Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lion King
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Movies, TV Shows, & Other Videos
Pages: 1, 2
Fire Alchemist
It's one of mah Disney Classic Favorites...soo...>_> dont hit meeh!
Lady Battousai
Mine too happy.gif...I like it so much when there are both whacky Timon and Pumbaa!
Fire Alchemist
yup yup...I like the part when they were singing Hakkuna Matata

did I spell that right?!:blink:

Spell check please! ph34r.gif
mei_tenshi
I cried the first time I saw it, when Mufasa died...*eyes water even at the thought of it*

And I think it's Hakuna Matata, though I can't be sure...
hagane_no_tokage
my fave disney, too. biggrin.gif second place goes to eithe robin hood or the little mermaid, i can't decide...

i cried when mufasa died, too... oh, and i loved the sequence when simba was going back and running thru the desert. that was aweosme.
Lady Battousai
Yup...I like how the animators drew them.
Quistis88
I really liked the soundtrack. biggrin.gif When I first saw it, I didn't really understand what was going on, because I didn't speak English then so I didn't understand a lot of what was said.

It's neat how both Lion King movies are based on Shakespeare tragedies. biggrin.gif
Fire Alchemist
Simba is cool...ahahahah
Quistis88
Sorry to be off-topic and a stingy mod, but Fire Alchemist and Lady B. . . . could you make your sigs a little smaller? huh.gif
Fire Alchemist
ok give meeh a minute
Lady Battousai
Yes..madame!
Ailuro
Also off-topic. I thought I was also of royal blood. Angel said so.. o___o
Lady Battousai
eh?...is something the matter?
Quistis88
QUOTE(Ailuro @ Dec 17 2004, 07:30 PM)
Also off-topic. I thought I was also of royal blood. Angel said so.. o___o

You're of royal blood, dear, while the Princess herself technically isn't, but she's part of the family anyway. smile.gif
rsF
I love Lion King!
hagane_no_tokage
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Dec 17 2004, 07:10 PM)
I really liked the soundtrack.  biggrin.gif  When I first saw it, I didn't really understand what was going on, because I didn't speak English then so I didn't understand a lot of what was said.

ohmy.gif er...forgive my ignorance...but where ar eyou from, quistis? that you didn't speak english when you first saw the movie? your written english in the forum is so natural i didn't even consider you weren't a native speaker. happy.gif;;
GuestHole
It was original for a Disney's movie, but also violent. huh.gif
Ailuro
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Dec 17 2004, 06:10 PM)
It's neat how both Lion King movies are based on Shakespeare tragedies.  biggrin.gif

Oh woah, you're right! xD I never noticed that!
Hamlet and Romeo and Juliet!
Quistis88
QUOTE(hagane_no_tokage @ Dec 17 2004, 08:55 PM)
ohmy.gif er...forgive my ignorance...but where ar eyou from, quistis? that you didn't speak english when you first saw the movie? your written english in the forum is so natural i didn't even consider you weren't a native speaker. happy.gif;;

I am from Hong Kong, so my native tongue is Cantonese. I moved to Canada when I was around 7, and that was when I watched "The Lion King" in class. I could barely communicate with my classmates back then, much less understand the movie. Thank you for your compliment on my "natural written English." biggrin.gif

I love Disney movies. biggrin.gif So fun, and the songs are usually good.

I had a friend who had never seen the sequel. I drew her a plot diagram. It was hilarious. I should scan it some time, if I can find it . . .
hagane_no_tokage
QUOTE(Ailuro @ Dec 17 2004, 09:00 PM)
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Dec 17 2004, 06:10 PM)
It's neat how both Lion King movies are based on Shakespeare tragedies.  biggrin.gif

Oh woah, you're right! xD I never noticed that!
Hamlet and Romeo and Juliet!

i didn't realize it until she mentioned it...but i felt too silly to admit it... happy.gif;; now that i know i'm not the only one i will come clean... heh heh... what about 1? anyone seen it? i thought it was kinda silly in comparison to the other two. i was actually pretty impressed with simba's pride, i thought it was quite well done for a sequel.

and quistis, you are quite welcome, your english is excellent. you certainly had me fooled, i never would have guessed. cantonese is the more uncommon dialect of chinese, isn't it? mandarin is the one like...everybody speaks, right? always been intrigued with chinese...but i never had much luck learning it, i just can't pronounce a lot of it... ~_~ one of my friends from work is from taiwan, so she speaks chinese to her husband and family, and i always like listening to it...but all i can say is "xie xie" and "wo ai ni". heh... staple chinese. oh well.
Fire Alchemist
OFF Topic!
Little Mermaid is one of mah faves too...I luv the song Part of Your World...
Aladdin is another one of mah faves...A Whole new world is such a great song...
Quistis88
QUOTE(hagane_no_tokage @ Dec 17 2004, 09:14 PM)
i didn't realize it until she mentioned it...but i felt too silly to admit it... happy.gif;; now that i know i'm not the only one i will come clean... heh heh... what about 1? anyone seen it? i thought it was kinda silly in comparison to the other two. i was actually pretty impressed with simba's pride, i thought it was quite well done for a sequel.

and quistis, you are quite welcome, your english is excellent. you certainly had me fooled, i never would have guessed. cantonese is the more uncommon dialect of chinese, isn't it? mandarin is the one like...everybody speaks, right? always been intrigued with chinese...but i never had much luck learning it, i just can't pronounce a lot of it... ~_~ one of my friends from work is from taiwan, so she speaks chinese to her husband and family, and i always like listening to it...but all i can say is "xie xie" and "wo ai ni". heh... staple chinese. oh well.

