Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Crazy News Item Of The Day
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Spam Central
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40
hitokiri
Worst Terrorist Plan Ever
Quistis88
QUOTE(hitokiri @ Feb 3 2005, 11:09 PM)
Worst Terrorist Plan Ever
[snapback]106176[/snapback]

laugh.gif

*walks off mumbling* . . . what kind of idiots . . . stupid . . . go . . . ahh! . . . persimmons . . . yes . . .

*walks away*

Don't got money? You'll never keep up with that face of yours now.

Such vanity. Ugh. Reminds me of Harisu though. laugh.gif
Carnal Malefactor
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1993112

I have a feeling the fallout from this steroid crap will only get more absurd.
hitokiri
what a whiny little bitch....... boohoo i didn't get to be mvp... who the hell cares?
Nagurikorosu
That's sad... And not in that 'OMG someone just died' way.
Quistis88
Didn't want to start a new thread in General Game, so . . .

Sony Online Entertainment and Pizza Hut Offer EQ2 Players In-Game Ordering
02.18.05 - 5:08 PM

In what is quite possibly the most brilliant move in the history of MMORPGs, Sony Online Entertainment and Pizza Hut have teamed up to offer Everquest II players the ability to order Pizza in-game. By typing "/pizza", a browser opens allowing the player to input their information and order a pizza.
The "/pizza" command is available now, however, we are unsure if a "/chinesefood" command will be available anytime in the near future.

The site can be reached here.

It would be nice news if I was a MMORPGer. Sadly, I'm not. Then again, it now gives people an excuse to sit on their backside all day, save for getting up to open the door when the delivery guy comes.
Username05
I say it is a sign... A sign from God!!! It is the end of the world!!! They will Rue the day! RUE!!!
mei_tenshi
Oh wow. You think the forum can develop something like that? It'll save a lot of trouble, and we all can avoid walking from wherever the computer is located to the fridge, then back again...XD
Carnal Malefactor
I think I speak for everyone here when I say, 'HOLY CRAP!' blink.gif
Quistis88
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Feb 19 2005, 11:56 AM)

Amazing. I found this passage particularly disturbing:
As in the case of a girl who died after similar surgery in the Dominican Republic a year ago, the second twin had developed no body. The head that was removed from Manar had been capable of smiling and blinking but not independent life, doctors said.

And now:

Look, kids! It's time to change our diet!
Bling_bling_Angel
Guys, I find this really, really disturbing... mellow.gif

I know I'm gonna get pumelled by the liberal here, but I dunno... it juss seems wrong to me... *holds hands up*

Hey, I'm not an amoral SOB... dry.gif
Xithion
LOL ....That could be really good for perverted guys....or really sick if there are old people there....
*ponders....am i a pervert?*
Bling_bling_Angel
*shudders and walks away to one corner of the room*

I hope none in our forum will ever do that... mellow.gif
Xithion
Well since you dont want anyone to do that....It kinda makes me want to! But I wont because if I keep playing around pretty soon no-one is going to take me seriously anymore. smile.gif
Chibi-Usa
eww!I'm not trying to be immature here but that's just nasty!
blueices
QUOTE(Bling_bling_Angel @ Mar 4 2005, 01:09 AM)
*shudders and walks away to one corner of the room*

I hope none in our forum will ever do that... mellow.gif
[snapback]126344[/snapback]

[Blue blushes and runs away] laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

I'm just kidding of course
Xithion
Hmmm....I guess it doesnt gross me out that much because of the fact that I know their are worse things in the world. Not that I would go there.....
Cannibal Bacon
QUOTE(Bling_bling_Angel @ Mar 3 2005, 10:54 PM)
Guys, I find this really, really disturbing... mellow.gif

I know I'm gonna get pumelled by the liberal here, but I dunno... it juss seems wrong to me... *holds hands up*

Hey, I'm not an amoral SOB...  dry.gif
[snapback]126328[/snapback]

Uh... it's nudism. There's nothing sexual or immoral about it. Some people just like to remain the way nature made 'em. They're hippies, and most of them are unattractive, but there's nothing perverted about them.
Carnal Malefactor
http://www.thecrimson.com/article.aspx?ref=506104

Pinkett Smith’s Remarks Debated
BGLTSA calls comments “heteronormative,” pledges to work with Foundation

By ANNA M. FRIEDMAN
Contributing Writer

Article Options
Email this article to a friend
Send a letter to the editor
Print this article

RELATED LINKS
Cultural Rhythms Showcases Talent
Media Portrayal Of Pinkett Smith Comments Was Overblown

After some students were offended by Jada Pinkett Smith’s comments at Saturday’s Cultural Rhythms show, the Bisexual, Gay, Lesbian, Transgender, and Supporters Alliance (BGLTSA) and the Harvard Foundation for Intercultural and Race Relations have begun working together to increase sensitivity toward issues of sexuality at Harvard.
Students said that some of Pinkett Smith’s remarks concerning appropriate gender roles were specific to heterosexual relationships.

