Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Love At First Sight, Do You Believe It?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Open Talk
Pages: 1, 2, 3
rednose_rudolf
<Editing and changing thread title from "Love At First Sight??" to "Love At First Sight, do you believe it?" to better describe the discussion topic. 03/18/07 ~Tombow>

Do you believe love at first sight? wub.gif wub.gif laugh.gif
edsgirl
Nope!
Bling_bling_Angel
*shrugs* Depends... unsure.gif
Prinz_Zoisit
yes!! i belive in love at first sight... there were some situations^^;;
Gashole
I don't believe in love. huh.gif
Riza Babe
nope lol i like your sig Gashole
Ed's_Girl
Nah.
Zim87
yes. just admit your feelings after you get to know the person. then your life will be sugar coded.......for a while......
Quistis88
Lust at first sight exists. That's a given.
ἀρχή
Love is commitment and requires a lot more than just feelings. In fact love is not feelings based really. If it was, you'd be in and out of love almost daily as your feelings can change daily. You really commit to being with people you love regardless of how it's going to feel. You then get rewarded by feelings of love, but not always.

So, it's complex, but not really something that can happen at first sight.
Haroken
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Dec 23 2004, 06:13 PM)
Lust at first sight exists.  That's a given.

I go with that one
Hedera
Love at first sight?? I don't believe in it.
xrninja
nope. i believe in physical attraction at first sight, but definitely not love. for humans, at least, i can sort of see love at first site with puppies or cars or something.
Thievesvinegar
eh.
A.C.A.E.
Yes, I do! I got blow off both times, but hey! If they never loved you in the first place then its not as if you should mourn the loss of something you never had...

To Zim87-What anime is that big picture from? I've seen those characters some where but can't remember the name.

Faded wings of sorrow,
Temted by the oceans breeze,
Following a path to my arms,
Yet wanting to be free...

Eden F.
GuestHole
Perhaps that was lust and not love at first sight? huh.gif

The anime looks semi/full-hentai to me.
Quistis88
Zim, would you mind shrinking your sig?
Research Alchemist
No I don't believe in love at first sight, I do believe you can be attracted to each other at first sight but love is something that develops as you get to know another person. At least that's how it works from my viewpoint.
edsgirl
I second that opinion. I think people who claim to be in love at first sight are just horny. They just confuse their lust for one another with love that wont be there in the end.
Kihaku
QUOTE(Gashole @ Dec 23 2004, 07:45 AM)

That's sad....

Hmm.. anyway. I think it depends on the case. Yes, I do sometimes believe in love at first sight, but then it's mostly just falling in love with the person's appearance instead of what the person truly is. biggrin.gif It could happen though that you see into the person's soul *being all dreamy* and can really tell what the person is like. or then that you just love the character too when you get to know the person better. Lucky coincidence! biggrin.gif
Research Alchemist
One way i like to find out if it's one or the other. When your old, and no longer as handsome/beautiful as you once were. would you still be happy with the person you are with. so when you first look at someone check out their grandmother/gandfather if you can, she or he may look like in that 50 years, you still want to date her/him? just a thought.
Zim87
could someone tell me how i could shrink my sig. the girls are from Vandread. its not a hentai.....well.....not all of it......
Lady Battousai
Yeah right...the girls undergarment could be seen rolleyes.gif

Anyway, I not up to talk about h.
So...Love at First Sight... I agree with the Queen. but still...it depends on a certain situation...you might never know when it will happen to you wink.gif after all this world is full of mysteries...
sasuki_604
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Dec 23 2004, 11:13 AM)
Lust at first sight exists.  That's a given.

*nods* I agree.
Maybe love at first sight can occur but I think its rare.
Quistis88
About as rare as winning the lottery. Maybe even more so.
Ailuro
Winning the lottery and being struck by lightning on the same day.
Zim87
i've had love at first sight before. but the one i loved had to leave the country and we never met again......
Quistis88
Zim, you still haven't fixed your sig.
Kihaku
QUOTE(Zim87 @ Dec 24 2004, 12:33 AM)
i've had love at first sight before. but the one i loved had to leave the country and we never met again......

