Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: One Piece!
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Anime > Let's discuss your fav anime series here!
Pages: 1, 2
Cloud28
One Piece (ワンピース Wan Pīsu?) premiered in Japan on Fuji Television on October 20, 1999. Since then, the still ongoing series has aired more than four hundred eighty episodes and has been exported to various countries around the world.
(Source - Wiki)

Plot Summary: Before he was executed, the legendary Pirate King Gold Roger revealed that he had hidden the treasure One Piece somewhere in the Grand Line. Now, many pirates are off looking for this legendary treasure to claim the title Pirate King. One pirate, Monkey D. Luffy, is a boy who had eaten the Devil's Fruit and gained rubber powers. Now he and his crew are off to find One Piece, while battling enemies and making new friends along the way

Genres: adventure, comedy, drama, fantasy
Themes: pirates
Episodes: 494 - ongoing
Age Rating: Older Teen
(Source - ANN)

-------

So anyone seen this series before? right now i am on eps 40..and i like it so far..its very funny laugh.gif
sasuki_604
I've only read the manga and its very good! biggrin.gif
xrninja
i've only seen the dubbed episodes played so far XP zoro's voice is fine but i don't really like luffy's, and nami's is a little eh. i'm getting the subs from my friend after college apps and finals stuff is over, though smile.gif from what i've seen from the manga, it looks great.
Kihaku
Oh, I so love this series! I've seen whatever has been fan subbed(125 eps..) and read 18 volumes of the manga... and the rest is on its way... biggrin.gif
The series is great! It has an interesting and griping story line with a lot of potential, awesome and eccentric characters.. and it's just hilarious smile.gif It's probably the funniest series I've ever seen/read(I haven't laughed as much during any other series:D)
My favourite chracter is Zoro, but I also really like Ace(yay for fire!), Luffy, Carue, Sanji and Tashigi... oh well I really like all of the charcters actually tongue.gif
I'd like to see the dub... laugh.gif for fun....
Ed_lover_111
i love one piece! it's so funny and the fighting is awsome! Zolo kicks butt man so dose luffy and the others... lol. and they always find a way to get out of stick situations happy.gif
Cloud28
Theres One Piece in english??? who liscenced it?
Ed's_Girl
The show is just plain weird looking.
Jaganshi
Its an ok show, but I much prefer the Manga. I love Zoro ^^.
Kasumi
QUOTE(Cloud28 @ Dec 28 2004, 11:36 AM)
Theres One Piece in english??? who liscenced it?

4Kids... To those who have turned away because it's 4kids, I say give One Piece another chance.

Yup, Zoro's my favourite character! Luffy is in second place. biggrin.gif
Kairi
I can't wait to see it.
Cloud28
zoro rocks, i love that three sword technique thing!! lol
xrninja
QUOTE(Ed's_Girl @ Dec 28 2004, 09:46 AM)
The show is just plain weird looking.

it's a really different style, that's all. it's not your typical big shiny anime eyes style. it takes a little getting used to but the art really is great.
Kihaku
Yay, Kasumi and Jaganshi, fellow Zoro fans wink.gif
I also prefer the manga...mainly because there aren't fillers, but those are okay too;) And the anime sticks quite wll to the story.. I really don't find that big a difference between them...
I mentioned that I like all the characters in One Piece... It's just amazing how great they are;) and also this happens to be a series in which the main character is actually one of my favourites;) (even if he reminds me of myself.... usually I don't like main characters who're like me, but Luffy is an exception wink.gif )

Yeah, quite many get turned off because of the art. But that definitely shouldn't be the reason not to watch it. The art of One Piece isn't ugly or bad, it's different and totally suits the series, which is eccentric and individual on it's own;).
The manga is the most popular in Japan at the moment.. That should say something.. wink.gif
Goldfish
Yeah, quite many get turned off because of the art. But that definitely shouldn't be the reason not to watch it. The art of One Piece isn't ugly or bad, it's different and totally suits the series, which is eccentric and individual on it's own;).

