Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Making A Section For Fma (and Other) Rps.
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Site Support Center > Member Requests and Suggestions
Pages: 1, 2
Ero_da_alchemist
<NOTE: This has been implemented. Please visit our RolePlay Community fourm! ^^ ~ Board Staff>

Ok.I belive that these fourms will be slightly more exciting if there was an Rp section for you boards. You could have levels for each person's character and stoy lines that members make up. Also, i have the code for status under each members avatar. I can help too. If this is not enought detail PM me.
water_alchemist
yea i thinkwe should have an rpg section! it would be really cool. can you PM me to tell me more details?
Slashrose1010
A role-playing section would be cool. I would certainly participate in that. If you guys actually make a section for this I would also like to be PMed about it. Maybe, you can have a place where people could sign up for an RP "subscription" so you know who wants to RP. After that, people can start different threads so that people can choose which story fits them and if tehy wish there should be a way to restrict how many member can be in a thread so it doesn't become overwhelming. If you think too many threads would be created the threads can be created by moderators. In the beginning you they can make 10. Take out the ones that are not popular and try different ones. There could probably be about 15 RP threads if enough people participate. If you really want to restrict poeple from posting too much limit peopel to be only able to join one or two RP's at a time. Again, please PM me if you decide to make RP's and have more information. Thanks biggrin.gif
water_alchemist
QUOTE(Slashrose1010 @ Dec 31 2004, 08:59 PM)
A role-playing section would be cool. I would certainly participate in that. If you guys actually make a section for this I would also like to be PMed about it. Maybe, you can have a place where people could sign up for an RP "subscription" so you know who wants to RP. After that, people can start different threads so that people can choose which story fits them and if tehy wish there should be a way to restrict how many member can be in a thread so it doesn't become overwhelming. If you think too many threads would be created the threads can be created by moderators. In the beginning you they can make 10. Take out the ones that are not popular and try different ones. There could probably be about 15 RP threads if enough people participate. If you really want to restrict poeple from posting too much limit peopel to be only able to join one or two RP's at a time. Again, please PM me if you decide to make RP's and have more information. Thanks biggrin.gif

wow..i like these rules...
Slashrose1010
Thanks, Water. Hopefully the moderators will like them too. I really want to try this out.
Foolio
as long as i can be a vampire alchemist i support this
Slashrose1010
lol. To sustain yourself couldn't you just turn water into blood instead of draining people.
water_alchemist
QUOTE(Foolio @ Dec 31 2004, 09:42 PM)
as long as i can be a vampire alchemist i support this

lol why rould you want to be the vampire alchemist?
Foolio
because im addicted to Vampire: The Masquerade - Boodlines. besides vamps kick ass.
Ero_da_alchemist
Well, i say we should talk to the admisistrators. Mabey there could be one or two rpgmods to work on the leveling up of our characters and to keep the boards in order. Also, The post in the rps should be long, none of this.

"jake walked through town. "

We would like detail, capitalization, grammer,spelling and punctuation.If you support PM bryantq.
water_alchemist
hm...about this idea im going to pm a mod. to see if they like the idea.
Ero_da_alchemist
Already have. He liked it adn he was going to make sure that bryantq heard about it. ^_~
Slashrose1010
Nice. I like your idea about the short pointless posts. I think we might actually get an RPG section guys. Good work.
Roy Mustang
Well Well Well....this is kinda like my idea of the RP game that I described a Few days ago...I tell the people, to make some of this gaming having a few rules, having ranks, having knowledge, and here we are. That mean that you're interested in my idea.

Ok, I'm going to release some of my ideas in a topic, and, if the mods or the admisn are interested, we could make this game come true.
loz12
QUOTE(Ero_da_alchemist @ Dec 29 2004, 02:20 PM)
Also, i have the code for status under each members avatar.

You mean an RPG hack?
I can make those either just for fun stats going up when you post or the admins contolling your stats.
Roy Mustang
That It's something like the rank, the status, in the RPG, but It has to have the suport of the Admisn because they can change it, so for Example loz12 you, instead of ciizen would have, Leader or Fuhrer, or Fullmetal Alcemist or so.
Omakase Shimasu
biggrin.gif Sure you want me to lock this topic? It looks like there's still more things to discuss. wink.gif I can always leave this one open until we've gotten the final word about it from bryantq.
Roy Mustang
Sorry, I wast'n refering to this topic, even when I send you this URl...I was refering to another topic.

