Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2nd Fma Movie Trailer Uploaded
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > FMA Conqueror of Shambala Movie
Pages: 1, 2, 3
blueices
Yes please do! That sounds like very interesting info!

Also, to follow up on the "Envy will come back theory" , Does anyone know if Envy's voice actor is on the cast list (ditto would go for dante..or even hohenheim)..After all, with this series, you just never know!
KevLar
IPB Image
Does this read:
"The decision has been made to make the show into a film"
or
"The story of the film has been decided"
?
Sycia
QUOTE(KevLar @ Jan 2 2005, 07:17 PM)
Does this read:
"The decision has been made to make the show into a film"
or
"The story of the film has been decided"
?

The decision has been made to make the show into a film.

I'll get back to you guys on that translation of the Greed-Envy conversation soon. I have some work to complete at the moment, so I'll do it later.
Sycia
Translated the Envy - Greed conversation and made it into another topic since it's a little spoilerish.

http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/forums/...=ST&f=16&t=2259
Shadowreaper
Did someone delete my post explaining what Shambala actually was? If so, please tell me why. I was hoping for some feedback.
Sycia
Oh, posts have been vanishing of late. Server transfer is to blame~
Crisi
I haven't noticed anyone else mention this, but we just watched the last episode agian today, after watching the trailer. Anyone else wonder if that isn't the "Island of Toure" that Hans is talking to Hoenheim about? They mention that that is where god lives. Which might make sense that it is inside the gate, between the sides or something?
And I agree that the guy in the mask could be Envy, the hair style is the same as Hoenheim's bangs which I think is what Envy had as a human. The hair color and eye color could be teh same cause the lighting is really funky.
Damn I hope that movie answers some of these questions.
Crisi
Okay, I was just watching the last ep agian and I noticed that they mention the "Island of Toure" at the very end when Hoenheim is talking to Proffessor Hans. Anyone else wonder if its not that island? They said they think its where god lives, which makes sense that it could be between the sides of the gate. Anyone know anything about that or the Chruch of Toure?

The idea of Envy being the guy in the mask could be possible. Same kind of bangs style as Hoenheim, which I think is what he had as a human, and the hair and eye color could be right, its hard to tell cause of the lighting. But what was with being a dragon???

I really hope that movie clears up a few things.

>>>Sorry, I messed up and posted this twice...
lialiakicks
Hm... Well, this is what I thought about the Al and Ed in their original form...

Spoiler: (Click here to Display)

How does Envy play in this confusing mess? Did Hohenheim stay on the other side of the Gate? What becomes of our former Dogs of the Military? What did Ed do during his 2 years of studying in Munich (or wherever the hell he went in our world)? Exactly how long is this movie gonna be? Is someone gonna put a fansub of it on the Net? And will I stop asking questions?!

ARGH!!!

@_@ *dies*
Sycia
Well I dunno.... at the end of the TV series, you notice Ed looks more mature, but in the trailer he looks just as he was when the series started out...

... plus the fact that he's got his red coat again bugs me. oO He loves it that much?
KevLar
QUOTE(Sycia @ Jan 4 2005, 12:31 AM)
Well I dunno.... at the end of the TV series, you notice Ed looks more mature, but in the trailer he looks just as he was when the series started out...

... plus the fact that he's got his red coat again bugs me. oO He loves it that much?

I agree. He doesn't even look 16, or whatever his age was at the end before he went across the gate. Also, I thought he lost that red coat a while ago.
Omakase Shimasu
laugh.gif I'm not even going to attempt this guessing game. I'll just wait patiently for the fansub to arrive, if it's going to at all. I'd be very upset if it doesn't. T.T

His red coat? I'm ecstatic that thing has finally made its re-appearance in the movie. ^^v I kinda missed it in the later episodes.

Oh, @KevLar, I'll have to ask you to remove or resize your signature. biggrin.gif;; The width can't be any larger than 300 pixels.
Shadowreaper
Spoilers about Shambala ahead...

Ok, apparently my previous post got deleted somehow. So I'll try to repost what I can remember. I was kinda long...

