Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Roy X Who? (besides Roy X Riza)
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > FMA Character Discussions
Pages: 1, 2, 3
hakai-kun
I left out RoyxRiza because I know they'd win by default and it almost seems unfair to the others. XD Sorry to the RoyxRiza fans. I like that pairing too, but I want to find out how other pairing would fair. smile.gif
sasuki_604
Good job for leaving out RoyxRiza....haha that couple is a sure winner.
Anyway voted for RoyxHughesxRoy hmm.....just gotta love that couple! biggrin.gif
hagane_no_tokage
well, since i totally can't see roy in a homosexual light (not that there is anything WRONG with homosexuality...roy just doens't strike me as a gay man... case-in-point... 'MINISUKAATO!!!'), i voted royxwinry... meh, i can't see it happening, but it seemed more believable to me than lust or sheska, since he did flirt with winry...

i can see roy maybe *pretending* to be gay with hughes or havok (a la greenwood's mitsuru and shinobu, or furuba's shigure and aya) just to freak the rest of them out...but i can't see anything serious coming of it.
xrninja
royxwinryxroy, because tokage and i think on the same brainwave, apparently wink.gif
hagane_no_tokage
yay! biggrin.gif it's good to have brainwave friends. happy.gif
Queen of the dammed
I roy didn't have Riza them he would be dating all the women above.....
Nemu
I vote for Roy x Indy (my OC) because I was originally not even going to do anything with her... but my friends got all WILD about this couple...

so I'm voting in their name. X_x;

and because the other couples scare me, and I don't think he could do anything with Hawkeye. They'd get stuck...
Kihaku
Hah, another great poll hakai-kun! Good idea to leave Riza out..I would have voted for that choice... but since it wasn't there.. I voted vor RoyxHughesxRoy (of course RoyxHughes tongue.gif ) well.. because after Riza he is the closest person to him and they do have a deep relationship biggrin.gif yup, I could see them together.. of course before Riza and Gracia came along tongue.gif
Argh.. where's Kase? I want her to vote here too!
What Roy&Hughes is leading? Yay! biggrin.gif Even though it's probably just temporary...
RoyxRiza BigFan
ha ha ha ha roy and lust is very possible after the catfight in the manga >W<
Kihaku
Oh yes! I didn't even think of that! When I read that part( cat fight? tongue.gif ) in the manga I figured there was something tongue.gif on Lust's side anyway(well she's Lust after all tongue.gif ).
Nemu
Lol. XD; I'm starting to think of Roy x Liza as cheesy... how scary is that?!
Kihaku
Very. tongue.gif maybe you've been too overwhelmed by the fandom?
In my opinion it's anything but cheesy, but I guess it can get annoying if you read too many fanfics(just my guessing though).
Nemu
It's just everything I see. Roy x Liza.

I like Roy the way he is mostly - you know, hunting for women instead of settling down with someone... but I may have been influenced by what a friend said.

"I can see him go with Hawkeye for a while, but he'd get bored with her after that and find someone else."
Aileon
QUOTE(Nemu @ Dec 14 2004, 02:16 PM)
"I can see him go with Hawkeye for a while, but he'd get bored with her after that and find someone else."

Totally agree ^^;;;

Don't misunderstand me, Roy/Riza fans, surely Roy loves Riza so much, but... he also loves women so much X_x Miniskirts, remember! XD

I luv HughesxRoy too ^^ But I can only think on this relationship as Roy being uke XDDDDD LOL Too many doujinshis, i think sleep.gif;;;
dragonflame327
I voted RoyxHughes. I can see Roy taking some frustration out on Havoc. XD Hughes Scieska is possible, but he's married so it's kinda not. Lol. RoyxWinry is doable and Roy doesn't stirke me as a gay man either, but RoyxHughes is a possiblity and I felt like going with a yaoi couple for this poll.
Kihaku
Yeah, yeah... Roy loves women, but I still think that with Riza there will be an exception to his ways.. and he is a loyal person after all biggrin.gif .
Aileon: Argh... remember that Hughes was supposed to work under Roy tongue.gif
dragonflame:Good for you! I agree! biggrin.gif
Nemu
Well, I'd hope for her it lasts.

I dunno, they've just been working towards it so nicely for the entire series that when they get together it's like... you know, you've been hoping for something for a while and you finally get it and it gets less interesting?

... I HAVE seen too much of it. =3 I still don't mind, though.
Kihaku
Yay! I hope for the both of them! biggrin.gif

It's true kind of.. when you finally get something it isn't as nice as you've expected... and then finally you get bored with it... with me though.. I just loved it and it was just how I wanted it! (and I'm not bored yet tongue.gif )
Nemu
That's the whole problem! *flail* Hawkeye's not reacting the way I'd have liked her to.

