Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Crazy News Item Of The Day
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Spam Central
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40
Tombow
QUOTE(popogeejo @ May 13 2006, 04:25 PM) [snapback]394743[/snapback]
^^Just so you know those are all about the same guy I think.
I think so. too. biggrin.gif

QUOTE(popogeejo @ May 13 2006, 04:25 PM) [snapback]394743[/snapback]
I say that's a smart move?? unsure.gif
asunder
Parents accused of rape of their newborn baby.....wtf.....

http://www.jacksonsun.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar.../605130304/1002
Toby-Chan
Dating site does not allow bisexual profiles, because they haven't made up their mind, and thus aren't capable of secure relationships.

Asu- ohmy.gif! That's horrible!
Chiyo
QUOTE(asu @ May 14 2006, 05:52 PM) [snapback]395176[/snapback]

If only it were a one off case, some people are seriosuly f***ed up.

it's not
Carnal Malefactor
Wouldn't doing that to a child that small cause severe internal bleeding to it?

[shudder]

Fry 'em... Better yet, string 'em up by their nipples and have rats feast on their nether regions.
Toby-Chan
This is a little old, but...

Vatican encourages catholics to boycott the Da Vinci Code.

Oh for the love of- IT'S FICTION!
Carnal Malefactor
Weak people do shit like that. They're insecure in their faith, so they lack the fortitude to truly face any challenges to it.
Chiyo
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ May 14 2006, 10:59 PM) [snapback]395313[/snapback]

This is a little old, but...

Vatican encourages catholics to boycott the Da Vinci Code.

Oh for the love of- IT'S FICTION!

After a nun staged a protest (solo) at it being filmed at the Cathedral here I'll believe it.
Envy's lil' miniskirt
QUOTE(Chiyo @ May 14 2006, 10:59 AM) [snapback]395195[/snapback]

QUOTE(asu @ May 14 2006, 05:52 PM) [snapback]395176[/snapback]

it's not

Do you know what I would like to see happen to people like this? I would like to see them tied up then we can set a rouge elephant, perferably one going through musk, on them to have his way. See how they like that.

There are some really screwed up people in the world.
QUOTE(Void @ May 14 2006, 03:03 PM) [snapback]395316[/snapback]

Weak people do shit like that. They're insecure in their faith, so they lack the fortitude to truly face any challenges to it.

I agree with this post.
Quistis88
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ May 14 2006, 11:48 AM) [snapback]395190[/snapback]
Dating site does not allow bisexual profiles, because they haven't made up their mind, and thus aren't capable of secure relationships.

laugh.gif

QUOTE(asu @ May 14 2006, 10:52 AM) [snapback]395176[/snapback]

UGH. Stupid, sick, and senseless. I want to slap people.

QUOTE(Envy's lil' miniskirt @ May 14 2006, 07:27 PM) [snapback]395368[/snapback]

QUOTE(Chiyo @ May 14 2006, 10:59 AM) [snapback]395195[/snapback]

it's not
Do you know what I would like to see happen to people like this? I would like to see them tied up then we can set a rouge elephant, perferably one going through musk, on them to have his way. See how they like that.

There are some really screwed up people in the world.

The sad thing is that they look like rapists (or something), too. I would never trust my children with people whose faces look like that, as shallow as it may seem. UGH. Forget slapping people. mini can just bring in the Rampage Tank.

QUOTE(Void @ May 14 2006, 03:03 PM) [snapback]395316[/snapback]

I also agree.
asunder
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ May 14 2006, 06:49 PM) [snapback]395376[/snapback]

The sad thing is that they look like rapists (or something), too. I would never trust my children with people whose faces look like that, as shallow as it may seem.

aye that is pretty damn superficial or irrational. you pick.
Popogeejo
QUOTE(Quistis88)
The sad thing is that they look like rapists (or something), too. I would never trust my children with people whose faces look like that,

Spotting Peados isn't as easy as one would think.
Envy's lil' miniskirt
I dunno, I got 13 out of 19.
Quistis88
QUOTE(asu @ May 14 2006, 08:45 PM) [snapback]395410[/snapback]
aye that is pretty damn superficial or irrational. you pick.

