Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CAN ROY MUSTANG SWIM!?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > FMA Character Discussions
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
KXELA
CAN ROY MUSTANG SWIM!??
Nemu
Why wouldn't he? I'm sure he can.

Not sure if he can DRIVE, though.
KXELA
but you never know.. tongue.gif
Shaman_Girl88
I would say he can, but I would also say he probably doesn't like to.
Nemu
I doubt he would fail to realize he could fall into water - I bet he might even enjoy swimming.

Maybe they check if you can swim in the military, and if you can't, they teach you. XD;
Kihaku
I think he can. I don't think they could have that in the military tongue.gif Although while he's swimming he can't exactly use his fire alchemy tongue.gif Not that he need to of course. Oh yes, we could argue about his driving abilities too wink.gif We've never seen him drive either.
Ed's_Girl
HELLO duh! He's in the military!
ἀρχή
Of course he can swim. Driving is the question. I think he can drive, but I think that they forbid him from driving. He probably ran over a cat or something and took his driving priviledges away.
xrninja
why wouldn't roy be able to swim.....?
Kihaku
Because he's useless in water tongue.gif

ooh.. Roy was forbidden to drive wink.gif Somehow I don't see him running over animals.. maybe he was driving drunk? tongue.gif
xrninja
his alchemy is useless in rain, but i'm sure if he's glove-less and needs to get through a body of water by swimming, he'd be able to. tongue.gif and he can probably drive, just hawkeye's a better driver and as his subordinate, she drives him around. didn't roy drive at the end of that chapter with the roy/elizabeth phone conversation?
RoyxRiza BigFan
if he can't swim, he has the hottest lifeguard in town, better than baywatch tongue.gif
Kasumi
Yeah, Roy was driving at the end of chapter 37. He was also driving when they were chasing after Barry's body (he almost ran Barry over though tongue.gif.)

@RoyxRiza_BigFan: laugh.gif
Kihaku
Oh, he was driving... stupid me tongue.gif But I love the fact that Riza is a better driver... Go Riza! biggrin.gif
RxR BigFan: laugh.gif oh yes... now That's what I'd like too... maybe Riza is a better swimmer too biggrin.gif

ooh, someone voted "no".... blink.gif
Kasumi
I wouldn't be surprised if Riza is the better swimmer. tongue.gif
Cloud28
i did not see this thread coming, lol laugh.gif
Kihaku
QUOTE(Kasumi @ Dec 24 2004, 01:43 PM)
I wouldn't be surprised if Riza is the better swimmer. tongue.gif

neither would I biggrin.gif
Oh, I'm soo imagining them in "military school"
Roy got beaten by a girl in driving and swimming wink.gif
xrninja
i think riza trumps roy in a lot of things, driving and swimming included. laugh.gif
Kihaku
And target shooting.... tongue.gif
Yeah, I could so imagine her being more intelligent too biggrin.gif
It's also admirable of her to work under a person she bests in many aspects...
Although that's not the only thing smile.gif
Quistis88
QUOTE(xrninja @ Dec 24 2004, 02:08 PM)
i think riza trumps roy in a lot of things, driving and swimming included. laugh.gif

Agreed! laugh.gif

And yes, I believe that the man can swim, among other things.
Ayumi_NobuYuichi
Like everyone else (or almost everyone else) I'd say he can most likely swim. Though if he'd actually enjoy it, I couldn't say. It would make a great headline though. "The Flame Alchemist Drowns in Freak Swimming Accident!"

Wait that wouldn't be a good headline, that would be horrible.

About driving. Why drive when you can get someone else to do it for you?

About Riza being better: Oh yes I could definately (sp?) see her being better then him. I could see him not take that to well though.
WinryRockbellW
Ummm...good question... blink.gif
I think he still can, cuz he can cast the flame only when he hav those gloves on. It's just depend on he did took the swim lesson or not. dry.gif
Sycia
Well, in one official drama CD (霧のオグターレ) with the screenplay written by Arakawa sensei, he and Ed kind fell into a river after a rope bridge snapped on them.

Roy got out fine (though dripping wet and unable to use his flame alchemy for some time), so I suppose that means he can swim.
Izumimon
Riza's the more athletic, so if Roy CAN swim, I'm certain she's better. XP

I voted no, however, because I think it would be deliciously ironic, and it's brewing fanficcable thoughts in my head.
Queen of the dammed
QUOTE(Sycia @ Dec 25 2004, 02:29 AM)
Well, in one official drama CD (霧のオグターレ) with the screenplay written by Arakawa sensei, he and Ed kind fell into a river after a rope bridge snapped on them.

Roy got out fine (though dripping wet and unable to use his flame alchemy for some time), so I suppose that means he can swim.

This proves that he can swim.... I'm just curious..... did Ed get out fine...
Sycia
Yep, Ed got out okay~
Bloodless
More importantly, can Ed play Mary Mack?
Nemu
QUOTE(Izumimon @ Dec 24 2004, 09:23 PM)
Riza's the more athletic, so if Roy CAN swim, I'm certain she's better. XP

I voted no, however, because I think it would be deliciously ironic, and it's brewing fanficcable thoughts in my head.

I don't know if any of you have seen the subs... But dude.