I agree. I was quite taken a-back at the first episode. It is just so much different from the usual art style I'm used to. Of course, just like everything else in it, you get used to it, and grow to love it's uniqueness.

It never ceases to amaze me how a simple little comment and expression from the character that is Luffy, can make me laugh. One of the most hilarious animes I have ever seen. If you haven't already seen it, or started watching it, do so. smile.gif
Yannealchemist
have to check this anime out biggrin.gif
i've never heard of this.
shogunskey
one piece is a very good show but its not the best
Chibi-Usa
I watched one piece a few times,and it's ok
hidden_death
i've watched it a few times and it pretty good
Kihaku
Heh, Goldfish is right. One Piece is definitely unique in many aspects wink.gif.
Even though the plot doesn't seem/sound that special it proves to contain pretty interesting and entertaining events. Even though the thmes aren't that new, they're depicted in a unique way. The plot goes on and on, but doesn't tire me (well I don't know about the coming fillers..)
Having read the manga I was already used to the art, but I never really questioned its difference. I realised later what people meant.
Yes absolutely, it's worth checking out wink.gif
Of course if it's possible try and get hands on the original eps, not the dub. I haven't seen the dub... but apparently it's not that good tongue.gif. Well, probably mostly becuase of the editing.
Oh.. and I guess those who have watched it would have something else to say besides good/bad/okay...
That just sounds so blunt. tongue.gif
Black Rose
I really enjoy one piece and it's on again tonight!!!
Jen_Elric
I like it, and the art does take time to grow on you. But Luffy's voice (in the dub) kinda bugs me. He looks like a teen, but sounds like an 8 year old! Does anybody know his real age?
And yes, Zolo (or Zoro in the sub) does indeed rock! ~_^
«°~Envy™~°»
Man I have been watching this since it came on cartoon network here in the USA i love it, i'm going to be searching for the japanese versions on the net or at my store that i got my FMA Japanes imported versions
Rikku
i've been trying to watch it when it came out on
cn but my parents have been keeping me away from
all the anime i hold dearly sad.gif

and about Luffy's voice: he does sound just like an 8 year
old
«°~Envy™~°»
QUOTE(Rikku @ May 26 2005, 06:15 AM)
i've been trying to watch it when it came out on
cn but my parents have been keeping me away from
all the anime i hold dearly sad.gif
[snapback]179710[/snapback]

why?
~FMAgurl~
I thought it was pretty good. Luffy's voice does get pretty annoying, but it's bearable. Shanks is my favorite character happy.gif
«°~Envy™~°»
Luffy's voice is funny he's my favorite character
~.:Anime_Gal:.~
One Pice is so awsome!!!
but i cant get the english version... and the subtitles are too fast!!!
but my all time fav character gotta be Monkey.D.Luffy and Sanji *the cheif*

Rikku- why wont ur parents allow u? its not that violent, to tell u da truth i think Dragonball Z is MORE violent than One Piece...
Kihaku
Uh.. not violent if you're watching the dub... even the original one is less violent than the manga wink.gif.
I think I kiddy voice suits Luffy and his character wink.gif. The Japanese voice is awesome! And oh, Luffy is 17 smile.gif.
anime_manga_fan
I LOVE Tony Tony Chopper and Monkey D. Luffy (I so love that name XD)

BUT

4Kids RUINED IT... Well, for me at least...

I saw the most adorable Tony Tony Chopper plushie in Osaka Airport where you can take off his hat and wear it. But, it was in those crappy crane machines (sp?). And it was waaaay to far to get it...