I pick superficial. It's just that they don't look kind at all, really. I wouldn't want my children to be scared or scarred. Then again, I'm basing this on only one/two picture(s).

QUOTE(popogeejo @ May 14 2006, 08:51 PM) [snapback]395414[/snapback]

I got the same score.
Tombow
QUOTE(popogeejo @ May 14 2006, 09:51 PM) [snapback]395414[/snapback]
I got only half of them right. tongue.gif
Envy's lil' miniskirt
This pisses me off for so many reasons. mad.gif

Why do they have to make a synthetic version when the orginal version works just fine?

Of course, how else would they charge an obscene amount of money for a medical herb that someone could grow themselves.
asunder
QUOTE(Envy's lil' miniskirt @ May 16 2006, 11:53 AM) [snapback]396213[/snapback]

This pisses me off for so many reasons. mad.gif

Why do they have to make a synthetic version when the orginal version works just fine?

Of course, how else would they charge an obscene amount of money for a medical herb that someone could grow themselves.

Why is this crazy?

Having it be synthetic regulates who gets to use the drug. In this case, the intended recipients are people undergoing chemotherapy, not bored college students. They give an explanation as to why they use the synthetic variety instead of growing it. In any case, they probably can give more quality control and a faster production if it is performed synthetically. That's my guess anyways.

The american system for medication production and sales needs modifying. But I think it's more on the order of reducing the prices of medicines people depend on to live, as well as medicines to the elderly (who probably don't have great health insurance or a substantial source of income). American pharmaceuticals with their legal patents force poorer countries to buy their expensive products instead of easily manufactured local/generic medication.

edit:

oh yeah, another point fromt the article:
The FDA last month said it does not support the use of marijuana for medical purposes.

Chiyo
QUOTE(Envy's lil' miniskirt @ May 15 2006, 04:04 AM) [snapback]395417[/snapback]

I dunno, I got 13 out of 19.

Same here.

And I agree with mini, I don't think there is anything wrong with using the original for medical purposes.
Envy's lil' miniskirt
So it's not so crazy it just pisses me off.

Just because someone supports medical marijuana doesn't mean they are looking out college students partying habits. Marijuana is a useful herb that helps with all kind so alements. Not just getting high.

I disagree because it's the pharmaceutical industry figuring out a way to charge people assloads of money for a weed. There is no reason for them to make a synthetic version of something that works just fine by itself. They site one of the reasons they site for making this synthetic version is because smoking it is harmful. This is bullshit! There are lots of alternatives to smoking. Despensiaries sell pills, tinctures and edibles off all kinds for people who can't/don't want to smoke vaporizors can also be used.

Marijuana can be grown very cheaply so of course the pharmaceutical industry doesn't want to sell actual marijuana because they can't make much money off of it so they make up some bullshit synthetic so they can charge people more money and hide their reason under the guise that a chemical they just made up is somehow safer than a natural plant that has been used medicinally for hundreds maybe thousands of years.

Of course the FDA has a problem with it. Due to what I've just stated above and I doubt they can get over the fact that marijuana is non toxic and nobody has ever died from it. Unlike many, many over the counter drugs which are also used recreationally.

*I don't care that I've misspelled a bunch of shit, that happens when I'm pissed off*
asunder
what other ailments would you use that for? say instead using morphine. Is there any proof of differences between the synthethic and plant grown form? (research studies...i bet there are in other countries...might be interesting to see what they say.)

As far as the fda is concerned, you would still need a few iterations of clinical trials in animals and patients for evaluting treatment of marijuana for a particular ailment before it would be allowed.
Envy's lil' miniskirt
It can be used for many ailments. I have a perscription for my migraines and insomnia. People use to to ease glaucoma, the effects of chemotherapy and various AIDS medications one plus is being the appetite stimulating effect that MJ has on it's users. It has also been used in the teatment of arthurits and depression. On the show Penn and Tellers Bull***t they profiled one of the last existing federal medical marijuana patients who had to smoke several joints a day to keep a bone diesease he suffered from in check. Also unlike morphine, marijuana is not physically addictive.

