Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Left Hand, Right Hand, Or Both?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Open Talk
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Lady Battousai
Just to past my time... and I'm quite curious. I'm a left handed person. wink.gif

And everyone, it's frequently...not once in a while.
Carnal Malefactor
Depends on what the activity is... I'll leave it at that... ph34r.gif
xrninja
how the hell do you write with one leg?

i'm right-handed. used to be semi-ambidextrous but alas, no more.
Gashole
I thought left-handedness was forbidden in your country? huh.gif

I use right hand most of the time, but I pick my nose with my left hand.
Bling_bling_Angel
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Dec 9 2004, 11:07 PM)
Depends on what the activity is... I'll leave it at that...  ph34r.gif

What the HELL?!?

Ugh, that reminds me of the time, wait, no, forget that... dry.gif

I'm right-handed
Gashole
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Dec 9 2004, 11:07 PM)
Depends on what the activity is... I'll leave it at that...  ph34r.gif

^ Being a male, always the corrupted one. ph34r.gif
xrninja
never mind that it says "which part of the body do you use to write with" at the top of the polls.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Gashole @ Dec 10 2004, 06:08 AM)

What...the...

QUOTE(xrninja @ Dec 10 2004, 06:11 AM)
never mind that it says "which part of the body do you use to write with" at the top of the polls.

I glossed over that part! Honest!
Gashole
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Dec 9 2004, 11:11 PM)

What...the...

It's true. We had to do most things with our right hand. If you remember an episode of FMA, there's the time Ed doesn't have his right hand and to Hughes, I think, he salutes and says, "Sorry I'm using my left hand."

It's considered impolite cause you do certain things with your left hand.
Zio
I use my left hand to write! I refuse to bow down to the will of the Right handed man with his discriminating desks, crappy left handed gym equipment, and making the right hand of evil villians more powerful than the invisable left hand man.

LEFT POWAH! *raises his left fist*
Bling_bling_Angel
Yeah, like the British Royalty and Nobility consider is an insult to offer to shake hands with the left hand...
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Gashole @ Dec 10 2004, 06:14 AM)
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Dec 9 2004, 11:11 PM)

What...the...

It's true. We had to do most things with our right hand. If you remember an episode of FMA, there's the time Ed doesn't have his right hand and to Hughes, I think, he salutes and says, "Sorry I'm using my left hand."

It's considered impolite cause you do certain things with your left hand.

Yah, but that's Military SOP that you have to salute with your right hand. Having it outlawed [I think...?] by a government is... a bit much...
Lady Battousai
No no you got it all wrong...

In Malay culture it is not forbidden but instead worship by many...but only you cannot pass things to other people with your left hand. I think...huh.gif...at least that's what my teacher and other friends told me.

xrninja, do not underestimate people who could write with one leg. I've seen someone write with one leg before, if I'm not wrong.
Quistis88
I write with my elbow.

By elbow, I mean right hand.
Gashole
Well, not officially outlawed, but it's one of those things people just know and do to be accepted in the society.
Bling_bling_Angel
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Dec 9 2004, 11:19 PM)
I write with my elbow.

By elbow, I mean right hand.

XDDD
Carnal Malefactor
As good a time as any to bring this up...

One time when I was working the counter at Office Max... this was like 4 years ago... I got to watch a woman with no hands write a check!

Damnedest thing I've ever seen!
Bling_bling_Angel
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Dec 9 2004, 11:21 PM)
As good a time as any to bring this up...

One time when I was working the counter at Office Max... this was like 4 years ago... I got to watch a woman with no hands write a check!

Damnedest thing I've ever seen!

blink.gif Wow...
Quistis88
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Dec 10 2004, 12:21 AM)

O__O

Do tell us how it was done, what it looked like, etc.
xrninja
QUOTE(Lady Battousai @ Dec 9 2004, 11:19 PM)
xrninja, do not underestimate people who could write with one leg. I've seen someone write with one leg before, if I'm not wrong.

as in they stick a pencil behind their knee and squeeze their shin together with their calf, like they're squatting with one leg, and somehow prop themself up and move their knee around to move the pencil and write? i'd like to see someone actually write legibly like that. i don't doubt that people can write with their feet/toes, though.
Gashole
It would be interesting if anyone here is typing with a leg.
Bling_bling_Angel
There was once--on Japanese tv--about this guy ["salary man"] who didn't have any arms and he manaaged to type, conduct business, and slurp ramen perfectly... well, my Mom watched it, so I couldn't know what it was like...
Carnal Malefactor
She just put a pen between the concavities of her stumps and jotted away... She had better handwriting than me, too! blink.gif
Quistis88
The amazing compensation the body can dish out when lacking in something.

Anyone here ambidextrous in things other than writing?
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Dec 10 2004, 06:30 AM)
The amazing compensation the body can dish out when lacking in something.

Anyone here ambidextrous in things other than writing?

