Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chapter 43 "Regular" Discussion Thread For First Time Readers (and Others)
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Manga
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Darklink
First time FMA manga readers, please post your thoughts and discussions on chapter 43 here. smile.gif

For info about the "Reading Reference", go to page 10.

==================

When can i get episode 43 for the manga?

<Last updated by Michiyo- on Mar. 27, 2011>
RolfKaese
in 4 weeks.
wink.gif
Aileon
january 12th i think... can't wait T_T;;;
alpha
Say chapter not episode. blink.gif

I can't wait...
Senefen
I'll be in Europe then! ^^v *does a little dance* Paris I think.

The last chapter wasnt that satisfying. I dont like how Ho-papa left after one chapter and not reverlations.
Queen of the dammed
There WAS one...... the thing that Ed and Al made might not have been their mom... and LING IS A PRINCE!!!!!!!! laugh.gif
blueices
That would be really horrible,,,if what they made wasn't even their "mom" :::shudders::::
Queen of the dammed
I bet that Ed won't tell Al about this.... blink.gif
Chibi Viki
my predictions for later chapters:

Spoiler: (Click here to Display)
Hedera
Chibi Viki
You know.... I thought about it just now - I find, that Lust's face had something similar with Trisha's face (I don't mean the expression)! blink.gif Maaan, am I insane? huh.gif
Ailuro
I really like that theory. Almost everyone wins in some form or another.
blueices
So far I really like that Hohenheim is a much darker character in the manga. The scene were he re-interprets why Ed and Al burned down their house was quite good. Before I just thought that it was a dramatic way to show their determination to fix things

I had never thought of it Hohenheim's way: that they're like scared kids who are simply trying to run away from that painful mistake.

Can't wait for the next vol.!
Queen of the dammed
Hoe is kinda scary... BUT I WANNA SEE MORE OF HIM!!!!!!!!!!!
Virtue
Predictions on a next Lust...

Hedera
Virtue
Veeery interesting point. wink.gif Especially the idea of Greed in Al's form! rolleyes.gif
lialiakicks
Ah... Virtue, you'e making weird ideas pop into my poor little head... ;_; NOOO!!!!

*shivers* ;___;
Senefen
Especially the idea of Greed in Al's form
I dont think Al could be greed, he's the most unselfish, ungreedy (is that a word?) in the series. Maybe one of the other sins, but not greed. Also despite being "the bastard" Hoe seems to really care about his kids. Ok he's a jackass but hes still their father. I dont think he's gonna use Al's body, his wife maybe but not Al.
Ninie
QUOTE(Senefen @ Dec 20 2004, 11:19 PM)
Especially the idea of Greed in Al's form
I dont think Al could be greed, he's the most unselfish, ungreedy (is that a word?) in the series.

Maybe it's even more of a reason for him to be Greed.

But I don't want it >.<
_alchemist
wait, i dont get it. what's all this 'getting lust back, getting greed back, switching bodies, re-using bodies' that you guys are talking about. am i missing out on something? i mean, i've read all of the chapters for the manga, but i'm totally lost as to what you guys are talking about. i mean, i know that lust and greed died but why would hohenheim want to recreate a homonculus? AH! i'm confused. someone help me out, or even better, clear this out for me.
Kasumi
Well, with Greed and Lust dead, Father lost 2 people to work for him. If Father created another Lust and Greed, then he'd have another 2 homonculus to help him (to make Ed and Al's life even worse. tongue.gif).
_alchemist
so is hohenheim supposed to be working for father? AH, maybe i should reread the manga to get a better picture.
No... there's no proof that hohenheim's working for the father. Just that some ppl liek to present their ideas as facts.

The only thing that ever can link the father and hohenheim is that their chins and ceards are alike (and we know how arakawa likes to trick ppl, now right?). Oh, they're "fathers" too dry.gif

So far, there's no real proof saying hohenheim=the father. Just a lot of speculation.
Kasumi
As Guest said, this is all just speculation. Hohenheim could be the Father, or they could be totally unrelated. tongue.gif
lialiakicks
Ya wanna bet that...

But then again, I could be wrong... O_O
Kasumi
Why not bet that...

Although, as likely as it seems, it seems unlikely. <--Does that make sense? O_o
Hedera
It may seem strange... but from the moment when I saw Farther, I was absolutely sure, that he was Hohenheim. blink.gif Maybe, I'm too naive about it?.. huh.gif

Senefen
I just admitted that it's a nice point - making another Greed like Al (in form of Al)... But I also think that Al is not greedy at all. rolleyes.gif It's just an interesting possibility.
Hikari no Hohenheim
Father and Hohenheim's beard looks a lot like Cravis Faggot's one (CF from Omoide no Sonata, the second GBA game).
Maybe father and Hoe are completly unrelated and hacve nothing in common other than they are in the same manga, Arakawa-sensei may just be screwing with us squirm....
Though I think thats unlikely ^^, just wanted to add the possibility
Queen of the dammed
Hoe is the Clone of father!!!!!!!! XDDDDDDDd (okay... I know this is kinda wierd...) If Al couldbe Greed, then why not Hughes??
I think it's more likely for Hughes to be greed than Al. It will hurt Roy's feelings. happy.gif
Hikari no Hohenheim
My bet (5 bucks): Hohenheim IS the Father.
Riykon
I agree with everyone else with the Father = Hoenheim idea...

