Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Crazy News Item Of The Day
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Spam Central
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40
Jen_Elric
I had a feeling this story wasn't true. I mean, no one is THAT dumb! Though, I admit, I did believe it at first. XD
Riza Babe
WTF!! The girl is dumb... Come on I have crushes on some anime Characters BUT DO YOU SEE ME Off to the woods to have sexual contact with a Wolf just because an anime guy is hot... I would at least go out and Buy a whole load of Cloud Strife stuff (Cloud fangirl tongue.gif) and I'll be happy.
Carnal Malefactor
Whether or not this story is true [highly doubtful], the fact that the girl 'talks' like that would make her a choice candidate for extraction from the gene pool.
Zyric
Ah, sorry. I haven't been around long but if a mod could move this, that'd be great.

I got this off of some forums I'm a regular at. I trust the people there but there's source requests in the thread, too. I don't believe any members there would make this up for attention, but she did get it from a friend and things like this are like those 'telephone' games. I'll wait for either a reply from the original topic or snopes for this, until then, read this with a grain of salt.

I just thought it was pretty interesting. I didn't jump the gun to debunk it because there's been too many times I've read the newspaper and watched the news in disbelief at what I found. I'm sorry to say I'm a little cynical with some people at this point.

Anywho, remember: grain of salt!
Envy's lil' miniskirt
Let them eat cake then

Seriously, they're lucky they are in an American prison where the official will put up with this kind of nonsense.

Boo Hoo! They made me eat three square meals a day.
foolmetal alchemist
They're lucky they got turkey at all.
Carnal Malefactor
I'm totally anti-war and drive a sedan.

cool.gif laugh.gif
Goldfish
Man Dies After Playing Computer Games For 49 Hours

News Edition: 08/11/2005
SEOUL, South Korea -- For some people, playing video games can be addictive, and police in South Korea said that may have cost a man his life.

Police said a 28-year-old man collapsed at an Internet cafe and died after playing the battle simulation game Starcraft non-stop for 49 hours. They said he'd barely eaten anything while he was glued to the keyboard.

Doctors think the man might have had a heart attack.

Police said he was fired from his job last month because he kept missing work to play computer games.

biggrin.gif I've been waiting for one of these.
Aleclom
laugh.gif That's hilarious, Goldfish. Here's another article. Death by stupidity.
Kent Man Killed By Exploding Lava Lamp
edsgirl
I'm at a lost for words. The poor guy left behind a baby.
Le Monkey
That is hallarious.. But it is also sad because.. well.. think of the daughter!
Envy's lil' miniskirt
Uncle Chuck strikes again.

And playing video games for 49 hours!?!, no wonder he's dead.
Envy's lil' miniskirt
*bump*

Here's some sad news I just found out about. sad.gif

Matthew McGrory Dies

LOS ANGELES (AP) Matthew McGrory, the deep-voiced 7-foot-plus actor who moved from appearances on Howard Stern's radio show to a high-profile role as a gentle giant in Big Fish, has died. He was 32.

Matthew McGrory played gentle giant, Karl, in Tim Burton's 2003 movie, Big Fish. He also had roles in Bubble Boy and Men In Black II.

McGrory died Tuesday at his home in the Sherman Oaks section of Los Angeles, said director Drew Sky, who was working with him on his current movie, a biopic of wrestler-turned-actor Andre the Giant.

Paramedics determined he died of apparent natural causes, police said in a statement.

McGrory had size 29 shoes and for years held a world record for biggest feet not caused by elephantiasis. The title led to his appearances on Stern's show in the 1990s and other attention from the national media even before he became an actor. He attended law school and showed up in music videos before starting his career in Hollywood B-movies.

He played a human Sasquatch in 2001's Bubble Boy, an alien in Men In Black II (2002) and Tiny in the Rob Zombie horror movies House of 1000 Corpses (2003) and its sequel released this year, The Devil's Rejects.

His big break in Hollywood came in 2003 with Tim Burton-directed Big Fish. Ewan McGregor's character refuses to be intimidated by the size of McGrory's Karl character, walking up to shake his hand.

