Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Crazy News Item Of The Day
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Spam Central
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40
Carnal Malefactor
pa-pa-pa-paaaaaaaranoiaaaaaa!
Quistis88
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Dec 12 2004, 12:00 AM)

A hearing, even? That's insane. That's stupid. The schools are overreacting. Next, they're going to ban stationary because you can jab pen(cil)s in others' eyes and let someone eventually bleed to death from paper cuts over a long long long period of time.

I'm all in agreement that schools need to establish a MUCH better disciplinary system, but this is just irrational.

About Hole's article . . . hee. I don't know what to say. Entertaining read though.
Quistis88
(this post is a thread bump)

I found something interesting today.
Prodigy, 12, Compared To Mozart

If I had this sort of talent, then maybe my mother would be proud of me. She often scolds me for not being a child prodigy. Bah.

What do you think of prodigies and the like? Discuss.
mei_tenshi
It's awesome that he found his talent so early, but there's also a drawback. Isn't life all about finding yourself, and what you want to do? What if something happens so he can't compose anymore? *knock on wood* If this is something he wants to do all his life, and he does manage to do that, it's great. If not, he'll have harder time finding what it is he wants to do because he never got the chance to discover and explore other talents, being so focused on composing. Stress will definitely be a factor, and maybe even pressure to live up to his own reputation, and that concerns prodigies of any sort.

Well, let's just hope it works out for Jay and all those really talented kids out there.
hitokiri
yeah having that talent is great....for an adult... it would have sucked not being able to have been a normal kid... i'm sure gets alot of social interaction and all but that kinda talent requires alot of practice to maintain it.... so when's he gonna be able to do kid stuff like pranks, sports, etc....
Lady Battousai
It's up to him I guess...*too stunned*...
Quistis88
New Words Added to Oxford Dictionary

I wonder if I should buy another dictionary ever again . . .
hitokiri
YES!!!! I CAN FINALLY USE THE PHRASE CRACK HO IN MARKETING REPORTS!!!!!!!!!
Quistis88
I see some of us are quite happy with this new change. tongue.gif
hitokiri
*eagerly awaits the addition of the word chickenhead*
Quistis88
Haha! laugh.gif What else are you waiting for?
definingmind
lol. huh.gif
This makes one wonder if 'bling bling' is going to be put in the dictonary anytime soon.
Quistis88
It's only a matter of time, definingmind. biggrin.gif
hitokiri
honestly i would like the following words/phrases to be added to the english language:

fantacrap: (n) a whimsical mixture of fantasy and crap
nitzdick: (n) a dingus of astronomical proportions
crackhead: (n) if you can't figure it out, you are one
numbnuts: (n) a nitzdick or a dingus
assmonger: (n) self explanatory
busted-ass: (adj) of sub par quality or lower
whitee mcwhitewhite: (n) a honkie of crackerific proportions
craptastic: (adj) horrible

there are probably more but i really can't think of anymore right now

ADD ON: oh i almost forgot....

The White Man Dance: (n) a dance with no regard for rhythm. in general only the knees and arms are used, forgetting that all dance comes for the hips.
Carnal Malefactor
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/im...8,402248,00.jpg

crazy Aussies...
Quistis88
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Dec 15 2004, 07:36 PM)

Newsworthy, indeed . . . what compelled them to do such a thing?
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Dec 16 2004, 02:39 AM)
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Dec 15 2004, 07:36 PM)

Newsworthy, indeed . . . what compelled them to do such a thing?

I dunno, but they're calling it an accident.
Quistis88
Heh, accident . . .

Conspiracy?
definingmind
(Quistis88 @ Dec 15 2004, 07:43 PM)
   Heh, accident . . .

Conspiracy?

