Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Thread For Short People To Talk About Being Short!
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Open Talk
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
telepika
Hi Everyone!!! Welcome to the Chibi Club's new home.

Besides being the headquarters of the Short Club, this thread will also cover all matters related to shortness: complaining about being short, stories of members' shortness, etc.
Anyone who consider him/herself as "short" will automatically qualify! XD
Just introduce yourself, and post your height if you'd like, and then tell us about your "chibi"(short)ness!! biggrin.gif

Have fun!!! laugh.gif
mei_tenshi
Can I join? I'm 17 at 5'3".
Omakase Shimasu
Oooh, it's finally become official! biggrin.gif *cheers and gets snacks and drinks ready* Uh, no alcohol, seeing some of the members are still minors. ^.^

Hehe, I feel silly for asking who the President of the club was. Of course it's Edward Elric, the Master, himself. rolleyes.gif Tokage as the VP and telepika as Treasurer. *__* Sweet. And you've changed the height requirements! Kihaku can become an official member now~! *cheers more*

I believe I speak for all when I say: opening speech! =^.^=
Quistis88
I'm 18 and 5'2". It would be crazy if I didn't meet the requirements.
Omakase Shimasu
Quistis, the club wouldn't be complete without you!
Ailuro
So it's official now? Cool~ Go you short people! biggrin.gif
telepika
Opening speech... Ummm... Where's the prez? Oh, eating Kase's snacks... Hehe, you'll have to ask him later Kase. laugh.gif

@Mei: Of course you can join. You meet the requirements don't you?

@Quistis: We're the same height and the same age... blink.gif
Quistis88
Ailuro and Kase . . . are you two going to join? biggrin.gif

@Quistis: We're the same height and the same age...

Wow, really? blink.gif
Ailuro
Can't. I'm one inch too tall. tongue.gif
Quistis88
QUOTE(Ailuro @ Dec 21 2004, 05:16 PM)
Can't. I'm one inch too tall.  tongue.gif

No, it can't be! ;___; Slouch for us. And take off the shoes.
Omakase Shimasu
biggrin.gif I'm already a member if I'm not mistaken.

@telepika: Maybe you should make a list of members and edit it in your first post so we can keep track of them all.
Kasumi
I'm 5'2" and turning 16 soon. Looks like I meet the requirements. biggrin.gif
Ailuro
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Dec 21 2004, 04:17 PM)
QUOTE(Ailuro @ Dec 21 2004, 05:16 PM)
Can't. I'm one inch too tall.  tongue.gif

No, it can't be! ;___; Slouch for us. And take off the shoes.

Okay. xD
If I slouch, I'm 5'4"! Alright! Can I join? >>
telepika
Oh poor Ailuro. sad.gif Maybe you could be our ambassador to the tall people like Kihaku. wink.gif

A list of members... I was thinking of doing that... Oh why not.
Carnal Malefactor
Shouldn't there be different criteria for males and females, since women tend to be shorter, anyway?
Ailuro
I was just gonna suggest that. Beat me to it.
telepika
blink.gif Oh, sorry about that. hehe.
Omakase Shimasu
Got a point... But then you'd also have to consider where everybody's from. Europeans tend to be taller than say Asian... no, Asians are just midgets. No offense, I'm Asian myself. ^^v
telepika
Poor Kase... Where's Quistis?

I don't think I should make separate height limits based on race... That's too complicated. Plus, American Asians are tall, except for me.

@Kase: You're Asian? I thought you were European. Are you half?
Quistis88
I'm here, is there something you needed?
Omakase Shimasu
T.T The forum's against me, I tell you. *sniff*

biggrin.gif;; Yeah, I was born in Europe, but my parents are both Indonesian. My Dad is pretty tall though. He got that from his own Dad I bet, since he's almost as tall as him. Dad's Mom is so tiny compared to him, it's just scary. ph34r.gif

EDIT: Thanks, Quistis. Youre my savior once again. ^.^
Ailuro
Ah.. Well. I have European heritage..
telepika
Oh, Kase accidentally double posted, but someone fixed it so... Sorry for bothering you Quistis. tongue.gif

Oh you're Indonesian. biggrin.gif Strange, I always pictured you with blond hair. It's probably your sig and avatar.
Quistis88
QUOTE(telepika @ Dec 21 2004, 05:43 PM)
Oh, Kase accidentally double posted, but someone fixed it so... Sorry for bothering you Quistis. tongue.gif

Oh, I fixed that before you asked for me. biggrin.gif So that's why you called!
telepika
Hehe. laugh.gif

My sister just came in and said she's crying for us short people... dry.gif
Ailuro
How tall is your sister? o_O
telepika
Hmmm... 5'5'' or 5'6''. And she just turned 15. My other sister is 16 and 5'7''. blink.gif

They call me "chibi-san" tongue.gif

I'll put up the list of members after I return. I have to vacuum.
ἀρχή
Seeing that you have decided to organize, on behalf of those of us barbarians who are not of the short persuasion, I extend a hand of friendship.
Omakase Shimasu
Barbarians? You're not barbarians! biggrin.gif;; Now I can't help but wonder about your so-called "barbaric" height though.

