Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Worst/ Strangest Holiday/ Christmas Gift Ever
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Open Talk
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Senefen
<Merging "Strange Christmas Presents, 'Tis the season..." thread with 4 pages of posts to "Worst/strangest Holiday/Christmas Gift Ever" thread. 03/18/07 ~Tombow>

What is the strangest thing you've ever gotten?

Because this year I got cutlery, yes, knives, forks, spoons the whole shabang.
My parents decided we didnt have enough and thought, "well we need some anyway, why not put it under the tree?"
My brother got a set too... blink.gif
hagane_no_tokage
that...is pretty strange... one year i got a suitcase...i thought that was kind of an odd xmas gift... i've gotten shampoo and hair products before...but i guess that's not so odd... i'm a girl, i like shampoo...so of course i'm not going to object to someone ELSE buying my hair supplies... i dunno, i guess i can't beat the flatware gift...heh...
Thievesvinegar
wish for the same things year after year, but i never get it. heck at least you got flatware. So one day when everything gets burned up by a comet, you won't have to eat with your hands.
Quistis88
QUOTE(Thievesvinegar @ Dec 25 2004, 03:06 AM)
wish for the same things year after year, but i never get it. heck at least you got flatware. So one day when everything gets burned up by a comet, you won't have to eat with your hands.

I never knew Thieves is an optimist. biggrin.gif

I haven't opened any presents yet. I can't believe how much I got. I didn't even want anything, and people give me stuff anyway. I WANT them NOT to give me stuff, but they still do it. Why?
Thievesvinegar
you're one wierd person.
Asakura_yoh
yeah.. really weird.. -.- people ask for gifts and you just ask them not to give *cough*
I didn't get any since I am not christian.. not celebrating XD
Quistis88
Why, yes, I suppose I'm weird that way. Here I am, helping people save money by not wanting them to give me anything, but do they listen? Not really.

Oddest gift = A black purse. When you close it up, it's in the shape of a triangular prism. It's almost like 3 pieces of cardboard covered with some sort of satin-like fabric. You can barely fit anything into it. Why do they give me a purse? I don't even use purses. What are pockets for, you know? Even my pocket holds more than that purse.

Interesting gift nonetheless. At least the corners are sharp and it harms others when you throw it at them.
xrninja
oh, that's kind of like the coconut purse i got last month from our family friends tongue.gif
Quistis88
Yes, only this is a prism purse. biggrin.gif Maybe I could start collecting odd purses as a hobby or something. Or not.
Asakura_yoh
god.. quistis you sure are one weird one *bows as respect because of admiration* XD
Hey by the way that purse counds really useful XD,like a projectiles ^^;;
Quistis88
I plan to hide little party favors in there if I ever go to a party with that purse. Other projectiles, of course.
Asakura_yoh
huh.. another thing that makes me feel you are worth to be admired *bows*
Quistis88
Haha, thank you, Asakura. biggrin.gif It's rather quiet here today.

At least the purse matches my formal footwear. mellow.gif
Asakura_yoh
*bows back* no need to mention that XD
foot wear? XD
Quistis88
Yes, I have black shoes and a black dress (one that I bought for formal occasions but haven't worn). Those will go with the purse. And my aunt, the person who gave me the purse, is expecting me to use it some time. mellow.gif
Asakura_yoh
LOL!!!! hey, but then wearing black shoes and black dress works perfectly on Haloween.<<however you spell that XD
Quistis88
"Halloween"

I'd do that for Halloween, but my dress would be a little cold for me to wear at that time of year. laugh.gif
Asakura_yoh
winter time on halloween? oh... or should that be hmm... autumn.. XD
oh yeah, just asking, how do you feel when you receive gifts? I mean christmas present?
Quistis88
Well, it feels odd to receive gifts that you did not ask for. But overall, it feels nice to be thought of by someone else, I suppose. smile.gif
Asakura_yoh
hey cool... feels so bad of not celebrating christmas.. -.-ll
Quistis88
It's all right. Many people do not celebrate Christmas either. smile.gif
Asakura_yoh
*bows* XD
only children can accept gifts? I heard one of my friend said, her parents won;t give her anything for christmas since she is old enough lol
Quistis88
Anyone can give/receive a gift.
Asakura_yoh
heh.. i was fooled again.. XD *bows* thanks for answering ^^;;
*leaves topis* hope this topic wasn't getting off topic -.-;
Udon
Wind-up sushi. It's all about the wind-up sushi.
Quistis88
How does wind-up sushi work? huh.gif
Udon
Wind-Up Sushi!