In a press release circulated yesterday by the BGLTSA—and developed in coordination with the Foundation—the BGLTSA called for an apology from the Foundation and encouraged future discussion of the issue.

According to the Foundation’s Student Advisory Committee (SAC) Co-Chair Yannis M. Paulus ’05, the two groups have already planned concrete ways to address the concerns that Pinkett Smith’s speech rose.

The BGLTSA release acknowledged that the Foundation was not responsible for Pinkett Smith’s comments. But the Foundation has pledged to “take responsibility to inform future speakers that they will be speaking to an audience diverse in race, ethnicity, religion, sexuality, gender and class,” according to the release.

Pinkett Smith was honored as the Foundation’s “Artist of the Year” at its 20th annual Cultural Rhythms show, which she also hosted.

BGLTSA Co-Chair Jordan B. Woods ’06 said that, while many BGLTSA members thought Pinkett Smith’s speech was “motivational,” some were insulted because they thought she narrowly defined the roles of men and women in relationships.

“Some of the content was extremely heteronormative, and made BGLTSA members feel uncomfortable,” he said.

Calling the comments heteronormative, according to Woods, means they implied that standard sexual relationships are only between males and females.

“Our position is that the comments weren’t homophobic, but the content was specific to male-female relationships,” Woods said.

Margaret C. D. Barusch ’06, the other BGLTSA co-chair, said the comments might have seemed insensitive in effect, if not in intent.

“I think the comments had a very strong focus for an extended period of time on how to effectively be in a relationship—a heterosexual relationship,” Barusch said. “I don’t think she meant to be offensive but I just don’t think she was that thoughtful.”

In order to discuss these concerns and ensure that such a misunderstanding doesn’t occur again, Paulus said the BGLTSA and the Foundation are planning a joint breakfast later this week as well as a general discussion forum for all of the SAC member groups.

Paulus added that the Foundation will issue a letter later this week apologizing for any offense the show might have caused and encouraging concerned students to attend the planned discussions.

According to Paulus, the letter will acknowledge that “Pinkett Smith was just giving the story of her life. She just told things from her perspective, and her perspective was a heterosexual perspective. She wasn’t trying to be offensive. But some felt she was taking a narrow view, and some people felt left out.”

Barusch said the dialogue with the Foundation has been “productive.”

“Both groups have really talked about issues of intercultural relationships and sexuality and the way that student groups can talk about these topics in sensitive ways,” she said.

Barusch also referred to a “minor controversy” that occurred earlier this year, in which some members of SAC questioned the BGLTSA’s role in the Foundation.

“They weren’t sure how the BGLTSA would fit into the Foundation...There was some conversation about the relevance of queer issues,” she said.

But Barusch emphasized that the Foundation has been very supportive of the BGLTSA’s efforts to address this weekend’s comments, stressing that the two incidents are unrelated.

“We’re not blaming the Foundation. It’s not about blame. It’s about how we all need to think more about what we’re saying,” she said.

Ofole U. “Fofie” Mgbako ’08, a performer in the Cultural Rhythms show who watched Pinkett Smith’s speech, said he thought the speech was “insightful.”

“You can never appeal to every single group,” he said. “You’ll always in some way be exclusive. I thought her message was clear. I thought it was sincere.”

Jesus <censored for the kiddies>, this is pathetic. Now people have to worry about making 'heteronormative' comments!? Way to provide fodder to Christian fundies, you <censored for the kiddies> fruit loops.
Xithion
Hmm....sounds interesting.
*Throws bacon a pitch fork.*
Lets go get those gays!
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Xithion @ Mar 9 2005, 08:16 PM)
Hmm....sounds interesting.
*Throws bacon a pitch fork.*
Lets go get those gays!
[snapback]129050[/snapback]

Harvard is about a 25-minute train ride from where I am right now. I could go over there right now and harass them over this... but I won't, since I'm not a douche bag.
Xithion
You live that close? Then could you do me a favor and deliver this to them....Thanks!
*Hands bacon a 'ticking' package*
Thanks again! *runs off to a safe distance*
Carnal Malefactor
This isn't Looney Tunes.

[Throws package back in Xith's general direction]
Bling_bling_Angel
*covers eyes*
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Bling_bling_Angel @ Mar 10 2005, 02:10 AM)
*covers eyes*
[snapback]129280[/snapback]

I'm sure you have something very relevant and insightful to say on this issue... rolleyes.gif
blueices
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Mar 9 2005, 03:19 PM)
Harvard is about a 25-minute train ride from where I am right now.
[snapback]129051[/snapback]

You aren't a student there are you? (Blue's eye begins to twitch)

Not that I have anything against that stuck up joint laugh.gif
Bling_bling_Angel
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Mar 9 2005, 07:11 PM)
QUOTE(Bling_bling_Angel @ Mar 10 2005, 02:10 AM)
*covers eyes*
[snapback]129280[/snapback]

I'm sure you have something very relevant and insightful to say on this issue... rolleyes.gif
[snapback]129282[/snapback]

*slaps Bacon* dry.gif
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(blueices @ Mar 10 2005, 02:13 AM)
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Mar 9 2005, 03:19 PM)
Harvard is about a 25-minute train ride from where I am right now.
[snapback]129051[/snapback]

You aren't a student there are you? (Blue's eye begins to twitch)

Not that I have anything against that stuck up joint laugh.gif
[snapback]129285[/snapback]

I'm a student at another Boston institution...

