Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Crazy News Item Of The Day
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Spam Central
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40
Popogeejo
Some univeristys are free here. Plus they're white trash so that gets them special bonuses.

Military grade Tomahawk (Not the Missile)
I want one biggrin.gif
Quistis88
QUOTE(Chiyo @ Jul 10 2006, 08:09 AM) [snapback]420383[/snapback]

No offense, but that picture of her is really creepy. mellow.gif
Blitz
^ I concur.
Chiyo
The whole 20 kids creeped me out...and you imagine the state of her...well y'know.

And no offence to these kids, but unless they shine in school I doubt they'll make it past school, won't have had enough attention payed to them. And yes, they will be getting plenty off Tony.
Popogeejo
Infaltable space bouncy castle launched.
Cyborgs!
Chiyo
Dirty Racists

But you dare have a 'Christian' Day
Envy's lil' miniskirt
It's a wonder we all learned to read in the first place. rolleyes.gif
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Envy's lil' miniskirt @ Jul 14 2006, 07:29 PM) [snapback]421900[/snapback]

Yup... It's official. The n00bs are taking over.
Popogeejo
American English is already simplified.
You took the "U" out of Colour and honour and the "A" out of paedophile.
Just ask Uncle Wiki and he'll tell you so. Yet some, sorry, "sum" people still can't cut it!
Toby-Chan
I remember seeing that discussed on Fanficrants. (Yes, I'm a geek.)

See, an overly complex spelling system is what you get when you speak a language that is kinda like the illegitimate child of a large early European linguistic Orgy. (Pardon my analogy)

I personally think it's fascinating to have such a complicated language. Lose the spelling, and you lose the roots of the word, thus learning other languages which stem from where we stem from, becomes profoundly difficult. I love the thought of tracking back to the origin of various words. It makes me all pumped up and eager to go study latin and german and all that.

Plus, use of a revised spelling system would be impossible what with dialects and accents getting in the way.
Popogeejo
It makes me all pumped up and eager to go study latin and german and all that.

Latin is a great language to learn. While redundent it is, or atleast I found it to be, very easy to pick up.
Toby-Chan
QUOTE(popogeejo @ Jul 14 2006, 04:45 PM) [snapback]421913[/snapback]

It makes me all pumped up and eager to go study latin and german and all that.

Latin is a great language to learn. While redundent it is, or atleast I found it to be, very easy to pick up.

I already know Spanish, which is a pretty faithful latin language, and already I've found myself semi comprehending it. I've also had a pretty easy time picking up the patterns of Italian by ear, although unfortunately, their spelling rules are also a little funny to my Spanish-rule accustomed brain.

I'm so glad English is my first language, though. I so pity the poor people that must learn it as adults. (But then again, just looking at Arabic writing makes my brain break.)
Popogeejo
Havnig fully read the article it seems like it's far more trouble than it's worth. The words are harder to read for a start. "Th" is supposed to be "the" but are pronouced diffrently. What will happen to "their" and "There"? Thjey have to diffrent meanings but would be spelled the same.
Then you have to think of the wider ramificatons. it's not just the US thats effected. The whole world would have to learn the new English and looking at the way the UK is being run we'd have to adopt "Inglysh" aswell.

Peepull allredee mok th US's intelluhjens wen it coms to Gee-Og-rafee and now thees peepull r just begin for mor insuhlts.
Carnal Malefactor
Why not just start teaching everyone Esperanto? rolleyes.gif
Popogeejo
The international language? Why not? Also an international currency and measurement system while we're at it. But wait, that all smells like COMMUNISM!
asunder
QUOTE(popogeejo @ Jul 14 2006, 10:11 PM) [snapback]421987[/snapback]

The international language? Why not? Also an international currency and measurement system while we're at it. But wait, that all smells like COMMUNISM!

What's wrong with communism? You know the in the star trek world, humans basically follow communism
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(asunder @ Jul 14 2006, 10:50 PM) [snapback]421994[/snapback]

QUOTE(popogeejo @ Jul 14 2006, 10:11 PM) [snapback]421987[/snapback]

What's wrong with communism? You know the in the star trek world, humans basically follow communism

AND THAT'S WHY STAR TREK GOT CANCELLED, DADGUMMIT! IPB Image
asunder
I think the idea was presented in Star Trek Deep Space 9. It was as simple as humans work for the good of mankind, so there's no sort of pay system. Contrast that to the Ferengi which were a capitalistic/merchanistic society. We could learn a lot from star trek....biggrin.gif

Every Star Trek after Deep Space 9, was a POS...so it probably deserved to be cancelled.
Popogeejo

I have little if any intrest in Star Trek though. And while I like Communism it won't work. It's to easy and unsatisfing for people to except.
Jaganshi
While the Idea of communism is good, as [b]Popo[/] said, it never actually works. But then again, most forms of government usually fail.
Carnal Malefactor
The idea of communism is not 'good'. It's got a superficial appeal, but if you stop to think about it for a moment, it pretty much implies an authoritarian style of governance, since everything is centralized.
Popogeejo
Erectile problems of a diffrent kind.

The Decider strikes!
Bush vetos stem cell bill. Popo declares it retarded.
Quistis88
QUOTE(popogeejo @ Jul 18 2006, 10:40 AM) [snapback]422983[/snapback]

laugh.gif Sucks to be him.