Let me just say this. I'm really against western medicine and their dependence on pumping people full of chemicals. I haven't been to a western doctor in almost ten years. My grandfather was on several medications toward the end of his life and they wreaked all kinds of havoc on his system. Since then I've been really against pumping people full of man made chemicals that have only been in use for the last 5-20+ years as apposed to something used for hundreds of years.
Popogeejo
I know they over charge but I'd rather have an expesive cure than no cure at all.
asunder
Personally as someone who has been in the medical area for a few years, i can tell you that surgical procedures and medical imaging play an important role in detecting and correcting certain illnesses. How can 'eastern' medicines treat this? No offense but we weren't living that long a century or two ago. Our lifespan "increased" based on improved healthcare. And guess what happens as a result. More things end up going wrong in our bodies. People with genetic predisposition of heart failure or brain aneyrusms were already dead before their lurking time bomb went off. Now that we're living longer, we're seeing some of these things surface and begin to detect and combat them.

I can understand your decision not to 'believe in' western medication.
But ignoring surgical and imaging. That's just plain crazy.
Envy's lil' miniskirt
Western medicine has it's place for things like you described however I've never needed anything like that so I stick to my accupuncturist and my herbalist for right now. The other reason being is I have no medical insurance and have to pay out of my pocket, so if I do ever need an operation I'm screwed.
asunder
QUOTE(Envy's lil' miniskirt @ May 16 2006, 01:03 PM) [snapback]396249[/snapback]

Western medicine has it's place for things like you described however I've never needed anything like that so I stick to my accupuncturist and my herbalist for right now. The other reason being is I have no medical insurance and have to pay out of my pocket, so if I do ever need an operation I'm screwed.

that's actually a major problem that still probably won't be resolved any time soon. After the age of 23 (i think) kids can't be dependants on their parent's insurance policies. Since most graduating college students aren't filthy rich, they opt out of getting health insurance since it's so expensive.

It's bad, considering that ER visits are expensive. And if you're there, chances are it's something serious / life-threatening.

then again the US's healthcare system is screwed up. who knows how it'll be in a few years.....
Popogeejo
Thank the uk for the NHS.
National health care may have it's draw backs but it's alot bettter or the people in general.
Envy's lil' miniskirt
I'll never understand why the US, one of the richest countries in the world, does not have socilized health care.

Don't get me started on the welfare system.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Envy's lil' miniskirt @ May 16 2006, 04:33 PM) [snapback]396256[/snapback]

I'll never understand why the US, one of the richest countries in the world, does not have socilized health care.

My state will have socialized healthcare, or a version thereof, beginning next year.

The truth of the matter is that the party in control of all three branches of government [as well as a good chunk of the opposition party] is in the pockets of the pharmaceutical industry, and the big HMOs, so they'd sooner see us all die of diptheria than see these companies' profits cut.
Toby-Chan
QUOTE(Envy's lil' miniskirt @ May 16 2006, 01:33 PM) [snapback]396256[/snapback]

Cuz people who don't work hard enough to afford the insane medical bills don't deserve to be healthy.
asunder
http://hotair.cachefly.net/video/2006-05/pentagon.wmv

they released the video footage of the airplane hitting the pentagon from 9/11

My friends live 5 minutes from there in pentagon city...scary if you think about it ... o_x
Carnal Malefactor
is this the contested footage that was originally seized by the FBI?

Makes you wonder what took them so long...
Tombow
QUOTE(asu @ May 16 2006, 03:40 PM) [snapback]396261[/snapback]
http://hotair.cachefly.net/video/2006-05/pentagon.wmv
they released the video footage of the airplane hitting the pentagon from 9/11
QUOTE(Void @ May 16 2006, 03:44 PM) [snapback]396264[/snapback]
Makes you wonder what took them so long...
^^ That was my thought, too. unsure.gif
Toby-Chan
A little boy has been banned from his lunch table because his eating habits of using a fork and spook simultaneously are 'disgusting'.
asunder
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ May 18 2006, 06:47 PM) [snapback]397500[/snapback]

A little boy has been banned from his lunch table because his eating habits of using a fork and spook simultaneously are 'disgusting'.