A far more ghetto one, but still better than anything you'll find in South Carolina or Alabama. tongue.gif
Bling_bling_Angel
*giggles some* Yeah, I guess...
Carnal Malefactor
You still haven't proven me wrong...
blueices
[sigh of relief] laugh.gif

Who am I kidding? I'm being hypocritical.

The only reason my school isn't considered stuck up is because its near Harlem. laugh.gif

As for the article: I hate when being pc goes so far that its nauseating.

I'm really liberal, but I'm also easily irritated when people complain about things that are mostly imagined. In this case, I think that people manipulated what was said until it sorta/kinda/might have seemed offensive. In reality, I doubt she meant to come across that way at all.
Bling_bling_Angel
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Mar 9 2005, 07:28 PM)
You still haven't proven me wrong...
[snapback]129289[/snapback]

Whaaaa-? unsure.gif
Carnal Malefactor
Seriously, I have nothing against gays in general. I think they deserve every right that anyone else gets. I think they're free to do as they want when the lights are off. But holy shit, when they act like they're owed an apology by anyone who still considers heterosexuality the norm [And why would that be? I mean, we only comprise, what, 90-95% of the population?], I get the urge to go do a little fag-bashing of my own.

This doesn't make people more tolerant or respective of your lifestyle. It sure as hell doesn't diminish the fact that you're still a fringe group. All it does is provide more ammo for douchebag regressive conservatives who genuinely despise you and your deviant agenda.
Sith lord Revan 64
Well guseing from above this is crazy news storys well i got one a freind told me Rampage causes seizeres.
And any one herd of Suzen Johnson and Frank Gifford?
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Sith lord Revan 64 @ Mar 10 2005, 04:49 AM)
Well guseing from above this is crazy news storys well i got one a freind told me Rampage causes seizeres.
And any one herd of Suzen Johnson  and Frank Gifford?
[snapback]129432[/snapback]

Someone lend me a n00b-to-English dictionary, so I can translate this crap! blink.gif
Ailuro
Well, guessing from above, this is the crazy news stories thread. Well, I have one a friend told me: Rampage causes seizures.
And has anyone heard of Suzen Johnson and Frank Gifford?

That was rather challenging..
Envy's lil' miniskirt
These court processions are soooo boring.

http://tinyurl.com/546wu
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Envy's lil' miniskirt @ Mar 17 2005, 02:19 AM)

[snapback]134576[/snapback]

ohmy.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

That's it... I'm going to law school!
edsgirl
LOL! Wow that's one of the more interesting stories I've heard today. What a sick old perv.
Fresh_Coffee
QUOTE(Envy's lil' miniskirt @ Mar 16 2005, 07:19 PM)

[snapback]134576[/snapback]

laugh.gif sick people ahahah
Envy's lil' miniskirt
Could it be......

http://tinyurl.com/64tvl

Oh, bonus.

What? The toy store wasn't open?

http://tinyurl.com/3r2sv
Steel Alchemist
Finally! Someone from Montana! I fell more welcome now!
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Steel Alchemist @ Mar 20 2005, 12:40 AM)
Finally! Someone from Montana!  I fell more welcome now!
[snapback]136256[/snapback]

Whoa! Hold that thought! I'm actually from Massachusetts!
edsgirl
^Is that good news or bad news? Just jk. A haunted nintendo, now I've heard everything!
Blade Alchemist
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Mar 10 2005, 12:46 PM)
QUOTE(Sith lord Revan 64 @ Mar 10 2005, 04:49 AM)
And any one herd of Suzen Johnson  and Frank Gifford?

Someone lend me a n00b-to-English dictionary, so I can translate this crap! blink.gif
[snapback]129829[/snapback]

Blame the teachers. Sith has an A in L.A.
Quistis88
OMG, IT'S JUST A CHEESEBURGER.

Can you believe this? What kind of person does that? laugh.gif
edsgirl
That was one of the most pitiful thing's I've ever heard! I'm at a lost for words blink.gif
xrninja
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Mar 27 2005, 10:17 PM)
OMG, IT'S JUST A CHEESEBURGER.

Can you believe this?  What kind of person does that?  laugh.gif
[snapback]140866[/snapback]

if it wasn't for the very sane and rational 911 lady, i would have lost all faith in the human race. not that most of that faith hasn't been lost already by reading some of the aforeposted (ooh, new word) articles. ph34r.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.