Strange, you'd think that they would put some calming hold music on or something.
Quistis88
There's no such thing as "calm" in China.
hitokiri
agreed.... that and honestly i wouldn't of even thought that the government would be that concerned over suicide....
Quistis88
Of course not. Heck, this is probably how they're planning on fixing that over-population problem.
Thievesvinegar
http://maddox.xmission.com/suicide.html

a total asshole, albeit, still funny.
GuestHole
#5 --> Replace Algebra with Calculus and I'm in.
Quistis88
Ohh, I LOVE Maddox! His rants are the best!
Carnal Malefactor
holy crap!

blink.gif
hitokiri
dear sweet chocolatey jesus.....

but why praytell would the sheriff believe that the fetus is still alive? if the murderer choose strangulation it is obvious that thier medical knowledge is lacking and a 8 month old premature fetus is INCREDIBLY hard to maintain even with the benefit of modern medical machines, which i doubt the murderer has access to.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(hitokiri @ Dec 18 2004, 04:58 AM)
dear sweet chocolatey jesus.....

but why praytell would the sheriff believe that the fetus is still alive? if the murderer choose strangulation it is obvious that thier medical knowledge is lacking and a 8 month old premature fetus is INCREDIBLY hard to maintain even with the benefit of modern medical machines, which i doubt the murderer has access to.

The baby was found alive, actually. ohmy.gif
Quistis88
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Dec 17 2004, 10:02 PM)
The baby was found alive, actually.  ohmy.gif

That's even more incredible.

What possesses people to do such things? huh.gif
Bling_bling_Angel
ph34r.gif That ass-wipe obviosuly hasn't heard of "adoption"... dry.gif
Quistis88
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Dec 21 2004, 04:16 PM)

How could they!? ohmy.gif ph34r.gif I got upset the moment I saw the headline.
Ailuro
Hm, that reminds me of the time someone threw a kitten out the window of a car in my old town. The poor thing was trying to avoid the cars and came very close to being hit. We pulled over and it ran to the side of the street where we picked it and put it the carrier that we conveniently had in the trunk of our car. After that we took it to the vet, it wasn't injured but it was extremely malnourished. We adopted it and gave it to my grandmother who named her Angel.
mei_tenshi
*nods at Quistis* Me too. Bad enough that people abuse their pets, but to throw them out the car window...?! Just shows how messed up the world is.

@Aikuro: What you did was awesome. If there were more people like you, the world may just be a little less messed up on the animal abuse front.
xrninja
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Dec 21 2004, 04:16 PM)

i remember a few years ago there were a few articles in the paper about a fender-bender accident on the highway, and the people were arguing on the side of the highway, and the person who's car got hit reached into the other car, took the other person's bichon frise doggie, leo, and tossed it onto the highway. sad.gif needless to say leo didn't survive.
Ailuro
I remember seeing/reading that! He claimed that the dog bit him and wouldn't let go so he flung it out into the highway. sad.gif
It was an old lady's doggie, too. u_u
Quistis88
That's so . . . cruel . . .
Ailuro
Cruel indeed. It makes me wonder how such people can live with knowing they did these thing.
Quistis88
Maybe they go into the basement to cry every night. Or join Tucker's little club.
Ailuro
Har, I like the last one.
Quistis88
Haha, I like your little "har". laugh.gif Anyway, to stay on topic . . .

The girl who can't feel pain

Have you seen this one?
Ailuro
No, I haven't. That must've been quite devastating for her and her parents. Being unable to feel pain would be hard to live with in the world.
Quistis88
Yeah. Imagine that you hurt yourself and are bleeding to death . . . you wouldn't know unless you actually saw the injury . . .
Ailuro
Ugh, it would be extremely easy to kill yourself. I hope she doesn't end up wanting to commit suicide much later in her life. No pain to hold her back. But she seems like such a happy child right now. ^^
Quistis88
That she does. If she can't feel pain, maybe they can train her to be a superheroine or something. ohmy.gif Or not.
Ailuro
I'm going with the not. x)
xrninja
why do we always post links to depressing articles? X(
Quistis88
It's because nothing happy is ever on the news. Well, ok, I'm exaggerating, but maybe just a little.
Ailuro
Everyone's mission is to find a happy news article!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.