I was taught to eat with my right hand. Screw the utensils.
Popogeejo
WTF? How is it disgusting?
asunder
Friend left as 'deposit' at gas station....

http://today.reuters.com/news/newsArticle....ANY-DEPOSIT.xml
Carnal Malefactor
laugh.gif

Imagine doing that to someone in a wheelchair.
Quistis88
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ May 18 2006, 07:47 PM) [snapback]397500[/snapback]

The way they treated the boy is more disgusting, I think. Cultural context, people. If that's how they eat, then that's how they eat. And the principal is rather ethnocentric, in a sense. He forgets that Canada is supposedly a multicultural nation, and therefore, the stuff of other cultures are permitted within the country, so long as they do not defy any laws.

QUOTE(asu @ May 18 2006, 07:54 PM) [snapback]397512[/snapback]
Friend left as 'deposit' at gas station....

http://today.reuters.com/news/newsArticle....ANY-DEPOSIT.xml

Just . . . wow. laugh.gif
Carnal Malefactor
Molesting more than just kids' minds
Popogeejo
Illegal Imagrants found cleaning in Home office.

The Home Office is investigating allegations that five illegal immigrants had cleaned immigration service offices for years.

Channel 4 News reported that five Nigerians had worked at Immigration and Nationality Directorate premises, including one for three years.

The Home Office said it would look into it "fully and as quickly as possible".

It had earlier said the men were stopped when they first turned up for work due to the "alertness" of staff.
asunder
QUOTE(popogeejo @ May 19 2006, 05:39 PM) [snapback]397937[/snapback]

Illegal Imagrants found cleaning in Home office.

The Home Office is investigating allegations that five illegal immigrants had cleaned immigration service offices for years.

Channel 4 News reported that five Nigerians had worked at Immigration and Nationality Directorate premises, including one for three years.

The Home Office said it would look into it "fully and as quickly as possible".

It had earlier said the men were stopped when they first turned up for work due to the "alertness" of staff.

now we know where all that spam mail came from.
Tombow
QUOTE(popogeejo @ May 19 2006, 07:39 PM) [snapback]397937[/snapback]
Hmmm... didn't we have some lady nominee.. (was that Attorney General??) who couldn't get the job because she was busted using an illegal immigrant as a cleaning lady for her house (or something like that,) here in the U.S. while ago also??? rolleyes.gif
Envy's lil' miniskirt
Well I'm very suprised! ohmy.gif

Kind of a follow-up to the last story I posted.
Tombow
QUOTE(Envy's lil' miniskirt @ May 26 2006, 04:44 PM) [snapback]401278[/snapback]
Tashkin's study, funded by the National Institutes of Health's National Institute on Drug Abuse, involved 1,200 people in Los Angeles who had lung, neck or head cancer and an additional 1,040 people without cancer matched by age, sex and neighborhood
I think right there is the potential skewing of the results... People in L.A. might get more chance of getting Lung cancer just by breathing the air, than from smoking pots!! tongue.gif
(Disclaimer: I said "might" biggrin.gif )
Toby-Chan
Batwoman to be brought back as a lesbian.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Jun 1 2006, 07:33 PM) [snapback]404552[/snapback]
In the immortal words of Peter Lowenbräu Griffin, "THAT IS AAAAAAWESOME!"
Toby-Chan
Now, I wonder, would that be your reaction, if it were announced that a male comic book character was being brought back as gay?
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Jun 1 2006, 08:15 PM) [snapback]404571[/snapback]

Now, I wonder, would that be your reaction, if it were announced that a male comic book character was being brought back as gay?

Depends on the character.
Popogeejo
Well Superman, Batman or Robin being Gay wouldn't exactly be shocking.

Batman: Rich guy who lives with just his male butler and young male cousin and seems makes said cousin dress in a skimmpy outfit.

Robin: Lets Batman dress him up.

There is also going to be a Super hero with HIV adn several established heros are going to have ethnicity transplants.

While I like the idea of this it seems a bit over the top.
QUOTE(This idea says to me)
"True diversity comes from people who look diffrent."

Still it has a lesbian so it must be good. smile.gif

EDITED!

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200604/s1607840.htm

Alcohol Cloud spotted in deep space....
Envy's lil' miniskirt
QUOTE(Toby)

No that would be my reaction. biggrin.gif

More bad parenting blamed on fictional characters

and

I told you all so!! ohmy.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.