Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wrath (first Anime Series) Fans!
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > FMA Character Discussions
Pages: 1, 2
dragonflame327

I made this topic...because there wasn't one dedicated to cute little Wrath!;_; He needs a hug!!^^ Really, the poor boy does... I was disappointed that he wasn't developed more, and yes, I know he's only like...10. Still, 'tis cute!! Talk of him as I go to 7th period. Lol. *snuggles Wrath*^^
ἀρχή
I felt bad for wrath. He had some goodness in him, but it was corrupted mostly by sloth.
Ninie
I think he's cute! In a psycho/crazy kid sort of way...
ἀρχή
QUOTE(Ninie @ Dec 23 2004, 02:58 PM)

* backs away slowly

I didn't realize that about you. Oh well, I just hope my daughter doesn't fall for a guy like that blink.gif
xrninja
he was okay before the red stone incident, a little brattish but still cute, but afterwards he drove me crazy blink.gif i felt bad for him in 47, with the sloth thing, but i was really pissed during his "confrontation" with lust. stupid wrath.
Ninie
QUOTE(arche @ Dec 23 2004, 03:40 PM)
QUOTE(Ninie @ Dec 23 2004, 02:58 PM)

* backs away slowly

I didn't realize that about you. Oh well, I just hope my daughter doesn't fall for a guy like that blink.gif

Aww, I'm not that scary! Crazyness just facinates me (That why I really like Kimbree wub.gif)

I wouldn't want my daughter (no, make it my sister) to fall for a guy like that, either. But it would be intesseting to... how should I say this... study or observe him... He's kind of: I'm happy and innocent one second, then I'm angry and psycho, and the next second I'm singing kids songs!
Kihaku
Wrath was/is a pretty interesting character. I liked his background and whatever made him kind of mysterious. I don't really think he's a psycho... not compared to Envy anyway tongue.gif he seemed pretty human at times... tongue.gif
Ailuro
Wrath is creepy, bratty, crazy, and anything else related to those words.
Yet quite interesting.
Quistis88
QUOTE(Ailuro @ Dec 23 2004, 06:04 PM)
Wrath is creepy, bratty, crazy, and anything else related to those words.
Yet quite interesting.

You got that right. He's cute when he's not moving.
dragonflame327
It wasn't his fault! It was the red stones.
Spoiler: (Click here to Display)

And you know he's cute, even the way he fights...dunno why. XD Must draw pictures...
sasuki_604
Wrath can be such a brat, but a cute one.
I'm neutral towards the little guy.
Shaman_Girl88
I think Wrath is cute. He reminds me of my nephew. My nephew was such a brat when he was little. He still is a brat and he's 12 now.
ἀρχή
I can see why izumi cared about him though.

Kihaku
Yup! And what makes him more lovable and human is

Plus I have a hard time with imagining kids as "evil" at all. It's just hard, because they aren't often responsible for their actions or know right from wrong.
They can be bratty, but not really "evil".. although I sometimes think that the kids in my group are tongue.gif (kidding)
Quistis88
QUOTE(arche @ Dec 24 2004, 03:20 PM)
I can see why izumi cared about him though.

no matter how bad your kid is, you can't help but try to reach them and have hope

Yes, I agree. I found it so sad when:

Shaman_Girl88
Yes, It was sad. I would have hit him if I over the head if I was Izumi. Show him who's boss, my brother did that to me once for no reason.
Virtue
Wrath is probably the most tragic character after the Elrics and Lust. He had it bad, he was a baby and his mother tried to bring him back only to bring him back as a monster. So he had to live in the gate with all of those creepy purple eyes. Then the Elrics come along and he has to steal a leg and arm just to get out of the gate. THEN he is stuck on an island left to fend for himself THEN he is thrown into the world as an outcast amongst both his fellow Homunculus(he is part human)and of course an outcast amongst the humans. So sad :-(
badge fallen
didnt quite like'im @ first... but it turns out ter be okay later...

creepy,bratty?? kinda...

much wondering where he's gone in the end...
Kihaku
Virtue: True! that's so sad... *cries*
no wonder he acts bratty... any normal kid would even if they weren't a homunculus..
dragonflame327
Really, with all that he went through he kind of has the right to act that way. He's young and confused. *agrees with Virtue* Yes.^^ Hmm...I wonder how it'd' be if he never met Envy... But that wouldn't be as cool. Wrath better not have his hair cut short in the movie... I'll kill.
Elderberry
QUOTE(dragonflame327 @ Dec 27 2004, 09:12 PM)
Really, with all that he went through he kind of has the right to act that way. He's young and confused. *agrees with Virtue* Yes.^^ Hmm...I wonder how it'd' be if he never met Envy... But that wouldn't be as cool. Wrath better not have his hair cut short in the movie... I'll kill.

