Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Love At First Sight, Do You Believe It?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Open Talk
Pages: 1, 2, 3
alchemist x
Your crazy.

ANYway. I don't belive in love at first sight and I know that some people that do belive it because they may have a lover that they say they fell in love at first sight. I think they just got lucky. For guys I think it is just our other mind talking and there is just something attractive about the person but I have no idea what makes girls supposedly fall in love at first sight. Also I am not completly marking it out as impossible because there are too many things that you really cannot explain and love at first sight may be one of them. So that kind of follows up into wierd stuff and I don't want to get into it but most people who has had that happen may be lucky or may have a connection or something. So there is no way of telling.
zombie
@nakagos bunny Um is that girl a human or Anime?
Dingbat
Actually what is love? I would say love at first sight is actually just instant infatuation. You don't know the person, for crisp's sake. You CAN get to know him/her afterwards but before you see him/her? Okaaaay... It's rather unrealistic. I've thought that I fell in love at first sight, only to realise that it was only an infatuation and I fell in love with a different person whom I've known for a long time.

For debate's sake: Okay, suppose 'love' is all those feelings that make you want to stay with the person forever - I still think the chance of falling in love at first sight and then make that love works is very little. First of all you need the process of getting to know the other person. ext is actally molding that 'love at first sight' feel into 'love that lasts forever' and believe me it is hard.

So no, I don't believe in love at first sight
nakagos bunny
QUOTE(zombie @ Nov 11 2005, 04:53 AM) [snapback]312393[/snapback]

@nakagos bunny Um is that girl a human or Anime?

The girl is human.
~*(Jaded)*~
You may be attracted to someone when you first see them but you still know nothing about them. They could be a jerk, or have major issues, who knows? It's a bullshit fantasy. dry.gif
japaneseobesession
if you became veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery close friends afterwards, I guess I would
Aoko-chan
Nope, I don't..

Its more "LUST at first sight" than "LOVE at first sight". Its probably loving their looks more than who they are..you don't know them that well, and you can love them... I just dont believe it..more like LUST, I think.
Chiyo
I don't really believe in real love full stop, so no love at first sight does not exists.

Its been said before but love is something card companys come up with so they sell many things on St Valentines (much like green beer on St Paddys day) and they are both just as vomit inducing. Yes you form an attatchment to someone but its vital to carrying on the population. You love your parents as they care for you and they love you because you are passing on their line. You 'fall in love' with the person you believe will produce you good children, its just basic nature. Yes I write about love, but they are stories as I believe it all to be fiction.

Like Aoko-chan said its all down to lust, you can't look at someone and know you will have everything in common and that they are generally a nice person.
loudmime
I agree with everyone else who says there's no such thing as love at first sight...that it's more of lust at first sight

although there are some circumstances that a person may see someone and say "She/He's definitely the person I'm gonna spend the rest of my whole life with." and that it actually happen...but I wouldn't say that those people really suddenly fell in love...it's simply knowing that if you'd spend more time with the person you'd eventually fall in love with that person...[does that make any sense?]
JudasPriest1
I personally don't but a friend of mine does because he did that to me. It was creepy. He kept following me and night he was at my window looking in. When I saw him I jumped out the window and chased him down and and gave him a black eye and a bloody nose and quite a few bruises. I have'nt seen him since because I got a restraining order.
DZBrick6
'Love at first sight'? Depends on how many beers...
JudasPriest1
Haha that's a good one man! laugh.gif
zombie
QUOTE(JudasPriest1 @ Nov 19 2005, 11:14 AM) [snapback]316791[/snapback]

I personally don't but a friend of mine does because he did that to me. It was creepy. He kept following me and night he was at my window looking in. When I saw him I jumped out the window and chased him down and and gave him a black eye and a bloody nose and quite a few bruises. I have'nt seen him since because I got a restraining order.

what the hell?
why would he do that?
JudasPriest1
Cause he's creepy like that. Trust me that's one thing that was on my mind at the time.
slayeralchemist
Nope, Does Lust at first sight count? laugh.gif
000_neji
Lust at first sight isn't love at first sight...for me,love at first sight are just a plain crush to one person that caught our hearts...it doesn't mean that when you fall in love,you two will be together,almost love at first sight are kept secret...
Sharingan Serpent
I feel in love with the anime show Saiyuki at first sight wub.gif

Also this motor bike I laid eyes on...sadly I was underage and somebody else bought it... sad.gif

Wait does that count?
Dark Butterfly Demi89
i do trust me i've experienced it before wub.gif
Envy II
No... Love takes time. Two people can't instantly be in love, that's what we like to call infatuation.

Now, saxophone, that was my love at first sight. tongue.gif
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Saxophonist @ Jan 18 2007, 03:04 PM) [snapback]495158[/snapback]
Now, saxophone, that was my love at first sight. tongue.gif

I could make a real crude joke here, but I'll refrain.
Envy II
Perverted instrument jokes must die... yes... please refrain. I've heard enough. Especially since I play the bassoon. blink.gif
Carnal Malefactor
[chuckle]

Maybe you should switch to stringed instruments. laugh.gif
Envy II
QUOTE(Void @ Jan 18 2007, 05:38 PM) [snapback]495237[/snapback]
[chuckle]

Maybe you should switch to stringed instruments. laugh.gif

No, I don't like them. Except for the cello. The cello's awesome, but still I like the wind instruments better.
Ameiko
QUOTE(rednose_rudolf @ Dec 23 2004, 03:18 AM) [snapback]64812[/snapback]
Do you believe love at first sight? wub.gif wub.gif laugh.gif

Not actually... what do you mean you just look at the guy/girl then
you already think he/she is the one?

funny though....
Demon x
QUOTE(Ameiko @ Jan 21 2007, 04:37 AM) [snapback]496116[/snapback]
QUOTE(rednose_rudolf @ Dec 23 2004, 03:18 AM) [snapback]64812[/snapback]
Do you believe love at first sight? wub.gif wub.gif laugh.gif

Not actually... what do you mean you just look at the guy/girl then
you already think he/she is the one?

funny though....

I believe that is meaning of this infamous phrase
QUOTE(Saxophonist @ Jan 18 2007, 05:33 PM) [snapback]495232[/snapback]
Perverted instrument jokes must die... yes... please refrain. I've heard enough. Especially since I play the bassoon. blink.gif

how did you know that it was going to be preverted?
~Edward~Elric~Fan~
Well sometimes. I mean for different people I guess wink.gif. But for me I would need to get to know the person to see if he was the one happy.gif. I can't just tell by looking at a guy thinking hes the right one. (My opinion, I am sure lots of other people disagree happy.gif.)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.