Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2nd Fma Movie Trailer Uploaded
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > FMA Conqueror of Shambala Movie
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Sycia
And now, for the trailer you've all been waiting for~ :)

Fullmetal Alchemist: Conqueror of Shambala
鋼の錬金術師; シャンバラを征く者

IPB Image IPB Image

IPB Image [img]http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/tmp/files/news/movietrailer/scrnsht_04.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/tmp/files/news/movietrailer/scrnsht_05.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/tmp/files/news/movietrailer/scrnsht_06.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/tmp/files/news/movietrailer/scrnsht_07.jpg[/img]

Download it at the official Japanese website here

What was said by Ed through the trailer (the narration of title of the movie excluded):

Opening words:
===========================
エド:
何かを得るためには同等の代価が必要となる。
錬金術、等価交換の原則。
引き裂かれた俺たちの痛みは、何を得るための代価だったのか。

Ed:
In order to gain something, one must sacrifice another of equivalent value.
That is the law of Alchemy. Equivalent exchange.
Was the pain of our seperation the price for something?

Yelling bit:
エド:
ここが俺たちの世界だ!

Ed:
This is OUR world!

Note:
I don't watch fansubs nor the dubs so my take on the rule/ law of Alchemy might be a little different from the English side, but I've got the meaning down roughly.

The movie will open nationwide in Japan, come summer 2005.

Sources:

Official TV series website (Jpn) >> (link)
Official Movie website (Jpn) >> (link)
xrninja
yesss! laugh.gif interesting trailer, i didn't really get what was happening. happy.gif;; i'm really hoping this is post-51 though.

.....is ed's automail different...? blink.gif
Riza Babe
OMFG ED LOOKS HOT!!!!!!! and we finally see eds dads face in the picture wow.
Sycia
QUOTE(Riza Babe @ Dec 29 2004, 09:55 PM)
OMFG ED LOOKS HOT!!!!!!! and we finally see eds dads face in the picture wow.

Ed's Dad's face...........????????????????

And yeah, Ed's automail looks a little different...
Riza Babe
You know at the beggining of fma the eps you can't see err whats his face ahh damn forgotten his name in the picture and in the trailer u can!
telepika
Other than his automail looking different, Ed looks the same... ??? Like he didn't age... But he looks older (And taller) in the picture on the website... I'm confused.
Sycia
QUOTE(telepika @ Dec 29 2004, 10:14 PM)
Other than his automail looking different, Ed looks the same... ??? Like he didn't age... But he looks older (And taller) in the picture on the website... I'm confused.

^_^; That's why I said the trailer was messing with muh head. Same goes for everyone else who sees it, I believe x_X

Riza Babe: :o But... That guy in the mask was featured in this article and it doesn't look like Ed's dad....
RolfKaese
Riza Babe means the foto at the beginning! It's the first time that you fully see hohenheim's face in it, holding up chibi Edo-kun... happy.gif
Sycia
QUOTE(RolfKaese @ Dec 29 2004, 10:36 PM)
Riza Babe means the foto at the beginning! It's the first time that you fully see hohenheim's face in it, holding up chibi Edo-kun... ^_^

OH OH!!! XD Sorry Riza Babe!!!!
Omakase Shimasu
Miracle. *___* The artwork actually seems like it's been improved... Didn't they would manage to do that.

Ed's eyes. *swoon*

Sycia-neechan~ I love you! X3 I'm gonna try and watch the trailer now. (Key-word: try -.-;;)
Sycia
Well BONES is already well known for their excellent standard of animation (take a look at Cowboy Bebop the movie), so ^____^ no worries on the technical aspect of this movie.

Those eyes~ So determined... I like... ŽD

Kaseshi-chan: ^___^ I love ya too~ *glomp*
Omakase Shimasu
^^; I completely forgot about that movie. Ah, can't forget about Wolf's Rain either, ne? ^.~ Beautiful.

*__* I just saw the trailer~ Happy days! But it was so short... and the flow was a bit choppy at times. ^^;; But maybe that's because of the Windows Media Player we have - old version. -.- It also makes me extremely curious. ph34r.gif Darn you BONES for being that secretive about things~

Hehe, Riza B. was right. Hohenheim's face was clear as crystal, but that wasn't the only change. Ed did the narration this time. biggrin.gif And my, he sounds older. But he's still chibi. ^.^
Sycia
They can be really secretive. Remember what they made us all go through just before episode 51? No preview trailer, not even a title to go with it~
Omakase Shimasu
>.< Very evil. But also very effective. smile.gif Personally I couldn't wait to get my hands on that last ep and not knowing what I could expect made watching it much more enjoyable. Even though it was sad. T.T
Cloud28
wow, after watching this...it made me want to watch the movie even more lol
KevLar
This is what I make of this trailer:

proves it's post episode 51

This is OUR world!
Someone from the otherside of the gate (where Ed is now) comes over.

