Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What Is Your Greatest Fear?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Open Talk
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
Fire Alchemist
Im not really scared of failure...coz I know I have lots of chance to try again! happy.gif.
Thievesvinegar
oOo thats a big one
Carnal Malefactor
The sad fact is, you get used to failure.
Fire Alchemist
like when I had an F on my paper...I told my self that I wont get an F next time...and I got an A!
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Fire Alchemist @ Dec 15 2004, 05:36 AM)
like when I had an F on my paper...I told my self that I wont get an F next time...and I got an A!

Good for you. Fight that machine!

...wait, that's not right...
Fire Alchemist
I'm more scared of giving up on something than failing...
Lady Battousai
Blood and cockroaches...

Ewww...those brown like bettles and their icky yucky bacteria... |-P

Last year, I got injected by the nurse- I didn't even cry or wailed but after a few moments later after they covered my bu bu cotton I went back to my class and look at my cotton...and I cried at the sight of blood. My friends all look at me (thank god they are just girls)...and came by my side to comfort me...then they asked, why I am crying. So I answered them and they patted my head like a little kid.

Until now, I'm still scared of blood.

<Is really having a headache today again after purchasing her books. And suddenly out of no where told one of her bittersweet moments...actually more like salty.
GuestHole
If you're afraid of blood and organs and such, how are you going to find the cure for cancer? unsure.gif
xrninja
i find it oddly (maybe morbidly) fascinating, watching the blood when i get a papercut or scrape.
Lady Battousai
Well, GuestHole, I'm doing my best to over come my fears...and having some slight success at it...thanks to my baby cousins dry.gif for injuring themselves.
Research Alchemist
I am afraid of things i do not understand, or things i am unsure about. some of what i fear doesn't even exist for all i know, but the point is, i don't know heh. i get jumpy when i am alone, i guess i am afraid someone could be there and i wouldn't know. i usually sleep looking at the door so i could know if someone came in. and i can't stand being around windows out night that i can see the outside. umm... i guess that's also called paranoia.
Quistis88
QUOTE(xrninja @ Dec 15 2004, 12:26 AM)
i find it oddly (maybe morbidly) fascinating, watching the blood when i get a papercut or scrape.

Hey, me, too . . . huh.gif

I have this friend who is very disgusted and grossed out by bloody injuries and internal organs and the like.

And she wants to be a nurse. Heh.

As for me, that sort of stuff doesn't even make me flinch. I may frown a bit, but that's about it. Most of the time, I just go, "Hmm . . . interesting." Does that make me a morbid person? sad.gif
hitokiri
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Dec 15 2004, 02:42 AM)

I have this friend who is very disgusted and grossed out by bloody injuries and internal organs and the like.

As for me, that sort of stuff doesn't even make me flinch. I may frown a bit, but that's about it. Most of the time, I just go, "Hmm . . . interesting." Does that make me a morbid person? sad.gif

nah... it just means that you have an inquisitive nature...
xrninja
QUOTE(Research Alchemist @ Dec 15 2004, 12:40 AM)
I am afraid of things i do not understand, or things i am unsure about.  some of what i fear doesn't even exist for all i know, but the point is, i don't know heh.  i get jumpy when i am alone, i guess i am afraid someone could be there and i wouldn't know.  i usually sleep looking at the door so i could know if someone came in.  and i can't stand being around windows out night that i can see the outside.  umm... i guess that's also called paranoia.

ditto, i'm the same. i hate being by windows at night ever since i came out of the shower once and i swear i saw a face in my window blink.gif it was one of those mosaic ones so it wasn't clear, though. and i hate getting in/being in/getting out of my car at night, because i'm always afraid that someone's hiding in my backseat or something. my awesomely cool chinese teacher taught us defensive maneuvers we can do with our keychains, but they're not really defensive techniques so much as walking around your car and looking over your shoulder a lot while carrying your keys and raising your level of paranoia even more.
Quistis88
QUOTE(hitokiri @ Dec 15 2004, 12:43 AM)

Really? sad.gif Thanks for the reassurance, hitokiri. And why do people say girls are naturally more disgusted by, well, disgusting things?
xrninja
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Dec 15 2004, 12:46 AM)
QUOTE(hitokiri @ Dec 15 2004, 12:43 AM)

Really? sad.gif Thanks for the reassurance, hitokiri. And why do people say girls are naturally more disgusted by, well, disgusting things?

because more girls will squeal and go "EEEW, SPIDER/BLOOD/SEVERED TOE!" than boys will.
Quistis88
Ohh, I see. But some boys do that as well. Some of the boys I teach anyway.

