Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What Is Your Real Name?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Open Talk
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35
Kale Mustang
My boring name is... *drumroll* Joe.

tongue.gif
Little Washu
^I feel that name is quite comedic XD

Recently, I've noticed that no one can spell my name. Honestly:

T-H-E-R-E-S-A

Usually it's just forgetting the 'h', but some spell it like "Tereasa" or something. Mostly though, it's "Teresa", even my teachers and FAMILY misspells it. It's kind of sad...
Kari_Neko
^I SPELL YOUR NAME RIGHT! .....It took me forever and a day but I can! XD
Hagaren_4ever
Kristen. Kris. Kam. Any one o' dose. Mostly Kristen.
jacksparrow589
Katherine, but I mostly go by Katy. (Sometimes with my middle name, Rose, tacked on for good measure.)

I know, no "y" in the original... My dad worked with a "Katy-with-a-y", and decided that was how it was going to be. He didn't seem to think people would mis-spell it so often.
Animeoldtimer
QUOTE (Little Washu @ Apr 20 2009, 03:57 PM) *
^I feel that name is quite comedic XD

Recently, I've noticed that no one can spell my name. Honestly:

T-H-E-R-E-S-A

Usually it's just forgetting the 'h', but some spell it like "Tereasa" or something. Mostly though, it's "Teresa", even my teachers and FAMILY misspells it. It's kind of sad...

It's funny you say that. I had a friend named Teresa and used to get frustrated because everyone kept putting the "h" in her name.

People just don't get names right. I constantly have that problem. My real name is Celia and people are always wanting to call me "Cecilia." That is NOT what my parents named me. For some it's a shortened from of Cecilia, but actually it is stand alone name as well. I just laugh to myself about it sometimes because when you meet someone with a name such as "Mike" you say "Hi, Mike." not "Hi Michael." I think sometimes when you first meet people (myself included) if you don't listen right away you hear names in the way you think they are said.
mei_tenshi
QUOTE (Animeoldtimer @ Apr 21 2009, 11:50 AM) *
QUOTE (Little Washu @ Apr 20 2009, 03:57 PM) *
^I feel that name is quite
It's funny you say that. I had a friend named Teresa and used to get frustrated because everyone kept putting the "h" in her name.
I tend to spell it with the H by default, mostly because the first person I knew with the name (a neighbor) spelled it like Washu does.

People usually get my name right. You'd have to try really hard not to, though it's happened before. mellow.gif
Popogeejo
May Tenshee.
mei_tenshi
Aw, thanks for the effort, Popo. You really didn't have to demonstrate. laugh.gif
Saving_Grace
-
Yana
My real name's Emily. Unbelievable how some still manage to call me "Emilie" or something like that.
luluseason
My real name is Lucy. D; i hate it...
kazare
Christine Mae , , , and I love it . . . sometimes?
IceSkadi
My real name is Flavia
It means both "blonde" and "golden".

PS: I'm very curious to know how people from other countries pronounce it tongue.gif
evel
Sanna. Not too nice name, eh. Simple and kinda common here. I don't like it, it doesn't fit me (or that's what I think at least). I'd like it more without that 'S' so it would be just 'Anna'. I hate introduce myself because it sounds so stupid when I say 'S'. Not because I can't say it right, but because it sounds so stupid :P
KwiatekAlchemist
My real name is Samantha.
and apperently it means "good listener"
which I agree with because I consider myself to be a good listener. xD
kikuchan xx
My name is Kikuno.
It means sunflower in Japanese. wink.gif
ScarMySoul
QUOTE (kikuchan xx @ Feb 19 2010, 06:51 PM) *
My name is Kikuno.
It means sunflower in Japanese. wink.gif

That's a really lovely name..... happy.gif

My real name is Heathurr.... you can see that in my sig where my links are....
A Pierrot's Aria
My real name's Nicole...

: )
hawkflame
Uh, hi, I'm Arnold...
Taylor95
My real name is Taylor. It's also part of my username.
EniviD EiraM
my real name is .....