Spoiler-filled rant ahead! XD; For the ones that haven't seen anything but the dub that is.

Spoiler: (Click here to Display)
Kihaku
Hmm... actually I don't really tongue.gif .
Nemu
Shirei
I think...it should be....

thats what I think it should be. laugh.gif laugh.gif wub.gif
Queen of the dammed
Good one!!!! But RoyxRizaxRoy is still more in my agenda......
Nemu
ROYxINDY! ><; BECAUSE IT IS CUTE.

BEHOLD ITS CUTENESS. XD

IPB Image

I did not draw this, but I created the girl that's scolding him. She's being abused by my friends to pair with Roy. Oo;
Queen of the dammed
I can't see the piccy!!!! TTTTOTTTT
Nemu
It does that sometimes... Let me get you the link:

http://www.deviantart.com/view/12088672/

I love my friend Cofie. XD She's such a good artist!
Kihaku
Sure. I get your point biggrin.gif

Oh cute pic biggrin.gif
Much as I like Roy.... he's too old for me anyway tongue.gif and he's perfect with Riza!
oh wow, people have been voting "other" but haven't sepecified? or have they?
Queen of the dammed
Nemu!!!!!!!!! You're friend IS A GENIUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LUV THAT PICCY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'd like to see how Riza reacts to him flirting with Indy though......
-+maboroshi+-
QUOTE(hagane_no_tokage @ Dec 14 2004, 05:41 AM)
well, since i totally can't see roy in a homosexual light (not that there is anything WRONG with homosexuality...roy just doens't strike me as a gay man...  case-in-point...  'MINISUKAATO!!!'), i voted royxwinry...  meh, i can't see it happening, but it seemed more believable to me than lust or sheska, since he did flirt with winry...

I agree. smile.gif
Queen of the dammed
Makes sense, Roy is the Straightest guy I have ever seen....
badge fallen
roy* hughes...that's my choice and we CAN find something abt th@ in da last few episodes, roy went ter kill king bradley, only ter revenge fer hughes, with no thoughts fer his dream of being da king instead... so i reckon hes got somewhat deep feeling abt hughes...and besides, hughes is cooool an' cute, he can make up fer da part which roylacks of...
Kihaku
QUOTE(Queen of the dammed @ Dec 18 2004, 09:09 PM)
Makes sense, Roy is the Straightest guy I have ever seen....

Yeah, exactly! But... I'd see him with Hughes rather than Winry... he might flirt with her(like with all the women/girls duh) but it's nothing compared to the deep relationship he has with Hughes.
And guys who seem really straight are usually bi tongue.gif . No, what I mean is that they have to get tired of women some time.. No, I mean that even the straightest guys have a weak spot . tongue.gif
I lost myself....

badge fallen: oh yes, that's right! biggrin.gif
Nemu
QUOTE(Queen of the dammed @ Dec 18 2004, 07:00 PM)
Nemu!!!!!!!!! You're friend IS A GENIUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LUV THAT PICCY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'd like to see how Riza reacts to him flirting with Indy though......

I suppose Liza would shoot Indy.

Not that she'd get far... unless she REALLY managed to surprise her.

... OMG I would wanna see Roy's face at his subordinates shooting and icing each other. XD
Queen of the dammed
Is Indy an alchemist?
Nemu
Nah, she got witty all by herself. =P

Yes, she is an alchemist, Hyoushou no Renkinjutsushi (Hyoushou = Ice Crystal).
I have the whole theory and made her an alchemy thing, and sure, the gloves thing is a ripoff, but how else would you try and hold dry ice? NOT with your bare hands!
Ed's_Girl
Roy and Riza. ha no question..
Omakase Shimasu
QUOTE(Kihaku @ Dec 14 2004, 02:01 PM)
Argh.. where's Kase? I want her to vote here too!

Your wish is my command. tongue.gif Wonder why you'd want me to vote here, though. You know I'd chose RoyxEd... (really has to think on this one) And your pairing's still leading, I wouldn't wanna bet on this one not being temporary unless I'm a sucker for losing. biggrin.gif;;
Nemu
I'm not a yaoi hater or anything... I just don't take much interest in it... but... just one question for the RoyEd fans.

How the HELL can you even IMAGINE (with your possibly odd and sick fangirl brains? =P) that a super straight guy like Roy would go with an even straighter guy like Ed. Other than that, Ed hates Roy's guts while he really doesn't have to, so even if Roy would take a liking to Ed in that way, Ed would pound his head to a bloody pulp if he got the chance.

