Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: You Know You Are A Fma Fanatic When.....
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1)
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
darkangelslayer
You know you are a Fullmetal Alchemist fanatic when.....
  1. You thought about naming your son or daughter after a character from Fullmetal Alchemist
  2. You thought about naming your pet/pets after a character from Fullmetal Alchemist
  3. You constantly use quotes from the characters
  4. You spend more than five hours per day on this site
Make up some of your own happy.gif
xrninja
wrong section.

- when you've watched all 51 episodes multiple times and can quote large chunks of dialogue word for word. in japanese.
- you have al's intro speech memorized. in japanese.
Ailuro
QUOTE(xrninja @ Dec 22 2004, 06:06 PM)
- you have al's intro speech memorized. in japanese.

I have Al's speech memorized now~ Aren't you proud?
I say it all the time and my friends get rather annoyed with me. x3
jessin
I named my cat Edward after Ed. And it's not a bad name....not as obvious that your named your animals after anime characters.... rolleyes.gif
hagane_no_tokage
YKYWTMHNRW.... [i don't think any of these spoil anything...but just in case, i say read at your own risk...]

...you beat up people who make any crack about your height [hey, i been doin that for YEARS, edo...i PATENTED it, mmkay?]

...you name all your stuffed animals after hagaren characters...and are frequently seen picking up stray cats...

...you try and make transmutation circles with your spirograph.

...if anything...ANYTHING...is arranged in a circular pattern...you attempt to transmute it.

...you wear tinfoil on your left leg and right arm...

...you put tinfoil around your DOG's leg...and that one time you completely encased your little brother in tin foil... we don't talk about that now...

...you wear white gloves and attempt to fit a zippo inside the index finger...

you go around shoving pictures of children (some who are not even related to you...) in the faces of everyone you know...and some people you don't...

you've been known to attempt to memorize case files...and have failed miserably...(so you then bury yourself beneath a mountain of books to repent)...

you throw hand tools at your friends...just to show you care...

you asked for a hand router for xmas...

once you stuck a cucumber in your ponytail to see how pinako's hair did that trick where it stands straight up off her head...

you can shoot a bullseye from 300 yards...blindfolded and while riding on a car speeding away...

you have refused to drink milk for YEARS...

you wear red contacts and go to the tanning salon frequently so you can tell all your friends you're really an ishbalite...

you bleached and spiked your bangs and have become a chain smoker...

you wear an eye patch and have taken up fencing.

try as you might...you just CAN'T pull off that black miniskirt and tubetop the way envy can...but that sure doesn't stop you from trying... ohmy.gif

you often request to eat people...

you have attempted to steal the body parts of people you hate.

you wear round sunglasses and go around with a posse of people dressed like animals.

you get a cut and think 'ohmigod it's time to move to a new body!!'.

you inspect all of your mother's jewelry because you're sure she's hoarding the kenja no ishi SOMEWHERE...

and i'm spent... anyone have any other ideas? happy.gif
Ailuro
QUOTE(hagane_no_tokage @ Dec 23 2004, 05:55 PM)
...you beat up people who make any crack about your height [hey, i been doin that for YEARS, edo...i PATENTED it, mmkay?]

...you name all your stuffed animals after hagaren characters...and are frequently seen picking up stray cats...

...you try and make transmutation circles with your spirograph.

...if anything...ANYTHING...is arranged in a circular pattern...you attempt to transmute it.

...you wear tinfoil on your left leg and right arm...

...you put tinfoil around your DOG's leg...and that one time you completely encased your little brother in tin foil...  we don't talk about that now...

...you wear white gloves and attempt to fit a zippo inside the index finger...

you go around shoving pictures of children (some who are not even related to you...) in the faces of everyone you know...and some people you don't...

you've been known to attempt to memorize case files...and have failed miserably...(so you then bury yourself beneath a mountain of books to repent)...

you throw hand tools at your friends...just to show you care...

you asked for a hand router for xmas...

once you stuck a cucumber in your ponytail to see how pinako's hair did that trick where it stands straight up off her head...

you can shoot a bullseye from 300 yards...blindfolded and while riding on a car speeding away... I wish..

you have refused to drink milk for YEARS...

you wear red contacts and go to the tanning salon frequently so you can tell all your friends you're really an ishbalite...

you bleached and spiked your bangs and have become a chain smoker...

you wear an eye patch and have taken up fencing.

try as you might...you just CAN'T pull off that black miniskirt and tubetop the way envy can...but that sure doesn't stop you from trying...   ohmy.gif

you often request to eat people...

you have attempted to steal the body parts of people you hate.

you wear round sunglasses and go around with a posse of people dressed like animals.

you get a cut and think 'ohmigod it's time to move to a new body!!'.

you inspect all of your mother's jewelry because you're sure she's hoarding the kenja no ishi SOMEWHERE...

