Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What Is Your Current Food Addiction?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Spam Central
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42
hitokiri
so what foods are you currently addicted to / enjoy munching on the most?

currently i'm addicted to cajun gumbo and tako nigiri. mmmm.....taste the tentaclely goodness....
Blade42
Pizza, I can't think of another food right now....
Cloud28
me too, pizza is so addictive....its like a drug...
l|Kouga|l-Youkai
uh browns fri chicken O_o that place has some good chicken O_o, and dominoes ^^
alchemist_master
Papa John's pizza, man, they're the best! the chinese buffet has some good food too,mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Animeluva13
BROWINES!!!!!!!!!!!!(gormet brownies i got for Chritmas (couldnt wait) laugh.gif (not that they know wink.gif )
Chain Alchemist
ramen noodles. Which is surprising, seeing how they usually have no meat in them...
Quistis88
I've been addicted to chocolate forever, but lately, I really like chocolate chip cookies. Not just any kind though. They have to be chewy. Chewy is good.

Oh, and Special K cereal. I don't care what sort of stereotypes come with eating Special K, because it's GOOD.
hitokiri
QUOTE(Chain Alchemist @ Dec 12 2004, 12:55 AM)
ramen noodles. Which is surprising, seeing how they usually have no meat in them...

just a question is that asian made ramen?

cause i like that stuff, but the ones made by non-asians are nasty in my opinion...
Animeluva13
im also addicted to 2 more things...they are chocol8 icecream and (wot uve been talking ABOUT)Ramen noodles(non-asian) (chicken flavor can only ave 2 at 1 time or else doesnt taste right)
xrninja
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Dec 11 2004, 06:30 PM)
Oh, and Special K cereal.  I don't care what sort of stereotypes come with eating Special K, because it's GOOD.

special K! i love the kind with those sliced dried strawberries that practically everyone else thinks is nasty. honey bunches of oats with strawberries is even better. anyway, i really like anything with negi-toro....i get a box of negi-toro rolls or maguro chiraishi every saturday afternoon for lunch, and it's cheaper than tekka-maki because negi-toro is just the bits of sashimi left over on the fish, scraped up and combined with some sliced green onions. and yaki onigiri is so good, i don't know what i'm going to do next year without my yaki onigiri. and my kimchi beef instant ramen, i'll be taking a ton of that with me. and i go to saratoga bagels and i always get the avacado turkey salad sandwich on an asiago bagel with no lettuce, and when i pull into the parking lot the lady already knows that's what i want and she makes it without me even asking tongue.gif ooh, and momo jelly, these half-cups of white peach jello with either slices or half a white peach inside. the ones from 7-11 in tokyo were really good....

@ hitokiri: most asian food made my non-asians are nasty, except for the non-asian chefs at really good asian restaurants. but like, the california rolls sold at safeway, i don't even call those sushi; they're just sad american imitations. and stuff like mr. chaus looks positively nasty. it's interesting how in chinese restaurants the chinese menus will have different things than the english menus =P which is a little counterproductive for the ABCs like me (american-born chinese) because i can't read a whole lot on the chinese menus and yet i don't want to get the "yang yung foo foo chop suey" crap on the english menu.
hitokiri
QUOTE(xrninja @ Dec 12 2004, 01:56 AM)
@ hitokiri: most asian food made my non-asians are nasty, except for the non-asian chefs at really good asian restaurants. but like, the california rolls sold at safeway, i don't even call those sushi; they're just sad american imitations. and stuff like mr. chaus looks positively nasty. it's interesting how in chinese restaurants the chinese menus will have different things than the english menus =P which is a little counterproductive for the ABCs like me (american-born chinese) because i can't read a whole lot on the chinese menus and yet i don't want to get the "yang yung foo foo chop suey" crap on the english menu.

amen.... but what exactly is a mr. chau's? is that like a regional take out place? personally if you can speak perfect english i don't want to get any kinda of asian food from you.....
xrninja
oh yeah, i think it's just in the bay area in california. it's basically just americanized chinese fast food, like a lower-grade panda express. i'm not even sure what "chinese fast food" is.
Cloud28
chinese fast food is fried rice and fried noodles... i think laugh.gif
xrninja
....add eggrolls, fortune cookies, and sweet and sour <insert meat> to that list and that would be the typical american idea of chinese food. pathetic, isn't it.
Cloud28
yep , laugh.gif so..if thats chinese fast food, whats japenese fast food?
hitokiri
yeah that stuff is pretty bad, but from a business point of view its a solid idea. most white people wouldn't touch the stuff we eat if presented to them, until they tried it once that is. like my prefered chinese dish of all time is pig's stomach with sour vegetable (i have no idea what swan tsai is translated to in english so i just went with the literal translation), and i doubt americans would even dare to try it once. maybe african american southerns cause they eat organ meats as well but other that i doubt it.

traditional japanese fast food would be udon or other forms of noodles, but i can't think of any western equivalents.
Quistis88
It's hilarious how different westernized Chinese food is and how popular it's become. Why, some people even think it's REAL Chinese food! ohmy.gif Imagine that!