I believe that RoyEd fans are a particular fan of either of these guys (they like one more than the other... mostly Ed), and would hate to see them with a woman, because that's so likely to happen.

Therefore, subconsciously, their brain thinks up a new pairing, one that might possibly be cute, and pretty much impossible, so that they're sure they'll never end up in that far more likely pairing instead.

It's a way of securing their character love, or something.
Kihaku
Kase: Thank you! *bows* Thanks to you the RoyxEdxRoy pairing is ried with Roy&Winry....
And yeah... of course I want you to vote! More votes for the shonen-ai pairings! (That "other" is still bothering me). And I'm pretty hyped about Roy&Hughes being in the lead! Maybe that "other won't count because it has many pairings?
Urm.. anyway... Roy super straight? Now how do you define that? Even the guys who seem the most women crazy can be deep down different and there is that weak spot! tongue.gif (see previous post). I actually also considered Roy to be one of the starightest guys ever, but that was because my brother kept on talking about him being gay. And he has a gay radar. Really! So.. I must trust him.... although his image could be also because he doesn't like Roy....
urm, but anyway... I understand that part with securing the character love. So much easier to think that the guy you love/like could be paired with another guy... Then it's not about you .
Although with RoyxEd.... I suppose it's the fact that their relationship is very intriguing and fans like to let their imagination wild. That's how it is for me anyway tongue.gif Somewhat.
Ailuro
QUOTE(hagane_no_tokage @ Dec 13 2004, 09:41 PM)
i voted royxwinry...  meh, i can't see it happening, but it seemed more believable to me than lust or sheska, since he did flirt with winry...

Yeah, sorry about this being very late, but when did he flirt with Winry? Did I miss that? x_x
Nemu
But really, the thing that gives Roy away as a completely straight person is that he doesn't understand a THING about women. All he can do is run a hand through his hair and they'll go sparkly-eyed.

Gay people usually understand women. And I doubt Roy could bring himself to flirting with women that much if he were actually gay. He's the one to pursue his goals no matter if they're a little "controversial". XD;

Roy so isn't gay.

And besides, RoyEd is disgusting! XD;
Kihaku
In the manga... can't remember the chapter... after Roy's transfer to the central and when Al and Ed were shocked(okay Ed was) to see him appear there. Winry hadn't seen Riza and Roy since the time they payed a visit to their house. She chatted happily with Riza, but when Roy saw her he immediately started flirting with her tongue.gif he didn't even remember who she was at first tongue.gif
But that's just Roy being Roy... no way he'd consider being with Winry tongue.gif (besides to torment Ed).
Nemu
Imagine that, Roy going with Winry to torment Ed. I think he'd get Al more than Ed, somehow.

Winry would WRENCH him, though. XD
Kihaku
Winry would wrench Roy? Somewhow I don't see that happening? No woman hits Roy! Oh well tongue.gif if Roy wouldn't go out with Winry to torment Ed... then I don't see any point in it tongue.gif
Nemu
No woman hits Roy? That's because he hypnotizes them or something. Hawkeye would SO hit (or even try to shoot) Roy if he went just one bit too far. But he knows how far he can go, no doubt.
Kihaku
Well as a Roy-fangirl I'm against all women hitting Roy! *fist in the air*
Actually... Riza has never even shown signs about even wanting to hit Roy. At least I can't remember. Yes, Roy hypnotizes all women. *nodds*
Nemu
Just cause you love someone to death doesn't mean you can't hit them. XD

I'm a violent girl, though. I'd smack him on the shoulder all the time. =3
Kihaku
Oh yes, how true. biggrin.gif But I meant in a sort of... "Winry way"
yeah, I'm pretty violent too, but I blame it on my temper tongue.gif
Although I manage to control it by "not hitting with all my might"
but I wouldn't "hit" Roy.. no, never (on purpose anyway tongue.gif )
Omakase Shimasu
Waaah, RoyxEd needs more votes... Oh, which remind. Whatever happened to the Ed x poll? Have to see if Russell came out on top. X3 Fat chance of that happening, but yeah...

I always love it when my favorite character get tormented (physically and/or mentally). Guess I love my bishie!angst. biggrin.gif
Kihaku
Russell should have come out on top. But so far it seemed that we were the only ones to vote for that option tongue.gif .
Curse that Winry tongue.gif
heh... with me is that I love my fav doing the tormenting.... I see myself through his eyes... wait, that can't be it. Oh, but anyway... there are only a few exceptions... tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.