Like those little wind-up mice that sorta rolls and swivle around. There are little wind-up pegs on the side, and when you wind them up and elt them go...they roll around and spin!
Asakura_yoh
cool!!! you got this for christmas present?? XD
Quistis88
Oh, they look amusing! laugh.gif
Udon
Yep! They're brilliant!

I have NO IDEA what I'm gonna do with them, but they're brilliant!
LordGohan
i got a toothbrush one year,i think they were trying to tell me something biggrin.gif
Senefen
Dust collectors!

^^ I want windup sushi
Thievesvinegar
windup sushi is something you et when you're on low budget.
Lady Battousai
My maid got a teen's handbag for Christmas mellow.gif and she's 45 years old...
Cloud28
omg u got a maid?? rich ppl...grrr..
Shaman_Girl88
The strangest present I got was a used wal-mart gift card.
edsgirl
QUOTE(Shaman_Girl88 @ Dec 27 2004, 08:05 PM)
The strangest present I got was a used wal-mart gift card.

WTF? That is just sad, but my secret Santa at work got me a pair of socks, only it was missing a sock. I put the sock on my mailbox, no other use for it.
Quistis88
My little cousin got socks. Not just any ordinary pair, but socks that PLAY MUSIC. Every time she walks, these 8-bit tunes play. She had them on and children came to play Hide and Seek. And she wonders why she's always the first one found.

Kids are funny like that.
Alchemist-Mage
<Editing the thread title from "Worst Holiday Gift Ever" to "Worst/strangest Holiday/Christmas Gift Ever" to prepare the the thread for merge, and merging Strange Christmas Presents, 'Tis the season..." thread with 4 pages of posts. Checked continuities of the posts and confirmed the post continuities will survive the merge. 03/18/07 ~Tombow>

Postin' this poll b/c, well, we all get gifts we absolutely H8! just choose one of these or tell about ur own if its not listed
xrninja
i don't get a lot of christmas gifts so i pretty much like everything i do get. mellow.gif there's another similar thread here: strange christmas presents

well, i did get a pack of highlighters once in a band gift exchange in fifth grade. i hated them then, but i'd really like them now as my highlighters are all dying.
Ninie
I got a pack of batteries once mellow.gif And it wasn't really good batteries or anything. And it was a serious gift. I was... expecting more, I think.
hitokiri
someone in my office once gave me a meat sampler pack.... sure it was good and whatnot, but who the hell gives meat as a present?!
Quistis88
QUOTE(hitokiri @ Dec 28 2004, 11:01 PM)
someone in my office once gave me a meat sampler pack.... sure it was good and whatnot, but who the hell gives meat as a present?!

My mother gave out boxes of frozen shrimp, if that counts as meat.
Ailuro
I got an empty metal tin before. No design on it or anything..
Thievesvinegar
rotten fruit. Somehow the shipping got delayed.
hitokiri
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Dec 29 2004, 01:06 AM)
My mother gave out boxes of frozen shrimp, if that counts as meat.

eh at least shrimp is in the "classy" meat category. i was handed smoked sausages of some kind.

that and honestly i can understand food as a gift from asian people, we're practical (and kinda cheap). but when white people do it, its just weird. sorry to those of you of the caucasian persuasion, but that just i what i think.
xrninja
my family got a cheese and sausage basket once, but i recall that it tasted really good.
Thievesvinegar
yes, that and crackers. I enjoyed it.
Quistis88
QUOTE(hitokiri @ Dec 28 2004, 11:30 PM)
eh at least shrimp is in the "classy" meat category. i was handed smoked sausages of some kind.

that and honestly i can understand food as a gift from asian people, we're practical (and kinda cheap). but when white people do it, its just weird.  sorry to those of you of the caucasian persuasion, but that just i what i think.

Wow, my mother is classy.

And it's so very true, our practical (and cheap) nature. biggrin.gif Makes for interesting tales to tell, at the very least.
l|Kouga|l-Youkai
Can't say worst but i got a nintendo ds laugh.gif not the worst lol
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.