That much can be inferred. I must reflect on it more before I make further conclusions. cool.gif
Omakase Shimasu
QUOTE(Cloud28 @ Dec 29 2004, 03:21 PM)
wow, after watching this...it made me want to watch the movie even more lol

^I rest my case. biggrin.gif
Sycia
QUOTE(KevLar @ Dec 30 2004, 01:30 AM)

Hmmm... I hope BONES doesn't go overboard and make FMA into something like Sliders ^_^;
blueices
proves it's post episode 51

This is OUR world!

My thoughts exactly!

Ahh, when I first heard news of this tears filled my eyes (kind of embarrasing actually) laugh.gif
well, I'm gonna go watch it now....

[blue wanders off to watch...]

[blue sprints back to post!....]

Oh my , I got the audio (Ed's voice: Sugoii!!!!!) But I'm not getting the visual...I'll have to try again...

I had to watch the chibi version, but it was very exciting...The best part was Ed's voice (by far) wink.gif "Hanyan...." (Blue runs off to listen to the audio over and over again)
Al-luh
Oh my my! The music was so nice! I missed FMA! I was so happy just to watch this trailer! T.T

blueices Posted on Dec 29 2004, 11:01 AM
Oh my , I got the audio (Ed's voice: Sugoii!!!!!) But I'm not getting the visual...I'll have to try again...

I had to watch the chibi version, but it was very exciting...The best part was Ed's voice (by far)  "Hanyan...." (Blue runs off to listen to the audio over and over again)

Hai! His voice was very sugoi! I couldn't stop listening either! hehe! T.T I could only see the chibi version too!
Quistis88
Ohh, I have no idea what's going on in the footage.

But a newfound curiosity awakens.
cool_cola
this trailer made me really watch the movie and it messed up my mind of whats going to happen in the movie, with all of the new character and the translation. ahrhrhhrhrhrrrhhh... cant wait for the movie
l_Edward_Elric_l
maaan u guys have no idea how bad i wanna bootleg that XD awesome trailer but much too short : [ o well, looks wicked awesome from what i've seen happy.gif
rock on
dani
why is Al still in that armor??? @__@ confused.....but happy to see that the trailer is out...cool!!!! can't wait!!! FMA GANBATTE..dun disappoint us ne....
hagane_no_tokage
i'm left thinking it's either a flashback, or that al does something to
Spoiler: (Click here to Display)
jernas
WAOW! the movie trailor was amazing can't wait to see the movie!
but but....
why Edward wears his red coat in the cover of the movie he wears the same as in the last episodes and beside Al really confused im so afraid that the movie will be different and not related to the series at all oh so what will happen to edward in the series ??
Sycia
QUOTE(jernas @ Dec 31 2004, 07:37 PM)
WAOW! the movie trailor was amazing can't wait to see the movie!
but but....
why Edward wears his red coat in the cover of the movie he wears the same as in the last episodes and beside Al really confused im so afraid that the movie will be different and not related to the series at all oh so what will happen to edward in the series ??

:P That's why all the fans are confused.
BONES seems to be enjoying their disposition by not disclosing anything about the movie heheh~
jernas
P That's why all the fans are confused.
BONES seems to be enjoying their disposition by not disclosing anything about the movie heheh~

mm....i hope that the show will be 4 hours for the movie tongue.gif
and i hope that will be related to the anime series T_T
onegaishimas BONES don't let us shocked !!
dogbite
i dont get it.first off if they put a trailer why is it 2 seconds long.

perhaps its a memory,but i truelly doubt that.
blueices
The_Lazy_Alchemist
It is like...official. Windows media 10 sucks. Quicktime is small, but at least I could see it.

Ed is older, he sounds older, but he doesn't look older. Thank goodness. I'm glad he's still small. That means he'll probably still have temper tantrums.

Phoenix_alchemist
Well when BONES made the Rahxephon movie, they messed around with the storyline of the original series and then added stuff on top.

