Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What Is Your Real Name?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Open Talk
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35
Ed's_Girl
Al
(real name's Allie)
Dragons04
See?
Goha
Margaret Dominique
KawaiiKitty
I'll just give out my name its Violet...
Thievesvinegar
QUOTE(le monkey @ Dec 22 2004, 08:30 AM)
QUOTE(Shaman_Girl88 @ Dec 21 2004, 10:30 AM)
My name is really common. It's Rebecca, but everyone calls me Gecko. The tribal elders call me Shaman Girl though.

hense name?

tribal leaders? do tell.
love_me_destroyer
#1 rule of the internet: dont tell people your name.
mine's Grant, by the way. Or as im known at school: that athiest asshole
Shaman_Girl88
I'm the only female shaman in my tribe at the moment. There has only been about three before me. I'm the only girl at the time that gets to sit with them at the ceremonies.
Tokyogirl91
My real name is: Penny....I'm chinese, so it'll give you some hints about my last name. wink.gif Here's a hint: It's one of the most common chinese last name on earth!!! HA...I HATE MY NAME. I HATE MY NAME!!!! I would be better off with Jenny...>_< Just because my mom loves shopping, doesn't mean to name me after a BIG MALL!!!!....
Bling_bling_Angel
*pats TokyoGirl on head* Oh, calm down, child... sleep.gif Your name's juss fine... how'd you like to be named Jajuba? Or, Hezekiah? Or... *thinks of more outlandish names*... Chalupa!
Tokyogirl91
THAT'LL BE KEWL!!!! Nobody will every make fun of me anymore...>_< They used to (and they still do) call me stuff like dime and nickel at school because I'm so stupid...WAH!!! sad.gif mad.gif
Bling_bling_Angel
*gives Tokyo a re-assuring hug* Hey, my name's Sabrina, and lemme tell ya: I've been called a witch juss cuz of my name and I don't find it funny! *whispers* Here's what ya do if they tease... you get a stick and ram it up... XDDD
xrninja
QUOTE(Tokyogirl91 @ Dec 27 2004, 10:23 PM)
My real name is: Penny....I'm chinese, so it'll give you some hints about my last name.  wink.gif Here's a hint: It's one of the most common chinese last name on earth!!!

chan? chang? cheng? chou? chu? chung? liao? lee? li? lin? wang? wong? wu? those would be the most common chinese last names wink.gif mine's not that common, i've only met a few other people with the same last name.

@ blingy: you really think she'll get less flak for chalupa than penny? rolleyes.gif

@ tokyogirl: they'll grow up by the time you get to high school (probably. a few don't).
Bling_bling_Angel
Ninja, you think she's prefer Enchilada? *laughs head off* X///D
love_me_destroyer
I think being named after food would be great....
Asakura_yoh
naming after food will be hilarious lol XD
Omakase Shimasu
QUOTE(Aqua_Alchemist @ Dec 21 2004, 02:21 PM)
Maximillian Anthony Hong Leong Schofield (you could also add Chinese surname of Tan in as well if you wanted!!).

Why so many? tongue.gif I love your names though, they really fit well together. Maximillian~ *__* Gorgeous name, really. Sounds very refined. Schofield reminds me of the Nanny. laugh.gif

@Kagebu: Almost, kinda, it works for me. ^^v I think I've figured out how to pronounce it properly now, although you're right, it's near impossible to spell.
bryantq
im going to check with my legal advisor about this thread tongue.gif try not to post your full name smile.gif its part of our privacy policy to ensure that you stay safe, and although this was a voluntary post -- id hate to see for something bad to occur from it.
water_alchemist
heh Tokoyogirl...im chinese too! don;t worry about your name! There's a few girls in my school with that name
is your last name: lee,wu,change,wong,chu,goh,zhang?
i think lee is very popular in china.
Gashole
QUOTE(water_alchemist @ Dec 29 2004, 12:39 PM)

Or Hwang/Huang, Hu, Ho, Hsu/Su, Yu/Yue, Chen, Yang. I think we've listed all of the common Chinese last names.
Thievesvinegar
QUOTE(Gashole @ Dec 29 2004, 12:21 PM)

Or Hwang/Huang, Hu, Ho, Hsu/Su, Yu/Yue, Chen, Yang. I think we've listed all of the common Chinese last names.

or whatever garbled noise your mouth makes will work.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Thievesvinegar @ Dec 29 2004, 08:31 PM)
QUOTE(Gashole @ Dec 29 2004, 12:21 PM)

laugh.gif
Gashole
QUOTE(Thievesvinegar @ Dec 29 2004, 01:31 PM)

biggrin.gif Some are reserved for the Cantonese and the Koreans, though.
mei_tenshi
Cantonese isn't that garbled...o_o

Not as much as Mandarin, at least.
Ryan227
Ok get ready for this... my real name is Ryan hehe shocking isn't it? tongue.gif and my middle name is Elizabeth...
nanayamiyugi
My name mean grandma so what is my name?