So I'm the only one here to spot the reference (until I mentioned it)? huh.gif I guess I am fit to go for that English major . . . perhaps . . . biggrin.gif

I haven't seen 1 though. If it's silly then maybe I should not see it, not that I was really planning to in the first place. I forgot that there was even a 1 until you made note of it just now. tongue.gif

Mandarin is more commonly spoken, I suppose, since it's the official language of China. And I do believe that there are just as many Cantonese speakers as there are for most of the other dialects. It's actually one of the more popular ones, but they only really use it down south (ie. Hong Kong). Hope that helps. smile.gif

On a side note, I just found my plot diagram of "The Lion King II". I did one of these: O_o because I have no idea how it works now. I'll see if I can scan it so you people can laugh at my explanation-with-pictures skills.
mistress_aya
1 and a half is actually quite hilarious, as I found out. Yeah, I was a scrooge about it until my friend had me watch it with him. It was much better then I had imagined though. But I haven't seen Lion King 2 yet, and I don't think I will. Just seeing the first Lion King is enough for me. *nods* But yes, all in all, I thought it was a good movie.
lime_chan_the_wannabe_alchemist
I love this movie ^^*has two Lion King plush toys*
Fire Alchemist
that's cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Which characters?!?!?!?!?
Kihaku
Yup, I loved the film! Well like I've loved most Disney Films actually....
I've seen the sequel too, and what I can remeber of them, I liked the first one more...
The music was lovely and I loved the feeling in the film! All and all it was really great!
Lady Battousai
Ro-meo? Ju-ri-at?

Yeah...I guess so...
Quistis88
They should make another sequel based on yet another Shakespearean play (other than a tragedy). "Twelfth Night" could work. I've always wondered how lions would cross-dress.
Bling_bling_Angel
Lion King 1 was good... Part 2 sucked like crazy... 1 1/2 was HILARIOUS!!! X///D
Ed's_Girl
That's like one of my most favorite movies EVER!
Le Monkey
QUOTE(Bling_bling_Angel @ Dec 19 2004, 10:39 PM)
Lion King 1 was good... Part 2 sucked like crazy... 1 1/2 was HILARIOUS!!! X///D

one, ok i seen that,
two, not as good but seen that,
one an a half, ???? blink.gif Huh?
lime_chan_the_wannabe_alchemist
QUOTE(Fire Alchemist @ Dec 19 2004, 01:04 PM)
that's cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Which characters?!?!?!?!?

Simba and Nala,oh yea I use to have a Lion King pillow , TT-TT I lost it though
Fire Alchemist
Simba! YAY! I want one! XD
Blade42
i remeber once, that I had a giant simba doll. I put a chip in his mouth, then I went downstairs, and I came back up and it wasn't in his mouth, or on the floor, or anywhere. huh.gif
Fire Alchemist
ehh...You sure it's not one of those times when you drink too much coffee? lol
Blade42
I was practically 8! I was too stupid to even know what the hell that was!
Fire Alchemist
that's weird...did you have any pets? (If you dont...There's only one thing I can say...It's a cursed Simba Doll!!!...ok I ate too much sugar...)
Blade42
a cat, but she wasn't aloud upstairs. Plus, the doors to downstairs were closed.
Fire Alchemist
woah...It's hungry Simba Doll!!!!...XX...damn too much sugar...
kenny
are you sure this white powder was sugar ??? happy.gif
Fire Alchemist
ehh...OMG I'VE GONE BLIND!!!...jk...I think it is...
Blade42
Shoot Me!!!
Fire Alchemist
QUOTE(Blade42 @ Dec 20 2004, 01:23 PM)
Shoot Me!!!

ehhh...Why should I?...
Blade42
who said I meant it? Besides, I wanted to see if I could live. tongue.gif
Fire Alchemist
lol...Now you made me feel like shotting sumone...
kenny
haha ^^

admit you were ready to do it smile.gif

MURDERER ! happy.gif
Fire Alchemist
heheheh...actually...I was...
Blade42
You were gonna shoot me!? Cool...eh..no, not really.
Fire Alchemist
Like I said...I'm cruel...and violent...
Blade42
I'm violent, just not exactly ...cruel...just violent sleep.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.