Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Crazy News Item Of The Day
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Spam Central
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40
Chiyo
Panic Much?

3rd paragraph down I'm reffering to.

Oh and did you hear? There have been several plots to bomb the UK since the events in London last year, they've just been keeping it to themselves. So we have been in danger pretty much constantly, this time it became public knowledge.

Toby: When I was at a jousting reinacment children were told to keep behind the fence. Course they didn't, and if they had been hurt by one of the horses the events organisers would be blamed...not the kids or the parents who let them break the rules.
Tombow
QUOTE(Chiyo @ Aug 14 2006, 06:36 AM) [snapback]432613[/snapback]
Panic Much?

3rd paragraph down I'm reffering to.

Oh and did you hear? There have been several plots to bomb the UK since the events in London last year, they've just been keeping it to themselves. So we have been in danger pretty much constantly, this time it became public knowledge.
I really don't know what to trust these days, and also I seriously hate to fly anywhere now. sad.gif
Popogeejo
Stil better than McDonalds...

IPB Image
Tombow
QUOTE(popogeejo @ Aug 21 2006, 02:31 PM) [snapback]435331[/snapback]
And, what kind of dishes are they serving??? Indian food??? huh.gif
Toby-Chan
Mmmm... Indian food....

(The way they say- "We're not supporting what he does; we just want people to try to be different like him" sounds like the justification of Marylin Manson fans. laugh.gif)
Tombow
^^ For some reason, this reminds me of a movie director who wanted to cast Paris Hilton as Mother Teresa.. Both are so inappropriate!! laugh.gif
Tombow
QUOTE(popogeejo @ Aug 22 2006, 11:23 AM) [snapback]435691[/snapback]
Wonder if that was really accidental... biggrin.gif
Toby-Chan
Sunday school teacher fired for being a Woman.

Because the bible forbids women to have authority over men.

It's sad how these sorts of things just mess it all up for the sane christians.
Popogeejo
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21082006/323/smok...ry-britain.html

Do you think it's right for people to be changing classic cartoons like this?
Am I the only one who finds it odd that they are more concerned with the smoking than the racist jokes?
Colette
I hated Tom and Jerry. Damn that mouse and dog, Tom is SO much cooler than you two! D:

As to the topic, meh. Tom and Jerry used to be horribely violent but now it's toned down. Might as well change smoking too.
Toby-Chan
People. Are. Silly.

Aren't kids more likely to pick up smoking from their parents and peers anyway?
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Aug 22 2006, 06:35 PM) [snapback]435800[/snapback]

People. Are. Silly.

Aren't kids more likely to pick up smoking from their parents and peers anyway?

There's no question about it.
MonsterEnvy
I read something about people doing the same thing to an anime (I feel like it was Bleach) for the U.S. release. I think that it's sort of stupid- I mean, for Havoc, smoking was crucial to the plot of the manga, and somewhat useful in ep. 43 of the anime. It's part of those two as much as it's a part of Tom and Jerry... it's wrong to edit out content just because it might be somewhat objectionable. It's much better to simply show shows with questionable content 'after the Watershed.' A few racial jokes or a cigarette shouldn't be a serious problem to the vast majority of people. If it is for some, then they should just not watch the show.
Popogeejo
I wouldn't mind if it was new episodes withouit smoking but going back and changing the classics feel wrong.
They don't get rid of the possibly offensive portrayal of the old black lady and you had Tom blacking up* Jerry and forcing him to dance once or twice but thats fine aslong as tom isn't smoking...

I read something about people doing the same thing to an anime (I feel like it was Bleach) for the U.S. release

The did it with DBZ. The painted out cigs and coloured Beer to look like water. Nothing like a tall foamy mug of Water...

*Putting Jerry in make up (Soot usually) to look like a Steryotypical black man.
Tombow
^^ I'm with Popo on this.
In a way I understand adapting the contents to suit the changing prevailling views of the time, but alterring the classics??? I don't like it!!
Toby-Chan
Let's play a little game called- "What would Edward Elric say about this study?"
Tombow
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Aug 25 2006, 11:59 PM) [snapback]437349[/snapback]
Let's play a little game called- "What would Edward Elric say about this study?"
Hmmmm.. from my own experiences, most of my geek/brainy guys/gals friends were short... unsure.gif
Chiyo
I DON'T know about anyone else, but I feel that idle gossip in a hairdressing shop by uneducated women of Islam is outrageous.