Good point. Wrath wouldn't be Wrath without that adorable mess of hair flying around. happy.gif (As a random comment, it would be interesting if Wrath showed up in the movie with a braid like Ed's...happy.gif)

I think Wrath is just really confused. Besides, no one ever told him that revenge doesn't bring happiness...
FullmetalFreek00
i agree with all of u smile.gif Wrath is really cute, even tho he's a homunculus. i thought it was so sweet when...
hitokiri
i hate wrath. i never liked him. what he did to ed, lust, or whoever else has nothing to do with my judgement. hell he could have donkey punched pinako and he still wouldn't have gone any lower on my likeability scale. he was/is/will be a little bitch. that is who he inherently is. boohoo i can't remember who i am, boohoo i'm afraid of the gate, boohoo.... shut the fuck up. i only hope someone forcibly removes the "additions" he got, at the end of 51, in the movie.
Ryuu the Warrior
Hey. He could've been a good Homunculus, if he didn't eat the stone. His pupils went slitted and the red lines on his body showed up after he ate the stones.
water_alchemist
QUOTE(Ryuu the Warrior @ Dec 29 2004, 05:09 PM)
Hey. He could've been a good Homunculus, if he didn't eat the stone. His pupils went slitted and the red lines on his body showed up after he ate the stones.

yea i agree with this quote. Wrath loved izumi, but envy came along and made wrath go evil and stuff
Elderberry
I think Wrath kind of stopped crying after episode 50...Somehow I got the feeling that he decided to go off on his own and try to find the meanings of life for himself in episode 51...unsure.gif

Maybe Wrath will show up again in the movie as a more positive and helpful character! (He seems to be capable of being really intelligent- he just has to tap into his potential...) laugh.gif
Drake
I like Wrath. Wrath is an ok homunculi. Sure he's not TOTALLY evil, but he's a child, and acts like he's supposed too. He doesn't jump around in the shadows and gets everything straight to the point.

[spoiler]Although I blame Envy for making him go Psycho Homunculi on us. I never really liked envy much[/spoiler]

EDIT: REally sorry for bumping an old topic. O_O;; close if you want...
Toby-Chan
Don't worry about it. I was just recently thinking about making a Wrath Likers thread to see if I was the only one on earth who could stand his existance.

Glad to see I'm not. ^^ Wrath is intriguing, pitiable, and cute. I felt for him from the beginning. And he's not as bad as everyone says he is. Everyone accuses him of whining too much, but he dosen't do that much more than any average character does. Plus, I hate to justify bad behavior, but looking at where he's coming from, it makes sense. He's just a child in desperate need of love, and attention. He grew up in a place completely devoid of mercy or essential goodness. It's sad.
Elderberry
Sou ne. Actually, thanks for bumping the thread up, Drake-san. happy.gif (I couldn't do that because I was the last one who posted...)
~Pride~
This might be a bit over board but ih I was a homunculus and I met Wrath Id do anything for Wrath.Id kill evry last homunculus but not Sloth Id kill every last human anything for him id would die for him his life story is so sad and that mostly everything makes me angry and I go phyco when i get pissed. unsure.gif
Toby-Chan
Uh... >>;; That is a little overboard.

A message to both haters and likers; They're just characters.

sleep.gif ;;
«°~Envy™~°»
QUOTE(Drake @ Mar 3 2005, 05:31 AM)
[spoiler]Although I blame Envy for making him go Psycho Homunculi on us. I never really liked envy much[/spoiler]
[snapback]125844[/snapback]

oh you don't say, lol but i was the best out of the group tongue.gif

Wrath was an annoying lil brat
~Pride~
How could you say that about a kid whos past is so F***ed up?
«°~Envy™~°»
easy by saying this

The kid was annoying lil brat, wow that wasn't hard to say tongue.gif
~Pride~
QUOTE(«°~Envy™~°» @ May 20 2005, 09:05 PM)
easy by saying this

The kid was annoying lil brat, wow that wasn't hard to say tongue.gif
[snapback]176261[/snapback]

Thats cold hes only a kid and who ever he kills deserves it.And for for a 7-10 yr old kid to kill someone is some hard core shit.
Edo-mame
^ Not really, little kids are mostly impulsive, they don't think, won't feel a thing or hesistate if they are really pissed at a person enough to want to kill them, they just do it. Then when they realize it, it's too late to cry or apologize. Not really "hard core" if you ask me. And why do the people that Wrath kill deserve it? What one person can judge to who deserves to die, certainly not a little kid like Wrath(or Scar for that matter). You're pretty cold yourself too laugh.gif