My family owns a Chinese/Western cuisine restaurant. Most of the stuff we serve is a little westernized, but that's because people seem to like it so much and it's good for business. People who have eaten at our restaurant always tell me how lucky I am that I get to eat that stuff everyday. And then they don't believe me when I tell them that the Chinese food I eat at home is VERY different (not to mention that whenever I eat at the family restaurant, I almost ALWAYS order something that's not Chinese).

"But Chinese food is Chinese food, isn't it?" they say. HAH! That's what they think. They've never eaten toads and pidgeons.
hitokiri
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Dec 12 2004, 02:28 AM)
It's hilarious how different westernized Chinese food is and how popular it's become.  Why, some people even think it's REAL Chinese food!  ohmy.gif  Imagine that!

My family owns a Chinese/Western cuisine restaurant.  Most of the stuff we serve is a little westernized, but that's because people seem to like it so much and it's good for business.  People who have eaten at our restaurant always tell me how lucky I am that I get to eat that stuff everyday.  And then they don't believe me when I tell them that the Chinese food I eat at home is VERY different (not to mention that whenever I eat at the family restaurant, I almost ALWAYS order something that's not Chinese).

"But Chinese food is Chinese food, isn't it?" they say.  HAH!  That's what they think.  They've never eaten toads and pidgeons.

agreed... my mom also has a restaurant but we only serve the chinese community, our menus are only in chinese, no forks, and soup is at the end of the meal.... man is it funny as hell to see americans almost explode because they over-ate and didn't leave room for soup at the end....
xrninja
QUOTE(Cloud28 @ Dec 11 2004, 07:19 PM)
yep , laugh.gif so..if thats chinese fast food, whats japenese fast food?

fast food is an american concept. in other parts of the world, people like to sit down and eat their meals slowly. i guess bentou in japanese market would be the closest thing, but those take awhile to make and you still have to go home and heat them. even the food stands in japan, rolled in at night for the businessmen, have seats for them to sit down and eat, and the food at the stands takes a long time to make. like at an oden stand, all the things in the oden take all day to stew.

@ hitokiri: suan cai is so good! i like suan bai cai, my grandpa used to make his own in the past and ferment in in pots in the garage, but then my grandma found out and chewed him out rolleyes.gif from all the slight rearrangments in the garage, though, i think he's attempting it again. my sister and i love our homemade suan bai cai jiao zi biggrin.gif

@ quisty: i think i've had pigeon but my grandpa clued me in before i almost ate frog leg in taiwan. i'm still a little wary of tripe and pig's ear, even though i hear it's quite good.
Cloud28
yeah, here in north america, u can't really get to taste the 100% chinese food...its all mixed up...laugh.gif
hitokiri
QUOTE(Cloud28 @ Dec 12 2004, 02:45 AM)
yeah, here in north america, u can't really get to taste the 100% chinese food...its all mixed up...laugh.gif

not quite true there are plenty of chinese restaurants out there that cater to the chinese community only, you just have to find em.....
Cloud28
yeah i seen ones in China Town in Toronto..but their not very clean..
GuestHole
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Dec 11 2004, 07:28 PM)
"But Chinese food is Chinese food, isn't it?" they say.  HAH!  That's what they think.  They've never eaten toads and pidgeons.

Or goat, snake, dog, rat (mouse?), bat, etc.

I used to have fried frog/toad regularly in Singapore when I was in first grade. Then I realized what it was.

I've been addicted to Tabasco and Maggie Soysauce.
Quistis88
I fixed your double post, GuestHole. wink.gif

I've had snake bile before. Not fun, and definitely NOT something you'd get addicted to . . . I've had pig's tongue though. I admit those are actually more than all right.
Cloud28
pig's tongue..how does it taste though?
Quistis88
Hard to describe. It's just . . . good. But then again, taste is relative. I taste a little sweetness in pig's tongue, actually, but then it could just be the way my mother cooks it.
Carnal Malefactor
I had cow tongue for dinner today. Nummy. smile.gif
hitokiri
just found a slice of sweet potato pie in the fridge, forgot how much i love this stuff.....so i'm gonna add it to my food addiction list
Ninie
Ah... you guys are making me hungry...
Fire Alchemist
hmm...let's see...PIZZA!!! (pepperoni)...and umm...more pizza... laugh.gif
Riza Babe
pocky
Kihaku
What's pocky?
Hmm.. but anyway...I'm probably addicted to food in general. It used to be hamburgers..pizza that stuff, which I don't eat anymore(unless it's vegetarian).
Hm.. chocolate, sweets and bread.. I can't stop eating those until I get sick.. half a kilo of sweets isn't even enough tongue.gif
Prinz_Zoisit
QUOTE(Fire Alchemist @ Dec 12 2004, 08:15 AM)
hmm...let's see...PIZZA!!! (pepperoni)...and umm...more pizza... laugh.gif

YAY!!!!!!!!!

that's what i'm also crazy after.....