THIS IS WAY EASY!
Slashrose1010
I hate my name. Anthony.... It is so boring and isn't kind to the ear. I like my brother's name, Pietro. Well, his real name is Peter (ha ha) but I call him Pietro because it sounds better. And no we are not Italian, we are Vietnamese, though me and my brother thoroughly enjoy Italian cuisine. My last name is very common Vietnamese name. Can you guess it? Hint: Think of a Golden Spike and a paine of glass.
xrninja
QUOTE(mei_tenshi @ Dec 29 2004, 03:29 PM)

really? XD i'm speak mandarin and for me cantonese sounds so guttural and garbled, and when i listen to people speak cantonese sometimes i start cracking up. ph34r.gif
Cloud28
i don't see any difference between cantonese names and mandarin...they are all written in chinese the same way...laugh.gif
xrninja
the characters, kanji if you will, are the same, but the way it's read is totally different. so like the kanji for happy new year is the same, but in cantonese it's "gung hay fat choy" i think, and in mandarin it's "xing nian kuai le." different accents on the words, too.

as for names, i think it's just a pronunciation difference. the written language is still chinese, the dialects are just different.
nanayamiyugi
lol
Cloud28
okay thats a bit confusing lol...laugh.gif
Slashrose1010
Yeah.... I don't get it either....

"Fire the torpedoes!" -Bart
"Put on our tuxedoes?" -Jasper
"I want some toquitoes" -I forget his name, the old guy who helped direct Casablanca (hopefully some Simpsons fans will know who this is wink.gif )

"You sunk my battle ship." - Jasper
water_alchemist
QUOTE(xrninja @ Dec 29 2004, 06:41 PM)
QUOTE(mei_tenshi @ Dec 29 2004, 03:29 PM)

really? XD i'm speak mandarin and for me cantonese sounds so guttural and garbled, and when i listen to people speak cantonese sometimes i start cracking up. ph34r.gif

lol it's really funny if you hear them talk really fast because it sounds like they are just making up words laugh.gif
hitokiri
QUOTE(water_alchemist @ Dec 29 2004, 10:45 PM)
lol it's really funny if you hear them talk really fast because it sounds like they are just making up words laugh.gif

um all languages sound like that when you don't understand them.
Gashole
QUOTE(xrninja @ Dec 29 2004, 06:56 PM)
but in cantonese it's "gung hay fat choy"

Ow, that's Cantonese. I was beginning to wonder if it was some sort of dialect.
Quistis88
What's funny is that it's not even an accurate romanization. Not the first word anyway. But you see it all the time in little banners in Chinese restaurants. biggrin.gif
Gashole
I thought it was more of Gong Xi Fat Choi, though. But probably mixed it up with some Chinese or made-up words? unsure.gif
Quistis88
QUOTE(Gashole @ Dec 29 2004, 10:24 PM)
I thought it was more of Gong Xi Fat Choi, though. But probably mixed it up with some Chinese or made-up words? unsure.gif

That one is leaning closer to Mandarin.
Slashrose1010
QUOTE(hitokiri @ Dec 29 2004, 09:02 PM)

That's true. Even when I listen to japanese songs I have to listen to them a few times to catch every syllable. We must sound like raving lunatics when we visit foreign countries lol laugh.gif
Le Monkey
he he

I know what you mean
water_alchemist
QUOTE(Slashrose1010 @ Dec 29 2004, 10:36 PM)
QUOTE(hitokiri @ Dec 29 2004, 09:02 PM)

That's true. Even when I listen to japanese songs I have to listen to them a few times to catch every syllable. We must sound like raving lunatics when we visit foreign countries lol laugh.gif

well i understand chinese and cantonese very well.
eerabbit
wow...guess i came kinda late...well if anyones still there then guess my name biggrin.gif
hint: my nickname is of an extinct bird ph34r.gif
Nasser
Edwin Rios Jr <I hate it just call me Nasser!
Ailuro
QUOTE(eerabbit @ Jan 13 2005, 09:21 PM)
wow...guess i came kinda late...well if anyones still there then guess my name  biggrin.gif
hint: my nickname is of an extinct bird  ph34r.gif

Dodo?
Quistis88
QUOTE(Ailuro @ Jan 13 2005, 10:23 PM)
Dodo?

That's my first guess, too.

That, or Passenger Pidgeon.
Thievesvinegar
If you're asian, it's Phoenix.
Ailuro
QUOTE(Nasser @ Jan 13 2005, 09:23 PM)
Edwin Rios Jr <I hate it just call me Nasser!

Edwin. *gigglesnort* >>;

Please note that I'm not making fun of your name. tongue.gif
Nasser
.......right.... mad.gif
Ailuro
No, no. You don't understand. The EdwardxWinry pairing is called "Edwin". That's why I laughed. x3
Nasser
That is kinda funny Woot! TO bad I'm puerto rican LMAO
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.