On topic:
Wrath is a strange character, at times I hate him, at times I like him. His actions always cause me to change my opinion of him. I first he was stupid and cute, then he turned evil, then I felt sorry for him when he lost his mama, then he goes and kills Lust(which made me hate him), then he tries to stop Envy when he was beating Edo up, and now we don't know if he's been a good boy or not.
~Pride~
First of all you dont need to get attached to anyone becouse when someone you are attached to is in trouble or die you worry,not for me Im atached to very few ppl.And yes i could kill a person it would take me getting really pissed to my mom or dad telling me to do it for me to kill some one.Actualy it would be a great exp. to kill.
«°~Envy™~°»
Who wants kids killing people anyways lol, i for one wish someone would kill Wrath Dumb kid don't know how to respect his elders
Toby-Chan
So his age makes him not allowed to kill people? That's odd logic.

Saying that it's alright after what he's been through dosen't make it okay. He does terrible selfish and just plain cruel things. Even though I understand fully where he's coming from, and pity him immensely, what he does is still bad.

But for that matter, there are characters who do far worse things, even though they are clearly far more intelligent, older, and have less justification.

It might be Wrath's innocence that draws me to him more. In spite of how people argue for lust, I believe Wrath is the most human of all the sins. He's confused, scared, and needy; it just makes him more endearing. But he still tries, and in spite of all he's been through, he still makes attempts to have someone to be close to.
Yes, he is a brat, but he's a loveable brat. I hope that he'll continue living, and maybe someday, he'll find somebody to truly love him.
«°~Envy™~°»
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ May 21 2005, 04:08 PM)
So his age makes him not allowed to kill people?  That's odd logic. 

Saying that it's alright after what he's been through dosen't make it okay.  He does terrible selfish and just plain cruel things.  Even though I understand fully where he's coming from, and pity him immensely, what he does is still bad.

But for that matter, there are characters who do far worse things, even though they are clearly far more intelligent, older, and have less justification. 

It might be Wrath's innocence that draws me to him more.  In spite of how people argue for lust, I believe Wrath is the most human of all the sins.  He's confused, scared, and needy; it just makes him more endearing.  But he still tries, and in spite of all he's been through, he still makes attempts to have someone to be close to. 
Yes, he is a brat, but he's a loveable brat.  I hope that he'll continue living, and maybe someday, he'll find somebody to truly love him.
[snapback]177019[/snapback]

personally i believe they are all human in everyway but a soul :| that's why they are called human but not human

and No i didn't say cause of his age makes him not allowed to kill people, i mean I wouldn't want to see my son or daughter kill people, it's a bad influance :|
khaos alchemist
oh i wuv wrath hes so kawaii when hes not killing someone but i dont really care bout that so back to him just being kawaii ^^
Toby-Chan
QUOTE(«°~Envy™~°» @ May 21 2005, 09:14 PM)
and No i didn't say cause of his age makes him not allowed to kill people, i mean I wouldn't want to see my son or daughter kill people, it's a bad influance :|
[snapback]177098[/snapback]

I don't think anyone wants a son or daughter to kill people. That's not the point. (But really, on that matter, is it ever okay for anyone to kill people?)

Off topic... no offense, but you don't spell like a 26 year old...

ph34r.gif
khaos alchemist
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ May 23 2005, 03:27 PM)

I don't think anyone wants a son or daughter to kill people. That's not the point. (But really, on that matter, is it ever okay for anyone to kill people?)

ph34r.gif
[snapback]178104[/snapback]

who spells like a 26year old im not even close to that huh.gif
«°~Envy™~°»
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ May 23 2005, 12:27 PM)

ph34r.gif

Well Son, when you grow up you'll realise your typing skills don't stay the same if you don't keep practicing them, some words I'll admit i ain't to bothered by miss spelling them, but mostly you'll see me make dang typo's cause I tend to type to fast

oh and No offense wink.gif

and as well i never said it was okay for anyone to kill, but it's worse seeing kids kill
khaos alchemist
QUOTE(«°~Envy™~°» @ May 24 2005, 02:16 AM)
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ May 23 2005, 12:27 PM)

ph34r.gif

Well Son, when you grow up you'll realise your typing skills don't stay the same if you don't keep practicing them, some words I'll admit i ain't to bothered by miss spelling them, but mostly you'll see me make dang typo's cause I tend to type to fast

oh and No offense wink.gif

and as well i never said it was okay for anyone to kill, but it's worse seeing kids kill
[snapback]178486[/snapback]

oh if i type something wrong its cuz im typeing fast to a plus im not that old i i mostly post messages on kids sites so i dont have to spell well
Elderberry
Wrath kills people so easily because he doesn't fully understand the meaning of life and had no one to teach him right from wrong when he was little. I mean, the kid basically grew up surrounded by death. First, he's trapped inside the gate for about 10 years, and then he's picked up by the Homunculus, who kill pretty easily and come back to life whenever they're killed. So, he's unfortunately been surrounded by all sorts of "bad influences." sleep.gif

...but he's learning! (..at least a little...) I think part of what makes Wrath so fascinating as a character is that we only get to see part of his development and mental growth throughout the series.