Any organisation could hire Alton Towers theme park if they asked, and get permission. Such idle gossip that non-Muslim women would have to cover up is silly talk, just as silly as saying that if an organisation for hairdressers were to hire Alton Towers then all non-hairdressers would have to walk round with curlers in their hair and wear towels round their necks! Then all the staff at Alton Towers could highlight everyone's hair so they all looked the same!

Surely idle gossip and silly talk like this against Muslims is the foundation stone of racist behaviour!

Does anyone in Tamworth know of a prophet called Santa Claus living in a grotto in the Bullring shopping centre? Perhaps it may be better for parents to teach their children the truth as we all know it's wrong to lie! What is this country coming to when parents are too scared to tell their children the truth - that they have lied to them for years about Santa Claus! Then again the tooth fairy may come along and back their silly talk and lies up!

An educated woman and mother of Islam.

This was posted in my local paper a month ago about when a theme park only permitted Muslims to attend one day. She doesn't mention a family who's wedding reception was ruined because this day collided with theirs, stopping them drinking alcohol, making any noise at prayer times etc. She seems to believe if we had a 'Christian day' it wouldn't upset anyone. She has to be kidding!

I suppose what I'm getting at is how much of our faith we have to hide because it upsets the Muslim community (or those few who speak for their 'whole faith'). Santa 'the prophet' is now banned in our shopping centre. Some towns are not allowed to put up Xmas decorations so it doesn't offend the few Muslims around who take offence. We have to change our faith and tradition to suit them.

Here are the responces
Edamame
QUOTE(Tombow @ Aug 26 2006, 06:51 AM) [snapback]437404[/snapback]

QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Aug 25 2006, 11:59 PM) [snapback]437349[/snapback]
Hmmmm.. from my own experiences, most of my geek/brainy guys/gals friends were short... unsure.gif

Heh, I suppose that all of my tall friends shall make loads of cash whereas I shall be forever doomed to face self-esteem issues and average pay. I am five inched below average height for a woman my age, but I do just as well as my taller class-mates. While we are on the subject, I read a really creepy magazine article a while ago about women in China who would get operations to make them taller in order to get well-paying jobs. I wish I still had the magazine, because it would go well with this article.
Toby-Chan
Steve Irwin dies.

D:

Sadly, if cruelly, we probably all saw this coming.
Tombow
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Sep 4 2006, 12:20 AM) [snapback]441546[/snapback]
Steve Irwin dies.

D:

Sadly, if cruelly, we probably all saw this coming.
Aw... I watched many of his animal programs on TV... sad.gif
Chiyo
It is sad, but what's worse is that it was such a freak accident. What I mean is, if it had hit him anywhere else he would have lived. Only one other person had died in Australia by the same creature, and that was in 1945.

You do expect it....but then you don't...and for some reason I though he was a lot younger than 44.
ed_drink_your_milk
Aw..I told my little brother and he kind of freaked out. He is always watching Steve Irwin's show...
Tombow
QUOTE(Chiyo @ Sep 4 2006, 07:19 AM) [snapback]441627[/snapback]
It is sad, but what's worse is that it was such a freak accident. What I mean is, if it had hit him anywhere else he would have lived. Only one other person had died in Australia by the same creature, and that was in 1945.

You do expect it....but then you don't...and for some reason I though he was a lot younger than 44.
Yeah, that's freaky!! sad.gif
We used to wacth his animal shows, and often laughed watching him going after poison snakes over and over, and such, and that was fun, and we used to say "he's gonna get killed one day!!"
Now that doesn't seem fun...
Chiyo
But its true isn't it? He handled all those dangerous snakes and spiders, wrestled crocs and yet dies by probably one of the least likely creatures he's touched.

They say they are showing the film of him pulling the barb from his chest to the coronor. Somehow his producer saw it to...but I don't know how he could. He is actually watch him die.

Still I bet you his kids will follow in his footsteps.
Popogeejo
They say they are showing the film of him pulling the barb from his chest to the coronor. Somehow his producer saw it to...but I don't know how he could. He is actually watch him die.

Cornor is gonna watch it for plainly obvious reasons, the producer watched it to see how much he can use for "Steve Irwins Final Hunt" or some such crap.

Sounds like Irwin made a stupid mistake by taking out the Bard (If he did). If he had left it he would have a better chance of living. It's like a stabbing, ifthe knife is left in then keep it there, it plugs the wound.