I always keep my keys in battle-position, too, if I'm ever out walking alone or getting out of the car and all that.
telepika
1. Ghosts
2. Tornadoes
3. Cockroaches

Yes I do believe in ghosts. I think I live in a haunted house actually. I wouldn't be surprised anytime soon if I hear someone walking in the hallway when I know everyone is asleep. I could tell you horror stories... But I never saw a ghost, well maybe once... I saw a ball of light floating around my room... But I never saw a human figured ghost. I don't know what would happen if I did. *Looks around suspiciously* It would be very freaky to see a face suddenly pop out of the wall.

About tornadoes... I'm afraid of seeing one because I don't know what I would do if there was a tornado nearby. And Cockroaches are just icky the way they are big and twitchy and crawl fast...
Quistis88
QUOTE(telepika @ Dec 15 2004, 01:16 AM)
And Cockroaches are just icky the way they are big and twitchy and crawl fast...

...and that they can live for a week after being decapitated. biggrin.gif
Research Alchemist
Yes I do believe in ghosts. I think I live in a haunted house actually. I wouldn't be surprised anytime soon if I hear someone walking in the hallway when I know everyone is asleep. I could tell you horror stories... But I never saw a ghost, well maybe once... I saw a ball of light floating around my room... But I never saw a human figured ghost. I don't know what would happen if I did. *Looks around suspiciously* It would be very freaky to see a face suddenly pop out of the wall.

I am afraid of ghost too. it fits in that "things i don't understand or am unsure about" category. my mind always gets the best of me, especially when i am alone. i think it may have to do with an over active imagination.
hitokiri
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Dec 15 2004, 03:20 AM)
QUOTE(telepika @ Dec 15 2004, 01:16 AM)
And Cockroaches are just icky the way they are big and twitchy and crawl fast...

...and that they can live for a week after being decapitated. biggrin.gif

that's why you crush them...that and the funny crunch sound
Quistis88
Did you know that some female roaches can mate once and be pregnant for the rest of their lives? huh.gif It's quite scary . . .
telepika
I hate cockroaches. I'm too scared to crush them because you could miss then they might crawl up your leg.

I'll tell you a story (Not about ghosts. About roaches). My sister was carrying her rollerblades from the garage then she felt something crawl up her arm then go on her head. She asked me if there was something on her head and i honestly couldn't see anything. She shook her head and this enormous roach (2 in.) fell from her head then my uncle squashed it. tongue.gif
hagane_no_tokage
one of my greatest fears is being buried alive. just the very thought of it is so terrifying to me, i can't even... ugh! i see those shows on TV where magicians are bound and buried in glass coffins and then covered in cement and so on as a publicity stunt... jeez, i could never ever do something like that...

i also HATE spiders. i don't think i'm really *afraid* ofthem so much as i just HATE them... man, 8 legs and a zillion eyes is just NOT natural... but i'm afraid to squish them because i fear incurring the wrath of the arachnid gods... if i squish one spider, how do i know his spirit won't call for reinforcements??
ph34r.gif
Le Monkey
being alone, ph34r.gif but alone when no one wants to be with me at all, being regected is what i mean.

It hapens all to much sad.gif
Goha
QUOTE(Fire Alchemist @ Dec 14 2004, 09:41 PM)
You dont always die in cancer...my mom didn't die...but her friend did .:cries:.

My mom died. When I was 3.

I'm afraid to be lonley.
I'm afraid to choose wrong path in my life.
I'm afraid to be hated.
Bling_bling_Angel
Goha, we'll never be able to replace your mom, but please remember: we here at the Forum will always be a family to you... that's a promise I can make on behalf of everyone here. We'll always be here for you, through thick or thin... smile.gif
gest
le monkey
Bling_bling_Angel
blink.gif Wha~a? Who the hell-?!!!!!!!!
Sycia
Fear? Hmmm. Jellyfish. XD I can handle roaches, spiders, worms and what not, but I just can't stand jellyfish.

