Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chapter 42 "Regular" Discussion Thread For First Time Readers (and Others)
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Manga
Pages: 1, 2
Ninie
First time FMA manga readers, please post your thoughts and discussions on chapter 42 here. smile.gif

For info about the "Reading Reference", go to page 4.

==============

Here's a LJ link to the raw of chapter 42...

http://www.livejournal.com/community/fm_al...st/1429623.html

I don't understand japanese, but... Wee! biggrin.gif

<Last updated by Michiyo- on Mar. 20, 2011>
_alchemist
TOTAL AWESOMENESS!
Queen of the dammed
I'm so freaking excited right now..... XDDDDDDDDDDDDDD WHAT'S HAPPENED TO DR MARCO!!!!!!!!!!!
Ed x Winry 4eva! =)
Someone gotta translate the chapter fast.. So much speech!
Spoiler: (Click here to Display)
riyo
OMG OMG!!!!111 When does the translated file usually go up?
jewbagel
Usually it takes 2 or 3 days after the raw release.
riyo
thanx smile.gif cant wait....
Queen of the dammed
Ling is a prince!!!!!!!!!!!! XDDDDDDDDDDDDD Dammit! he looked so funny in the picture!!!!!!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Zio
Here is what I gathered from just looking at the panels. (Can't read Japanese.)

xrninja

here's a link to summerwolf's translations (no scanlations yet):
http://www.livejournal.com/community/fm_al...st/1431116.html
Queen of the dammed
Hohenheim : You're quite famous in Central, aren't you? As the shortest State Alchemist in history?
Ed : THE YOUNGEST, THE YOUNGEST, DAMMIT!

OMFG, that line is bloddy excelent!!!!!!!! XDDDDDDDD Poor Ed!!!
Shiroi
~_~ Must...not...click...button...damnit...

Yebosh, hurry up and post scanslations before I kill myself. T_T

Must...stay...away...from...spoilers...........
Nailbiter
hah! I sinned! I clicked!! (first time ever though ^^')

now only Yebyosh can save me from damnation XD

somehow I don't find this cliffhanger too awfull o_o (I rather want to know what hohenheim and ed are talking about! >< )
Senefen
I click and sin ;_;. It was hard enough not going online to look earlier but we have limited time and I had to save it for my End of year results this morning.
*reading script now*
lialiakicks
NOOOO!!!!!

Senefen
I saw that icon too.... sexy ankle....

*does a little dance* See I told you Havoc couldnt get automail! Oh wait... thats bad *sulks off, joy of being right wears off*
riyo
i looked at the translated script...then died. I didn't look at it all, cos somehow, i think that would spoil it a bit...
alpha
Thank god! Yes!! From what it looks like...

Queen of the dammed
BUT I WANT THE OLD LUST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nailbiter

EDIT: why raw when you can get a freshly well baked chapter 42?!
http://www.anime-source.com/banzai/modules...howpage&pid=806

(a propos bakery.... *looks at sig*)

*goes off reading* ^^
Shiroi
*sigh*
For a chapter of FMA, that was oddly unsatisfying.

Quistis88
I just finished reading it as well. Not what I expected at all, really. I was thinking that it might have a little more action.

Ninie
Quistis88
QUOTE(Ninie @ Dec 13 2004, 03:23 PM)
Am I the only one who's worried about what Envy said to Havoc? Because if it was really Envy, and not the real Breda, he knows that Ross is alive, and maybe that could cause her trouble. Or maybe not, butshe's in danger anyway, because of the wars in Xing... And he said that Havoc wasn't fitted for retired life. It didn't seem like a innocent comment to me...

But maybe it was Breda and not Envy, and I'm just paranoid >.<

Ninie
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Dec 13 2004, 05:56 PM)
QUOTE(Ninie @ Dec 13 2004, 03:23 PM)
Am I the only one who's worried about what Envy said to Havoc? Because if it was really Envy, and not the real Breda, he knows that Ross is alive, and maybe that could cause her trouble. Or maybe not, butshe's in danger anyway, because of the wars in Xing... And he said that Havoc wasn't fitted for retired life. It didn't seem like a innocent comment to me...

But maybe it was Breda and not Envy, and I'm just paranoid >.<

Well, like I have mentioned before, I have no idea how Envy would've known about Breda's plan to visit Marco in the first place, so I don't think it was actually Envy that was in the hospital, because the REAL Breda shows up at Marco's place, too.

Quistis88
QUOTE(Ninie @ Dec 13 2004, 03:58 PM)
Yes... ^^'''' But I seem to have misread the other chapters, because I don't remember when Breda got back to Central... So then, Envy... Knox, the doctor who talked with Roy?

Ninie
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Dec 13 2004, 06:20 PM)
QUOTE(Ninie @ Dec 13 2004, 03:58 PM)
Yes... ^^'''' But I seem to have misread the other chapters, because I don't remember when Breda got back to Central... So then, Envy... Knox, the doctor who talked with Roy?