EDIT
And thus begins the bad taste (if ammusing) pictures;
BBC interview...
I choose Irwin!
Tombow
QUOTE(popogeejo @ Sep 5 2006, 10:05 AM) [snapback]442176[/snapback]
Cornor is gonna watch it for plainly obvious reasons, the producer watched it to see how much he can use for "Steve Irwins Final Hunt" or some such crap.
What's so morbid about that is...if that is shown on TV, lots of people will probably watch it...including yours truly!! (and, YouTube will have a field day!!) Oh, the human nature!! sad.gif
Envy's lil' miniskirt
QUOTE(popogeejo @ Sep 5 2006, 08:05 AM) [snapback]442176[/snapback]

Sounds like Irwin made a stupid mistake by taking out the Bard (If he did). If he had left it he would have a better chance of living. It's like a stabbing, ifthe knife is left in then keep it there, it plugs the wound.

I thought the same thing until I realized that the barb is carrying a lot of venom inside it's tissue(that's around the barb) so either way he would be dead.

He probably didn't realize that it got him in the heart and his reaction was to pull the barb out right away before too much venom got into his system.

QUOTE(popogeejo @ Sep 5 2006, 08:05 AM) [snapback]442176[/snapback]

EDIT
And thus begins the bad taste (if ammusing) pictures;
BBC interview...
I choose Irwin!

I'm going to hell for laughing at the last one. laugh.gif
Popogeejo
I thought the same thing until I realized that the barb is carrying a lot of venom inside it's tissue(that's around the barb) so either way he would be dead.

I only pretend to be an expert but I don't think the venom is fatal. It would more than likely have caused dizzyness and nausia more than anything...*Wikis*..yeah, just causes swelling and pain. What he should have done (sadly against his nature of not hurting animals) was to cut off the tail. If he was well equiped he should have had a knife. Better yet, snap the stinger (non fatal to Mr. Ray).

He probably didn't realize that it got him in the heart and his reaction was to pull the barb out right away before too much venom got into his system.

Sadly thats the most likly case. When stabbed by a fish (even a silly lookng one) one's thoughts aren't "Sh*t! Better leave it in to prevent bleeding out. Where's my knife?" but more "WTF! Get this thing outta me!"
Even if he followed my hindsight advice odds are that by the time decided to cut of Mr. Rays tail the Ray would have swam away taking th bard with it.

I'm going to hell for laughing at the last one.

You should see the .gif version smile.gif
Envy's lil' miniskirt
QUOTE(popogeejo @ Sep 6 2006, 08:07 PM) [snapback]442751[/snapback]

I only pretend to be an expert but I don't think the venom is fatal. It would more than likely have caused dizzyness and nausia more than anything...*Wikis*..yeah, just causes swelling and pain. What he should have done (sadly against his nature of not hurting animals) was to cut off the tail. If he was well equiped he should have had a knife. Better yet, snap the stinger (non fatal to Mr. Ray).

According to one article I read if someone is struck in the abdomen or chest by a large stingray then it can be fatal. Also according to another article (link below), written in 1998, two other people had died the same way that Steve Irwin did. Two people bled to death from their wound. 17 worldwide fatilites in all.

Starts bottom of the second page

It's in PDF just to let you all know.
Popogeejo
According to one article I read if someone is struck in the abdomen or chest by a large stingray then it can be fatal.

To be fair though if had a chopstick stabbed into your abdomen/chest it could be fatal. Even with the Stingrays Venom I think it would be the blood loss and shock that would get you.
Envy's lil' miniskirt
Nevermind.

Tombow
^^ However it happened, it's a freakish, and horrible way to die!! sad.gif
Chiyo
It is a freakish way to, especially for him. Of all the things to kill him, one of the least likely did.

I was glad to hear the family didn't have the state funeral they were offered. They said he was just a normal guy and even with all he did its true. It would be like us giving Jamie Oliver a state funeral because he's changed the food kids get in school. (thats not putting down all Steve did)

No chips fatty

Popogeejo
QUOTE(Envy's lil' miniskirt @ Sep 7 2006, 04:52 AM) [snapback]442789[/snapback]

Nevermind.

Sorry, I was tired and not really with it. I have no memory of making that post blink.gif
Tombow
QUOTE(popogeejo @ Sep 7 2006, 06:37 AM) [snapback]442880[/snapback]
QUOTE(Envy's lil' miniskirt @ Sep 7 2006, 04:52 AM) [snapback]442789[/snapback]
Nevermind.
Sorry, I was tired and not really with it. I have no memory of making that post blink.gif
laugh.gif laugh.gif Popo - So, what other stuff have you done last night besides making that post?? tongue.gif

QUOTE(Chiyo @ Sep 7 2006, 04:39 AM) [snapback]442868[/snapback]
It is a freakish way to, especially for him. Of all the things to kill him, one of the least likely did.

