Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What Is Your Real Name?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Open Talk
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35
xrninja
QUOTE(kenny @ Dec 19 2004, 04:11 PM)
huhu ^^

actually i always wanted to be called kenny... but you know lorenzo is not so bad... laugh.gif

and lauren is a beautiful name smile.gif

aww, thank you. my parents thought it was a unique-ish name when they named me, but it's getting to be too common of a name here, like michelle or jennifer >___>;;

actually, i was supposed to be a boy named aaron. ahaha.
darkangelslayer
lorenzo is exotic, not a very ordinary name....just like mine!
kenny
thx ^^ yeah it's origine is italian ! well actually swiss italian... biggrin.gif

For the history geeks : Lorenzo de Medicis was the richest guy in Italy for a period, and he lived in Firenze. He was known as : Lorenzo il Magnifico.
Lorenzo the wonderful ^^
Le Monkey
QUOTE(xrninja @ Dec 19 2004, 04:13 PM)
QUOTE(kenny @ Dec 19 2004, 04:11 PM)
huhu ^^

actually i always wanted to be called kenny... but you know lorenzo is not so bad... laugh.gif

and lauren is a beautiful name smile.gif

aww, thank you. my parents thought it was a unique-ish name when they named me, but it's getting to be too common of a name here, like michelle or jennifer >___>;;

actually, i was supposed to be a boy named aaron. ahaha.

he he, your parents got it wrong then wif the gender fing?

ah well, atleast the didnt still call you aaron, HEHEHE

Am far too hyper
DarkWater Alchemist
THere are more of these names that are used for both boys and girls, like Dominique... my nephew's name. ^^

Come to think of it, I know a guy called Edward who has long blond hair and kickass boots. ^^

Little question: how do you like Imarion as a name? (pronounce the i as in 'italic'.
kenny
Imarion ?

well, for male or female ? cuz Marion is my mother's name but Imarion could be both.. no ? happy.gif
xrninja
QUOTE(le monkey @ Dec 20 2004, 03:01 AM)

Am far too hyper

nah, they were hoping for a boy, who they would have named "aaron," but then they found out i was gonna be a girl. so the sun family name ends with me, which is a little sad. then i think they were going to name me "erin" but my sister had a friend named lauren and they decided lauren was a nicer name rolleyes.gif
DarkWater Alchemist
QUOTE(kenny @ Dec 20 2004, 08:56 PM)
Imarion ?

well, for male or female ? cuz Marion is my mother's name but Imarion could be both.. no ? happy.gif

it coulb be for both, but I intended it for a male. Well, a character in a story I'm writing cool.gif
kenny
In that case I think it's a good name wink.gif
sasuki_604
Wow! You guys have really interesting names! smile.gif
Fire Alchemist
I wanna be named Moonlight...ehh...dont ask...
xrninja
QUOTE(Fire Alchemist @ Dec 21 2004, 12:48 AM)

moonlight would be another name that would go horribly with my last name. moonlight sun. how very hippie blink.gif
l|Kouga|l-Youkai
Ignoreing what you just said lol *looks at your sig laugh.gif so funny*
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(xrninja @ Dec 21 2004, 07:51 AM)
QUOTE(Fire Alchemist @ Dec 21 2004, 12:48 AM)

moonlight would be another name that would go horribly with my last name. moonlight sun. how very hippie blink.gif

laugh.gif

I can already see the new-age medicine emporium...
Omakase Shimasu
I'm envious of you all - all such nice names. Even Gashole's. I'm serious here! tongue.gif

Well, everybody already knows my name (name, first name, plus surname) so...
l|Kouga|l-Youkai
My name is Zack O_o. I don't like my name O_o
Thievesvinegar
Zack? I had a children's book about Zack and his alligator on a keychain. He'll add water and the keychain would turn into a real live alligator.
l|Kouga|l-Youkai
Wtf..................laugh.gif
Carnal Malefactor
Wasn't the protagonist of 'Everybody Poops' also named Zack?
Omakase Shimasu
What's there not to like about Zack? It's a very nice name with great meanings. "Remembrance of the Lord," and "He who laughs," among others. biggrin.gif Zack, Zackary.

Oof, I shouldn't be writing... My brain's asleep. @.@

EDITL: Not to mention I write too slow right now. >.> "Everybody Poops"? Tell me you're kidding.
l|Kouga|l-Youkai
You have callithed me by my fullith nameith i shall curseith you!!!!!!!

*thx for complements ^^ you are very nice^^*
Omakase Shimasu
What, Zackary? biggrin.gif I really like that name. I had a friend at primary school who was also called Zackary, but he wouldn't allow anyone calling him that. Instead it had to be Zack. smile.gif I don't see a problem with Zackary at all though.

Thank you for the compliment.
l|Kouga|l-Youkai
laugh.gif
xrninja
kouga, what did we say before about posts with just a smiley or just "lol" or "lol smiley"?
Quistis88
And now, I shall go around and delete Zackary's posts that have no actual conversational content, whatsoever.
l|Kouga|l-Youkai
GI GAH BWAH! *screams in horror, the girls have the ultimate weapo to bring me down looks around the room......MY FULL NAME! NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!*
xrninja
oh yeah, remember how we mentioned some time before that "ed's girl," the new spammer, should get together with kouga? and then we found out that she has a boyfriend named zac? how ironic tongue.gif
l|Kouga|l-Youkai
I REFUSE TO BE CALLED THIS THIS NAME OF WICH YOU SPEAK! *turns and smacks face into wall, ow ow pain ow pain*
Thievesvinegar
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Dec 21 2004, 12:05 AM)

fond memories?
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Thievesvinegar @ Dec 21 2004, 08:21 AM)
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Dec 21 2004, 12:05 AM)

fond memories?