Check these sites out:
http://www.crystalinks.com/shambala.html
http://www.berzinarchives.com/kalachakra/m..._shambhala.html

It seems that Shambala(Shambhala) is a belief similar to FMA's alchemy. It has a lot to do with circles like alchemy's transmutation circles. I'm guessing this guy in the trailer is a believer in Shambala and somehow comes to Ed and Al's world and thinks that alchemy is Shambala. One quote from the first site..."Many western explorers, hearing tales of a Golden City of Shambhala [gold is a metaphor for the alchemy of consciousness that is occurring now], sought to find it in the frozen wastes of northern Tibet."

Also, as I saw someone mention the Island of Toure in a previous post...that might be the island in the trailer. Hopefully this post won't get deleted...
KevLar
QUOTE(Omakase Shimasu @ Jan 4 2005, 09:02 AM)
His red coat? I'm ecstatic that thing has finally made its re-appearance in the movie. ^^v I kinda missed it in the later episodes.

I liked it in the beginning but I also welcomed the change.

QUOTE(Omakase Shimasu @ Jan 4 2005 @ 09:02 AM)
Oh, @KevLar, I'll have to ask you to remove or resize your signature. biggrin.gif;; The width can't be any larger than 300 pixels.

Oh yeah well... I wanted to change it so tongue.gif . If you want that rule to be universial, inforce it in the settings.
Omakase Shimasu
Man, I love how your new signature compliments your avatar. laugh.gif Great job.

Hmm, you certainly have a point. I'll have to question bryantq about that. wink.gif
Growler
Ok an older persons thoughts

I suspect that the movie will follow along the lines of the Cowboy Bebop movie which was set inbetween acouple of episodes.

What this means is that the FMA movie may be an adventure that the boys had during their search.

The above is my initial thoughts.

All this guessing that it is somehow how Al got him back etc does not do much good.

All I can suggest is that anyone who lives in Japan who will see it v quickly should post a breif resume of the movie when it comes out but dont post any spoilers.
Omakase Shimasu
QUOTE(Growler @ Jan 4 2005, 09:33 PM)
What this means is that the FMA movie may be an adventure that the boys had during their search.

But then why would Bones say the movie takes place 2 years after the series? biggrin.gif;;
Sycia
QUOTE(Growler @ Jan 5 2005, 07:33 AM)
All I can suggest is that anyone who lives in Japan who will see it v quickly should post a breif resume of the movie when it comes out but dont post any spoilers.

I'll be posting the whole summary of it after I see the movie (hopefully on its opening day).

Since it'll be a summary, I won't even bother about leaving out spoilers. By then there would've been enough teasers for the English audiences...
the ghost of the furture
How many series has FMA had?
the ghost of the furture
The show end with too many un anwserd questions and the moive wont anwser any of these questions,so there for they must make more or make a moive that finishes what they started.
Felidae
QUOTE(the ghost of the furture @ Jan 5 2005, 04:41 AM)
The show end with too many un anwserd questions and the moive wont anwser any of these questions,so there for they must make more or make a moive that finishes what they started.

If your name actually was "the ghost of the future" instead of "the ghost of the furture" I could go and make some stupid comment about how you already know the movie won't answer anything, because you, coming from the future, already watched it. Damn.

HagaRen was only one series, btw. And I don't think they are going to do more, at least I hope they don't.

I'm pretty sure the movie _will_ answer some questions... And do they really need to answer everything?
the ghost of the furture
first of all its just a name, also i have bad sellping. anyway i reviewed the clip and the last edpoise(agian forgive the sellping) and they just dont go, the clip is befor Al even got the Stone in him. They need to awnser some questions: will Al and Ed find each other?,what about wrath,envy, and the others. AND more is all ways better! P.S. what is HagaRen?
_alchemist
QUOTE(KevLar @ Jan 4 2005, 12:51 AM)
QUOTE(Sycia @ Jan 4 2005, 12:31 AM)

I agree. He doesn't even look 16, or whatever his age was at the end before he went across the gate. Also, I thought he lost that red coat a while ago.

hopefully...HOPEFULLY *crosses fingers* that the trailer was just a flashback of something that occurred before episode 51. because hell, i want to see a hot and older/mature Ed!! in the last few episodes he was just so wow... wink.gif !

and yea, he was 16 when he got sent to Munich.