Yes, there is a lot to discuss in here, so don't lock It...

There is another topic in Open Chat where we are discussing another points and ideas if you or anybody wants to participate.
Ero_da_alchemist
Roy it was my idea and i have more details to decribe. So , DON'T TAKE MY CREDIT!!!
loz12
no i mean something like this http://s3.invisionfree.com/duelling_X/inde...view=getnewpost
look underneath the pips
Roy Mustang
I'm not taking the credit, I have an older post about that, And I have the same amount of Ideas as you...
Zio
A Role Playing section?

I have my doubts. Role Playing boards are usually one of the hardest boards to control. Aside from the usual "I start a fight and I win because I control the greatest character evah! LOL!" godmodding crap, you would also have people who want to control character from the series and that is always a pain, espically if the people who want to control the characters can't even type properly or type in character.

I think that if you really want this idea to get approved, try making a VERY detailed list of rules and maybe even punishments for those who break the rules. Then send it to the administrator and see if he will approve of it.

EDIT: And let's not forget that almost EVERYONE will want to be a State Alchemist with some sort of powerful alchemy that almost impossible to do.
Quistis88
QUOTE(Zio @ Jan 4 2005, 09:16 AM)
I have my doubts. Role Playing boards are usually one of the hardest boards to control. Aside from the usual "I start a fight and I win because I control the greatest character evah! LOL!" godmodding crap, you would also have people who want to control character from the series and that is always a pain, espically if the people who want to control the characters can't even type properly or type in character.

I think that if you really want this idea to get approved, try making a VERY detailed list of rules and maybe even punishments for those who break the rules. Then send it to the administrator and see if he will approve of it.

EDIT: And let's not forget that almost EVERYONE will want to be a State Alchemist with some sort of powerful alchemy that almost impossible to do.

I completely agree. The mere planning itself will take very long if we want to make sure that the RP is fair to everyone and will survive, not to mention maintain some sort of order. Sooner or later, there'll be flamers all over the place.

I don't want to be a State Alchemist. I want to be a fiery bookstore owner. tongue.gif
hagane_no_tokage
i concur...as fun as roleplaying is, with hagaren having gone mainstream to every illiterate 9-year-old who stays up too late to watch anime, that's just asking for trouble here on this board... we seem to be ovverrun with n00bs who can't type as it is... >_< perhaps they'll learn one day, but an RP setting is no place for typing lessons...

and i don't think i want to be a state alchemist, either... i kinda like my tokage the court excorcist character. laugh.gif quis, can i get a preferred reader card from your store? ^___^
Quistis88
Yes, you can, that is, if the RP ever comes to fruition. biggrin.gif I could open a library, too. You can't be a State Alchemist without research sources, and I could have all of those at my fingertips, and give access only to those who are worthy. <insert evil laughter>
Foolio
only 10 yr old kids with no life will wanna be a SA. VIVA LOS VAMPIRES (well technically theyre dead but meh...)
Kuroi_tenshi_Anna
OMG YA I TOTALLY WANNA RP IT WUOLD B SO KOOL AND STUF LIKE THAT PLZ TELL ME IF TAHT HAPENS CUZ I WANNA DOIT LOL!!!!!!!!!

>.> kidding...dramatic effect.

actally I was looking for an FMA RP and happened to stumble across this thread. besides, i pretty much live on this site nowadays ^^;;
... and Im not a 9-year-old n00b...

[/QUOTE]EDIT: And let's not forget that almost EVERYONE will want to be a State Alchemist with some sort of powerful alchemy that almost impossible to do. [QUOTE]

actually, I'd wanna be a chimera! I've already thought up my whole background and story and drawn out my char (see craptastic avatar) ...ya so, I'm here to add my support ^^
Slashrose1010
If anyone ever starts an RPG in these forums PM me details and when it is going to start.