Hmm, a possibility. But has Envy seen Knox before?

Quistis88
QUOTE(Ninie @ Dec 13 2004, 04:22 PM)
Maybe... Knox seems to be involed in something with Ishval... Maybe even with the Philosopher's Stone.

Really!? ohmy.gif How so? I can't figure it out . . . perhaps I missed something.
Ninie
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Dec 13 2004, 06:28 PM)
QUOTE(Ninie @ Dec 13 2004, 04:22 PM)
Maybe... Knox seems to be involed in something with Ishval... Maybe even with the Philosopher's Stone.

Really!? ohmy.gif How so? I can't figure it out . . . perhaps I missed something.

alpha

Yeah I have some weird ass crack theroies.
Ninie
QUOTE(alpha @ Dec 13 2004, 07:47 PM)
Wouldn't it be cool if they used Hughes body to make Greed and Trisha to make the new Lust? Seems possible....

alpha
I can dream still. laugh.gif
Ninie
QUOTE(alpha @ Dec 13 2004, 08:18 PM)
I can dream still.  laugh.gif

Yes happy.gif

Zio
Hey, anime-source.com just got Chapter 42 translated. Go check it out.

Ninie
alpha
Well...perhaps the anime might of followed what the manga writer was originally going to do?

Also...we still haven't seen Scar yet...I wonder wtf happened to him.
Zio
QUOTE(alpha @ Dec 13 2004, 08:07 PM)
Well...perhaps the anime might of followed what the manga writer was originally going to do?

Also...we still haven't seen Scar yet...I wonder wtf happened to him.

Last time I saw Scar, he was hitching a ride with Good Ol' Yoki, using threats.
Hikari no Hohenheim

And why the hell Arakawa-sama used the nether "van" instead of the german "von", which is the correct for...

hagane_no_tokage
maybe arakawa-sensei wanted to radiate nuances of aforementioned spoiler person, but didn't want to have the character emulate the entire identity?
incase any of you dont know yet, the scanslation is out. You can find it at

http://www.anime-source.com/banzai/modules...tegories&cid=20
Do u finki ed will meet up with mei-chan?
Also the Xing emperor looks alot like Bradly
Queen of the dammed
He just look like a normal chinese emperor, which is good, because it means Arakawa's been doing some reaserch (because, some mangaka don't draw their emperors right... they don't even wear the right clothes... (I'm picky about this because I'm chinese....))
Kihaku
QUOTE(Zio @ Dec 13 2004, 07:33 PM)

I guess Hohenheim's warning to Pinako helps my theory that he is Pride.

oooh... and I never even thought about that. Although

And....

Oh and the chapter was okay! It revealed quite a few things...
Queen of the dammed
Perhaps he gets a nice nurse as a girlfriend at the end...... biggrin.gif WHICH IS MEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! laugh.gif
dragonflame327
Entire post is in spoilers, just to be safe:

Ninie
QUOTE(dragonflame327 @ Dec 19 2004, 01:15 AM)
Entire post is in spoilers, just to be safe:

I think it'd be interesting if Havoc got automail. I don't paticularly like the idea, but I find it interesting. There's a whole thread on the Pride-obviously-being-Hohenhiem/Father theory-soon-to-be-fact.

Hughes as Greed would make me cry.;_; Would make for good plot though...and be really interesting to see what he was dressed in. Trisha as the new Lust...maybe. But remember, Lust was still alive when she was recovering. We know she'll be used for something though, since she IS a failed human transmutation. As to Hohenhiem asking if the transmutation was really Trisha. Easy. Human transmutation will always fail. It's impossible to bring someone back to life with alchemy. Why? You would need the mind, the body and the soul. In FMA when someone dies, the body decays and the soul and mind leave the body. The go to the place with the gate...for a time, and then...something happens, maybe they enter the gate. Or something. After whatever that event is happens, it's impossible to call the soul and mind back through alchemy. That's why.

Shiroi

Um... Can we stop with the spoiler tags already?
Queen of the dammed
Hmmmm... isn't Sloth
Kihaku
QUOTE(Queen of the dammed @ Dec 19 2004, 12:45 AM)
Hmmmm... isn't Sloth
That wierd macho guy which Lust mentioned about who's digging or something..... since Hoe might not be Pride then..... PRIDE!BISHIE!!!!!!!!!!!! COME OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yup, at least I think so....

I keep on using spoiler tags since everyone is using them anyway tongue.gif . In my opinion the name of the topic is a spolier on its own....
Lenneth
Well, like I have mentioned before, I have no idea how Envy would've known about Breda's plan to visit Marco in the first place, so I don't think it was actually Envy that was in the hospital, because the REAL Breda shows up at Marco's place, too.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.