I want it so badly... ;-;
«°~Envy™~°»
Luffy is always having a good time but don't touch his hat biggrin.gif lmao
anime_manga_fan
QUOTE(«°~Envy™~°» @ May 28 2005, 03:08 AM)
Luffy is always having a good time but don't touch his hat biggrin.gif lmao
[snapback]181034[/snapback]

*pokes hat*
«°~Envy™~°»
he'd kick your ass lol
Alchemist_Sami
lolz, yeh
ive always wanted one of those hats lolz

I would probably want to become invisible or be able to walk though walls is i ate a cursed fruit. that would be cool!!
DameGreyWulf
I've read some of the manga
But I refuse to watch 4KIDs dubs, so I'll have to download it or buy it off eBay if it has a sub version with the DVD
FMAlchemistChan
I watch it on Saturday nights when it's on Cartoon Network. That's the only time that I can watch it.
strawhatpirate
i love one piece it is one of my favorite anime!!!!
luffy is my favorite charactor and im going to a con in november and i will be luffy and i'm pretty much done except for my hat which needs a red band around it.
i have my red luffy vest and pants!!
(^O^)
i am happy!!!!
The RZA
Luffy'll beat your @$$ if you touch his hat
Skyler Elric
i like the show but, can someone get me pics of Sanji, Shanks, or Zolo?
(they're my fav characters)
Blitz
One Piece is one of my favorite anime/manga series!

I just can't stand what 4Kids did to One Piece! It's downright disturbing. With all the unnecessry editing and bad dubbing! I mean for god's sake it's about pirates so there's gotta be some violence/blood but, no! they edited it all out! I mean if you get cut open because you got slashed by a sword there's got to be blood! They also changed so many names! Oda named the characters so they should leave them the way they are but, of course we're talking about 4Kids here.

My favorite character is Chopper! Yay reindeer! I like his picture on the Wanted poster during intermission. smile.gif
edsgirl
I can't even watch One Piece without my ears bleeding. It's just downright wrong what they did to Sanji. His voice and that damn lollipop!
Blitz
QUOTE(edsgirl @ Aug 7 2005, 06:48 PM)
I can't even watch One Piece without my ears bleeding. It's just downright wrong what they did to Sanji. His voice and that damn lollipop!
[snapback]245362[/snapback]

I totally agree with you. I mean WTF did they do to Sanji?
DarkBlade_Alchemist
I love one piece, its a little odd but thats what keeps me coming back to watch it again.
Full_Metal_Alchemist_Otaku
This show rox! Luffy kind of reminds me of Goku from Dragon Ball. When Sanji chases girls, it just makes me laugh.anyway...this show has its good times and bad times. smile.gif
StrawberryShampoo
Sanji has been one of my fav. characters for a long time... I couldn't wait to see him in the anime and then he showed up!!!! And then...I heard his voice and wanted to cry... HOW COULD THEY!?!?!?!
Cloud28
I am still watching around the 150s....there must be over 270 eps by now laugh.gif
Seraphi
I love this anime...unfortunately I have to wait every saturday for it because I choose to watch in on Toonami, but I like it still, very unique genre that really isn't touched upon I think.
Zabimaru
QUOTE(Seraphi @ Aug 9 2005, 10:02 PM)
I love this anime...unfortunately I have to wait every saturday for it because I choose to watch in on Toonami, but I like it still, very unique genre that really isn't touched upon I think.
[snapback]247617[/snapback]

Same here, I would have watching it earlier, but I really don't pay attention to the Fox box(The network that first stated showing it on)
CHOO
If you Diss One Piece...
I WILL STAB YOU IN THE JAW!!!

One Piece is awesome!

Luffy:funny+Cool
Zolo:Cool
Nami:dare i say it...HOT!!
Sanji:AWESOME! cool
Ussop:very funny smile.gif
Chopper:cute (weird, coming from a guy)

OTher faveorates:
Kuro
Chaser
Ms.Sunday
Buggy
Mihawk
Shanks
anime_manga_fan
For those who have seen the One Piece - Opening Four (Bon Voyage!):

That little speach where the ship is sailing on the ocean, and someone is talking. Is that Romi Paku's voice or am I mistaken...? blink.gif

Just curious...

P.S. I wasn't sure what catigory (sp?) to put this in...
I am Aku
You are probably right but I am not sure either you can check on other fan-sites
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.