McGrory's family and girlfriend declined immediate comment.

Sky said he first met McGrory at a bar in 2000 and had been filming Andre: Heart of the Giant on and off for six months. He said that McGrory, who was from West Chester, Pa., felt a connection with the man he was playing, wrestler and The Princess Bride actor Andre Rousimmoff, who died in 1993.

"He felt the same way, that he would do anything just to be a person of regular size one day a week, where people don't have to stare at him, where he could go see a regular movie and walk down the street," Sky said.
Fresh_Coffee
I'm getting picked on, I'm telling!
Kazer
Oooh that'll be fun....

Here's a pretty weird article: http://www.technewsworld.com/story/e1gP51S...han-Crust.xhtml

Ok, now I'm scared.ph34r.gif
Carnal Malefactor
Report: Leinart dancing through final semester
Associated Press

Matt Leinart would like to dance away from USC with another national championship.

The fifth-year senior will have plenty of time to focus on football in his final season. Leinart is enrolled in one class: Ballroom dancing will fulfill the final elective for his sociology degree, The Los Angeles Times reported.

"I put in my work to get my degree," he told the paper. "I came back for my fifth year, and I'm taking what's necessary for me to graduate. And that's two units."

NCAA rules require student-athletes to enroll in 12 semester or quarter hours unless they are in their final semester or quarter and are taking the courses needed to graduate.

The exception was adopted in 1975 and has been revised, said Brad Hostetter, director of NCAA membership services.

"The goal is for the student-athlete to graduate, and this exception is there to recognize that there are student-athletes that have done their job in the classroom throughout their previous years and have gotten close to graduation," Hostetter told the Times.

Wide receiver Greig Carlson is also taking only one class, while seven other fifth-year seniors are working on master's degrees or another bachelor's degree or minor, the Times reported.

"It's all up to the individual," coach Pete Carroll told the paper. "I think they've earned that right. They earned that by hard work."
Envy's lil' miniskirt
Oh no! ohmy.gif

Gilligan's Dead! sad.gif
fullmetal_4eva
>_< noooo!
Carnal Malefactor
...Wow... the Professor outlived him. What are the odds?
Envy's lil' miniskirt
Buried ship found in SF

Interesting. I wonder what else is buried under the streets of SF. Jimmy Hoffa perhaps?
Carnal Malefactor
Jimmy Hoffa, Emilia Earhart and my lost wallet.
Toby-Chan
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Sep 8 2005, 02:19 PM)
Jimmy Hoffa, Emilia Earhart and my lost wallet.
[right][snapback]278332[/snapback][/right]

And my lost library copy of the Da Vinci Code. (Dangitt!)
hitokiri
w.... look what i found

i so have to order me one of those
The RZA
Oh man nice find Hito. I love it so freaking much.
animejunkie429800
I found out that they're making Furbeys again. Remember those old birds that can talk and stuff like that? They're making them again.
Maes-Hughes
QUOTE(animejunkie429800 @ Sep 12 2005, 07:24 PM)
I found out that they're making Furbeys again. Remember those old birds that can talk and stuff like that? They're making them again.
[right][snapback]282865[/snapback][/right]

AHHHHHH!!! not those again, weeee waahoooo yepieeee, and thas ALL THEY SAID!!!
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(animejunkie429800 @ Sep 12 2005, 09:24 PM)

egad... WHY!? blink.gif
hitokiri
wait are those things that you can teach a language?

*plots to train a furbey to trash talk in ebonics*
Envy's lil' miniskirt
Nice shirt dumbass!

or Uncle Chuck almost strikes again!
animejunkie429800
QUOTE(Maes-Hughes @ Sep 12 2005, 08:47 PM)
QUOTE(animejunkie429800 @ Sep 12 2005, 07:24 PM)

AHHHHHH!!! not those again, weeee waahoooo yepieeee, and thas ALL THEY SAID!!!
[right][snapback]282902[/snapback][/right]

Yup... mellow.gif Those gave me nightmares 8 years ago. I know why. Because America DOESN'T LEARN!!! mad.gif

