Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Crazy News Item Of The Day
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Spam Central
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40
Kenji
I want a salmon wallet!
Tombow
QUOTE(Kenji @ Jun 26 2007, 03:20 AM) [snapback]555795[/snapback]

*Tries to picture a Salmon "leather" jacket* That should make PITA happy.. tongue.gif

Envy's lil' miniskirt
Not crazy but really cool if it's true
Tombow
QUOTE(Envy @ Jun 26 2007, 03:05 PM) [snapback]555923[/snapback]

This would be HUGE (I think..^^) !!!
I bet Discovery Channel will make another special, featuring her. ^^ (And, I will watch it!! biggrin.gif )
Fushi
O_____o

Oh dear...this is a rather big shock to me, because whenever my brother asked me "If you had to pick one favorite wrestler, who would it be?!" (even tho I hated this crap) it'd either be the Rock or this guy. blink.gif

My poor bro is still in shock and didn't believe me when I told him (he was the first to tell me he died, but he didn't know how). =/ I never approved of him watching this crap, but still. Poor kid.
Tombow
QUOTE(Fushigi Rockna @ Jun 26 2007, 09:08 PM) [snapback]556163[/snapback]

I agree with Fushigi.. poor kid. Whatever the motive, or the cause was, it's a tragedy!! sad.gif
Toby-Chan
Ah, score for humanity. Thank you, Egypt.

Now we can just hope this is put in effect in the many other countries where it's rampant.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Jun 28 2007, 01:47 PM) [snapback]556872[/snapback]

Now we can just hope this is put in effect in the many other countries where it's rampant.

Indeed. What a vile, barbaric, misogynistic practice that is.

Fushi
Ugh...hate just looking at that knife...makes me queezy. @_@

WHOO! GO EGYPT!
Tombow
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Jun 28 2007, 01:47 PM) [snapback]556872[/snapback]

I totally agree. I had a friend who was from an Asian country (I wouldn't name it, tho I know which one,) and the victim of this practice. It's a horribly inhumane custom, IMO. And, in many parts of Africa they don't even take the girls to the medical facilities, and many girls die, or suffer horribly form the operations. I give credit to Egypt for finally making a total ban on this.
Popogeejo
Yeah, go Egypt, way to meet the lowest standards of acceptability.

Honestly, congratulating them for making this illegal is like congratulating any country that makes rape or murder illegal.
It's bloody expected.
Toby-Chan
Baby steps, Popo. Don't forget that there still are a lot of cultures that actively promote rape and murder as legal punishments for crimes.

As a whole, we're not quite there, yet.
Popogeejo
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/6252276.stm
Tombow
QUOTE(Popogeejo @ Jun 29 2007, 07:02 AM) [snapback]557252[/snapback]

I just saw this on the news!! Glad that was averted!!
Popogeejo
Happy news now
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/6252290.stm
10 cool points to whomever brings me a youtube link.
Toby-Chan
Here you go, Popo. May all your dreams come true. (Except the pervy ones.)
Tombow
QUOTE(Popogeejo @ Jun 29 2007, 01:08 PM) [snapback]557301[/snapback]

QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Jun 29 2007, 03:17 PM) [snapback]557380[/snapback]

That was good!! Yap, I enjoyed this one!! biggrin.gif

Popogeejo
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scotland/6257194.stm

Baaaaawwwwww
Tombow
QUOTE(Popogeejo @ Jun 30 2007, 12:22 PM) [snapback]557664[/snapback]

I wonder what was the motive. mellow.gif Bad airline food?? One too many lost luggages? >.<
Popogeejo
It's Scotland so odds are it was just to keep warm.
Kenji
Virginity For Sale £10,000

What's with people about my age on these days...
I can buy a Honda if I sold my virginity at that price... XD
Tombow
QUOTE(Kenji @ Jul 3 2007, 07:46 AM) [snapback]558396[/snapback]

And she found the buyer... mellow.gif
Naivete
QUOTE(Kenji @ Jul 3 2007, 09:46 PM) [snapback]558396[/snapback]

What's with people about my age on these days...
I can buy a Honda if I sold my virginity at that price... XD

Oh damn, I was going to post that one! XD
Neways,...
Who the hell asks his wife to go f*** other men/women?
huh.gif
Tombow
QUOTE(baKa-neKoh @ Jul 3 2007, 08:10 AM) [snapback]558410[/snapback]

There was another case while ago using this law.. that one was a wife suing husband's the other women, and she won also. Tho, it's kind of a sad way to get the "compensation" for the heartbreak, IMO. huh.gif
GothGirl
QUOTE(Kenji @ Jul 3 2007, 07:46 AM)

And she found the buyer...

And she lives at home...imagine if her parents decided to check her internet history huh.gif...now that would be a really awkward conversation...
Popogeejo
QUOTE(baKa-neKoh @ Jul 3 2007, 01:10 PM) [snapback]558410[/snapback]
Who the hell asks his wife to go f*** other men/women?