Hmm, for some odd reason this reminds me of Thanksgiving. blink.gif
Ninie
15 and 11/12 tongue.gif and 5'2". biggrin.gif

We have to be proud of our shortness! biggrin.gif
Carnal Malefactor
My father's only 5'6"... I think he qualifies.

I'm 6 feet... I feel like Gulliver.
Foolio
im 6'3", eat it midgets
Ninie
blink.gif Is that you on your sig? Because you don't look tall at all to me...

Must be because you look like a guy I know who's a s-h-r-i-m-p!
Omakase Shimasu
Damn, we're being overrun by giants. tongue.gif

How come all the men on this forum I've met so far are all 6 feet or over? Rolfie, Vael, you two... (Makes me wonder if you all drank your milk like good little boys do...) So, spill. What's the secret?
xrninja
17 and 5'8". i could probably squash you guys with my size 11 1/2 feet laugh.gif

my poor sister, 23 and 5'2". excluding my grandma, my sister's the shortest in the family tongue.gif
definingmind
How come all the men on this forum I've met so far are all 6 feet or over? Rolfie, Vael, you two... (Makes me wonder if you all drank your milk like good little boys do...) So, spill. What's the secret?

Me thinks it was something in the water that caused us guys to be so tall. o.O;; Anywho, congratulation to all on the orgnization of the Chibi Club, winners are you!
Ailuro
QUOTE(xrninja @ Dec 21 2004, 05:24 PM)
17 and 5'8". i could probably squash you guys with my size 11 1/2 feet laugh.gif

my poor sister, 23 and 5'2". excluding my grandma, my sister's the shortest in the family tongue.gif

I can join you, Oh tall one! tongue.gif
xrninja
QUOTE(Ailuro @ Dec 21 2004, 06:31 PM)
I can join you, Oh tall one!  tongue.gif

do you use your short friends' heads as elbow rests? irks them to no end laugh.gif but i was shoooort until i hit my growth spurt after 8th grade, and they used to tease me for being short back then. muahaha.
Ailuro
Yes, I do now. >D

They used to do it to me when I was younger. I was always the shortest. But, surprise surprise! I tower over them all now!
Omakase Shimasu
Hmm, I was always one of the shortest in every class, from primary school to college. But I always towered over the rest of my siblings, even my brother. He eventually caught up to me though. He's now 1/2 inches taller than me! Most people mistake us for twins now... T.T He used to be my baby brother... I miss the good old days.

Hehe, I still tower over my sis and baby brother. And Mom. X3
ἀρχή
QUOTE(Omakase Shimasu @ Dec 21 2004, 08:15 PM)
Barbarians? You're not barbarians! biggrin.gif;; Now I can't help but wonder about your so-called "barbaric" height though.

A barbarian is simply someone from another nation - that's at least the root meaning. Typically meant a person not of the Roman Empire or spoke another language.

So, I can only hope that we can still remain in peace even though I am of the barbarians.

BTW: I'm 6' tall, so I have no chance in making this club.
Omakase Shimasu
Oh... another day, another bit of trivia learned. biggrin.gif;; Must be my old-fashioned way of thinking...

Wow, you really are tall. (I consider tall 6 feet and over, because I have to really look up at that person then) ohmy.gif Mind if I ask where you're from, next? smile.gif
ἀρχή
I'm from the US - eastern US, but in the US, we usually bread at the varying ranges tongue.gif.

My heritage, however, is primarily German - about 3/4ths German.

Well, here's another piece of trivia that I doubt anyone will get - well, maybe, but it's pretty obscure for Americans:

What US state has the longest official name (sorta hight related - size)?
Shinsei Kage
O_O A short club? I wanna join! I'm 15 and 5'1". I qualify, right? XD
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(arche @ Dec 22 2004, 02:04 AM)
I'm from the US - eastern US, but in the US, we usually bread at the varying ranges tongue.gif.

Well, here's another piece of trivia that I doubt anyone will get - well, maybe, but it's pretty obscure for Americans:

The Commonwealth of Massachusetts?
Ailuro
QUOTE(arche @ Dec 21 2004, 06:04 PM)

Texas. I'm guessing that because it was once a country.

But I think Bacon is probably right.
ἀρχή
Not Commonwealth of Massachusetts and not Texas

48 more states to go tongue.gif, but you have to actually get the official name too smile.gif.
Ailuro
Wow, how ironic! It's The State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations. tongue.gif
ἀρχή
QUOTE(Ailuro @ Dec 21 2004, 09:17 PM)
Wow, how ironic! It's The State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations.  tongue.gif

Yep. Did you have to look that up?

I actually grew up there smile.gif
Ailuro
Yes, yes I did. At least I took the time to look it up.. biggrin.gif;

Oh, is it nice there?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.