I am, but it can't be discussed in mixed company. ph34r.gif
Bling_bling_Angel
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Dec 9 2004, 11:29 PM)
She just put a pen between the concavities of her stumps and jotted away... She had better handwriting than me, too!  blink.gif

*smirk* Handwriting...? One of my talents... hey, what with my school requiring us to go cursive at 1st grade, you can't expect much...
xrninja
i can shade and paint and etc with both hands, but i still use my right hand for the little details.

edit: oh, i think we did cursive in second grade.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Bling_bling_Angel @ Dec 10 2004, 06:31 AM)
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Dec 9 2004, 11:29 PM)
She just put a pen between the concavities of her stumps and jotted away... She had better handwriting than me, too!  blink.gif

*smirk* Handwriting...? One of my talents... hey, what with my school requiring us to go cursive at 1st grade, you can't expect much...

We had the same thing when I was going to school in the USSR. Of course, I moved to the U.S. midway through grade 1 and had to learn how to write in a whole new language...

Nowadays, my handwriting is a mishmash of print and cursive.
Quistis88
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Dec 10 2004, 12:31 AM)
I am, but it can't be discussed in mixed company.  ph34r.gif

Thank you for thinking of the children, Bacon. biggrin.gif

i can shade and paint and etc with both hands, but i still use my right hand for the little details.

Wow . . . huh.gif I'd never be able to do that.

I can play piano with both hands, and play my video games. tongue.gif That's all I can think of for now anyway.

People tell me my cursive is pretty as well.
Gashole
You'd earn our praise if you said you could play piano with only one hand.

No wait, that's easy.
Bling_bling_Angel
rolleyes.gif Yeah... Bacon's getting pretty good at keeping his thoughts to himself... I'm afraid he's changing too fast...

Wow... smile.gif Mommy and me both have pretty handwriting!! *confetti shower*
Ailuro
I can paint with both hands. Though like xrninja, I only do detail with my right hand. I'm slowly becoming partially ambidextrous. I do many more things with my left hand now then I used to.

edit: My handwriting resembles chickenscratch. No, actually I think chickenscratch is neater than my handwriting. x_x
Gashole
@Bling: stop the IPB Image !
xrninja
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Dec 9 2004, 11:34 PM)
Nowadays, my handwriting is a mishmash of print and cursive.

yeah, during high school my handwriting style finally solidified and now it's a mix of cursive and print. it's only neat 20% of the time, and it's completely illegible 30% of the time. the other 50% it's partially neat, partially illegible. when my tape recorder dies and i'm taking notes during an interview, i switch to reporting handwriting, which looks like a long wavy squiggle with loops and peaks erratically scattered along it. and sometimes the interviewee gets nervous about me misquoting, and i have to read it back to them, and they're always surprised that i can decipher it tongue.gif i like my handwriting sometimes but i don't think it's particularly nice. people tell me it's very artistic huh.gif

and outside of writing and painting, in karate i can block and punch a lot better with my right hand. for kicking, i can balance really well on my left and kick really hard/high with my right, but not vice-versa. like, my left roundhouse kick is completely pathetic compared to my right's, which is pretty good. i can't do any spinning kicks without my right as the kicker and my left as the base either. and i'm better at controlling my weapons with my right hand, too. such a big wall i have to climb over.

you know what? for those of you with a scanner or digital camera, i'd like to see what your handwriting looks like smile.gif
Bling_bling_Angel
My print sucks like shit... yeah, I'll try scanning my hand writing...
Ailuro
Heh, maybe I could try scanning in some of my class notes. Then you'll be able to see my true handwriting. I'll do that tomorrow. Tired.
Carnal Malefactor
IPB Image

I used the cam because I didn't feel like setting up the scanner.
Ailuro
I rather like your handwriting. Its very neat. o-o
Lady Battousai
Way to go-bacon?
Bling_bling_Angel
Bacon... sleep.gif... sweetheart... I need to give you serious handwriting lessons...
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Bling_bling_Angel @ Dec 10 2004, 07:36 AM)
Bacon... sleep.gif... sweetheart... I need to give you serious handwriting lessons...

I'm sure you could teach me many things. wink.gif
Quistis88
My fast note-taking writing is nuts. People don't understand because I use shorthand from time to time and it's also a combination of print and cursive. Sometimes, I might even give up on a word and just put squigglies after it.

Maybe I could post a picture of my writing as well. biggrin.gif And your hand-writing is very nice, Bacon. But that lady wrote better than that? Inconceivable! ohmy.gif
Goha
I'm lefthanded. Not wery proud of it.
Bling_bling_Angel
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Dec 10 2004, 12:39 AM)
QUOTE(Bling_bling_Angel @ Dec 10 2004, 07:36 AM)

I'm sure you could teach me many things. wink.gif

wink.gif Quite so, my love...

Hmmm... my note-taking is crappy, too...
Kihaku
Right-handed tongue.gif . I wish I was left-handed....It's kind of different..Oh well..
What, no bacon?: That's pretty neat actually... Mine is horrifying. I can't even sometimes understand what I've written tongue.gif .
Le Monkey
QUOTE(Bling_bling_Angel @ Dec 9 2004, 11:38 PM)
*confetti shower*

WHERE DO YOU GET ALL THAT CONFETTI FROM???
Riza Babe
Right handed
Blade42
also right handed. I used to be able to write with both of my hands, but i can't anymore.
mei_tenshi
Right handed, though I'm starting to want to write with my leg the way Ninja described it...I think my writing would actually look better...
Felidae
IPB Image

I... need... lines. X__x
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.