[read backwards]

♥ E N I V I D ♥

can't read ??

well, that's slow .. !
Mhacy
My real name is Anne Catherine...too far from Mhacy xP
MsLinn
You all have such badass names...I'm not very secretive on the internet (maybe I should be...) so, yes, my name is Linn. (try to missspell that ...although my mother wanted to spell it 'Lynn' like in the US, but the old ones in the family wouldn't let her ^^).
I often want to have a cooler name, but...gya, it looks kinda cool sometimes, with my last name...
It has no meaning sad.gif, it's just an abbr of Linnea, as in Linnaea borealis, twinflower.
shanryelric
my name is a part of my username, Shanry biggrin.gif 'shan' in japanese means "beautiful woman" smile.gif
Envy's Lady
My name is Kathleen.
Miss MP
Nicolette.
Haganeno boya
my real name is : - . . .. Afonso so sometimes i call myself Alphonse Xp
NineTails
My real name is Dinh ... LOL ...I wonder how do you spell it ?
GospelOak
Mine is a typical french name, a little bit old-fashioned - but I like it anyway.

--> Brigitte
angelstar2408
My real name is Franchesca but people call me Fran....
Guh.... my name sucks! laugh.gif
FailToImpress
Kara
MeiXiTian
My name is Stephanie. smile.gif

But people usually call me Steph or Stephie. Sometimes I get called 'Stez'. XD!
Full Metal SHORTY!!!
My name is Hayley smile.gif

My friends don't usually have nicknames for me... sometimes it's Hailes...

One of my friends calls me Yuki....
Carmencita
My name is Sharon but I have a lot of nicknames... The weirdest one being “Switzy”, the one that makes the most sense (despite me being a girl and the name for a guy), “Edward”. No really. I am the shortest one out of all my friends—ALL of them. Even this one girl I don't know on facebook is taller than me! TT.TT
Edward Cardinal Elric
First Name: Matthew
Middle Name: Mark
I think that one can guess where this was headed. I am an only child, but anyone want to take a stab at what a male sibling of mine might have been named tongue.gif?
Elisabeth Hawkeye
My real name is Jane, but to tell the truth I really love name Elisabeth(uhh.. maybe I change my name in the future, if it's possible biggrin.gif) I was so glad when Riza gets her code name Elisabeth, and mybe it will be better to call her like this all the time happy.gif
Forsaken Love
My name's Shirin (pronouced Shireen) it means 'sweet' in persian, I kinda liked it, but no one ever pronouces it right no matter how many times i correct them ¬¬ so over time I've grown to dislike it XD the mis-pronciation sounds really ugly to me, i have many various nicknames, Rin is the most common, but I also quite like Shyx and Shree haha, i also get called Shrimp and Shireen the Bean on occasions cause I'm a little short hahaha
ShoOtaku
My name's Ashley biggrin.gif >.> old-fashioneddddd... lol
xMinty
My name is Audre pronounced like Audrey and my middle name is actually Love, isn't that the weirdest thing? o.0
But I love it. <3
TheRuffian
Heyo! My real name is Michael.
You can call me Mike if you want though. TheRuffian's cool too tongue.gif
Broken Chouchou
Uhh, I don't like my name. Not giving it away here. (Now I made you curious, didn't I?)
Flamez_Freak
^that most certainly . . Is not fair . .
Neurotripsy
Mine's Kayleigh (yes, I was named after "that Marillion song". Everyone asks that. XD).

It gets a bit frustrating that people always misspell it (& my surname isn't common in this country so they have to ask about that as well), but that's just about the only bad thing about it. I went through the "I hate my name" phase that 99% of kids go through, but now I really love it. =3
Steff
my name is esteffanie,.... it always gets misspelled or said wrong XD
MeiXiTian
I'm honestly not sure if I've commented here before, but if not, my real name is Stephanie. smile.gif
Raichi
Everyone always gets my name wrong sad.gif simply because TOO many people have this name and everyone has their own Pronunciation!!!

*sigh* That's why I prefer that people call me Raichi, it's still a lot like my own name, yet nobody pronounces it wrong.

Real name's Rachel. Pronounced as: Rayshell, a Japanese would spell re-i-su-ye-ru I guess xD
goodbye
Why hello, I´m Kaisa :------)
I guess my name is among the rarer ones in this topic.. It is quite the usual traditional girls' name here in Finland, but I don´t think we exist anywhere else. Or well, we do in Sweden, there are Kajsas in there (with a letter J) :'D

As a lover of the Japanese culture, I´m happy with my name, because it can easily be written and pronounced in Japanese. And it has a rare meaning on Japanese too; I once checked from a dictionary and "kaisa" means "difference" and "seafloor sand" if I remember correct :-----D Yeah, veeery sweet meanings I have.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.