Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rock! Let's Talk About Rock Bands Here!
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Music
Fire Alchemist
rock music rock my world!

I think that make sense...did it?!

anyways...I luv rock!
Slashrose1010
what is your fave band/s. Top3 if you can't pick one.
Fire Alchemist
ok here's my top three:

Linkin Park
Evanescence
Good Charlotte
Slashrose1010
NO not good charlotte!! I can't stand them. I am neutral w/ Evanescence. I like Linkin Park. I like the Mash ups they did w/ Jay-Z. My thre are probably:

GNR
Linkin Park
Green Day (not just their new stuff, I like all their old stuff too.)

Did you ever hear their Clash remake: I Fought The Law. That song is good.
Blade42
since you gyus are talking about bands.... I like (for rock) Linkin Park, and Green Day.. I can't remember the other bands because I'm not smart enough too.
Slashrose1010
That's cool. I know a lot of people who don't like Linkin Park just because they are rock/rap. Some people don't like Green Day cuz they are punk and mainly play power chords. I also like Red Hot Chili Peppers. My school also won a free concert to My Chemical Romance. They're pretty good. What do you mean you are not smart enough?? lol I guess because evanescence is a wierd word. And GNR is Guns N' Roses just in case you didn't know tongue.gif
Blade42
Red Hot Chilli Peppers...I used to love that band soooo much, I still like it, just not as much as I used too... I knew what GNR meant, I seriously don't have good memory at all though!
Slashrose1010
oh, lol. I forget often too. The only reason I can recall GNR songs is because I still listen to them. Hey anyone like U2? They alright, but I don't really like the songs that deal with politics and junk as much as their normal songs.
Blade42
I don't like U2
Slashrose1010
Oh, I like some of their songs. I liek some old No Doubt songs too. In the 90's they were kick ass.
Fire Alchemist
The Reason by Hoobastank fits Ed perfectly...
Blade42
I don't see how it does.... but, that's your opinion, not mine.
Fire Alchemist
QUOTE(Blade42 @ Dec 17 2004, 09:06 PM)
I don't see how it does.... but, that's your opinion, not mine.

well i happen to see this music video...the song is The Reason...and the clips are FMA...That's wehn i started thinking that song fits ed...anyways...back to the topic...I luv Bring Me to Life by Evanescence
GuestHole
Maybe the 3-chords structure does it.
chimeras cry
well since u guys were talkin about bands iwould rate my 3 fave are
cradle of filth
marilyn manson
disturbed

i really hate good charlotte,but i respect you reason 4 liking them,evenecense is ok i guess and lincon park is good to
Jaganshi
WAHHH!!! I wanna see My Chemical Romance! Well, while we're on the topic, my top three bands are
1. Avenged Sevenfold
2. Disturbed
3. Symphony X
Oh yea, by the way, Every time I mention Symphony X, everyones like "Who are they?" So I just wanted to know if you guys recognize the name.
Roy's Fire
QUOTE(Fire Alchemist @ Dec 17 2004, 08:25 PM)
ok here's my top three:

Linkin Park
Evanescence
Good Charlotte

I know where you got that quote. From ear-tweak. I love that site. Anyways... Linkin Park, No Doubt, (not rock more really Metal, but right now I'm obsessed) System of a Down, The Pillows and hmm I'll think of more hopefully!
Ailuro
What about the Beatles? unsure.gif
Slashrose1010
QUOTE(Jaganshi @ Dec 25 2004, 11:26 AM)
WAHHH!!! I wanna see My Chemical Romance!

I just saw them last night. They were awesome. It would've been better if there weren't adults but it was still cool. The opening act was pretty good, though they were a no name band. When MCR came on people really started to rock out. People were moshing and crowd surfing. We could get REALLY close to the band too. They gave out picks and T's but I didn't get any sad.gif They are awesome live. They sound jujst like the CD and their non-fuzzy haired guitarist is F-ing awesome. Definitely a night I will remember for years to come.
Username05
[QUOTE]"Rock sucks its all about Rap"

All i have to say is rap should begin with a C, C-r-a-p

my favorites bands are:
1. Led Zepplin (Zepplin will always rock"
2.AC/DC
3.Metalica

