Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What Is Your Fave Old School Game Out Of These?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Game
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Slashrose1010
Sorry if this is done a lot but I was just curious. And if it is other, what game do you like that's an oldie?
Akaina
Zelda! biggrin.gif I was raised on the first Nintendo platform and played zelda. and super mario bros/ duck hunt. I remember sitting on my blanket and mashing the buttons and being sad when I fell into holes...
Slashrose1010
UH, how could I forget Zelda? Link is one of the enduring game characters. Nintendo has a way of keeping him alive. I played Soul Calibur 2 on Nintendo Game Cube with Link and he is pretty kick @$$. I really like Ryu from Street Fighter Akaduken (or whatever he says for a fireball smile.gif )
Akaina
Soul Caliber 2 rocks! I was so happy when they put Link in the GC one, his special moves are so cool =^___^=
Link is nintendo's bitch XD They just keep coming up with games for him and I love them for it. Can't wait for the new Zelda game... *waits patiently* am I obsessed? Yes.
I don't think I've eva played any of the street fighter games...
Blade42
I chose FF7, god I loved that game...I love all Final Fantasy games.
Slashrose1010
I love FF games too. My two faves that i've played were 7 and 10 (not just for graphics). I have played some of tactics and was great but I didn't play all of it cuz it's my cousins so I didn't get the whole story. FF12 isn't supposed to be a "traditional" love story game !!!! Oh my gorsh! A lot of people didn't like Seymour but I did, cuz he's so sedictively evil. I remember talking about how plentiful silver-haired men were but Sephiroth could kill them AL!!! Mwah ha ha ha ha ha!!
Quistis88
Zelda, all the way. I LOVE that game.
xrninja
super mario bros! although i remember having a lot of trouble jumping over lava.
definingmind
yeah, the lava sticks stunk in that game too. u.u Anyways, I chose FFVII simply because it was one of the revolutonary PSX RPGs...and I spent three solid weeks on it. Good graphics (for it's time), good story, good times.
Akaina
Ah, I was always a nintendo girl and never got into FF even though I wanted to >__< I've only played FFX. I'll just pester my friend who has a PS2 to buy the other FF games so I can play them ^___^
Blade42
QUOTE(Slashrose1010 @ Dec 14 2004, 05:10 PM)
I love FF games too. My two faves that i've played were 7 and 10 (not just for graphics).

Yeah, FFX and FF7 are my favorites too. I probably like Final Fantasy so much because it was my first and favorite RPG...I think... but I've liked the FF series almost my whole life.
FukusukeXAntlee
Of course I have to put FF7!The best RPG of ALL time.Great characters,story,plot,fun and more fun mini games,lots of others,challenging(oh yeah did I say fun mini games?)
I just love FF7-9 and both tactics games.I can just go on and on but I guess I should stop
Izumimon
FF7 is "old school"? tongue.gif Why not FF1?
hitokiri
its a tie between dragon warrior and contra......

and sorry guys but i severely dislike FFX and FFX-2, i just didn't give a crap about any one of the characters and the sphere grid is a dumb idea, though i do really like blitzball
Slashrose1010
I agree with you on the sphere grids Hitokiri. That thing was quite annoying, and the dress spheres or whatever in FFX-s was even worse. I liked the story in FFX though. I didn't care much for nine. Eight was alright, I like Squall, and Zell of course.
Tanuki
I love MegaMan still play it.

FFVII is great I love the game not as much as MegaMan.

I hate FFX to easy and the characters pretty much sucked especially Tidus
Foolio
doom - gore, aliens, and big guns. what more do you want?
Prinz_Zoisit
i chose "other"... and for me it would be "Sonic the Hedgehog"
Slashrose1010
QUOTE(Tanuki @ Dec 17 2004, 01:01 AM)
I hate FFX to easy and the characters pretty much sucked especially Tidus

It was easy but I thought the story was good. I liked the characters. It was soo sad when Tidus vanishes at the end. I loved the FMV when Yuna was sending people for the first time. That one was great, I wish you could save the last FMV though without beating it again. I didn't really like FF7's Ending. It showed the Lifestream or whatever saving themand all that, then they show aeris. It wasn't very dramatic, nor entertaining, great game though.
hagane_no_tokage
QUOTE(Akaina @ Dec 14 2004, 03:38 PM)
Zelda! biggrin.gif  I was raised on the first Nintendo platform and played zelda. and super mario bros/ duck hunt. I remember sitting on my blanket and mashing the buttons and being sad when I fell into holes...

absolutely! you left out zelda!

link...he come to town...come to save...the princess zelda!
Slashrose1010
Sorry. I kinda made this thing spur of the moment. i just picked out some old schools and left out some. Hey I remember playing Zelda on my OLD fashioned GameBoy. I still have the gameboy, but I lost Zelda a while back. I heard the new ones for Game Cube were good.
Blade42
I have all the gameboy systems, but I lost about half of them. dry.gif
Tsutomu Saishuu
The last Zelda game wasn't that good ,but hey even if I KNEW the game sucked I would still buy it , because who can resist the temptation of a game with the word Zelda in it?
Slashrose1010
I never bothered buying any of the handhelds. They are darned expensive (excuse my language lmao, I know that's not funny but i'm not a funny guy) and they need batteries which contunially add to the price. The DS has gained graphics, quite good graphics. It's like 150$. I'm not going to pay over 100 clams for a handheld, I'm cheap..