P.S. what is HagaRen?

hagaren means fullmetal, wait, i think it's supposed to be spelled Hagane. or maybe it's another word that i am not familiar with since my japanese sucks. =/
the ghost of the furture
the only reason i think the moive might be AFTER the show is because the pic. of Ed on the site to Download the clip, but that could be nothing. i hope to it is a flash back or somthing, or mybe Bones is screwing with everyone!
_alchemist
QUOTE(Felidae @ Jan 4 2005, 08:49 PM)
I'm pretty sure the movie _will_ answer some questions... And do they really need to answer everything?

man, the movie better tie up all the loose ends that Episode 51 left for us. [i.e. dante, envy, al, ED, hohenheim, prof hasshoufer, Thule Society, AH! there's just too many questions that need to be answered]. if this movie is completely irrelevant to the ending and it's just another one of those 'side-stories', then i would be utterly pissed off.
the ghost of the furture
dont worry it is . they'll keep doing this untill someone buys them out.
Felidae
QUOTE(the ghost of the furture @ Jan 5 2005, 05:02 AM)
first of all its just a name, also i have bad sellping. anyway i reviewed the clip and the last edpoise(agian forgive the sellping) and they just dont go, the clip is befor Al even got the Stone in him. They need to awnser some questions: will Al and Ed find each other?,what about wrath,envy, and the others. AND more is all ways better!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               P.S. what is HagaRen?

Sorry about that, but it was just too easy ^^;

And HagaRen = Hagane no Renkinjutsushi = FullMetal Alchemist.
Le Monkey
laugh.gif laugh.gif Why cant they hurry up and relece it!!!
laugh.gif sad.gif
the ghost of the furture
Sorry about that, but it was just too easy ^^;

that was stuipd, anyway will the moive come out with subtitles at first or will i have to wait.
Omakase Shimasu
If we're lucky fansubs might be available before the Movie will air in America.
the ghost of the furture
and when it dose air in America(when will that be?) you will probly have to search for a thater that shows it

when will it air in USA
KevLar
The movie will probably be shown in America at select theatres but will also be shown on Adult Swim and come out on DVD.

Off Topic
To: the ghost of the furture
1) Stop being annoying
2) Don't double post
3) You have the same birthdate as my father, 1/19/51
Barako
Whoa, that left me with a lot of questions.

If this turns out just to be some sidestory, I don't mind... as long as they make another season or two of Hagaren. ;D
Asa
Okay...it'll be released here?!

In another year, right? T_T

Oh, the movie having al in armor has to be a flashback but the rest of the movie is continuing on after the series. Wow, I can't wait for it to be released!!! I'll take any form of fansub!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The trailer is awesome and he does sound older now that I think about it (wasn't really paying a attention to sound as I was the visual-my wmp is still having some tech problems)....
the ghost of the furture
how long will it take them to make another tralier.?

off the toipc-KevLar, how am i being annoying? i am just asking questions. and sorry about the doudble post but i wanted to make my messeage clear.oh and the b-day thing yes it is the same why, because" I AM YOUR FATHER"mawhaaa
AliCat
QUOTE(Asa @ Jan 6 2005, 09:05 AM)
Okay...it'll be released here?!

In another year, right? T_T

Oh god I hope not...

At this point I'm just itching to know what is going to happen. I want to know, dang it all.

And I'd have to agree, I'll take any form of fansub if I can get it if we don't get an English release first. But...I doubt that will happen anyway.

As for releasing another trailer, not for another month or so probably. Don't want to give us too much now do they?
BONES is just enjoying DANGLING this pretty little carrot in front of our faces. At this point, I wouldn't even trust anything they're telling us. Knowing how the end of the series played out and how absolutely mind-bogglingly surprising it was (at least for me), I wouldn't put it past them to throw us another curveball.