I doubt Hawkeye could jump off a wall that high without breaking something.
Hawkeye probably isn't all that athletic compared to Roy - remember how Ed and Al's teacher said that in order to train the mind, you have to train the body? So that your mind is strong enough to perform loads of alchemy?
I think Roy did that too. He's too smart to just let himself become a stiffy.

But then again, Hawkeye has other qualities.
lialiakicks
I'm positive that Roy can swim... (I mean, this is Roy we're talking about here!) X3

Hm.. Who knows what Hawkeye's abilities really are....? (Fanfic anyone?) =^^=
Kihaku
Okay, so Roy's swimming ability has been confirmed biggrin.gif
Hmm... I suppose Riza would beat him in a few things, but I bet Roy's stronger wink.gif Well, he's a man after all. It would be pretty embarrassing otherwise tongue.gif .
Asakura_yoh
it will be surprising if Roy knows how to swim.. oh come on... a fire alchemist swimming... O.o;; that's just my thoughts *cough*
Anyway, Roy did drive in the manga as well in book... volume 10 i guess ^^b
Queen of the dammed
QUOTE(Kihaku @ Dec 25 2004, 09:35 PM)
Hmm... I suppose Riza would beat him in a few things, but I bet Roy's stronger wink.gif Well, he's a man after all. It would be pretty embarrassing otherwise tongue.gif .

Well Riza can use a gun... I wonder if Roy could?
xrninja
QUOTE(Queen of the dammed @ Dec 26 2004, 08:02 PM)
QUOTE(Kihaku @ Dec 25 2004, 09:35 PM)

Well Riza can use a gun... I wonder if Roy could?

i'm sure that all soldiers, alchemists or not, have to be pretty good with a gun. and if roy wasn't, he'd be screwed if his gloves got torn/wet and riza wasn't around to save his butt.
unknown alchemist
i think not.
well, his power based by fire...i don't think that he was ever REALLY finished his swimming lesson..."-.-
Kasumi
Roy did use a gun in ch. 39. (or was it 38? huh.gif)

QUOTE(Kihaku @ Dec 25 2004 @ 09:35 PM)
It would be pretty embarrassing otherwise tongue.gif.

It's not like the whole 'munou' thing hasn't embarassed him enough already. laugh.gif
Hex-Sama
Of course Roy can swim. There is a picture were Roy, Riza, Winry, Alphonse, and Edward go to the beach... But Roy was trying to fire up the grill, he wasn't in the water. He did have swimming trunks on, or were those just shorts? *ponders*
water_alchemist
i think he should be able to swim.
Ryuu the Warrior
I don't think they would allow people who can't swim in the military. I mean come on, does anyone know someone who is in the military, but can't swim?
Hex-Sama
Actually, my mom knows a guy who is in the navy, and he doesn't know how to swim laugh.gif .
water_alchemist
QUOTE(Hex-Sama @ Dec 29 2004, 10:01 PM)
Actually, my mom knows a guy who is in the navy, and he doesn't know how to swim laugh.gif .

really? how can that be? if he works in the navy he works by or at ocean right? so what if he falls in the water and can't swim...well maybe im wrong i should look it up heh laugh.gif
Kihaku
QUOTE(Hex-Sama @ Dec 29 2004, 10:01 PM)

Wow! that's new! I wouldn't think that they'd even allow people like that to join the navy. And nowadays seems like nearly everyone can swim... Even I can... (even though I loath swimming). but the ability to swim isn't such a big thing.. in One Piece most of the strongest characters don't know how to swim wink.gif (Wow.. must be one reason why I love that show:P)
Queen of the dammed
QUOTE(Hex-Sama @ Dec 30 2004, 05:01 AM)

Okay..... perhaps he does paperwork... blink.gif
hagane_no_tokage
...hey, what happened to the other posts? O_o am i losing it or did like 6 or 7 replies get eaten somewhere...?
Hex-Sama
@Tokage: ohmy.gif I noticed. I got a notification e-mail saying that someone posted, but the posts were still the same... huh.gif Whatever the problem is, I hope it gets fixed soon.
Gashole
I don't think the posts are coming back.
Hex-Sama
@Gashole: I don't expect the posts to come back. I'm just hoping that it doesn't happen anymore. It happened in other topics too.
Bling_bling_Angel
QUOTE(KXELA @ Dec 24 2004, 11:07 AM)
CAN ROY MUSTANG SWIM!??

*exasperated* What the h3ll is this???! Of course he swims! He's the GREAT COLONEL MUSTANG!
hagane_no_tokage
somehow i see him with kind of a feline complex... sure, he can swim...but only if he has to... i mean, come on, with a face like this:

IPB Image

heh heh... seems to me he just doesn't like the water very much, na? XD
Kihaku
Yeah...All my posts (in other topics) gone... sad.gif I also hope that it doesn't happen again....
And why are you still debating if Roy can swim or not! The drama CD proved that already! biggrin.gif
tokage: ooh.. I love that picture wink.gif Why can't I remember it....
Yeah, Roy does seem to be a guy who doesn't really fancy water. I also think he doesn't like to swim. Yeah, I don't like it either:P *shivers at the thought of swimming*
Queen of the dammed
I think that was in chapter 38 when Lust decided to put a stop to Roy's burning.... But if he has a feline complex, why does he like dogs so much???
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.