[rimshot]
Quistis88
QUOTE(xrninja @ Dec 21 2004, 01:19 AM)
oh yeah, remember how we mentioned some time before that "ed's girl," the new spammer, should get together with kouga? and then we found out that she has a boyfriend named zac? how ironic tongue.gif

It's ironic, all right. This Zackary here is actually funny if you're in a good mood. biggrin.gif
l|Kouga|l-Youkai
SCORE!, I I I mean thank you yes i am aren't I
Kagebu
Here's a toughie... maybe. I'm curious to see who will guess this right. My last name is one of the départements of France, so it's obviously French. Er, and since there's a buttload of 'em, I'll give another hint and say that it stars with an s. Kukuku, I bet research is necessary.

It was a curse growing up with because there wasnobody who could pronounce it properly. I eventually gave in and let them mispronounce it so I didn't have to explain.

And for my first name, which will definately be easier, the hint is "Buffalo Bill."
Quistis88
William Somme. I don't know. tongue.gif
l|Kouga|l-Youkai
Just a question but how did you make the thing above the blue squares say s[ecial ops blah blah blah?
Quistis88
You missed my little promotion. I'm a mod now, Kouga. biggrin.gif That means I can delete your posts if you spam. Hahahahahaha!
Kagebu
Well, I'd guess there would be a few whacks on the Buffalo Bill hint before someone would get it right. Actually, I believe it was the last name of his real name, which was Cody.

For my family name, it's Savoie. The clue I gave wasn't all that spiffy; I imagine we'd have run through quite a bit of 'em to get the right one. I'm just posting before I hit the hay. Maybe I should have posted this tomorrow afternoon, since I imagine not many people are on.

I kinda wish I had a different first name though. You wouldn't imagine the amount of Codys there are where I live. It's "Cody!" and I turn around, along with fifty others dry.gif
Quistis88
Ohh, I see. Savoie is a nice surname. smile.gif
Omakase Shimasu
Indeed, I'm only wondering how you should pronounce it. smile.gif Something like Sah-voy?
Quistis88
Must be. I'm curious as well. I've been saying it out loud and nothing sounds right.
xrninja
it sounds elegant in a yummy way. like, "i'll have a glass of 1993 savoie with my pate de foie gras" yummy elegant. maybe because i'm hungry.
Omakase Shimasu
I know and now that I think about it, Sah-voy doesn't sound all that right either... Maybe Sah-vwah? blink.gif Sah-vway?

biggrin.gif;; Kagebu was right, I don't have a clue on how to pronounce it either. Sorry!
Quistis88
Crazy ninja. Maybe you should go eat something, hmm? smile.gif

Sorry, Kagebu. I can't pronounce it either . . .
Le Monkey
QUOTE(xrninja @ Dec 20 2004, 03:06 PM)
QUOTE(le monkey @ Dec 20 2004, 03:01 AM)

Am far too hyper

nah, they were hoping for a boy, who they would have named "aaron," but then they found out i was gonna be a girl. so the sun family name ends with me, which is a little sad. then i think they were going to name me "erin" but my sister had a friend named lauren and they decided lauren was a nicer name rolleyes.gif

it dosnt have to end wif u, you can keep your name in marrage
Aqua_Alchemist
Heh 'ph34r' my name (here goes);

Maximillian Anthony Hong Leong Schofield (you could also add Chinese surname of Tan in as well if you wanted!!).

I like my name though, although I do get teased for it sometimes, generally i just stick with Max though, a lot easier!!
Shaman_Girl88
My name is really common. It's Rebecca, but everyone calls me Gecko. The tribal elders call me Shaman Girl though.
kenny
QUOTE(xrninja @ Dec 21 2004, 02:16 AM)
it sounds elegant in a yummy way. like, "i'll have a glass of 1993 savoie with my pate de foie gras" yummy elegant. maybe because i'm hungry.

Hahahah !!! sorry, but I'm currently dying in extasy !!! lol ! For a french speaker like me, to hear (or just imagine, in that case) a personn saying "foie gras", or "Savoie" is like !!! hahahha soory !! biggrin.gif

huhuhu laugh.gif

And I live a few minutes from Savoie, but on the other side of the border, in Switzerland.. smile.gif
Kagebu
I guess Omakase Shimasu kind of got it right with "Sah-vwah."

I honestly wouldn't know how to type it out to match the phonics of the name, but it's something like that. I don't think the name is anything special though, since I'm actually cajun and French surnames aren't uncommon at all where I'm from. But Savoie is a pretty rare name where I live, as I can only think of one other family (unrelated to my own) with that name.
Le Monkey
QUOTE(Shaman_Girl88 @ Dec 21 2004, 10:30 AM)
My name is really common. It's Rebecca, but everyone calls me Gecko. The tribal elders call me Shaman Girl though.

hense name?
Dragons04
John, but my friends call me J.W. or Roy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.