Pizza with Pepperoni(but only the middle-shap one^^)
Riza Babe
This is pocky

IPB Image
IPB Image
Kihaku
Ooh.... pocky looks soo tasty! Of course I would never have to chance to taste that... Wait... maybe I could check in the shops...
hitokiri
most asian food stores have pocky
xrninja
because pocky is practically an asian staple. i love the regular kind dipped in chocolate, the men's g-pocky (why men's?) with the chocolate sticks dipped in chocolate, and the strawberry ones XD

ooh, anyone remember yanyans? those containers with half sticks, half chocolate/strawberry/vanilla dip? smile.gif
Blade42
yep, i've had yanyans before, they taste good.
hagane_no_tokage
i've been on a pasta kick lately... mm...pasta...
hitokiri
i remember yanyans..... yanyans and cartoons....the staple of my childhood saturdays....
Shadow Alchemist
Pie. And pi.

...what? Blueberry 3.1415926 is yummy...

/lame attempt at humor
FukusukeXAntlee
yanyans...they're just so tasty especially with the chocolate dip.I really love to eat Kix,oh god the calories... yumm.KIX is the ONLY cereal i will accept!!
Blade42
QUOTE(Shadow Alchemist @ Dec 12 2004, 01:03 PM)
Pie. And pi.

/lame attempt at humor

.... ph34r.gif ..someone might think it's funny.....eventually...
GuestHole
QUOTE(xrninja @ Dec 12 2004, 12:28 PM)
ooh, anyone remember yanyans? those containers with half sticks, half chocolate/strawberry/vanilla dip? smile.gif

What do you mean "remember"? They still exist.

@Shadow Alchemist: Nice attempt. mellow.gif Reminds me of the following image:

IPB Image
xrninja
well yeah, but i rarely see people eating them any more. i believe i still have an ancient pack stashed somewhere in the kitchen though....
mei_tenshi
QUOTE(Blade42 @ Dec 12 2004, 01:12 PM)
QUOTE(Shadow Alchemist @ Dec 12 2004, 01:03 PM)
Pie. And pi.

/lame attempt at humor

.... ph34r.gif ..someone might think it's funny.....eventually...

I chuckled. tongue.gif

Thanksgiving got me hooked on pumpkin pie topped with loads of whipped cream (it can't be healthy, though...)

I'll eat anything Italian.

Heck, I'll eat anything period.
hitokiri
Thanksgiving got me hooked on pumpkin pie topped with loads of whipped cream (it can't be healthy, though...)

I'll eat anything Italian.

Heck, I'll eat anything period.

check out sweet potato pie... just about the same as pumpkin but more flavor... might be hard to find dependent on where you are as its more of southern thing
mei_tenshi
Sweet potato pie? Sounds good. I don't think I've seen it anywhere around where I am, though...Ah well. I could always look it up and give the recipe to my cousin, who's in that evyerthing-home-made phase. tongue.gif

I really want to try it, now...
hitokiri
here's a recipe i found for sweet potato pie.... in fact if any of you have any recipes you want to share feel free....

Pastry Pie Dough for 1 (9-inch) pie pan or 1 (10-inch) tart shell, recipe follows
2 cups cooked sweet potatoes, peeled, boiled and drained and mashed
4 eggs
1 cup light brown sugar
1 orange, juiced
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 stick unsalted butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon allspice
1/4 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg

Blind bake tart shell for 10 minutes in a preheated 350 degree oven. In a mixing bowl, combine ingredients thoroughly. Pour sweet potato mixture into tart shell and return to 350 degree oven and bake for 25 minutes or until center is set.

Pastry Dough Recipe:
4 1/2 cups flour
12 ounces cold diced butter
2 teaspoons salt
3/4 to 1 cup ice water

In a food processor, combine the flour, butter and salt and pulse until the mixture is very coarse. Pour the flour/butter into a large bowl and add the ice water. Pour out onto a clean, flat surface into a large log. Using the palm of your hand, gently push and pull the mixture to form it into a dough. Do not knead, you are just slightly manipulating it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.