... not that I want to kill every one I see though. They just look too freaky for me to stand. I respect them as a fellow inhabitant of the Earth. .. but they still look >_<
Bling_bling_Angel
Has anyone here seen the movie "Sphere"? There were monster zombie jellyfish!!!!!!! 0_o;;;;;; *runs and hides*
Sycia
QUOTE(Bling_bling_Angel @ Dec 15 2004, 11:23 PM)
Has anyone here seen the movie "Sphere"? There were monster zombie jellyfish!!!!!!! 0_o;;;;;; *runs and hides*

........... uh god............. Bling Bling... you had to remind me........ x_X

I was just.... traumatized by that scene..........

*Starts convulsing*
Bling_bling_Angel
*shudders* God, I hate that flick... sorry, Scyia... It juss popped in my mind... ph34r.gif

How about that sick movie "Mimic"... *cringes*
Le Monkey
QUOTE(gest @ Dec 15 2004, 06:19 AM)
le monkey

WTF??? blink.gif
Bling_bling_Angel
dry.gif That's what I thought too...

Hey, maybe its your avatar...
Sycia
QUOTE(Bling_bling_Angel @ Dec 15 2004, 11:27 PM)
*shudders* God, I hate that flick... sorry, Scyia... It juss popped in my mind...  ph34r.gif

How about that sick movie "Mimic"... *cringes*

Oh that's okay, I thought the movie itself had a pretty nice idea in itself~

Hmmm I didn't see Mimic~
Le Monkey
whats wrong with gluttony?

He is cool, apart from the eternal eating and all that

But if it scares people ill change it.
hitokiri
what exactly is that? it looks the scene with hohenheim creating the philosopher's stone only with the color inverted.....
Sycia
o_O I don't see how the Glut-chan avatar was scary (looked cute!), but okaaaaaay
lime_chan_the_wannabe_alchemist
being alone in the world,not being able to save my friends and family from ,spiders,drowning,suicide and I can't think of the rest right now.
Le Monkey
QUOTE(hitokiri @ Dec 15 2004, 07:31 AM)
what exactly is that? it looks the scene with hohenheim creating the philosopher's stone only with the color inverted.....

no, i got it from a website called
digital blasphemy

Its called pyre, kick ass site

@Sycia: i dont know how he was scary but i dont want to hurt anyones feeelings or to scare anyone.

Im too nice some times rolleyes.gif
Kihaku
Oh, I'm pretty much scared of everything. Yup, all what has been mentioned already (not cockroaches or le monkey though tongue.gif) I guess it would be easier to list what I'm not scared of.... well that would be insects, reptiles, certain animals and people.... (in the latter two there are quite a lot which I'm scared of) tongue.gif
Oh.. I have quite a few fobias too...
I guess my biggest fear is death. I'm scared of any close persons dying and what death brings in general...
Le Monkey
QUOTE(Kihaku @ Dec 16 2004, 07:03 AM)
(not  le monkey though tongue.gif)

Yay, im not scary!!

Yay!!!
DarkWater Alchemist
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Dec 15 2004, 08:42 AM)

I hope not... I would go 'Eeeeeeuw' maybe and look away, but I am also fascinated by little drops of blood coming out of small wounds. Err..

Ontopic! Thinking of what frightens me make me a very frightenend person

- Cancer and other incurable life sucking diseases.
- Dying slowly in pain
- with that: Being stuck in a burning building and being slowly consumed by fire.
- Having an accident and ending up in coma/ fully paralyzed
- Loosing my mom, dad and sister at once
- To discover that I suffer from illusions, schizophrenia,...
- it happens : being raped and stabbed to or almost to death.
- biochemical war
- Americans (just joking tongue.gif )

I am also scared when I watch horror movies, and I hate being scared, so frankly, I'm like Harry Potter: what I fear most is fear itself.
Le Monkey
nice selection biggrin.gif rolleyes.gif
Alchemist-Mage
I'd have to say that my greatest fear is living life without love sad.gif
Chibi_Chief
My greatest fear is the pitch black darkness.Because you never know if some thing might kill you on the spot blink.gif ph34r.gif sad.gif
Shirei
My greatest fear...ok, don't laugh at me..but it is..clowns Yes, I am terrified of them. sad.gif mad.gif *stabs a random clown*
hitokiri
QUOTE(Shirei @ Dec 16 2004, 04:53 PM)
My greatest fear...ok, don't laugh at me..but it is..clowns Yes, I am terrified of them.  sad.gif  mad.gif *stabs a random clown*

just one question....how old are you?

cause i have this personal theory that alot of people that are in thier twenties now are afraid of clowns cause of seeing IT when they were kids
Quistis88
What's IT?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.