All the ones left un-slashed are true. Muaha. >D
Foolio
QUOTE(hagane_no_tokage @ Dec 23 2004, 06:55 PM)
try as you might...you just CAN'T pull off that black miniskirt and tubetop the way envy can...but that sure doesn't stop you from trying...   ohmy.gif

you know, i actually thought Envy was an unfortunate girl until the end...but thats not important. if any guy tries this, please tell me so i can kill you.
blueices
blue reads hagane_no_tokage's post....

blue instantly dies of laughter

blue resurrects herself to post:

I'm really not good at this as I should be (considering I'm that obsessed but:

...You know you're obsesssed with FMA when you use quotes from the show to save you on your japanese exams (well thats a personal one, but what Izumi said one episode (the grammar) I was tested on,,it's a good thing I remember hehe

....You attempt to braid your hair much more frequently

....You realize that white gloves are actually pretty hot (not mickey mouse-ish at all!)

....Males in miniskirts become extremely attractive

....You find yourself making designs on your arm with a magic marker when you're bored..

...You realize that maybe going for guys shorter than you might not be so bad an idea (I'm a chibi club reject after all)

...You're reading really old and boring texts for a philosophy course when you come across the word "Homunculus"-- Suddenly a big grin appears and you have new found energy for work

....You tell everyone that pocket watches are trendy

....You're friends keep telling you that your clapping and slapping the ground is just really too embarrassing

....You surf ebay for armor

...You grab a red marker and draw that seal on Ed's coat everywhere (clothing, paper, arm) laugh.gif (what's the name of that seal btw?)

Spoiler: (Click here to Display)

Bloodless
You've tried gluing your daughter and your dog together.
xrninja
QUOTE(blueices @ Dec 23 2004, 09:26 PM)

...You know you're obsesssed with FMA when you use quotes from the show to save you on your japanese exams   (well thats a personal one, but what Izumi said one episode  (the grammar) I was tested on,,it's a good thing I remember  hehe

oh yeah! totally know what you mean. on my last japanese test, "sakusen" (plan, operation) was on one of the vocab sheets we had to study off of for the test, and i could not remember that for the life of me until i remembered in episode 51 when hawkeye says to roy,
Spoiler: (Click here to Display)
and then poof, now i can't forget it laugh.gif

oh yeah, and my friend was called on for an example of a "can you blah blah blah" question, and the best thing she could come up with on the spot was "jintai rensei wo dekimasuka." ("can you do a human transmutation?") so my non-anime-watching classmates had no clue what we were talking about and i answered her question with a splice of al's intro quote and ed's speech in 51. something like "iie, dekinai. hito wa nanika no gisei nashi ni, nani mo eru koto wa dekinai. nani ka wo eru tame ni wa, doutou no daika ga hitsuyou ni naru. sore ga renkinjutsu ni okeru toukakoukan no gensoku da. demo, inochi no daika wa hoka ni nai. jibun no subete wo sasagetemo, muda kamoshirenai. dakara, muri da."

yes, my classmates think we're freaks. rolleyes.gif
Ailuro
Gah, I'd kill to be in your Japanese class. xD
Kitoky
May and will contain spoilers so read at your own risk.

1. You name your offspring "Edward" and "Alphonse" demanding that everyone pronounce it as "Edowado" and "Alphonseh".

2. You write a letter to the museum saying that the "Thief Siren" will appear to steal a suit of armor.

3. You frequently turn down invitations on outtings with friends just to sit at home and talk to the armor (you stole) and drew a seal in the neck part.

4. You enlist in the military determined to start a branch of "National Alchemists".

5. You frequently go to your school library asking the librarian if they had any Alchemy books.

6. You draw various different transmutation circle on the walls of your room and change your curtains to make it have a red aura when the sun shines in.

7. You go to all ends of the world in search for a talking Chimera or Shou Tucker.

8. You cannot get a FullMetal Alchemist theme song out of your head for a week even if you listen to every song you can think of to get it out of your head.