Tsutomu, what the hell is he doing to Roy?? And please don't tell me he is enjoying it.
Blade42
I don't even want a nintendo DS, or a PSP.
Slashrose1010
What's wrong w/ the DS, other tahn the pricee? I can see why you don't want the PSP.
Tsutomu Saishuu
Bah, by 'Last Zelda Game' I mean't the last one for gamecube. Of course most of the Zelda games are pretty decent on gameboy, and I really want that ds because everybody is like "OMG ITS GOOD", but wouldnt that extra screen thingy make it more complicated or is it just me? o_O
Blade42
I hate most nintnedo systems other than gameboys, and who the hell needs to have a second screen to manipulate your game play, or something. I'm probably the only person on this forum that feels like that.
Slashrose1010
Nah I know what you mean. And besides menu screens give you time to rest your thumbs. I don't really like Game3 either. The games aren't that graet. At least Xbox has Halo, Fable and Dead or Alive. Ps2 has so many good titles I don't feel like naming. What ever happened to good ol' side scroll games, besides Viewtiful Joe?
Cloud28
o yeah Sonic brings back old memories.. FF7 is da best!!!.although its not really old school, something more like FF3(man , it had the best graphics on the snes!!!) also Doom! the best fps ever! laugh.gif
Blade42
PS2 is such a good systems, but some b*****s think Xbox is better just cause of Halo. >< God, that annoys me. (sorry for language..a little)
Cloud28
i agree with blade on the ps2..man it has so many games!(alot of anime games too) laugh.gif
Tsutomu Saishuu
QUOTE(Blade42 @ Dec 17 2004, 07:52 PM)
PS2 is such a good systems, but some b*****s think Xbox is better just cause of Halo. >< God, that annoys me. (sorry for language..a little)

Omg! Yes! People obess WAY too much over Halo. That also truely annoys the crap out of me too.
Blade42
They obsess over ONE gamefor Xbox , while the PS2 has about ... just, a lot of games that are super good. And like Cloud said, Ps2's got some anime games too.
Cloud28
laugh.gif halo isn't that great either...(maybe its just i suked at it, me and 2 of my friends tried to play halo on legendary, and it took us 4 hours to get pass level 1...the bridge level) dry.gif
Tsutomu Saishuu
I keep telling my friends , who are obessed with Halo, that the ps2 owns the crap out of Xbox because ti has MANy good games , but they will just go " Nah, Xbox is better because it has Halo AND Fable." ::Sighs:: If Xbox didn't have Halo they would go to crap , so I'll just wait till that day comes when everybody gets tired of Halo.
Slashrose1010
Yea. I got both a PS2 and an Xbox and I definitely think the PS2 is better> it has more games, graet graphics and tons of RPGs. And yes people do obsess over Halo. It wasn't that graet, San Andreas kicked its ass. I have these losers that constantly talk about Halo on my bus. They're like, did you get up to the part when Zorgan stabbed the Master Chief with the Galooka blade. That was awesome.
Cloud28
i don't think i am even that far...i still hasn't beat that cargo ship level yet... dry.gif and it has been 2 years...
Blade42
Grand Theft Auto was meant to kick most games asses. Halo might be good, but it's worhtless as crap as long as GTA exists in this world.
Who the hell named that blade, the "Galooka Blade"?????
Cloud28
GTA games are just too awesome, since u can do all the stuff u can't do in real life...muahahah, i love stealing cars! lol laugh.gif
Tsutomu Saishuu
Yeah, it has everything you would want , even jet packs , AND the freedom to do anything with those jet packs and no game can beat that. (Yeah, I love that jet pack a lot. >.>)
Slashrose1010
Yeah, San Andreas and Vice City will remain classics I think.(I mean future classics) They will be remembered like Zelda and Sonic because tehy were the first games really where you were able to stray away from missions and do your own thing.
Blade42
Since I'm too poor to buy any of the new GTA games, I play GTA3, the only one I've got(sadness..) and my save file has soooo many rhino Tanks all around the city, it looks liek a military base.
Cloud28
they should make a GTA online game, like what they did to matrix online..that would be so much chaos... laugh.gif
Blade42
omg... I can imagine that...Oh, once, my friend had a Rhino Tank, and hit a police car. The police went flying into the air, and landed on a civilian walking down the road. Then the tank came down the hill, and ran both of them over again.
Slashrose1010
I've only played VC and San An. But 3 seems promising. You can get VC for cheap now, I think it is a graetest hit, Blade. And if you get enough money or as a Christmas gift to get San An, I can almost garuntee you will get stuck on a certain mission. I won't spoil it for you tongue.gif it's an awesome game, totally worth all the time it takes to beat it.
Tsutomu Saishuu
In San Andreas there is an ACTUAL Military base , also the tank looks MUCH better and more like a tank but isn't as indestructable as the previous ones.
Slashrose1010
Ugh, I HATE the Rhino in San An. It doesn't follow the camera veiw correctly and it just gets on my nerves. I like the jet pack too, just got it today. The Truth is a funny guy.
Blade42
Yeah, I know. I've rented it, just haven't bought it. I can't rent it anymore, people are keeping it for more than they're supposed to.
Tsutomu Saishuu
Yeah, that sucks when that happens , or when people just decide to "borrow" it for the rest of their life.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.