Oh, and there is an Wrath Hater thread to visits. Wrath fans stay in this thread, and Wrath dislikers stay in that one. So keep all the bashing in that thread, or I might have to call a moderator...biggrin.gif||

QUOTE(Envy-san)
That may be so, but here at this forum, we'd like you to try to make an effort to maintain some proper grammar. At the very least, proofread your posts before posting them. It doesn't take that much time. dry.gif
Fresh_Coffee
QUOTE(Elderberry @ May 24 2005, 03:23 PM)
Oh, and there is an Wrath Hater thread to visits.  Wrath fans stay in this thread, and Wrath dislikers stay in that one.  So keep all the bashing in that thread, or I might have to call a moderator...biggrin.gif||

:3 Oh, yes come to the Wrath hater thread, we love to see the hate. *cough* :3 Wrath is a very interesting character.

QUOTE(Envy-san)
That may be so, but here at this forum, we'd like you to try to make an effort to maintain some proper grammar.  At the very least, proofread your posts before posting them.  It doesn't take that much time. dry.gif
[snapback]178724[/snapback]

:3 Yup... I should really proofread my message more, I tend to make mistakes then realize later. @_____@
«°~Envy™~°»
QUOTE(Elderberry @ May 24 2005, 01:23 PM)
QUOTE(Envy-san)
That may be so, but here at this forum, we'd like you to try to make an effort to maintain some proper grammar. At the very least, proofread your posts before posting them. It doesn't take that much time. dry.gif

Personally I could care less where if I have proper grammar, My typos is what I mainly try to keep in tact without making mistakes, If i say some shit you don't like don't read it, lol and anyways he was on about my spelling, I'll admit there are a few words i do screw up plenty of times and not notice them, But I do try to keep my words right, now as for grammer I could care less about that, that was never my best subject in school lmao
Electrastar
QUOTE(Fresh_Coffee @ May 24 2005, 02:42 PM)
QUOTE(Elderberry @ May 24 2005, 03:23 PM)

Oh, and there is an Wrath Hater thread to visits.  Wrath fans stay in this thread, and Wrath dislikers stay in that one.  So keep all the bashing in that thread, or I might have to call a moderator...biggrin.gif||

:3 Oh, yes come to the Wrath hater thread, we love to see the hate. *cough* :3 Wrath is a very interesting character.

QUOTE(Envy-san)
That may be so, but here at this forum, we'd like you to try to make an effort to maintain some proper grammar.  At the very least, proofread your posts before posting them.  It doesn't take that much time. dry.gif

:3 Yup... I should really proofread my message more, I tend to make mistakes then realize later. @_____@
[snapback]178736[/snapback]

Love to hate ? I beg to differ, I just hate him....I don't really have an idea why, maybe because he doesn't exist in the manga and I think he doesn't really fit....Ed's limbs we're lost...they should have just left it a that...and since I don't like Izumi either, I don't have a whole lot of sympathy for both the characters.
DemonicFlare-Alchemist
QUOTE(arche @ Dec 23 2004, 10:21 AM) [snapback]64917[/snapback]

I felt bad for wrath. He had some goodness in him, but it was corrupted mostly by sloth.
I thought Envy made him eat fake stones and then he was corrupted? blink.gif

QUOTE(Elderberry @ May 24 2005, 02:23 PM) [snapback]178724[/snapback]

Wrath kills people so easily because he doesn't fully understand the meaning of life and had no one to teach him right from wrong when he was little. I mean, the kid basically grew up surrounded by death. First, he's trapped inside the gate for about 10 years, and then he's picked up by the Homunculus, who kill pretty easily and come back to life whenever they're killed. So, he's unfortunately been surrounded by all sorts of "bad influences." sleep.gif

...but he's learning! (..at least a little...) I think part of what makes Wrath so fascinating as a character is that we only get to see part of his development and mental growth throughout the series.

Oh, and there is an Wrath Hater thread to visits. Wrath fans stay in this thread, and Wrath dislikers stay in that one. So keep all the bashing in that thread, or I might have to call a moderator...biggrin.gif||

QUOTE(Envy-san)
I love you for pointing that out for everyone in this Wrath fan thread. cool.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.