As you can see im an old skool (with a "k") Rock fan, "If you hate the taste, take it out of your mouth."
Hedera
Uh... too bad... there are not so many rock fans...
I guess, I'm the weirdest one - I like j-rock (japanese rock). sleep.gif
It would be better if I liked pop music, cause there are more people that like it... but I just cant stand pop... and rap as well... dry.gif
Roy's Fire
Well I don't know what it is then. My Jukebox says metal. All the people who I know that like it say metal. The system from which I obtained the music says metal. Whatever it is I really don't care, all I know is that it's great music no matter what the genre.
Aqua_Alchemist
Just to clear this up system are nu metal, not metal like metallica etc.

i like rock, but metal has surpassed it really in my views, proper metal that is my favorite metal and rock bands are:

Blind Guardian

Dream Theatre

Metallica (don't buy their music though, they've got enoguh money)

Iced Earth

Led Zeppelin

Rage Against the Machine

Some of CoF (that cruelty and the beast album was good, but they've sorta sold out now ) and some of dissection (that was under the influence of my friend tongue.gif)

I like some nu-metal, like soad and a limited amount of linkin park (their songs sound the same after a while), those mixes with jay-z were pretty good though, that numb one especially.

I like loads of other music though, even country and folk lol, I'm not as limited as most of my friends though smile.gif
Roy's Fire
Ok I get the point it's not metal or whatever. But how am I supposed to know? Every bit of information that I have seen on the group has said that they are metal so I can't argue with them. Plus, I've only been listening to them for like a month. I have never heard metal music before so I wouldn't know if it is or isn't. So yeah... Can we just drop it? Your right, I'm wrong, end of story. ^^
Mike
Would u say Nirvana is punk rock or rock?
Carnal Malefactor
Nirvana was a mediocre rock band, canonized by a generation of drug-addled slackers who thought their lyrics were 'deep', even though they didn't actually mean anything 95% of the time.
ἀρχή
Save the Wave!

New Wave's the best....

Just been on a New Order kick lately tongue.gif
-Kr!zY-
first of all, i love rock! i also love metal!^^ i dunno about you guys but i cant seem to distinguish the difference between whats rock and whats metal (besides the obvious ones) coz like, you've got your old skool rock/classic rock- Led Zeplin, Black Sabbath, Queen, Jimmi Hendrex etc (which rock,btw!! :p) but bands like Metallica, i've seen classed under the rock or metal genre or both! at the music store i shop at, i think its under metal/heavy metal or rock/metal (cant remember) -_-; i dunno...if it rocks, i love it.lol ^^
gosh, as for my fav bands-theres too many to list!!!! LOL
but, um...i guess the top ones i've been listening to lately would be:Metallica, Rage Against the Machine,Chilli Pepers, SoaD, Gunners....hm...uh, sorry,btw i cant stand Good Charlotte!! *shudders* sorry! :p
meh, thats enough blabbing for me!^^; sorry 'bout that :p
haplo
i think metal and rock are about the same
and cant tell the difference between them ither
but i like old rock like acdc led zepplin and qeen are the top 3
Foolio
QUOTE(Mike @ Jan 18 2005, 02:36 AM)
Would u say Nirvana is punk rock or rock?
[snapback]89672[/snapback]

grunge

i can barely start to list all my fav rock bands...
Metallica
RATM
In Flames
Sublime
Korn
Rammstein
Swingin Utters (no one knows who they are ;p)
Tool/APC
Bad Religion
AFI
Lacuna Coil
Vandals

ill stop there for now
Jaganshi
QUOTE(Dark Alchemist1 @ Jan 15 2005, 11:38 AM)
rock sucks its all about rap.
who ever made this thread should be ashamed.
[snapback]85423[/snapback]

Hahaha, your funny! biggrin.gif ....oh wait, were you being serious?

QUOTE(Hedera @ Jan 16 2005, 02:40 AM)
Uh... too bad... there are not so many rock fans...
I guess, I'm the weirdest one - I like j-rock (japanese rock). sleep.gif
It would be better if I liked pop music, cause there are more people that like it... but I just cant stand pop... and rap as well... dry.gif
[snapback]86641[/snapback]

I love J-Rock^^. Favorite Jrock bands are Nightmare, Psycho le cemu, Dir en Grey, Kagrra, L'Arc~en~Ciel, Malice Mizer, and Sex androids.
master_kakashi
rock fans. smile.gif hey hey you are my kind of people...
i'd say if i had to pick three bands i'd say...actually i couldnt just pick three bands.
i like all my music. hehe.
system of a down would be at the top of my list some where though.
and no offense to any of you mcr fans but they along with good charlotte and simple plan wouldnt be on my list at all.
but hey, as i said, no offense.