Maybe they are planning to do something similar with changing part of the original story before adding more plot?
M3i
Of course, it's always possible that that 5 second clip has nothing to do with the movie itself.... sometimes trailers show off the characters and don't really follow through with any story based on the trailer. So while the masked guy will be in the movie, you don't know for sure if that scene is actually gonna happen.
Besides, if they're still storyboarding the movie, then why would they start animating it?
android #!7
OMG! OMG! OMG! I've been waiting for this for soooooooo long laugh.gif I'm so happy i could cry. But the movie isn't gonna come out 'til this summer and since i'm not in japan, I'll have to wait until there's a fansub and that's not gonna happen until maybe 2006 dry.gif But atleast i get to see a sneak peek at it , right huh.gif
Queen of the dammed
I think I have a theory..... perhaps thats like in the MOST MIDDLE BIT of the gate or something... and I was thinking that the masked guy is the gatekeeper or something(Lame I know) Envy travels as the dragon thing and gets the guy and disguses as him. The for some reason Ed winds up there (haven't thought up that bit yet) and finds Armoured Al ( Who, is the philosoher's stone and the 4 years worth of memories which the gate took) And they fight against Masked guy!Envy... (lame and cliche but it kinda makes sense in my head.)
ashtrale
*dies* OMG that trailer was so cool. *wonders when the subbed version will be avilable*
Sycia
I've written down the translations on the first post~
ashtrale
I meant the whole movie ...I wonder when it will come out and when it will be subbed. smile.gif
Sycia
Oh oh~

Hmm... that's really hard to say...
Japanese don't start distributing raws until the DVDs come out (which is usually half a year later), or they just bring a video cam into the cinema itself and tape (and you'd also see people's heads at the bottom)...
ashtrale
Yes. People's head at the bottom. I got one where halfway through the movie, the screen went blank then suddenly there was this person walking towards the restroom. The movie never continued.
*sigh* That means I'll have to wait for at least a year then..
Sycia
QUOTE(Queen of the dammed @ Jan 1 2005, 04:42 PM)
I think I have a theory..... perhaps thats like in the MOST MIDDLE BIT of the gate or something... and I was thinking that the masked guy is the gatekeeper or something(Lame I know) Envy travels as the dragon thing and gets the guy and disguses as him. The for some reason Ed winds up there (haven't thought up that bit yet) and finds Armoured Al ( Who, is the philosoher's stone and the 4 years worth of memories which the gate took) And they fight against Masked guy!Envy... (lame and cliche but it kinda makes sense in my head.)

Hmmm..... you know... scrutinizing that guy behind the mask (and looking at him without it...)

... he DOES kinda resemble Envy's true form... O_O;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; *ph34r5*
TRON
I think that the masked guy is the gatekeeper (like someone said) and When Al tries to bring back Ed they both get sucked in the gate where the gatekeeper is and like Envy is there too so there a big fight , then all of the sudden a purple giant monkey comes out and he has mini-diablo minions. Then they all blow up and thats it
Damnit, wtf. It keeps saying I need to install some language pack to view it but I need some disc which I don't have...

*sigh*

Can someone tell me why it won't work? Quicktime needs the language packs for me but Windows Media Player just says "ARRRRRRRGH! We suck! So we can't play the movie for you!" unsure.gif
Sycia
? You don't need to install the language packs (which are only for viewing the Japanese text on the site itself). Just click on the picture saying Quicktime >> Large / Small size. The windows version doesn't work for some reason so you'll have to settle for Quicktime.
Fresh_Coffee
Damn I couldn't see the tralier because Windows Media is working! *Screams* I'm not using my own computer so I guess I'll have to wait awhile.
_alchemist
hey, maybe the Al pictured in the trailer wasn't really Al, but someone else's soul is in that same suit of armor. it is possible, since we see a scene where the masked man is doing something to Al's suit of armor. he might have attached another soul onto it. maybe..
Omakase Shimasu
It seems people on Animesuki have started subbing this same trailer. biggrin.gif So if you have BitTorrent you can always download it from that site instead.

And I agree, the guy does resemble Envy in a way. ph34r.gif Scary thought because when I first saw him I thought it was Bald... -.-
Panzer Dragoon
My computer won't let me see Bittorrent files for some reason. Besides that, I hope Al is in the movie and not someone else, like _alchemist guessed.
Sycia
Oh dear....
If it really were Envy... the staff really want to see him get his just deserts.... o_O;

Then again, during the recent event, the special conversation Envy has with Greed (never shown in the anime and containing stuff on Greed's past) suggests very VERY strongly that Envy is still alive....

If anyone wants, I can translate it (since the transcript of it is included in the event pamphlet...).
KevLar
QUOTE(Sycia @ Jan 1 2005, 11:11 PM)
If anyone wants, I can translate it (since the transcript of it is included in the event pamphlet...).

please do
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.