In terms of the trailer though...I'm going to go against my word for a split second and just trust (or HOPE) that the movie really DOES take place after the end of the series. My guess is that the whole sequence in the trailer is a flashback. Like someone alluded to before, probably something that happened in-between some episodes in the series.

Perhaps the events in that flashback are important to events that take place post-ep. 51. If you think about the series, there were LOTS of flashbacks that proved to be vital to the progression of present events. So maybe this is just another example of that.
Svage
QUOTE(Guest @ Jan 10 2005, 08:45 PM)
BONES is just enjoying DANGLING this pretty little carrot in front of our faces. At this point, I wouldn't even trust anything they're telling us. Knowing how the end of the series played out and how absolutely mind-bogglingly surprising it was (at least for me), I wouldn't put it past them to throw us another curveball.

In terms of the trailer though...I'm going to go against my word for a split second and just trust (or HOPE) that the movie really DOES take place after the end of the series. My guess is that the whole sequence in the trailer is a flashback. Like someone alluded to before, probably something that happened in-between some episodes in the series.

Perhaps the events in that flashback are important to events that take place post-ep. 51. If you think about the series, there were LOTS of flashbacks that proved to be vital to the progression of present events. So maybe this is just another example of that.

Not necessarily... is a flashback...
It is a possibility that Al, not remembering the past years since he was in that armor(episode 51, when he is "back" to his original body), is simply because he was splitted in two... So, that Al went as well to the other side of the gate along with Ed (a little earlier, though).

But it is just my thoughts, I can be completely wrong and yes, it can be a flashback. Still, it keeps bothering me with the possibility that we will see both Al normal and armored one being in two different worlds.. We will have to wait anyway :/
TheVileOne
Is it possible the villain we saw in the trailer is somehow messing with the gate and somehow put Ed and Al back in their original state pre-episode 51?
Guest_Chibi
Just a question: is there already a certain date of release?
Sycia
Guest Chibi: They only specified summer 2005. I'll let you guys know the opening date as soon as I get the news.
svage
QUOTE(Guest_Chibi @ Jan 13 2005, 04:15 AM)
Just a question: is there already a certain date of release?

seems to be july (06月) . This kanji 月=tsuki=month appears during the trailer and probably is the month of the release (no day mentioned, though)
Sycia
June is when the voice recordings are scheduled to be finished.
svage
QUOTE(Sycia @ Jan 13 2005, 12:46 PM)

yeah never mind biggrin.gif Since I really don't know japanese... Oops and I mistake june for july.. gomen ph34r.gif unsure.gif
Guest_Chibi
QUOTE(Sycia @ Jan 13 2005, 05:38 AM)
Guest Chibi: They only specified summer 2005. I'll let you guys know the opening date as soon as I get the news.

Ok, thank you.
Sycia
QUOTE(svage @ Jan 14 2005, 10:49 AM)

yeah never mind :D Since I really don't know japanese... Oops and I mistake june for july.. gomen :ph34r: :unsure:

:P No sweat. It's all cool.
homunculi
ok i have just watched the movie trailer once more and paused the part where it shows the masked person's face. first of all that guy looks nothing like envy but it is possible that envy has disguised himself as the gate keeper or whoever that guy is
Homunculi
that post was me before i joined laugh.gif <sorry if this is double posting>
anyways i am looking forwarrd to seeing envy in the movie tho even if he might be disguised as that masked man
QUOTE(Sycia @ Jan 15 2005, 02:19 PM)

yeah never mind biggrin.gif Since I really don't know japanese... Oops and I mistake june for july.. gomen ph34r.gif unsure.gif

tongue.gif No sweat. It's all cool.

Another name for being educated, that is news for me wink.gif
and ... pls watch your tongue b4 throwing a word like sweat toward my person dry.gif
like you said: it is all cool tongue.gif
Svage
QUOTE(Sycia @ Jan 15 2005, 02:19 PM)

tongue.gif No sweat. It's all cool.

Another name for being educated, that is news for me wink.gif
and ... pls watch your tongue b4 throwing a word like sweat toward my person cool.gif
like you said: it is all cool tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.