9. You prefer to ride a train or subway rather than drive or fly.

10. You go out to find a person named "Maes Hughes" to marry and have his daughter.

11. When your little brother or sister come up to you and say "Nii-san, my toy broke." You instantly grin and put it the middle of a trasmutation circle to fix it.

12. Whenever you see Fruit Punch you dump it hoping that it turns into something solid.

13. You go to various cemetaries looking for the grave of "Trisha Elric" and "Maes Hughes".

14. You slap your desk in the middle of class hoping to trasmute the right answers onto your test paper.

15. You study mechanics to become the first Auto-Mail mechanic.

16. You pretend to fall down the stairs and break your arm and scream, "Mom! I need an auto-mail!"

17. You walk up to your mom one day and say, "Mom, you have to die so I can resurrect you."

18. You pay your friends to pretend to hi-jack a train to prove you are worthy to be a National Alchemist.

19. You walk up to your mother and ask, "Mom, did you implant memories in me for your own convenience?"

20. Whenever someone asks you what religion you are, you answer "Letoism".

21. You chase after random police officers saying that they must die because they betrayed god.

22. You secretly call the Hospital asking to schedule an appointment for an auto-mail attachment.

23. You go a pocket watch store and ask if you can take apart and observe one.
xrninja
QUOTE(Kitoky @ Dec 24 2004, 03:17 AM)
8.  You cannot get a FullMetal Alchemist theme song out of your head for a week even if you listen to every song you can think of to get it out of your head.

14.  You slap your desk in the middle of class hoping to trasmute the right answers onto your test paper.

definitely 14.

- and you doodle "transmutation circles" in the margins of your notes, hoping one will allow you to compress oxygen and create flames, blow things up, bring your "dead" mom back to life, etc.

- you draw the flamel symbol on your hand every day with sharpie, hoping that if you do it long enough the permanent marker really will become permanent and you'll have a spiffy tattoo (although i think by doing that i'm just shortening my lifespan with the ink).]

- every time it rains, you think of roy and hawkeye. and every time you hear "useless," you think of roy and hawkeye. in the rain.

- you can relate toukakoukan to everything. which i do all the time >___>;;;

- every time you hear someone call someone short, you go off on a variation of "WHO'S SO SMALL HE CAN'T BE SQUASHED BY A SHOE BECAUSE HE GETS TRAPPED BETWEEN THE TREAD?!"
Kitoky
QUOTE(xrninja @ Dec 24 2004, 03:29 AM)
- every time you hear someone call someone short, you go off on a variation of "WHO'S SO SMALL HE CAN'T BE SQUASHED BY A SHOE BECAUSE HE GETS TRAPPED BETWEEN THE TREAD?!"

*sweatdrops*

Heheheh, I've done that...because I'm very chibi.
blueices
oh yeah, and my friend was called on for an example of a "can you blah blah blah" question, and the best thing she could come up with on the spot was "jintai rensei wo dekimasuka." ("can you do a human transmutation?") so my non-anime-watching classmates had no clue what we were talking about and i answered her question with a splice of al's intro quote and ed's speech in 51. something like "iie, dekinai. hito wa nanika no gisei nashi ni, nani mo eru koto wa dekinai. nani ka wo eru tame ni wa, doutou no daika ga hitsuyou ni naru. sore ga renkinjutsu ni okeru toukakoukan no gensoku da. demo, inochi no daika wa hoka ni nai. jibun no subete wo sasagetemo, muda kamoshirenai. dakara, muri da."

I'll definetely use that next time we have to do skits in class (I'll wear a red coat and a blond wig) and I'll wrap my partner in tin foil laugh.gif

This thread just brightens up my day XD
Senefen
The ones in bold are true for me....

...You know you're obsesssed with FMA when you use quotes from the show to save you on your japanese exams (well thats a personal one, but what Izumi said one episode (the grammar) I was tested on,,it's a good thing I remember hehe

....You attempt to braid your hair much more frequently

....You realize that white gloves are actually pretty hot (not mickey mouse-ish at all!)

....Males in miniskirts become extremely attractive

....You find yourself making designs on your arm with a magic marker when you're bored.. Not arm, text books and tables

...You realize that maybe going for guys shorter than you might not be so bad an idea (I'm a chibi club reject after all)

...You're reading really old and boring texts for a philosophy course when you come across the word "Homunculus"-- Suddenly a big grin appears and you have new found energy for work I read Harry Potter again for the philsophers stone stuff...