That's sad... sad.gif
You guys make me feel so sad... I sooo want to believe in love at first sight! I want that to happen to me and my future life partner... Oh well, I never was lucky with the lottery anyway... tongue.gif
~IamJoesGrl~
i belive in love at fisrt site!! happy.gif wub.gif wub.gif
~IamJoesGrl~
QUOTE(Lady Battousai @ Dec 23 2004, 09:28 PM)
Yeah right...the girls undergarment could be seen rolleyes.gif

Anyway, I not up to talk about h.
So...Love at First Sight... I agree with the Queen. but still...it depends on a certain situation...you might never know when it will happen to you wink.gif after all this world is full of mysteries...

i know how u feel T_T
Lady Battousai
Errr...double posting is not healthy...

Love at first site? ...
Thievesvinegar
staying up late is not healthy. but we alllll do it.
Bling_bling_Angel
QUOTE(edsgirl @ Dec 23 2004, 03:58 PM)
I second that opinion. I think people who claim to be in love at first sight are just horny. They just confuse their lust for one another with love that wont be there in the end.

*shrugs* Hell, I believe that... frikin' Gospel truth right thar...
hitokiri
well here's my take on it.. the average person is just not capable it of.

as an animal we have lost the majority our sense of smell, and all the chemically suggested behavior hints that goes along with such goodies. psycologically we are either too blinded by hormones in our youth or too plagued with fear of being alone in middle age. so no it doesn't happen, there is no such thing as love as first sight.

but i do have to say that there is definately such a thing a instant compatibility.

laugh.gif
Kihaku
QUOTE(hitokiri @ Dec 26 2004, 12:26 AM)

but i do have to say that there is definately such a thing a instant compatibility.

laugh.gif

At least I hope for that! biggrin.gif

Hmm.. wait isn't it that either compatable with someone or then not? It's nothing that can come gradually? *starts thinking*
Oh well, I guess you learn to get along with people after some time... but it so much nice when you hit it off at once! biggrin.gif
dramabowwow
I belive in it!! wub.gif wub.gif
Felidae
QUOTE(Gashole @ Dec 23 2004, 03:45 PM)

Agreed.

...But then again, maybe I'm too young to say that already. Whatever.
Let's just say I don't believe in love right now, but maybe I'll be a completely different person in ~5-10 years or something. *shrugs*
also_cursed
I'm not sure if I believe in love, having never experienced it romantically, but I definatly don't believe in love at first sight, except between a mother and her baby. Any kind of love relies too much on trust to be formed "at first sight".
love_me_destroyer
There's no such thing as love. Humans are only attracted to one another for physical reasons.
Thievesvinegar
^profound aren't you?

Since the question states love at first sight, i do believe it, but's it not as if it's going to last. We tend to have a short attention span. Now, if you're talking about true love, that truly doesn't exist.
hitokiri
QUOTE(love_me_destroyer @ Jan 21 2005, 09:42 PM)
There's no such thing as love. Humans are only attracted to one another for physical reasons.
[snapback]93838[/snapback]

what about the fat, ugly, poor people you see at the mall/campus/streets/places that are with hot chicks? not all of em can be hung like horses, so there has to be something to the attraction via personality thing....
Thievesvinegar
Money. Don't ever forget that one.
hitokiri
no i've seen these guys, they drive crap cars and dress like they shop at walmart for clothes too so i doubt that they have money. though they could just be the most frugal people ever, but then again if that were true the hot chicks would dump em after a day or two.
Quistis88
I suppose it's another one of those mysteries of mankind. Or maybe the chicks are dating them out of pity? Gambling debts? Vanity (in that it'll make them look like good people if they date the "fat, ugly, poor" people)?
hitokiri
or maybe they're mail order brides.... truly this should be investigated further, now if only i could find a grant that this would fall under....
Thievesvinegar
Then maybe love doesn't have to do with a realationship. It could be all about the self, the "hot" chick a) not knowning any better. b ) having an extreme phobia of being alone, so they'll accept anyone. c) not worrying about competing with better looking people, when they're partner is gratified. d) that hot chick would be the flower of the gardener-flower relationship, a control thing. e) maybe even pity...there are tons of other godknowswhat reasons.
Gashole
Or maybe the hot chick actually sees the guy for who he really is underneath it all. tongue.gif
alchemist x
phe! Yeah right.
sense
i would say maybe.

i cant say yes or no because if your not living with the person i would say yes, cause living with someone is so different when your dating someone you dont see 24 hours. but you gotta remember maybe you got love thru first sight but do you think they feel the same way . so its a big twill if you know what i mean .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.