QUOTE(popogeejo @ Jul 18 2006, 10:40 AM) [snapback]422983[/snapback]
The Decider strikes!Bush vetos stem cell bill. Popo declares it retarded.

That picture . . . it's so . . . cheesy. biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Void @ Jul 30 2006, 12:37 PM) [snapback]427421[/snapback]

I read about this a day or two ago, and I was amused as well. laugh.gif
Edamame
[quote name='popogeejo' date='Jul 18 2006, 04:40 PM' post='422983']
Erectile problems of a diffrent kind.

Dear God... blink.gif I feel bad for that guy, but I can't stop laughing. I guesss I have a sick and twisted sense of humour.
Tombow
QUOTE(popogeejo @ Jul 18 2006, 11:40 AM) [snapback]422983[/snapback]
Yikes!! tongue.gif

QUOTE(Void @ Jul 30 2006, 01:37 PM) [snapback]427421[/snapback]
I knew it!! laugh.gif BTW, that picture of him looks so scary!! blink.gif
Anemone
Barbaric.

Reading that made me so upset; also, the fact that I accidentantly came across a picture on Yahoo! New just made me want to vomit. How can people be so damn cruel and ignorant?
Tombow
@Anemone - The link doesnot work for me. unsure.gif
I'm curious what's so barbaric....
Popogeejo
It's about 50,000 dogs being killed in an area of China after 3 people died of Rabies.

Owners were offered 63 cents per animal to kill their dogs before the teams were sent in, the report said.

Dogs being walked were taken from their owners and beaten on the spot, the newspaper said. Other killing teams entered villages at night, creating noise to get dogs barking, then honing in and beating them to death.

lovely....
Tombow
^^ Thanks, popo!! happy.gif

That sure sounds horrible!!
Wow!! 50,000 dogs!!!?? blink.gif
Chiyo
Wow, thats a whole lot of food for Korea...

sorry, bad taste
Tombow
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Aug 4 2006, 11:16 PM) [snapback]429136[/snapback]
The cover pic looks very tastefully done, to me. unsure.gif
Popogeejo
Thats less breast than they show on the cover of lads mags. It's actually quite a cute picture IMO.
Quistis88
I like that cover pic. Very maternal. smile.gif I don't see what's so offensive about it. So it's apparently not appropriate to "show skin" in a non-sexual context?
Toby-Chan
If people catch sight of it, then they might even be temtped to start thinking of lactating lumps of fat in a non-sexual manner. If that happens, then it might even get to the point where society doesn't think of the human body as an inherently sexual thing, and people will no longer be ashamed of their own bodies, and puritanical guilt will no longer restrict them. It will be anarchy!
Carnal Malefactor
Bah. You're just jealous because you don't have 'em, yourself. tongue.gif
Toby-Chan
Why is it that you always find some way to bring that up?
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Aug 5 2006, 06:52 PM) [snapback]429379[/snapback]

Why is it that you always find some way to bring that up?

Because I'm crass and silly. rolleyes.gif
Chiyo
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Aug 5 2006, 05:16 AM) [snapback]429136[/snapback]

Better than seeing a baby's arse on TV all the time.
Tombow
QUOTE(Void @ Aug 7 2006, 02:46 PM) [snapback]429933[/snapback]
Ummm.. why anyone pays $1 million for her to wave at the crowds??" Austrian guys are that desparate?? huh.gif
Popogeejo
Evolution reversed in mice
US researchers have taken a mouse back in time some 500 million years by reversing the process of evolution.
Edamame
QUOTE(popogeejo @ Aug 8 2006, 11:58 AM) [snapback]430171[/snapback]

US researchers have taken a mouse back in time some 500 million years by reversing the process of evolution.

Wow, that is pretty amazing. It is incredible what scientist can do nowadays. I wonder if the mouse displays any different behaviours.
Tombow
QUOTE(popogeejo @ Aug 8 2006, 06:58 AM) [snapback]430171[/snapback]

Soon we may have a Jerassic mouse!! biggrin.gif
Toby-Chan
QUOTE(Chiyo @ Aug 6 2006, 07:19 AM) [snapback]429583[/snapback]

QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Aug 5 2006, 05:16 AM) [snapback]429136[/snapback]

Better than seeing a baby's arse on TV all the time.

laugh.gif On a related note, best quote related to that picture-

"That's a breast? I thought it was just biting another baby's ass."

(If you think about it... yeah...)
drworm
Hooray! Further proof of evolution. I wonder what the ID crowd is going to say about this one? tongue.gif
Toby-Chan
blink.gif Not sure what to say to that.

By the way- Five meerkats had to die because some parents let their kid climb over the enclosure wall and get bitten.

I say they should have let her just get the rabies shots anyway and let the poor things live. That'll teach her not to stick her hands where they don't belong. mad.gif
Tombow
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Aug 11 2006, 01:02 PM) [snapback]431344[/snapback]
Five meerkats had to die because some parents let their kid climb over the enclosure wall and get bitten.
I say they should have let her just get the rabies shots anyway and let the poor things live. That'll teach her not to stick her hands where they don't belong. mad.gif
^^ I second that!! rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.