QUOTE(Envy's lil' miniskirt @ Sep 16 2005, 07:05 PM)
Nice shirt dumbass!

or Uncle Chuck almost strikes again!
[right][snapback]286182[/snapback][/right]

WTF? blink.gif That's..... crazy.
~*(Jaded)*~
QUOTE(animejunkie429800 @ Sep 12 2005, 06:24 PM) [snapback]282865[/snapback]

*starts to hyperventilate* Those things creeped my out sooo much! I had to lock mine in my closet so I couldn't hear it talking to me in the night. unsure.gif I could never get it to shut off! >_<
Quistis88
Maybe it's just me, but I find this a little disturbing and slightly unethical, to say the least.
Envy's lil' miniskirt
That's really creepy, walking around with the knowledge that you have someone elses face. I don't think I could do it.
Envy's lil' miniskirt
Trials of Life Redux
Quistis88
I really laughed at the title of the article. laugh.gif I didn't even get past the word "after" before I started laughing.
darkangelslayer
QUOTE(Envy @ Oct 5 2005, 04:23 PM) [snapback]296431[/snapback]

laugh.gif
The picture is awesome. The python is so stretched out; I'd never imagine an alligator could come close to fitting inside a python.

^
Does that comment count as animal cruelty? biggrin.gif
Celestial Shadow
QUOTE(darkangelslayer @ Oct 5 2005, 06:27 PM) [snapback]296436[/snapback]

QUOTE(Envy @ Oct 5 2005, 04:23 PM) [snapback]296431[/snapback]

laugh.gif
The picture is awesome. The python is so stretched out; I'd never imagine an alligator could come close to fitting inside a python.

^
Does that comment count as animal cruelty? biggrin.gif

I don't think so. Then again, I think the whole thing is funny... ph34r.gif The Python deserved it.
wow...must be one of the 10 greatest wonders...
Envy's lil' miniskirt
I don't think I've heard of a snake exploding from eating something too large, usually they barf it up.........and it's not pretty.

Also, I was upset to learn that Burmese pythons are becoming a nusance. Just another reason the pet industry is evil.
Earth Angel Alchemist
teehee python explodes. blink.gif
Envy's lil' miniskirt
I hope they have a rollercoaster laugh.gif

Bonus

Proof the president is off his rocker
mei_tenshi
QUOTE(Envy @ Oct 7 2005, 11:39 AM) [snapback]296992[/snapback]

An "interactive exhibit"? laugh.gif
darkangelslayer
QUOTE(Envy @ Oct 7 2005, 11:39 AM) [snapback]296992[/snapback]

God told me to say this: I don't know what the hell he's talking about, I told him he's a f*cking moron; not to invade Iraq. Effin' dumabass.

God sure is smart. biggrin.gif
Envy's lil' miniskirt
Japanese women dread when husbands retire.

I'd say screw you buddy, you're retired now you do some cleaning for a while with your new found free time. I'm going shopping.
Quistis88
QUOTE(Envy @ Oct 7 2005, 12:39 PM) [snapback]296992[/snapback]

I await the day that something will go wrong with this one.

QUOTE(Envy @ Oct 7 2005, 12:39 PM) [snapback]296992[/snapback]

I don't think he even got on the rocker to begin with. I see that as a horrible excuse to do whatever he's trying to do.

QUOTE(Envy @ Oct 18 2005, 02:53 PM) [snapback]301294[/snapback]
Japanese women dread when husbands retire.

I'd say screw you buddy, you're retired now you do some cleaning for a while with your new found free time. I'm going shopping.

Darn straight. laugh.gif
mei_tenshi
Hey, at least they're getting re-trained! laugh.gif
Carnal Malefactor
can't think of anything to say about this...
mei_tenshi

That woman is scary. La Llorona-scary.
Envy's lil' miniskirt
QUOTE(What, no bacon? @ Oct 20 2005, 12:05 AM) [snapback]302088[/snapback]

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

You have to have a license to catch a fish, drive a car and own a gun. But they'll let any butt-reaming asshole have a kid. Especially one that needs to be heavily medicated.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.