But if that is what everyone expects, I suppose that Arakawa-sensei will come up with a way to shock us all..

A complete set of clones, maybe..? o.o!!!
Lil
Hmm.......

SweetJanie
I must certain he's the Father.

Ooh, btw, loved that scene where Winry said
So cute!!!!! happy.gif
Hikari no Hohenheim
Rockbell's dog: Den
Pfisiar
I don't see how Hohenhiem COULD be father in a literal sense.

DarkWater Alchemist
Maybe he just REALLY loved Trisha (which was the case in the anime).

I guess father=Hohenheim... or wait! It's Darth Vader without a mask *gasps*

I hope to read this chapter before every site removes it because of the license. sleep.gif
blueices
I must agree w/ sweetjainie....too many similarities...

plus:: I figure showing that same beard was a clue too.
Nips
I was playing around with a thought for a while...

ashtrale
But you know, when Hoenheim was asking whether the thing that Ed and Al brought to life was really Trisha, his eyes were shifting towards where Ed was. He also did watch the dog (sorry, name escapes me) go into the place where Ed was listening.. So I suppose, perhaps Hoenheim was making Ed worry to throw him off track, off guard, etc...?

I agree with you,Riykon. It really scares me the way his eyes shifts. I really think that Hohenheim = Father. They showed Father's jaw, and it looked just like Hohenheim's. Together with that 2 strands of hair..
blueices
43 will be in our clutches soon!

Compared to the anime, I wonder just how evil Hohenheim will be in the manga. (more evil the better: I want to see a battle royale. Ed vs Pops)
SweetJanie
Hmm...Ed and Dad are so alike...Even Hohenheim says so... A battle between them would be like...Wow, too good to imagine!! laugh.gif *wants to see Ed kicking daddy's @$$*
Haste
Where can I see the manga's other then 43? the online manga doesn't have up to chapter 43, only up to 34 sad.gif
dragonflame327
www.anime-source.com

I agree with everything said about the father= HnH.

The chances that Hohenhiem isn't father are very slim. They look just alike, and we never see anything about Hohenhiem's body aside his face and hands.

On the subject of the new Homunculus... Sloth is quite alive, in a mine, and that leaves Lust and Greed. I'd say Trisha and Al respectively. "It's the only picture that has all four of us in it." C'mon. Yeah, he could be taking it for memory, but if Hohenhiem really is father, I bet he'll use it to create them as Homunculus. Not to mention, it'd be good for father if he used Al since Al's body was used in the transmutation, and there would be no way to destroy him. I like the idea of Hughes as Greed though. That'd be an interesting way to bring him back. And to the person who said Al shouldn't be used because he wasn't greedy...Sloth didn't act the way Trisha did. I like the idea of both of them as Greed!

It disappoints me that Wrath from the anime hasn't showed in the manga yet. And maybe Pride is Dante. The true Dante. She had Hohenhiem re-create her body or something. That'd be interesting.

Hohenhiem better freaking fight with someone for at least oen manga. I wanna see some light alchemy dammit! Not just the cool Al!golems and the spikes. Guess we'll just have to wait and theorize some more.
TheOneBlueGecko
I think that Hohenheim is the father. The chin and beard are the exact same, he has not aged (Pinako said so) and he cannot eat.

Also I believe that we saw that the father was going a way for a bit right before he met Ed.

Someone (edit: Pfisiar) said that he cannot be the father since Envy is over 100 years old and because Hohemheim married and had kids.
But

Also I do not think that Hohemheim would make more homunculus. As we have seen when you make homunculus you lose part of yourself. I think the instead he or the sins might encourage others to make homunculuses.
Haste
aww anime source is down...damn. Sorry just interupting
Asa
Whoa! Those are some interesting ideas you guys got there.

Hm, the whole Hohenheim speculation is exactly what I'm getting from the manga. My God, he's really dark here while he's not so much in the anime.

I'm not commenting on the Homunculuses being that I'm confused.^^U

Well I hope anime-source gets back up and I can't wait until chapter 43 is up!!!

~*Asa
Queen of the dammed
I can imagine the classic starwasr scene replayed in my head now.... O.o;
jewbagel
Arakawa IS a Star Wars fan after all laugh.gif
blueices
Blue imagines the classic star wars scene...FMA style...

"Darth Vader" : Ed...
Ed [In Luke Skywaker garb]: Ah, no, not you again! dry.gif Can't you see I'm busy!
"Darth Vader": [takes off mask and reveals himself to be Hohenheim]
But, Ed, I am your father! I thought we cold have a quiet talk over at the 3000 level starbucks....
Ed: I'd rather jump into this bottomless pit than admit you're my father! How dare you tempt me with frappuchino!
Hohenheim: Your hair even,..it's similar to mine now
Ed: Ahhh!!!!!! How dare you! [Ed Lets go of rail to quickly braid hair...nearly falls into giant hole]
Ahhh!!!! Go away already!
Hohenheim: :::sniffs::: Ed I just want to know you better...My, you've even grown a bit...

Ed: ^$&$$#%#^**&%&$^%$#%#$#^!!!!!!!!!! [Atomic blast ensues]Who are you calling so small that even Yoda misstook him for small and comfy seat!!!!!!!!

[In his angry charge, Ed tripped over and fell into that giant hole biggrin.gif ]
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.