Swingers and such.
Taskinst
^ Notice how the reporter moved away as quickly as possible,before he made any other comment.
Tombow
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Jul 3 2007, 11:42 PM) [snapback]558606[/snapback]

QUOTE(Taskinst @ Jul 4 2007, 12:52 AM) [snapback]558623[/snapback]
^ Notice how the reporter moved away as quickly as possible,before he made any other comment.

So true!! Nice & swift move by the reporter!! laugh.gif
Naivete
Marketing Advice of the Day: Sex Sells
Twilightz
QUOTE(baKa-neKoh)

World these days. sleep.gif
Tombow
QUOTE(baKa-neKoh @ Jul 5 2007, 03:36 AM) [snapback]558963[/snapback]

What a cheesy idea!! rolleyes.gif
Tombow
QUOTE(Popogeejo @ Jul 5 2007, 10:08 AM) [snapback]559006[/snapback]

And, "the winner" was a good sport as well. biggrin.gif
Twilightz
QUOTE(Blitz)

Omg... O_O Tough kid.
Tombow
QUOTE(Blitz @ Jul 6 2007, 05:03 PM) [snapback]559699[/snapback]

Like some nightmare horror movie!! blink.gif
Fushi
OMFG. O_O

.........*glad she doesn't go to pools anymore*
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Tombow @ Jul 6 2007, 05:52 PM) [snapback]559711[/snapback]
QUOTE(Blitz @ Jul 6 2007, 05:03 PM) [snapback]559699[/snapback]

Like some nightmare horror movie!! blink.gif

...or a Dead Infection song.
Popogeejo
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england...ire/6287256.stm
This looks pretty funky. Anyone want to loan me £100k?
Kenji
£100k?

I can buy myself a V8 Beemer 545i with that rather than a ubiquitous looking car which is both ugly and impractical... XD
Tombow
QUOTE(Popogeejo @ Jul 10 2007, 05:05 PM) [snapback]560983[/snapback]
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england...ire/6287256.stm
This looks pretty funky. Anyone want to loan me £100k?

QUOTE(Kenji @ Jul 11 2007, 10:03 AM) [snapback]561116[/snapback]
I can buy myself a V8 Beemer 545i with that rather than a ubiquitous looking car which is both ugly and impractical... XD

Aww... but it's the Pink Panther car!! I think it's neat!! tongue.gif
blackpheonix7
@Popogeejo: I want that to be my first car....I bet it has heated seats
Edamame
Damn, if I had a car like that I would be the envy of all the "cool kids at University". rolleyes.gif Pretty damn interesting design though. (I am still creeped out by that pool drain story. When I was young one of my friends told me about a girl getting her hair caught in a pool drain and then drowning too death. I never thought that something similar to that could actually happen. It is a miracle that the girl survived.)
Chiyo
Racist Belgian

More interesting than the link sounds....more poltical correctness gone mad in my mind. If we follow this trend, I might add, I think you should ban Pirates of the Caribbean as it depicts all South Americans as cannibals! (or wherever they were meant to be) ((not really my POV)).
Edamame
It makes me sad how far we have to go with political correctness nowadays. This reminds me of a similar incident that happened in the U.S. where a Seven Eleven convience store was converted into a repclica of Abu's Kwiki-Mart from the Simpsons. It is becoming increasingly difficult these days to discern if something really is truly racist. (Is it possible to be so politically correct that you can swing right back around to being "racist"?) What are we going to ban next? This would make for a rather interesting topic in the Debate forum.
Fushi
Listen up, and listen good. if Tintin is going get banned...it's going be because of the rhinoceros he killed! O:<

VIVA LE RHINOCEROS PARTY!!!
Toby-Chan
Chiyo, your sarcasm about POTC is not quite as far off as you thought.
Fushi
=/

Tia Dalma is definitely in “Magical Negro” territory. She’s overly willing to help the white characters, often for a smaller price than one might expect and even after Jack steals from her. She is exploited by the white characters, and the film offers no criticism for this. Rather, it’s intended to be funny. White people ripping off a black woman who is helping them? Totally hilarious! [/sarcasm]Furthermore, there was the treatment of Dalma’s sexuality. Hey, I’m all for sexuality. If it was just Dalma lusting after Will and Jack, I’d call her an honorary fan and be done with it. My problem is that her sexuality was also treated as a joke. The film made it perfectly clear that there was no way that Jack nor Will would actually be romantically interested in her. A Black woman thinking she is sexually/romantically desirable? Hahahaha! [/more sarcasm]

Cause, you know, back then white people would've totally trusted black women and not try to use them! [/sarcasm]

It's called historical accuracy. Get over it. You're taking sucha thing too seriously. You should be happy actually that despite all this about Tia, [spoiler]they made a black woman an almighty goddess[/spoiler]. >>

The things people get worked up about. It's just like the Iranians getting worked up over 300.
Toby-Chan
They said it's a joke that neither Jack nor Will would be interested in Tia Dalma... but when Tia Dalma was talking to Jack, I was under the impression that she was already totally tapping that. (And that maybe she was a little too much woman for him to handle. Most everyone seemed pretty threatened by her prowess.)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.