20 dollars for them?
Chiyo
Well the official DVD's are about 17 each here, which is about $40 I believe. I got the whole series for 20.
Colette
Nope, I have no plans on buying them.
Tombow
QUOTE(Toby @ Oct 14 2006, 08:37 AM) [snapback]459572[/snapback]
Well what do you think? Ive provided the link so you tell me what you make of it.
Real or a bootleg. But i guess maybe ill just have to keep checking for the boxset.
@Toby - There is no Official Box set out yet, if that answers your question. biggrin.gif

If we continue dicussions on FMA DVD, please post on existing
"Are you gonna buy FMA DVD??" thread. smile.gif

Tombow-san, ttara, you...intentionally "modified" record player, you....XD

...EKE-sama - Sorry!! tongue.gif ~Tombow

ETA: Thank you EKE-sama!! happy.gif
Wyrd_Raven
Price of an FMA per disc:
Japan - 60 bucks
US - 20-30 bucks
BOOTLEG (which you have and is robbing both companies) - Cheap for a Cheap disc.

Thanks for posting that link though. We have to keep one step ahead of the bootleggers.
Le Monkey
No chance, I hated the Dubs over the originals, I have the Japaneese ones.
And fansubs, tongue.gif
FMA4ever
Here at Best Buy the are 19.99$
Tombow
Updating the FMA DVD (U.S. release) info on this thread again. smile.gif

Volume 1: The Curse (Episodes 1-4): Release Date: February 8, 2005
Official Price: $29.98 (Amazon Price $19.99)

Volume 2: Scarred Man of the East (Episodes 5-8): Release Date: April 5, 2005

Volume 3: Equivalent Exchange (Episodes 9-12): Release Date: May 31, 2005

Volume 4: The Fall of Ishbal (Episodes 13-16): Release Date: July 26, 2005

Volume 5: The Cost of Living (Episodes 17-20):Release Date: September 20, 2005

Volume 6: Captured Souls (Episodes 21-24): Release Date: November 15, 2005

Volume 7: Reunion on Yock Island (Episodes 25-28): Release Date: January 10, 2006

Volume 8: The Altar of Stone (Episodes 29-32): Release Date: March 7, 2006

Volume 9: Pain and Lust (Episodes 33-36): Release Date: May 2, 2006

Volume 10: Journey To Ishbal (Episodes 37-40): Release Date: June 27, 2006

Volume 11: Becoming the Stone (Episodes 41-44): Release Date: August 1, 2006

Volume 12: Truth Behind Truths (Episodes 45-48): Release Date: September 5, 2006
Official Price: $29.98 (Amazon Price $20.99)

Volume 13: Brotherhood (Episodes 49-51): Release Date: September 12, 2006
Official Price: $29.98 (Amazon Price $15.76)

(Release dtates may not be completely accurate, tho. sleep.gif Prices are at Amazon.com)

Volume 13. release came earlier to accomodate the FMA "Shambara.." movie DVD release.
For FMA movie DVD release discussions, please go to FMA moviie DVD release thread in our
FMA movie sub-forum. smile.gif
Stealth
Even though guy's are hopeless 99% of the time for that 1% it is worth puting up with them. in other word's my old arm candy bought it for me smile.gif.To bad i broke up with him because i really wanted the movie.joke.
Toby
<Merged "Fma Dvd 3disc Set Part 2 (eps 27-51), Help! where can I buy it cheap?" thread with the following two posts here. ^^ 01/30/07 ~Tombow>

Its finaly come about on Ebay but the price is much more than what i payed for the first half. does anyone know some good online anime sites for the 3 disc set and not the individual "mangas". BTW what is manga other than a term to discribe Over priced japanamation before it comes in a set? I dont get it.

Anyways... I looked on amazon and ebay but I really wanna eliminate themiddle man. Strange thing is the only guys that have this areselling it from Australlia. WHERE ARE THEY GETTING IT FROM! HELP!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.