....You tell everyone that pocket watches are trendy

....You're friends keep telling you that your clapping and slapping the ground is just really too embarrassing walls...

....You surf ebay for armor

...You grab a red marker and draw that seal on Ed's coat everywhere (clothing, paper, arm)  (what's the name of that seal btw?) ...generaly I use Al's seal. On school desks to see if anyone knows what it is.

You read the manga more than you read real books

You can sing all the theme songs

You submit a picture of a FMA character for your school Art and Craft comp (this happened at my school, but it wasnt be that did it)

You grin whenever you see a mention of Alchemists or alchemy in your chemistry book

You start enjoying chemistry more

You've got that alchemy site bookmarked.

You notise your hair is the perfect length and colour for a character cosplay ( ^^ Mine is like Winry's...)

You change "Chemistry" on your school timetable to alchemy

You try to get your friends into FMA

You succeed
Kairi
my sister is
water_alchemist
heh...i guess im a fanatic laugh.gif
vegita625
QUOTE(Senefen @ Dec 28 2004, 07:39 PM)
You notise your hair is the perfect length and colour for a character cosplay ( ^^ Mine is like Winry's...)

If my hair were black and I didn't need glasses, I could be Roy, I have his talking about dogs and his duel in episode 13 both memorized, wish I could put it to use ::imagines dressing up as Roy, going out trick or treating on Halloween, picking up a random dog and being like "Hmm......... PERFECT! (etc. etc.)"::
TRON
-When you start making cicrcles in the sand then putting miniature sand horses on top of them

-When you start eating red candy as if your life depended on it

-If you stuff your little brother into a giant suit of armor

-When you start placing your hand on peoples faces when you get mad at them

-If you start taking your shirt off in front of people and flexing, trying to make them fell better

-When you start claiming you're a homunculi and jump of the Empire State building
when u finally decide to stop drinking milk
Panzer Dragoon
-If you start to call your older sibling "brother" or "sister"

...that's all I can think of. laugh.gif The others were taken. biggrin.gif If I was taller than my older sis and was stuck in a suit of armor, then I could be Al.
telepika
You hear "Bratja" playing at 4am then you listen to the walls of your dorm trying to figure out who's watching FMA.

That happened to me. (I'm not crazy ok.)
Phoenix_alchemist
QUOTE(telepika @ Jan 2 2005, 10:18 PM)
You hear "Bratja" playing at 4am then you listen to the walls of your dorm trying to figure out who's watching FMA.

That happened to me. (I'm not crazy ok.)

That happened to me too. My roomate is pretty hooked on this show, and he's got all the OST's on his PC.
vegita625
QUOTE(Phoenix_alchemist @ Jan 2 2005, 11:22 PM)
That happened to me too. My roomate is pretty hooked on this show, and he's got all the OST's on his PC.

::raises hand::
so do I! Yay! My favorite OSTs so far, esp. #2!
Zio
You know you are hooked when: (Read at your own risk)

- You wish to become the President of your country, so you can enforce a law stating that women in the military must wear miniskirts. (Done that.)
- You take apart suits of armor to find the secret of eternal life.
- You dress up as a woman and chop up women in hopes of getting caught so they can take your soul and put it in a suit of armor.
- You chop off your right arm and ask your brother if you could take his heavily tatooed right arm.
- You read the Art of War by Sun Tzu so you can quote it all the live long day. (Guilty of that one.)
- You take a cute little puppy....and you shake it for no reason, saying that you love dogs because they can't complain and you don't have to pay them. (Okay, so I shook the puppy. You have to or they won't bake uniformaly.)
- You hope to lose your left half of your body so you can get it replaced with metal/automail.
- You work out at the gym every day and show off your buff body in public, even if you just wanted to help an old lady cross the street.
agate
XD must add in my two cents..

1> you have a pocketwatch (if not several >.>) and have customized the cover with the state alchemist emblem, carved ''don't forget oct 3 '10'' in it, have completely disasembled it and put in those gaudy plastic red jewel/bead things saying that it will amplify your alchemy and carry that pocket watch with you /EVERYWHERE/ [ehehehe.....^^;;]

2> you are never seen in public without your white gloves on

3>live life by the saying 'Touka Koukan' and wil accept no other philosophy

4> draw on automail (if not already mdae it out of metal/cardboard) every chance you get [ so long as i have a marker or pen of some sort]

5> has altered your black boots to look like ed's and wear them every day [what? i like them! XD]

6>is working very diligently to be able to write with your left hand (if not already)

7> start hiding little daggers up your sleeve then whisk them out when in mock battle

8>is highly amused when you see a name from FMA in the real world

9>you constantly wear all black [well the gloves are white!] and maybe a red jacket with the flamel insignia on the back

10> several people have told you that 'you look just like <insert character name> would if s/he were real!'