QUOTE(Dark Alchemist1 @ Jan 15 2005, 11:38 AM)
rock sucks its all about rap.
who ever made this thread should be ashamed.

...right....hehe laugh.gif u should be a comedian...i like to laugh

siner
now this is my kind of place to talk about rock! i love it in fact thats all i listen too biggrin.gif i dont like rap or R&B i just love ROCK! all different kinds of rock to be correct biggrin.gif
Slashrose1010
QUOTE(Jaganshi @ Mar 25 2005, 11:27 AM) [snapback]138961[/snapback]

I love J-Rock^^. Favorite Jrock bands are Nightmare, Psycho le cemu, Dir en Grey, Kagrra, L'Arc~en~Ciel, Malice Mizer, and Sex androids.

I like all of those bands mentioned, except that I have not heard Sex Androids. Maybe I will check them out some time. * knows that Jaganshi is no longer active, sadly.* sad.gif
instantmirage
how,
since recently i listening to emo,
i want to die now,
i want to cut my hands now,
die die die ...
DIE EMO BANDS,

...oh i hate myself now,
>.<
fma lover stef
i love rock too!!

latly it seems that people are always saying rap is "in" right now, but so far as what i've seen on this site, rock is what everyone likes. there again i guess rock goes with fma more so then rap does so thats why there are so many of us rolleyes.gif

my favorite bands are:
Linkin Park wub.gif
hoobastank
and i guess i tie between good chorlotte, simple plan, my chemical romance, and evenesance
Chibka
My favorite band is Evanesance.

But I do listen to some Linkin Park and Hoobastank.
Chibka
laugh.gif Thank you, Greeneyes.

I like Nickelback, too happy.gif Actually, I have a friend who went to a concert recently... she still has yet to let me forget it dry.gif
Kitty Alchemist
I like System of a Down, Drowning pool, Linkin Park, Nickelback and some other I can't think of.
Larry-Chan
I LOVE EVANESCENCE DUDES!!!!!!

i ahte it when people tell me that
1]linkin park sucks
2]evanescence sucks
3]j-rock sucks
I HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE SAY THAT!!!!! Ev and LP haters go home!!!
Slashrose1010
QUOTE(Larry-Chan @ Mar 21 2007, 07:56 PM) [snapback]520470[/snapback]
I LOVE EVANESCENCE DUDES!!!!!!

i ahte it when people tell me that
1]linkin park sucks
2]evanescence sucks
3]j-rock sucks
I HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE SAY THAT!!!!! Ev and LP haters go home!!!

LP and Evanescence DO suck. It's a proven fact. I mean, just listen to Amy Lee's voice. That's enough to make you want to stop listening to them.

Most j-rock IS pretty bad... unless you listen to Pierrot, Masterpiece, B'z, Kagrra, X Japan or anything like that >__>
Envy II
Lol, and most forums I've been to I would have been bashed for saying that those bands sucked. Nevertheless, it is their opinion, and if they like those bands it's not anybody else's right to tell them to do otherwise.

I'm not a big fan of all of the rock today... It and it's many subgenres.

I do however like soft rock, and rock in general from the 70s and earlier... like The Beatles, The Eagles, America, Bread, and so many others.
ゆきえいり
Yeah. That wouldn't be too good...
My top 3 are:
Killswitch Engage
12012 (yesh people, that's J rock)
The Used
instantmirage
QUOTE(ゆきえい @ Mar 31 2007, 01:31 AM) [snapback]523518[/snapback]
Yeah. That wouldn't be too good...
My top 3 are:
Killswitch Engage
12012 (yesh people, that's J rock)
The Used

what is your top 10 The Used songs?
I just want to know
Kari_Neko
hnn my top 6 are
-Fall Out Boy
-Linkin Park
-3 Days Grace
-Avril L.
-The All-American Rejects
-Nickleback
Tidusu
Lol, you guys crack me up. Lets see, my top three are Linkin Park, Disturbed, and Nickelback.
That One Dude
A'ight, well... In no particular order, I present my favorites:
- Linkin Park
- Aerosmith
- Guns 'n' Roses
- Nickelback
- Bon Jovi
Well, I obviously listen to more, but those are mostly the very few CD's there are in my house ._.U
Slashrose1010
My top three overall are probably:

Queen, Blind Guardian, Porcupine Tree... the first two fo' sho'. So basically... those three beat the rest of the thread smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.