I was glad to hear the family didn't have the state funeral they were offered. They said he was just a normal guy and even with all he did its true. It would be like us giving Jamie Oliver a state funeral because he's changed the food kids get in school. (thats not putting down all Steve did)
Indeed!! And, kudos to Steve's family!! sleep.gif

QUOTE(Chiyo @ Sep 7 2006, 04:39 AM) [snapback]442868[/snapback]
In the U.S., they are getting rid of soda vending machines, at school in some States.
(Tho, I don't think that was by Jamie Oliver's influence. tongue.gif )
Popogeejo
Aweful if it's true anyway. It seems very hard to belive but then that means nothing. I hope it isn't true an dthe girl recovers well. Luckily (used in the loosest way) she won't remember a thing in all likelyhood.
Roy Jr.
Has anyone heard of the news about El Slavador inmates smuggling cellphones to their cells?
By the way, they smuggled it by using their butts. blink.gif (too graphic, just use your imagination.)
Tombow
^^ Hope those were recent models. rolleyes.gif
(You see, the older models are bigger, and... Gah, I don't want to imagine it!!! tongue.gif )

QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Sep 7 2006, 10:18 PM) [snapback]443180[/snapback]
Sadly, this is not the first time I've heard similar stories/news. It's terrible!! sad.gif
Chiyo
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Sep 8 2006, 04:18 AM) [snapback]443180[/snapback]

Where the f*** did those boys even get the idea into their heads? I mean I heard a group of 10 year olds the other day talking about seeing a girl they'd like to sh*g, but they wouldn't even think about actually doing something about it.

Something is wrong in that household.
Edamame
QUOTE(Chiyo @ Sep 8 2006, 09:13 AM) [snapback]443345[/snapback]

QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Sep 8 2006, 04:18 AM) [snapback]443180[/snapback]

Where the f*** did those boys even get the idea into their heads? I mean I heard a group of 10 year olds the other day talking about seeing a girl they'd like to sh*g, but they wouldn't even think about actually doing something about it.

Something is wrong in that household.

That is just beyong disgusting. There is something terribly wrong with those four boys and the household. The revolting part is how young the boys were and how young the poor little girl was. I want to know how the hell they even got that idea in their heads. There is something seriously wrong with those boys and their family.
Toby-Chan
The sad thing is, it's most likely that the boys got the idea from being abused themselves. It's a sick cycle. But that is how children tend to extend what they learn from bad things that happen to themselves. It's the sort of thing that makes me wonder about my five year old second cousin and why she yells at the chickens and calls them 'Stupid bitches' when they run away from her. sad.gif
Tombow
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Sep 8 2006, 01:13 PM) [snapback]443490[/snapback]
The sad thing is, it's most likely that the boys got the idea from being abused themselves. It's a sick cycle. But that is how children tend to extend what they learn from bad things that happen to themselves. It's the sort of thing that makes me wonder about my five year old second cousin and why she yells at the chickens and calls them 'Stupid bitches' when they run away from her. sad.gif
I agree. It's sad how those bad behaviors "cycle" themselves. sad.gif
Matt Perry
The ages of those boys. 5, 6, 7, 10?

Most of them are not even old enough to understand the consequence of such an action.

At that age you are supposed to be afraid of cooties, not doing that kind of thign to a 2 year old.
Quistis88
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Sep 7 2006, 09:18 PM) [snapback]443180[/snapback]

Oh, eww. That's just so . . . ugh. sad.gif

And yes, poor Irwin. I heard about him on the radio, and saw a little coverage while I was coming back from the airport. mellow.gif At least that's a pretty memorable way to die.
Popogeejo
Woman found wondering motorway minus one arm.
DarkHaze
Seriously, I'm afraid of clicking links now T_T
Popogeejo
There aren't any pics. It's the BBC news site.

I'll just quote you the article if I'm not trutsed sad.gif wink.gif

A woman was found wandering along a stretch of the M8 near Glasgow with one arm severed.

The 29-year-old was discovered just before 0200 BST on Sunday at the Arkleston junction by a man travelling home to Paisley in a taxi.

She is said to have told him she had been to a nightclub and had been chased by a man after leaving.

A coach carrying wedding guests also stopped to help at the scene just before Glasgow airport.

The woman was taken to the city's Royal Infirmary and is in a serious condition.

A spokesman for Strathclyde Police said: "A 29-year-old woman was found with serious arm injuries on the M8 at Arkleston.

"She is currently receiving hospital treatment and police inquiries into the incident are ongoing."
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.