11>have made such statments *points up* to your firends or random people on the street (or just thought it and not said it out loud)

12>and actually can think of several quirks for these kinds of ' you know you're obsessed when...' lists XD
hagane_no_tokage
QUOTE(vegita625 @ Dec 31 2004, 11:37 PM)
If my hair were black and I didn't need glasses, I could be Roy, I have his talking about dogs and his duel in episode 13 both memorized, wish I could put it to use ::imagines dressing up as Roy, going out trick or treating on Halloween, picking up a random dog and being like "Hmm......... PERFECT! (etc. etc.)"::

heh, you aren't going to otakon, by any chance, are you? my sister is winry and has a friend playing edo...i'm hawkeye, but i'm royless! T___T get a wig and wear your glasses! roy's hot with glasses! XD
Panzer Dragoon
QUOTE(Zio @ Jan 4 2005, 07:26 AM)
- You work out at the gym every day and show off your buff body in public, even if you just wanted to help an old lady cross the street.

Old Lady: I need help crossing the street.

Me: *Rips off shirt* biggrin.gif Don't worry, I'll help you! *Old Lady runs across the street as saying line* huh.gif I guess she didn't need help after all.

People in Background: blink.gif
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I will so do that. Only if I was buff... I guess that's why everybody ran afterwards.
saiyanprince
You get a tattoo on your back of the human transmutation circle and think it's the coolest tattoo EVER! (I'm thinking of doing this because it looks awesome) I can't wait to hear the applause or barrage of insults that are about to follow.
water_alchemist
QUOTE(Guest @ Jan 2 2005, 04:35 AM)
when u finally decide to stop drinking milk

i don't like milk... tongue.gif
vegita625
QUOTE(hagane_no_tokage @ Jan 4 2005, 10:57 PM)
QUOTE(vegita625 @ Dec 31 2004, 11:37 PM)

heh, you aren't going to otakon, by any chance, are you? my sister is winry and has a friend playing edo...i'm hawkeye, but i'm royless! T___T get a wig and wear your glasses! roy's hot with glasses! XD

Nah, too lazy for that... unless you happen to have some extra cash I can... "borrow"... yea, that's it... "borrow"...

Nah, a friend of mine will prolly go to Otakon (he went as one of the Sano cosplayers last year, complete with cardboard Zanbatou), and if I put in the effort of making an outfit, I'd prolly ask to go (he's been tryin to get me to go for the last 2 years), but otherwise, not likely. I mentioned to him that I'd love to cosplay as Roy because I can only do him or Ed (if I let my hair grow long, not my style), I guess I could get a wig... Seriously, I go up to anime fans and say "Who do you think I could cosplay as easiest?" Before FMA came here, people were saying "Vash, but that's a stretch..." Now that FMA's out, people are like "I could see it if you dyed your hair black..."

With a choice between Ed and Roy, the outfit for Roy would prolly be easier to do... ya know? Let's see... blue uniform... black wig... something to pose as the silver watch chain (or the silver watch)... white gloves with alchemy circles on each... I'm a perfectionist, what can I say? I'll think about it, but it'll prolly be a no, sorry Hawkeye, but you'll prolly be Taisa-less.

Hot with glasses, eh? Hmm... ::goes out in the sun for a while in Roy outfit:: I love transition lenses, he'd prolly be better with sunglasses than ordinary glasses biggrin.gif
EdwardElricPeru
when you love to see the 7th episode all the time and you always repeat "You Tucker son of a b..." XD
Ashari
QUOTE(blueices @ Dec 23 2004, 09:26 PM)

....You're friends keep telling you that your clapping and slapping the ground is just really too embarrassing

Guilty as charged... laugh.gif

Also...