^^^I guess it would be kinda hard to control. Especially if people refuse to die or whatever. There are some flamers and spam-artists (I'm kinda one but I would totally take this RPG seriously). If any of you guys need help with anything for getting this all setup just PM and I'll get right on it smile.gif I want to get a quality RPG up and running soon. (Not that Queendom is bad, it's just that I'm not in it).
bryantq
I will consider this however it will most likely be a community run board, meaning the forum moderators and staff simply will not have the time and resources to devote to its moderation (ie i might open up a rp forum, and whatever goes on inside of there will be your guy's business. if complains and stuff arise to a point where moderation is necessary i will either appoint a fulltime rp mod, or close it down.)
haplo
cant get attachments to work will u explain
Full Flame Alchemist
That's cool. if it happens then please PM me. laugh.gif

Plus I wouldn't want to be a state alchemist, i would want to be a homonculus.
Chibi-Usa
So there's a small chance of a rpg
Slashrose1010
@_@ I started an RPG but not an FMA one tongue.gif
Chibi-Usa
Really? Where?
Des
This sounds great! Definitely PM me when this gets running.
Kaji_Renkinjutsu
I could probably make an FMA rp thinger..It'd take a while, but I'll try and make one. Anyone want to help, or no? blink.gif
Full Flame Alchemist
Elaborate(I like this word) how you want us to help.
Kaji_Renkinjutsu
QUOTE(Full Flame Alchemist @ Feb 17 2005, 06:38 AM)
Elaborate(I like this word) how you want us to help.
[snapback]115883[/snapback]

I dunno..maybe with a cool layout or something. My skills are very limited when it comes to HTML.
Slashrose1010
If anyone is interested here is my RPG (just click the picture to go to the thread):
IPB Image
Join The Night Of The Long Knives RPG!

Though it is not in any way FMA related. Completely original. Tell me if anyone starts an FMA one.
TheAlchemist
RPGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG !!! *screams**jumps around*

It would be lovely to have an FMA RPG section, I would gladly participate immensely (according to the rules and doctrines of my school-schedule *ahem*). I myself run 4 RPG forum and would be happy to help in any way *bows*
~.:Anime_Gal:.~
cool!!! hopefully it will happen....VERY SOON
and if it does, for goodness sake tell me!!!!!

and if u guys need help, i would be glad to help around ^^ *well if its not too much work.....*
Drina
Hey! Hi there!
----- Ava_Michelle is trying to start an FMA RPG. There's a link in my signiture if you're interested. You can be a cannon or a "outside" or made up character. She's having you audition for it. She's pretty darn strick about it too. Just check it out. It wouldn't hurt you to do so. Besides, we're going to try to "start" on Sunday. Couldn't tell you what time, just that it's Sunday!
-----*Sigh* We'll only start if we have all the cannon characters, though. I think that we need more homogs.

------------------JUST CHECK IT OUT!
-----I've got a character. Heh heh.

GO! BE ONE WITH FMA RPGing!!!

tongue.gif
RavenKnight
Wouldn't it be better if some influental and enterprising member just created his own board and draw people there? It would fix the RPG spilling into other forums (IC conflicts become OOC problems), allow easier organization and a much more durable story, allow for development of a quality and long lasting RPG (the aforementioned short post problems would be removed, for example) and much more.

If anybody is willing to work on it, PM me or something and I'll gladly share some of my ideas and experiance. And no, in no way am I running another RPG. Participate yes, run, no thanks.
Fireblend
Great idea! I support this all the way!
bryantq
If you guys find at least 2 staff members willing to moderate an RP forum it could happen wink.gif
Kazer
Well, on another forum I used to go to, they had a RP forum and a Advanced RP forum. The RP forum would be full of newbies trying their hand on RP with strict moderation and the Advanced RP thread filled only my RPers handpicked by mods with low moderation. If we followed that system, their shouldn't be any big problems.
Robo-Mechanic
this sounds really cool and all but can we be anything and do we make up our own story for our own character
Art of Misconception
I think roleplaying would be nice, but no offense, after awhile, it just gets on the nerves since people try too hard to portray the characters and it's a bit drastic.
Chopper Enthusiast
There is more to Roleplaying than having a character walk through town. Do you realize what happens when characters fight!? The massive amount of rules it takes to make everything fair!?

And...OOC....
The accursed OOC. One look at it makes even the bravest person's bowels loosen if they are not accustomed to it.
animefangirl
sounds like a good idea to me !
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.