-Any time you see a blonde guy with a braid you start to spaz

-Any time you see someone wearing white gloves you start to spaz

-In a frustrated rage when your computer doesn't work, you repeatedly try clapping your hands and smacking the monitor while giving your compy death threats (Especially when your episode downloads time out! *rage*)

-You have to hide all your little transmutation circle scribbles from your Baptist mother or else she'll think you're a Satan-worshipper wink.gif

-You start calling your older brother, who speaks not a word of Japanese (nor will he ever) Nii-san

-Any time someone even insinuates that you're even remotely short, or that you should drink your milk (or not drink coffee, as is more often the case with me), you proceed with a smack-down

Hehe.
Mortari
I'm guilty of most of these......

-You actually start studying alchemy.
Hilde Knight
You laugh everytime you see either a potato or a tomato. Bonus points if you see them together at once.

Come on, I know I'm not alone on that one.
xrninja
oh yeah. the pomato PWNZ. laugh.gif and yeah, i do laugh. XD

hahah, my best friend and i think on the same brainwave. like in japanese class, we were reading something and it said "irasshai" somewhere in it, and i turned around to her and we both went " XD! episode five!" stuff like that happens a lot.

and on friday we learned "-ka" in class, like nani ka or doko ka or dare ka, and i started mumbling the toukakoukan speech to myself (nani ka no gisei nashi ni....) until my other friend, who sits in front of me, turned around and gave me weird looks. laugh.gif
Wish_Alley
You know your an FMA fanatic;

When you constantly check this site for new images(mostly for Ed pics)

When you want to kill your brother for calling Ed short

When you constantly check this site for new manga chapters online

When you cry over not having cable to watch the show(ok I don't really cry)

When you want to slap your friends for getting episodes from other friends who get them off the internet and constantly talk about it infront of you and you can't watch the episodes cause your compu is too old

Oh yeah I'm an FMA fanatic biggrin.gif
kitsune911
when u clap your hands over and over again to get that perfect ed sound when he claps his hands and then make the little sizzling alchemy noise. lol the baptist mother one is very true. if my father sees the transmutation circles i drew in my notebook hell prob try to burn me at the stake.
Full Flame Alchemist
* Some spoilers*

You know you're a FMA fanatic when:

1. You glue your eyes wide open to look like anime characters.

2. You change your hairstyle to look like your fav. character.

3. Every time your dad leaves the house, you demand him to return in time for your mum's funeral,who is not dead.

4. You cry when you learn that alchemy isn't really done with transmutation circles and flashing lights.

5. You attempt to crush every new religon you come across.

6. You pour milk into your vegetable soup.

7. You jump through every gate with a burst of confidence, hoping it's 'the one'

8. You light small fires under pictures of your family smiling, then recite the intro from full metal alchemist.

9. Your determined to ask George Bush if he's starting wars to create the philosopher's stone.

10. You have seven children, who you name Lust,gluttony,Envy,Greed,Wrath,Sloth and Pride. You make them look like homonculus,(including eyepatches,tatoos and green hair.etc.) Then comand them to be immortal and get you the philosopher's stone.
AA battery
LOL, everyone got some really good one now I can't come up with anymore...

- You started to braid more because your little brother grew taller than you (my 15 yr old bro just grew taller than me last August... I am 18 btw... and I am 153cm/5ft... now I am really considering to make Ed's clothing and make a blue version for my little bro and then beg him to go to Anime Evolution with me this year... but then I will have to resist hugging him because I am an Alphonse fangirl XD but we will need to dye our hair to gold and our mom would totally not permit that... got black hair here)

- you get a lot of FMA plot bunnies during every single elctures and your school grade dropped dramatically (and this is true... I was a top math student at my high school and after i got FMA addcited, I am failing math in university now TT_TT)

- You draw your favourite character a LOT, and you can find that face in every single one of your notebook

- you are surfing this website even thought your 1000 words research essay requiring 3 sources is due in 36 hours and you have no source found at all (WHICH IS NOW) and you still have got your 5 hours part-time job in 8 hours. (SOMEONE BAN ME FROM HERE x.x)

- You would download different fansub group's FMA just to compare and contract and stare at faces (I got all SPOON, SONCHOU and KICKASSANIME's... and some raws.. and even some dubs...)

- You got your little brother addicted to FMA now and always fight as in who gets to keep the manga in their room (which is now... I got manga 1 - 7 and I hid them from my bro XD)

- The only type of merchandise you got from the anime con is FMA merchandise (here... 2 posters, 1 chibi set, 1 deck of card, 1 doujinshi, 1 pencil board, a few fanarts)

- You cut up a few of your gray colored clothing, attach them together to make they look armor like, and cosplayed as armor Al (whole body covered up) even tho you are only 5 ft tall and your friend who cosplayed as Ed was taller than you. (*waves* here XD) and it was 25 degree celcius, indoor with no air conditioning.

- You hate whoever (real or fictional)'s name is Edward (rare to find someone named Alphonse ^^; ) if they are suckers.

- You clap you hands together yet you pretend that you were stretching

- You turned down a guy and your reasoning was because he lacks this -insert human Alphonse characteristics here- and that -insert Alphonse personality here-.

guilty of all of the above :x
blueices
- You would download different fansub group's FMA just to compare and contract and stare at faces (I got all SPOON, SONCHOU and KICKASSANIME's... and some raws.. and even some dubs...)

After Anbu stopped subbing it I downloaded the rest of the episodes three seperate times in search for the ideal subs :sweatdrop:
In the end I went with spoon's for the remainder I think
Mioko Hagata
You know you're obessed when...
-You pass any of the FMA games in the span of one or two sittings
-You unconciously turn your head at the mentionings of words like Alchemy
-You have FMA related dreams (had one of those a couple of nights ago. >.O;; )
-You keep checking Ebay for FMA stuff that hasn't been released where you live
-You're ready to pounce on and attack anyone if they mention anything bad about FMA or Alchemy

All I can think of right now. O.o; And I've done several of the afore mentioned things in this thread.... XD
Ailuro
QUOTE(blueices @ Feb 20 2005, 06:31 AM)

After Anbu stopped subbing it I downloaded the rest of the episodes three seperate times in search for the ideal subs :sweatdrop:
In the end I went with spoon's for the remainder I think
[snapback]117877[/snapback]

Didn't Spoon stop at 48? If not, where's the last 3? ><
blueices
Yea they did...le sigh...too bad though..I found the font for the other subs too distracting. sleep.gif
AA battery
QUOTE(blueices @ Feb 20 2005, 02:52 PM)
Yea they did...le sigh...too bad though..I found the font for the other subs too distracting.  sleep.gif
[snapback]118205[/snapback]

SPOON JUST RELEASED 49 - 51 THIS WEEK!!!!!! XDDDDDDDD (that's why I said "all" on the previous post)
No way!! (glomps armor)

Ow, that hurt laugh.gif
Tobu Ishi
-On entering an elevator, if there's no one around, you clap your hands and press them to the doorframe as the door opens and closes, gleefully pretending that you're alchemizing holes in the wall.

-While discussing your future career with a fellow fan, you prop your hands on your hips and loudly declare, "When I am a professional translator, all of the women in the--wait. Scratch that. All of the anime that I...(etc.)"

-Begging your dorm-mates for laundry quarters, you offer bags of microwave popcorn "as equivalent trade".

-Eating lunch, you see a girl with a blonde braid and bangs and think, "Wow, she would make an /awesome/ Ed cosplayer!"

-In the middle of conversation practice at Japanese class, you bang your fists together and leer ominously down at your partner while speaking your line as a sushi restaurant chef: "IRASSHAI!".

-You style your long brown hair like Trisha Elric's and walk around acting motherly to everyone. "Don't forget to clean up after yourselves now!"

-Your group of friends prints out a huge collection of Edward art and screenshots to make you a poster collage for your birthday. You shriek with joy on seeing it and post it over your bed.

-You and your friends who have seen the entire series have concocted an elaborate language of code in which to speak about later events in the series so that you won't spoil it for your friends who haven't seen it all. ("I was so shocked by the small serving of shishkebab at the end!"..."Whatever happened to the person who pushes doors with children, anyway?"..."Hey, about the orange seed trapped in the apple...will it ever get back to the orange again, d'you think?")

(These are all quite true. I don't know whether to be pleased or horrified at myself.)
blueices
("I was so shocked by the small serving of shishkebab at the end!"..."Whatever happened to the person who pushes doors with children, anyway?"..."Hey, about the orange seed trapped in the apple...will it ever get back to the orange again, d'you think?")

You know your a mad FMA fan when you actually understand what that meant....(I too do not know whethere I should be frightened) laugh.gif
Horohoro
..I'm not sure if anyone said these two things, but I'll say it anyway.
--get a big silver pocket watch and carve that symbol on it. Then tell people that you are an official state alchemist.
--dress up as any of the FMA characters and cosplay in all of the conventions and always stick to the character and never cosplay anyone else.

that's all I've thought of since I first visited this topic^^ hehe
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.